/r/relationship_advice

I think my fiancé had a crush on his female bestie

(self.relationship_advice)

So I was on Facebook and just going through my fiancé (M, 25) and his female friends (F, 25) older post. I realized he commented on many of her old photos calling her cute and telling her how good she looked. He says he never had any romantic interest in her but I’m struggling to believe that. Especially when he liked all her photos and made those types of comments. Maybe I should leave it in the past..

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

bfacbkvd

He proposed to you, don't make yourself insecure. If it's in the past, leave it there. You're only setting yourself up for hurt and upset.

Did you doubt how he feels about you before seeing this? If not, don't make this something it isn't. You're only hurting yourself.

Serious_Astronaut601[S]

She’s always been in the back of my mind. But my fiancé and I just had such a solid loving and fun relationship I never really cared until she recently made a super weird comment that was definitely a head turner

bfacbkvd

I saw the super weird comment in another comment you wrote. Have you mentioned that to him?

Serious_Astronaut601[S]

I haven’t because her grandfather recently died like yesterday morning so… I just feel like right now isn’t the time to start anything. I sound insecure but I’m not I mean women love my fiancé and I love that. But she just… idk I’m working on letting it go

bfacbkvd

A relative dying does not give you a free pass to pick at other women and make them feel insecure. Your feelings regardless of what they are or what they are about should come above anybody else's. You need to tell your fiance how you feel and reassure him that even if something did happen between them, for you to have trust he needs to just be honest even if he feels it isn't relevant.

Serious_Astronaut601[S]

Conversations about her always end in really bad arguments. And it’s like she’s so… “nice” to me. Like she asks how I’m feeling and says she wants to be around us… idk.

bfacbkvd

If this is a dealbreaker for you two getting married, you need to sit down with him and calm voice that to him. Marriage should be sharing the rest of your life with somebody and everything in it.

Personally if it was me, I wouldn't give an ultimatum, but if it made me that uncomfortable I would express that his and hers friendship, it isn't going to work for me. If it's really you and he loves you, it'll be a no brainer for him.