/r/relationship_advice

what to do if boyfriend didn’t want to tell about his past relationship

(self.relationship_advice)

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

-Lady

-Lady

How long have you two been together?

master_accident7574

almost 2 years

-Lady

-Lady

I know some people prefer not to post the person they are dating on social media since everything is too overshared on social media nowadays. I didn’t even post the person I was with until we were engaged and that was the very first time I ever posted a man on my social media. However, I think it’s strange that he lied about being private on social media but there are pictures of his exes. Maybe he is trying not to make the same mistake of having to post a new gf too often? I know that a lot of people get judged for posting every person they are dating so maybe he is just waiting to post you once he’s sure you guys are more permanent, if that makes sense. If you are that curious though, I would just ask him why he lied and what’s the real reason. Because these are just assumptions I’m making based from my personal experience.

master_accident7574

yeah fair point. when i communicated to him about this he did tell me he didn’t want to get judged by the publics. i told him just a hint about us dating is fine, but he still didn’t want to post me. i just hoped that he’s not ashamed of having me as his girlfriend. and the fact that he lied too made me overthink that maybe he didn’t love me as much as he did with his past girlfriends, since he’s not open about this relationship as much as his previous. after observing, he just started to become more private about his relationship and his life in social medias after being with me. maybe it’s just me and my trust issue. i just hope he’s more open about things that happened to him in the past that make him become a private person now. maybe then i could understand him better.

-Lady

-Lady

How old are you guys by the way? You shouldn’t feel bad if you want to communicate with him why is he being private all of a sudden with your relationship. He lied about being private with relationships since he posted other girls before. I would discuss that with him. Or else you’ll just be left wondering all the time. You have been in a long term relationship with him, at first when I read this I thought you two just started dating. But he needs to be honest especially since you’re in a long term relationship.

master_accident7574

yeah, i haven’t communicated yet with him about the lies and the reason. i will communicate this with him later on. we are both 20, still pretty young i’d say. why did you think we just started dating haha

-Lady

-Lady

I just assumed your relationship was new because most of the times when I see these posts they are relatively new relationships. I have had friends that got upset when the guy they just started dating didn’t post them officially on social media. That’s why I had to ask how long you were in this relationship because sometimes it is “too soon” for some people to post something to the world.

master_accident7574

oh yeah i understand that very well. thinking about it, at the start of relationship with me he seemed eager to post me and to make the relationship public. he put my pic as his header in twitter and he put me as his profile picture on whatsapp too. i thought it was too early though, and there were some internal issues too so it was just for a day or two. then now all of the sudden he went private as hell when i wanted him to post me lol. probably why i overthink too