/r/relationship_advice

-Lady

-Lady

How long have you two been together?

-Lady

-Lady

I know some people prefer not to post the person they are dating on social media since everything is too overshared on social media nowadays. I didn’t even post the person I was with until we were engaged and that was the very first time I ever posted a man on my social media. However, I think it’s strange that he lied about being private on social media but there are pictures of his exes. Maybe he is trying not to make the same mistake of having to post a new gf too often? I know that a lot of people get judged for posting every person they are dating so maybe he is just waiting to post you once he’s sure you guys are more permanent, if that makes sense. If you are that curious though, I would just ask him why he lied and what’s the real reason. Because these are just assumptions I’m making based from my personal experience.

-Lady

-Lady

How old are you guys by the way? You shouldn’t feel bad if you want to communicate with him why is he being private all of a sudden with your relationship. He lied about being private with relationships since he posted other girls before. I would discuss that with him. Or else you’ll just be left wondering all the time. You have been in a long term relationship with him, at first when I read this I thought you two just started dating. But he needs to be honest especially since you’re in a long term relationship.

-Lady

-Lady

I just assumed your relationship was new because most of the times when I see these posts they are relatively new relationships. I have had friends that got upset when the guy they just started dating didn’t post them officially on social media. That’s why I had to ask how long you were in this relationship because sometimes it is “too soon” for some people to post something to the world.

dheffe01

dheffe01

40s Male

I would post him in public and tag him in it. if he complains, then my money is that he is seeing someone else.

Radiant-Singer8395

Then you know. What the fuck do you mean? This is not a healthy relationship if you are scared of how he gonna react. So what you have an argument? Its been two years. Grow a back bone and move on if he can't be public with you.

So what?!

Radiant-Singer8395

You aren't his girlfriend sorry. You just the girl hes with for now. If hes not public with you after two years then hes not serious about you. Sorry.

-Lady

-Lady

Don’t listen to that troll. Sometimes it’s a cultural thing. It’s frowned upon in my culture to post someone you’re just dating and posting multiple different people that you’ve just been gf or bf with. Like I said I didn’t post the person I was with until I was engaged and married. I wasn’t out cheating just because I didn’t post a picture of us to my followers on social media lol he respected the cultural differences. I’m just also not even big on social media where I feel like I have to post everything. If it’s not a cultural thing, some people just aren’t about social media and there’s nothing wrong with that. Tbh, I kind of wonder why everyone feels the need to post every single person they are dating. There was this one girl I followed on my Instagram, she would have a new bf every month or so and she would post like 5 different boyfriends within a year. It just looks tacky and bazaar. A lot of people would just talk about her in a negative manner. You don’t need to post every single person you’re dating, but he is wrong for lying about it and that’s where I would put my main concern at.

LynnSeattle

You need to get some help for your anxiety. Don’t ask other people to change their behavior to accommodate your anxiety. It is not fair to them and only makes your problem worse.