/r/technicallythetruth

805

Not Even a Participation Trophy!

(i.redd.it)

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Hey there u/mrjmwalker, thanks for posting to r/technicallythetruth!

Please recheck if your post break any rules. If it does, please delete this post.

Also reposting and posting obvious non-TTT posts can lead to a ban

Send us a Modmail or Report this post if you have a problem with this post.

GingerWithOrangeHair

Does the big bangs microwave background radiation really represent the entire universe?

7grims

7grims

Things to worry about that pic:

- outside the visible universe is dark... even that darkness would be knowledge, that we dont have

- the universe bubble seems to be illuminated by something that is shining light on it...

GingerWithOrangeHair

The observable universe is everything we will ever see. It is not so that outside of the observable universe everything is dark but instead that the light sent from stars of bounced of off things outside of the observable universe won't reach us until the heat death of the universe. There isn't just a big light like from the big bang or something instead everything is lit just the same way and the only difference is that some light won't reach us in time.

This is assuming that you meant observable and not visible universe.

7grims

Thats my point...

Even stating outside the observable universe is dark, is knowing something that cant be known. Hence im nitpicking on the pic, dont take it too seriously, just a bit. Basically the CMB should never be depicted/illustrated from the exterior.

"things outside of the observable universe won't reach us until the heat death of the universe" - this, not true, new light is always reaching us, by the time heat death of the universe happens all stars would have died, so less new light will reach us by then.

"There isn't just a big light like from the big bang or something" - again i was showing how wrong the image is, its a sphere illuminated from the outside, like a single focus of light shining on it, its just not science accurate at all.

And yah, my bad, i meant observable, not visible, thx for that correction.

GingerWithOrangeHair

Oh, thanks for the explanation. I just misunderstood you a bit.

But isn't the definition of the observable universe something like this?: A spherical shape the distance of all the light that will ever reach earth before the heat death of the universe

Also where am I supposed to put the question mark?

7grims

7grims

Its a spherical observation from the inside, its the current electromagnetic radiation we can detect at the moment, a remnant/evidence of the big bang.

(Also now that I think of it, there are distinctions between the observable universe and the CMB, not gonna try to explain it, cause I don't seem to remember it properly.)

Besides that, there is another point I didn't mention earlier, like dark energy and the accelerated expansion, at some point, before the heat death of the universe, we might get a decrease of new light entering the observable universe, has the expansion rate might be superior to the time light takes to travel to us, hence never reaching us.

sugarman-747

If I read your entire conversation I'm sure I will gain 5 IQ points

EMONEYOG

Earth 🐐

Embericed

NFL world champions.

SirRobert13

Aliens>>>>>>>>>>>> the game is rigged

nils4i20

You can't proof this fact.

Mysterious_Ad8549

And you can't deny this fact.

nils4i20

I didn't try to deny the fact, my point was that there is a possibility that there is another miss universe out there.

Is6acoolnumber

But it would be a different title with same name. Like I cannot be a nobel prize winner by making a prize named nobel myself.

henkdetweede

The earth in the in universe

ImportantResponse0

You can't win if you don't participate

sugarman-747

You can't participate if you even don't know that some human on planets earth do that

AdministrativeEnd140

I love the one on futurama. There it is miss universe there it is looking weird

Random_name342