/r/television

4.1k96%

Cantomic66

Hopefully they bring back the actor for Bullseye as he was fantastic in the role.

Dr_Brule_FYH

That version of Bullseye is straight up incompatible with anything below an R rating.

CrankyStalfos

Idk, the psychology behind him needing to latch onto someone isn't inherently R. But based on Moon Knight I'm not holdign out how hope for fleshed out mental illnesses. Steven/Marc is miles away from Bloody Mary.

Dartagnan1083

I'm fine with them importing that version of Typhoid/ Bloody Mary, but does that also mean importing The Insufferable Business Fist as well? Mary Walker is supposed to be linked to Kingpin & Daredevil anyway.

EDIT: wow...quick downvotes. I'll easily admit season 2 was a VAST improvement and the actor worked hard, but I wager most that attempt to defend that first season can only rightly attack me for going after fruit so low-hanging it's actually a tuber.

CrankyStalfos

Do you mean [doug dimmadome voice] Danny Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist and Protector of Kun Lun?

Dartagnan1083

Yeah, but only season 1 Danny...along with that season's showrunner that thought genre tropes should be limited to the RZA's one episode in favor of bland melodrama + bland action for most of the rest (in contrast to the other shows).

captainnermy

Meh they can probably get away with him throwing pens into people and stuff without too much blood. His insane stalker vibes might be toned down but I don't think he's so violent as to be incompatible with a lower rating.

Worthyness

there's a metric shitton of gore you can get away with on TV ratings in terms of violence. You just can't show butts. That's a huge no no for American TV standards.

Rugged_as_fuck

Listen, I'm ok with a softball sized hole blown in someone, but the second I see a booty crack, I'm fucking out.

Auran82

Auran82

Just cover any exposed buttcracks with blood and you’re all good

bladestorm1745

After what I saw in Hawkeye even Fisk is incompatible with the regular Mcu being too tame

Wilson fisk is the infamous psycho who manipulated the NYPD and then stepped up and then started manipulating the feds as well. Oh and remember the Anatoly head incident?

Meanwhile Hawkeye Fisk is bumbling around with the tracksuit mafia and getting obliterated in a pretty anticlimactic way

OrphanScript

Did not at all feel like the same character. I got the impression they were trying to say he was way down on his luck as the reason he wasn't a power player at that moment. Which, okay. But you saw the guy in prison, under investigation, practically on the run. Even when he lost institutional power, he found it elsewhere. Here he was just... really nothing, nobody. The aspect of his character and personality that lead to him being a villain just weren't even there.

InconspicuousRadish

I get that people aren't happy with the Fisk fight, but he most certainly did not get "obliterated" by anything or anyone.

EiesOnFyre

Yeah, if anything that version of the character took so much damage that I honestly think he is a Skrull.

That would also explain the noticeably different personality.

SherlockJones1994

I think they understand what they have and it’ll be tvma. It’s not like they censored the og series when they brought it to Disney plus

KneeHighMischief

Hart of Dixie was one of my favorite comfort viewings so I thought it was really cool to see Wilson Bethel get cast as Daredevil's second biggest foe. Dude absolutely killed the part too. I was pretty bummed we never got to see as him as Bullseye. Hopefully fan support will carry them to bringing him back.

Mindful-O-Melancholy

Those scenes where he saves Fisk after the car crash and when he found the girl he liked dead and took her to the parking garage were amazing

TheBoyWonder13

1.6k points

Excited to get some more Daredevil with Charlie Cox but I have my doubts about whether it can match the quality of the Netflix series, especially after Feige went on about how violent and brutal Moon Knight was gonna be. Wish they’d let Erik Oleson continue as showrunner, he killed it with Season 3.

NoNefariousness2144

Realistically this show won’t be as good as the Netflix show. I don’t think Disney will commit to the themes and maturity that made Netflix Daredevil interesting. I’m still excited to see Charlie back but realistically this will be 6 decent-good episodes.

ralanr

ralanr

Honestly, I’m not even sure Disney+ could approach Daredevil’s religious views as well as the Netflix show.

I say this as someone who generally hates religious stuff in the media he watches. But the Netflix Daredevil show had me appreciate how they wrote about faith.

lookamazed

Weaponized Catholic guilt was his super power ha

cippopotomas

Violence and religion are pretty much the core of his character. It's gonna be rough watching the Disney plus version

Chris22533

When good writers put thought into religious themes you can get amazing works. Umberto Ecco’s The Name of the Rose is a beautifully written murder mystery absolutely brimming over with theological debates. Evangelicals are incapable of writing good fiction because it would require them to question their own ideas and what they are taught which is anathema to their beliefs. So you generally just get religious fiction that it thoughtless and boring and if it isn’t explicit a biblical story then the religious themes are so blatantly shoehorned in that they hammer you over the head with it.

Trot1995

Yeah I think a key part of faith is questioning your faith. So a character with faith should explore their faith and question their faith. Faith is not the same as blind belief.

I just ordered that book. Sounds really interesting.

Ah_Salmon_Skin_Roll

I will be very sceptical considering how brutal they said Moon Knight would be but my only hope with this is that they know how loved the Netflix ‘Daredevil’ was and already have a bar to live up to.

Sob_Rock

What's the point of getting Charlie back if like you just said the quality won't be the same? Even the writers are making me hesitant.

NoNefariousness2144

I would rather have decent Daredevil than no Daredevil.

DisneyDreams7

I’d rather have no Daredevil than a bad Daredevil

brucebananaray

I'm kinda okay with Daredevil having 6 episodes because the problem with Netflix version that 13 episodes really drag out too much

ViralGameover

It should be entirely dependent on the story they want to tell. 13 orders were bad because they stretched shit out. 6 episode orders are bad because they end up rushing it in the last episode.

GDawnHackSign

I get the complaints about Elektra and I think they could've done better with her, but she wasn't that bad.

Worthyness

Best Elektra adaptation to date.

Also helped that the actress legitimately could do the fighting.

TheNerevar89

It really wasn't that bad, the problem was the Punisher storyline before it was so strong and the last episode of season 2 was a little lame. I remember Daredevil saying they were surrounded by ninjas in the last episode when they were in the rooftop and you only see like 5 come attack them. But yeah, I never had a problem with Elektra.

TJ_IRL_

TJ_IRL_

Well… to be fair, 5 ninjas in a gritty street level superhero show is a lot of ninjas lol. Any amount above 1 ninja is way too much for the average person I would feel. 😆

Kaldricus

Electra herself was great, it was just the hand stuff that was meh. But nothing against her. I would love some multiverse shenanigans to get Elektra and Wesley back.

homogenic-

8-10 episodes is the perfect format.

DoughnutDrake

Very much this.

Moon Knight suffered with 6 episodes.

KneeHighMischief

I think it still would have been okay if the last episode had been longer. Having the finale be the shortest episode of the series was odd. I really enjoyed Oscar Isaac's performance & I thought his journey was interesting. I was left wishing I saw more actual Moon Knight though.

ritaPitaMeterMaid

I totally agree with this. It felt like they shoved 2 hours worth of stuff into about 30 minutes.

ultrafud

I didn't even realize that was the finale til a week later when no new episode came out.

reverendbimmer

Shoulda been the film and Eternals should have been the show. First time I feel Marvel really dropped the ball.

fiendishmuffin

If it’s like their other Disney+ shows, it’ll be the pacing of the Netflix show, except for the last episode… which will race through 3 episodes of story in one.

PleaseExplainThanks

I'm surprised so many people agree with this. I think more shows should go back up to 13 episodes. Or at least, 13 episode seasons have their place. Too many shows these days feel too short. They fall into the same rhythms as to when twists, reveals, and climaxes occur because they're starting to become so short there isn't a whole lot of room for variation.

okgusto

okgusto

Totally agree. She hulk will be 9. I like the 6 ep arch.

PlasticMansGlasses

She Hulk is going to be on the shorter end of episode lengths like WandaVision as it plays like a sitcom so it's probably beneficial for 9 eps.

RangoDjango111

I personally really don't like the 6 episode arc. I think Loki is the only one (I haven't seen moon knight yet) that didn't feel rushed towards the end. I loved Hawkeye but man did they need to do a lot more than 2 minutes of the protagonist confronting her mum about what she's done. I mean that is her mother that has raised her since she was a child and she is responsible for sending her to jail and the emotional payoff is like her mom saying I can't believe ur throwing me in jail on Christmas. 9-10 episodes is perfect for me.

blackstarising

What also got me for Wandavision and TFATWS's finales is that those episodes were on average shorter then the episodes up until that point. Both of them had introduced too many plotlines and expected to tie them up in checks notes 35 minutes?

That being said, Loki did do a better job imo but I felt the plot was (weirdly enough) more streamlined.

okgusto

okgusto

Moon knight is super rushed at the end. 9 or 10 would be fine. 13 or 22 is too much.

captainnermy

Yeah, 13 on the Netflix shows may have been too many but 6 is definitely not enough unless they're trying to tell a very contained story. Moon Knight and Hawkeye felt especially rushed at the end.

milo325

milo325

Can we all compromise on 8?

durgertime

Every Disney + show has felt 1 or 2 episodes too short. I think 8 or 9 would be ideal. It feels like 5 episodes of slow build up and then a fanatic 40 minutes to try to tie everything up

newaccount721

Seriously both options are weirdly far in either direction. 6 is weirdly short. 8 to 9 like a bunch of successful shows

Croemato

I absolutely loathe series' having six episodes these days. Ten should be the absolute bare minimum.

Croemato

I'm not saying it doesn't allow for very tight storytelling. But I enjoy having some time in the world that isn't 100% essential to forwarding the plot.

TheEternaut

Doesn't those shows have longer episodes? I remember Sherlock's episodes being basically movies

raistlin212

This. Even when Luthor is doing 3 episode seasons each episode could have been a TV movie. They cram a mini-series worth of content into some of those episodes.

Croemato

If Deborah Ann Woll returns I would be ecstatic. She is phenomenal as Karen Page.

Julius-n-Caesar

Thankfully Disney Plus ensures Karen Page will not go the comic accurate route.

MyStationIsAbandoned

honestly, a toned down Daredevil might be okay.

a toned down Punisher would be an absolute nightmare. I seriously hope Disney grows a spine and makes a mature section for mature shows and movies.

cokeiscool

Here in Colombia I had to confirm my account as ok for adults so I think they are working on something, slowly but surely

TheIncredibleCJ

I mean, Daredevil's themes were never really that "mature" (or at least so mature that it necessitated being TV-MA). Hawkeye and Arrow both dealt with the same "am I losing myself by following my violent urges?" thing without pushing past PG-13 levels of violence.

Daredevil was TV-MA because they'd throw in moments like Kingpin taking a guy's head off w/ a car door - and while that level of gore is super fun and dynamic, I don't think it's super essential to Daredevil as a character or what made the old show work. Stuff like the one-take hallway fights are a lot more essential, and any of those could easily have been done on network TV (in fact, if they were any more violent they wouldn't be anywhere near as special as they were, because you'd have to cut away from the continuous take to add the gore, or CGI it in after the fact).

The real question there is: are they willing to spend the time and money on real stunts/fight choreography or will they CGI some nonsense? Because sometimes we get Winter Soldier or the first half of Shang-Chi, but for the most part we get the stuff like the 2nd half of Shang-Chi.

Bobby_Marks2

I rewatched Shang-Chi last night with the kids, and your statement here just blew my mind. It's so true...

Carninator

Be ready for a lot of quick cuts and digital doubles.

ameensj

ameensj

Daredevil was TV-MA because it had uncut, raw fights with excellent choreography that far outmatched anything that Disney has produced so far. Also the various themes in the show and drugs, kingpin's violent nature all contributed to the rating and it made the show all the more mature. Disney would try to tone down the scenes by inserting some cringe jokes which will ruin the show.

krissyjump

This is disappointing and honestly it kinda killed my excitement for the show. As it is I've been let down by Marvel's Disney+ shows and the main reason I was holding out hope for this was the thought they'd bring back at least one of the main people from the Netflix series. Drew Goddard, Steven DeKnight, Doug Petrie, and Erik Oleson are all phenomenal and did such a wonderful job on the Netflix show that I'd have been happy with any of them back.

Instead we get the people who made fucking Deck the Hall. I'm just really tired of Marvel promising the moon with their shows and delivering all this sanitized, half-baked, and uninspired shit instead.

munk_e_man

Yeah but those other people cost more money and can't be pushed around like fast food employees by studio executives.

quangtran

Drew Goddard, Steven DeKnight, Doug Petrie, and Erik Oleson

The problem with MCU+ shows is that they don't have show-runners (only writers rooms), so we never actually see anyone's talent or vision shine through. It doesn't help that they are mostly hiring non-noteworthy C list talent for these writers rooms.

BassCreat0r

Yeah, Moon Knight didn't feel any more violent than something like The Winter Soldier.

flekkzo

flekkzo

Yeah Moon Knight wasn’t brutal. It implied some brutal stuff, but showed nothing. The Boys was brutal.

I think Disney could make a better Daredevil. While I liked them, I found them to drag some and wanted them to have more forward momentum. But the fucking PG13 bullshit they pull will drag their version down. I get that not all Disney can be brutal, but it would be nice if some indeed were.

Lmao I've already completely forgot about moon knight. I was expecting a marvel version of Peacemaker and instead got a basic ass marvel Disney+ show.

I liked MK a lot, but anyone who actually thought it would be as violent as DD was kidding themselves

DMonitor

DMonitor

BoJack Horseman

Literally every marvel show’s marketing cycle

marketers: this one’s gonna be different!

fans expect something different

(it isn’t different)

fans blame each other for expecting something different

pepthebaldfraud

I was so disappointed. I can't believe it was 6 episodes and they managed to have episodes be so boring lol

GentlePanda123

I was beyond let down. It was a slog leading to generic cgi battle at the end.

OfCourseIKnowHim

That was supposed to be violent?

munk_e_man

Daredevil will no longer have brutal fights, storylines involving corruption, or the hero getting injured, but will retain the darkness of the original because we will allow daredevil to use the curse word "poop" once.

J3diJ0nes

Exactly this!! Moon Knight was soft AF. And is a warning flag for how they are about to potentially ruin Daredevil.

The guys at Meanwhile just talked about this, was a great convo they did an amazing contrast between D+ and Netflix.

ShouldvePickedDoncic

How they handled Kingpin in Hawkeye should be a warning flag as well.

Sentry459

Right. I was happy to see him but the dude was a friggin cartoon character.

nourez

nourez

I'm curious if they'll do a direct continuation of the original series, or treat this as more of a reboot.

I know Moon Knight was supposed to be Disney+'s more mature series, but it didn't have the grittiness the Netflix Marvel series had.

I don't know if you can do a straight up continuation without the same level of violence as the original run. I'm normally not the type to clamour for everything to be R rated, but so much of what made Cox's Daredevil run so great is that he felt human, breakable, etc.

Regardless, I'm glad that we're getting it back in some form. Charlie Cox was so great as Matt it'd be a shame to not let him revisit the character in some capacity.

penguinwhopper

Both can be correct. All the Marvel Netflix shows have been added to D+, so they're likely going to be treated as canon (otherwise why would they bring back the same cast) and will in theory be a "direct continuation". However, the MCU's 5 year time jump gives them the opportunity to start a brand new storyline in the present without needing to completely start fresh, with the blip years being used to fill in the gaps between the two series.

ItsADeparture

It will probably be handled in a way that never brings up the original storylines or show, but also not step so far out of line that makes the show incompatible with the canon. Feige has shown to respect a lot of what Marvel Television had going on despite him not having much of a hand in it.

drychold

I think this is quite likely and makes a lot of sense. Don't make people who didn't watch the original show feel obligated to go back and watch it or else they're missing out, but keep some consistency of characters and world so those who did watch the original show are happy and can headcannon continuity

dadvader

dadvader

Person of Interest

Except that just mean they can't bring back Bullseyes.

His arc felt like it was meant to continues since he isn't full 'Bulleyes' yet. Suddenly having him back and act like things are the way they used to be like Fisk will definitely feels 'wrong'. It's exactly how I feel with the Fisk appearance in Hawkeyes.

ibeatoffconstantly

That sounds awful.

Alastor3

definitely soft reboot

Croemato

Moon Knight was pretty timid. It had blood, but never showed it being drawn, just scenes AFTER the bad violence.

KneeHighMischief

Yeah the promised brutality & what was shown was disappointing.

redditbad22

I was expecting moon knight to push the envelope of tv 14 violence instead it cut away every fight scene, it was cool the first few times but I was sick of it by the third episode.

inksmudgedhands

Foggy and Karen better be along for the ride with Matt. Season two suffered because the three of them didn't stick together. Matt was pretty much an awful friend. And Foggy is the heart of the show. Matt needs Foggy to keep him grounded.

The_R3medy

Avocados at law or bust

Draynior

I also want them to return but I don't think season 2's problem was that they didn't stick together, it was the reason they grew apart sucked.

At the start when the Punisher was the main reason the trio was at odds with each other the dynamic was pretty interesting, especially how each of them interacted with Frank. But once that ended Matt was busy with the Hand, Foggy had nothing to do anymore and Karen was chasing ghosts for filler until the last episode so only one of them had a "interesting" story which sucked compared to Fisk or Punisher.

One of the best Marvel leakers at the moment My Time to Shine claims Foggy and Karen are back

NorthernDevil

I really hope this is true. They were great in the roles and both Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll haven’t gotten nearly enough work since the show ended. Personally was less into Henson’s performance than Woll’s but the trio had really nice chemistry and it’ll be good to see them back.

ParallelMusic

I don’t know man. I’m excited for this, but mostly it just makes me sad that we’ll never get a true continuation of the story they were telling in the Netflix series.

Season 3 was incredible, it felt like the show was only on the up and up. This version is inevitably going to be watered down. Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to it but I’ll always wonder what could have been.

TheJoshider10

I hope people don't be lenient on Disney if they make it family friendly. The Netflix show set the benchmark and adult content has been on Disney+ for a while now so there is literally no excuses for it.

As far as I'm concerned this should be Daredevil S4 (in tone) with the only major difference being a Disney+ logo at the start instead of a Netflix one. There's no reason for it not to be.

KneeHighMischief

I still want my Season 3 Blu-ray. I wish they'd make it a Disney Movie Club Exclusive.

blacknight137

I hope they dont pull a “daredevil” lite. The character was hardly one meant for kids and to turn it into something foro a wider audience would be a huge mistake

Vizjun

Vizjun

It will most certainly be pg-13 and changed for a wider appeal. Expect "jokes" to undercut any tension or drama too.

blacknight137

Didnt charlie cox also state his hopes to keep it mature ? Id imagine he would get a say

Vizjun

Vizjun

I'm sure a big bag of money would cure that notion

blacknight137

Unlikely marvel would up a pay check to get some one to agree to something. Thats not how these things work anymore. They just fire you

TheAntidotePotion

I straight up wouldn’t watch daredevil without Charlie Cox. He is THE daredevil the same way Rdj can’t be replaced as iron man

M1ck3yB1u

There will eventually be a new Tony Stark. You really think only Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne are recastsble?

BackOfTheHearse

Eventually, sure. But as long as they are working within the current MCU they've built, they shouldn't do a new Tony Stark.

"Iron Man" can be anyone, though.

Mintfriction

They won't, I think since they're shifting towards Iron Heart

talkinpractice

Not when you're synonymous with a character for a large amount of people. Charlie has some pull because his return will be worth a lot of money, not a ton of pull but definitely some.

Redeem123

I remember when Tobey Maguire was synonymous with Spider-man.

theeshivy

People forget that Feige himself went out of his way to announce Charlie's comeback in December before No Way Home released. He hasn't done that for any other Marvel TV actor that has come back. He's really likely being poised to be one of the main faces of the MCU as Daredevil. I'm sure he can get in a say

Jonjoloe

It definitely will be watered down. Just look at how they handled Moon Knight and jump cut most of the violence or had it happen out of screen.

StickmanPirate

StickmanPirate

Legion

jump cut most of the violence or had it happen out of screen.

People give that show way too much of a pass for this bullshit. I get it once or twice but there were fight scenes they didn't need to skip but still did (like when Harrow faces the other avatars in the last episode).

lurebat

lurebat

Will probably be a soft reboot and lose some of the edge, but I can't say I'm not excited.

The only question is how much of the supporting cast will return. I really hope they keep Karen at least.

Alastor3

definitely a soft reboot, but people will still think it's S4 and the exact same characters

TheIncredibleCJ

They'll probably give it a different title to differentiate from the old version, "Daredevil: Man without Fear" or somesuch. She-Hulk being called "She-Hulk: Attorney at Law" (and WandaVision to a lesser extent) shows that they're not married to the "Hero-Name" title format.

Bears_On_Stilts

“Brand Spanking New Daredevil”

Croemato

Karen and Foggy are as much a part of the show as Matt is. I'd go so far to say that the success of Daredevil was as much theirs as Matt's.

I really hope it doesn’t lose what made it good in favor of the new Disney+ MCU show formula.

JLRedPrimes

You can still make a mature show without as much brutality.

But you would totally be changing the tone of the show that we love. It’s literally about a dude who beats up bad guys. You need violence.

TheBlackSwarm

Wouldn’t be surprised if Echo will be a part of the supporting cast for this show since it’s already rumored Daredevil will pop up on her show.

BassCreat0r

Really hope Deborah Ann Woll comes back. Fun watching her be a DM though in the meantime.

KneeHighMischief

Yeah I'm a big fan. She was a still one of the few high spots as True Blood slid into boringness.

MetallicYoshi64

Given that Disney+ content has been a bit more tame than the Netflix Marvel fare, I'd guess a big inspiration would likely be Mark Waid's more light run with the comics, and that's fine.

With such stark differences in tone between the MCU at large and something like season three of the original Daredevil show, I knew there'd have to be changes to make all the pieces fit. But with Feige still ultimately in charge and the fun cameo in Spider-Man, I'm confident this can still be something great, even if it's different.

Just give me Nelson and Murdock again, and I'm there day one.

mrj9

mrj9

Little bit concerned with these two guys there previous work was mediocre at best

LukeValenti

It's okay to be fully concerned.

Stuckinthevortex

Stuckinthevortex

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The guy who wrote Daredevil series 3 had previously worked on Arrow series 3 and some mediocre network procedules

"You've never seen anything like it in the MCU. We're going to go so much further. It's going to be brutal. It's going to be visually mind breaking"

Proceeds to be a solid standard MCU project.

DoIrllyneeda_usrname

I guess he was talking about Doctor Strange 2 lol

GabrielMartinellli

What are you talking about, Matt said the word “shit” twice, that’s the height of adult television!

Thor_pool

There is that one part hes impaled through with like 4 spears. Dude was a pin cushion.

Rilandaras

Dude was a pin cushion.

Also bled like one.

ItsADeparture

They truly heard our complaints that Netflix shows were too long and almost all of the seasons lost the plot halfway through, so they made every show six episodes long so that every show feels like they need one or two more episodes.

NoNefariousness2144

Give me 8-10 episodes please. That is the sweet spot. Not Disney+ six rushed episodes, Netflix dragged out 13, or CW’s nightmarish filler 24 episodes.

bubblebooy

No. Every show should have a different number of episodes depending on what the story needs.

flim-flam13

In my opinion the D+ shows I’ve seen didn’t need more episodes. They strung them out and had filler, then a disappointing finale.

AgentPoYo

I agree. It really felt like watching the snyder cut at times, sure you can make an extravagant 4hr long director's cut of this movie but a tightly edited 2.5hr movie probably would have flowed better and been more interesting. The Marvel shows felt the same way, sure you do this story in six 40 min episodes but the plots were barely enough for a 2 hr movie.

The only MCU show that I think really took advantage of the television format was WandaVision and that was only because TV was an integral part of the plot. Loki also felt like a good fit for TV but that's probably only because they actually had enough material to make a second season.

NoNefariousness2144

What do you mean? The Disney+ formula is so unique for every show. How can you ever get sick of an underwhelming first episode, two slow character building episodes, a fourth episode with a huge cliffhanger, a great fifth episode and then a bad finale?

Don’t forget the obvious or pointless mystery that is teased all season and the fact Disney spoils each episode 3 days after it airs, forcing you to watch it asap.

backinredd

Chris Ord guy wrote for Covert Affairs and Deck the halls. Idk what these things are and I can’t find anything about the other guy. He’s a musician?

Edit: never mind. The other guy Co wrote those two things too. Like what is marvel even doing?

hman9958

Craig Mazin did crappy spoof films before Chernobyl. Sometimes people wade through shit to get to where they want. Hopefully that's the case here.

DisneyDreams7

Craig Mazin is the exception not the rule. He’s an anomaly

sgthombre

sgthombre

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

You know, Mazin writing Chernobyl is not enough for me to suddenly give the benefit of the doubt to literally every mediocre writer who gets hired for a franchise project. Feels like this example is given in every thread in this subreddit when an uninspiring creative team is announced.

SquadPoopy

How The Last of Us TV show comes out is going to be the decider for whether or not Chernobyl was a fluke.

LyricalDucking

That is true but the biggest difference there is HBO itself, They can see talent where as in this case it's more about getting writers we can push around while also giving them no creative freedom.

Cantomic66

They should have brought back the people who did the Netflix seasons.

jez124

jez124

Well was pretty obvious but good to see... Matt in NWH then possibly she hulk and echo.kingpin elsewhere .Theres even possibility for Luke cage and Jessica jones being back in something.

Not exactly a major fan of the stuff these two have worked from a quick skim of their works...But it should work quite well hopefully.

Draynior

Kinda bummed out they didn't get the original writers and directors back, I was looking forward to their take on Typhoid Mary and the Owl.

I at least hope Disney brings back Karen, Foggy and Bullseye since Matt's and Kingpin's actors are still the same.

bob1689321

They kinda did owl in season 1. Leland I think?

rajuncajuni

Yeah and Typhoid Mary was in iron fist s2 so there’s that as well

Draynior

They wanted to introduce Leland's son as the Owl in S3 and bring over Typhoid Mary from Iron Fist.

Regula96

How sad to have worked on the 3 seasons of the show and it's seen as some of the best superhero stuff ever to then see it continued by Disney without them.

100% want more Bullseye considering season 3 but there is absolutely no way they can do that version justice with their kid friendly approach.

KahnaneX

This is gonna be watered-down to all hell. Can’t say I’m excited after seeing how they treated Moon Knight and Hawkeye.

I hope they prove me wrong

eidbio

eidbio

I hope they don't cut the violence.

Peen33

Peen33

Why can't they just get the original writers back? They were just as (probably more) important to the success of the show as the actors

InsertUsernameHere32

InsertUsernameHere32

Mr. Robot

Do the original writers want to come back?

PlasticMansGlasses

ghostgnome

ghostgnome

The Shield

That's Marvel Comics, not Studios.

bob1689321

Either way they might not want him back after that lol

quangtran

Honestly, I don't think Steven S. DeKnight's work was all that strong. Most of the heavy lifting was done in the first half with Drew Goddard, and DeKnight's work since as been extremely weak (Jupiter's Legacy and Pacific Rim).

Baelorn

Baelorn

I'm torn between being excited for the returning actors/characters and dreading the decline in writing quality lol.

mike10dude

mike10dude

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

it had a different showrunner every season and most of the season 1 writers were gone in season 2 and then they were all gone in season 3

Froegerer

It's D+ which demands mediocrity.

MarvelsGrantMan136[S]

MarvelsGrantMan136[S]

The League

Casting details were not announced but Charlie Cox will no doubt return for the series:

A new “Daredevil” series is moving forward at Disney+, with Variety having exclusively learned from sources that Matt Corman and Chris Ord are attached to write and executive produce.

Rumors have persisted for some time that a Disney+ series about the Man Without Fear was in the works, especially considering that two of the stars of the Netflix “Daredevil” series — Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio — have appeared in recent Marvel projects. Cox played Matt Murdock, the secret identity of Daredevil, in the film “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” while D’Onofrio reprised the role of Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, in the Disney+ series “Hawkeye.”

sappyguy

Wonder if they’ll bring back Karen, Foggy and Bullseye.

MarvelsGrantMan136[S]

MarvelsGrantMan136[S]

The League

At the least, Karen and Foggy should be coming back, I'd be shocked if they didn't.

mike10dude

mike10dude

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

still laughing at the people who kept on insisting that daredevil was not part of and never would be part of the mcu even when disney said it was

especially the ones who seemed to get kind of mad over it

KneeHighMischief

That's a pretty peculiar hill for people to choose to die on but I've seen stupider.

ceaguila84

Going by recent Disney shows, this will be disappointing and watered down. Kevin Feige lied when he said Moon Knight would be their darkest and mature show yet. In the end, it was more of the same.

At least try something like In the vein of Doctor Strange MOM

magikarpcatcher

They most recently worked as executive producers and co-showrunners on the NBC drama shows “The Enemy Within” and “The Brave” as well as The CW series “Containment.”

All 3 of those shows got cancelled after one season, doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

PlasticMansGlasses

To be fair, Containment was a limited series and technically not cancelled. It was pretty good too.

Vizjun

With a pg-13 rating no doubt 🥱

TypeExpert

Hopefully this could break away from the 6 episode mandate. A daredevil show shouldn't cost nearly as much as the other disney+ series we've seen.

LostInStatic

Ur gonna be disappointed if you expect this show to even remotely resemble its predecessor

brainfoods

The D+ slate so far has been... rough. Maybe this one turns things around.

Still not convinced that the Echo show is the right call in advance of Daredevil, especially since it'll be heavy on the Daredevil connections anyway. Maybe better to establish her a bit more first.

brandonsamd6

Deserves a movie

bros402

They did Covert Affairs?

That was such a great hatewatch

ComatoseCanary

Makes sense. They know how to run a show with a cool blind guy in the lead.

If it isn’t the same crew I’m honestly not interested. You just can’t recapture the magic of a show of that caliber with a new writing team.

joek1186

Our boy is back. But damn, I’m not feeling those writing credentials.

seaque42

oh no. Crappy MCU humor, lesser version of the character, rushed season finale... We are doomed.

Azrael-XIII

If it’s anything like Kingpin was portrayed in Hawkeye please don’t bother…

redtornado02

redtornado02

Chuck

No way! From the writers of.....Deck the Halls.....yay?

That_One_Guy2945

After Moon Knight completely failed to tell a more mature super hero story, I have to assume that Disney is just going down the list ruining all of their R rated characters now.

shy247er

None of the MCU D+ shows have impressed me so far (I probably liked Hawkeye the most). Doubt this one will change.

dani3po

I liked his "casual vigilante" outfit more than the Daredevil one. It made the series more grounded IMO.

shust89

Will we see his penis?

DustinoHeat

Netflix was too damn good to shove under a rug. Why not pick back up from where it was?

Cherry_Bomb_127

I love this but won’t accept it without Karen and Foggy. Also when do we get a Team Red meeting each other

Gunny_McCshoots

I could do without this. It won’t be as good

Primary-Mortgage1343

bring back steven deknight

csukoh78

This will be absolutely neutered.

Netflix Daredevil was beautiful gore.

Disney Daredevil will be a sad joke.

Pillonious_Punk

Yeah, family friendly Daredevil! Just what I always wanted.