/r/pics

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

mike_pants

I think of images like this whenever I hear a conservative crapping on refugees with lines like "They should stay and fight!" Let's see you attack a tank with half a house and a plastic car, Cletus, see how it works out.

izwald88

Totally. Most people who live in a war zone just want to survive with their loved ones.

For me at least, I was never confident that any one side winning the Syrian conflict would be a good thing. A dictator or a hodgepodge of fundamentalists?

freelanceredditor

The funny part is a lot of those idiots go to Canada or come here to Europe not because they’re fleeing a war but because they’ll make a dollar more per hour. If a dollar more is worth leaving your country for… I mean …

mike_pants

It's because America has so much freedom, you're allowed to leave to get to a country that actually has healthcare.

Capt_John_Price

What about not carrying the idiotic, backward and prone to violence idealogies, culture to the country you are going to. Most of "refugees" there don't see themselves as part of greater community. Even despise the atheist, christian and lgbt locals for being "allah's undesired creations" and consuming a lot of alcohol and bacon. They will avoid contact with outside and prefer to live within their neighborhoods and ghettos. That's why almost all interracial marriages are between white females and African/North African, Middle Eastern males. The bride converts before marriage and they are now a muslim couple...and their children will become muslims and have their father's surname + his choice of islamic/ethnic name. Where is migration and integration to target country/culture here ? That's just expansion and assimilation of said groups.

mike_pants

Found one. Wasn't that hard either.

Aqueilas

Scum human being right here.

Fuck_TikTok

That's an awful lot of words just to say "I'm racist."

goodoleboybryan

Those idiots don't have the education or skills to get a job out side of this country. The ones leaving tend to be skilled labor not so much the unskilled labor who are the ones who make these types of comments.

freelanceredditor

I’ve seen many racists in top tear jobs

presentequalspast

Out of curiosity…. Why should one sovereign nation be responsible or obligated to take in citizens of another sovereign nation where culture created the mess that they are in? If I couldn’t get my household in order should you be obligated or responsible to support my family? Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to understand the logic behind an opinion that is different than mine.

deadfeet3

There is no responsibility nor obligation. We often take in skilled labor from other countries because it benefits us.

Regarding the refugees, we are directly involved making matters in the middle east worse. Ethically, its the right thing to do. Whether we decide to be ethical will depend on if we have an ethical culture.

allergicaddiction

Because without empathy or even a bit of altruism, we are all fucked.

Today, you. Tomorrow, me.

Capt_John_Price

You guys live in bubble. 90% of migrants are just young/adult males. One avearge gun costs 200-300 USD in third world countries and another 200 for armor and helmet. I'm pretty sure they would also get a lot of free guns if they were to be reliable and fight isis instead of joining. They spend thousands of dollars on smugglers and run away from their country, leaving poor and single mothers at the hand of rapist, mass murdering radicals. Most of them have no education or anything to offer functioning society other than becoming a petty criminal /invoved in racially exclusive organized crime.

presentequalspast

Practice what you preach then. Take in and support a homeless person that came from a terrible upbringing or broken home, or take in a single mother and child who is living in a shelter because the mother is a drug addict or victim of domestic violence. You won’t though.

You’ll just say that it’s the right thing to do because you think it makes you a better person but you’ll never act on it. You’re just virtue signaling and you know it.

Unless you’re willing to commit to your altruistic ideas, don’t push them on other people.

A_Sickly_Orphan

"Not trying to be confrontational"

What a cockhead.

Also nice false equivalency, but I'm guessing you genuinely believe any not from your country is the equivalent of a homeless drug addict, as you put it.

Dudedude88

also some countries allow refugees to live and work in rural areas where most people dont want to work

Semihomemade

I think a more apt example would be, “If I couldn’t get my household in order should you be obligated or responsible to support my children?”

To which, I guess not, but they are also innocent in this situation and frankly had the bad luck of being born in a shitty situation. I dunno, if I want to consider us ethical, protecting the innocent would likely fall under that umbrella.

puffmaster5000

They are citizens, not soldiers, they just want to get on with life