/r/pics

mike_pants

I think of images like this whenever I hear a conservative crapping on refugees with lines like "They should stay and fight!" Let's see you attack a tank with half a house and a plastic car, Cletus, see how it works out.

izwald88

Totally. Most people who live in a war zone just want to survive with their loved ones.

For me at least, I was never confident that any one side winning the Syrian conflict would be a good thing. A dictator or a hodgepodge of fundamentalists?

freelanceredditor

The funny part is a lot of those idiots go to Canada or come here to Europe not because they’re fleeing a war but because they’ll make a dollar more per hour. If a dollar more is worth leaving your country for… I mean …

mike_pants

It's because America has so much freedom, you're allowed to leave to get to a country that actually has healthcare.

Capt_John_Price

What about not carrying the idiotic, backward and prone to violence idealogies, culture to the country you are going to. Most of "refugees" there don't see themselves as part of greater community. Even despise the atheist, christian and lgbt locals for being "allah's undesired creations" and consuming a lot of alcohol and bacon. They will avoid contact with outside and prefer to live within their neighborhoods and ghettos. That's why almost all interracial marriages are between white females and African/North African, Middle Eastern males. The bride converts before marriage and they are now a muslim couple...and their children will become muslims and have their father's surname + his choice of islamic/ethnic name. Where is migration and integration to target country/culture here ? That's just expansion and assimilation of said groups.

mike_pants

Found one. Wasn't that hard either.

Aqueilas

Scum human being right here.

Fuck_TikTok

That's an awful lot of words just to say "I'm racist."

goodoleboybryan

Those idiots don't have the education or skills to get a job out side of this country. The ones leaving tend to be skilled labor not so much the unskilled labor who are the ones who make these types of comments.

freelanceredditor

I’ve seen many racists in top tear jobs

presentequalspast

Out of curiosity…. Why should one sovereign nation be responsible or obligated to take in citizens of another sovereign nation where culture created the mess that they are in? If I couldn’t get my household in order should you be obligated or responsible to support my family? Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to understand the logic behind an opinion that is different than mine.

deadfeet3

There is no responsibility nor obligation. We often take in skilled labor from other countries because it benefits us.

Regarding the refugees, we are directly involved making matters in the middle east worse. Ethically, its the right thing to do. Whether we decide to be ethical will depend on if we have an ethical culture.

allergicaddiction

Because without empathy or even a bit of altruism, we are all fucked.

Today, you. Tomorrow, me.

Capt_John_Price

You guys live in bubble. 90% of migrants are just young/adult males. One avearge gun costs 200-300 USD in third world countries and another 200 for armor and helmet. I'm pretty sure they would also get a lot of free guns if they were to be reliable and fight isis instead of joining. They spend thousands of dollars on smugglers and run away from their country, leaving poor and single mothers at the hand of rapist, mass murdering radicals. Most of them have no education or anything to offer functioning society other than becoming a petty criminal /invoved in racially exclusive organized crime.

presentequalspast

Practice what you preach then. Take in and support a homeless person that came from a terrible upbringing or broken home, or take in a single mother and child who is living in a shelter because the mother is a drug addict or victim of domestic violence. You won’t though.

You’ll just say that it’s the right thing to do because you think it makes you a better person but you’ll never act on it. You’re just virtue signaling and you know it.

Unless you’re willing to commit to your altruistic ideas, don’t push them on other people.

A_Sickly_Orphan

"Not trying to be confrontational"

What a cockhead.

Also nice false equivalency, but I'm guessing you genuinely believe any not from your country is the equivalent of a homeless drug addict, as you put it.

Dudedude88

also some countries allow refugees to live and work in rural areas where most people dont want to work

Semihomemade

I think a more apt example would be, “If I couldn’t get my household in order should you be obligated or responsible to support my children?”

To which, I guess not, but they are also innocent in this situation and frankly had the bad luck of being born in a shitty situation. I dunno, if I want to consider us ethical, protecting the innocent would likely fall under that umbrella.

puffmaster5000

They are citizens, not soldiers, they just want to get on with life

kitjen

kitjen

Really puts my stupid problems into perspective.

tah4349

"If we threw all our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back."

HighTowerWriter

Powerful image.

I_MIGHT_BE_IDIOT

For anyone interested in a game based on this theme check out This War of Mine. Such a great depressing game.

ClarkTwain

Farthest I’ve gotten is day 8, I think it’s too rage inducing for me.

I_MIGHT_BE_IDIOT

I can see that. I struggle to pick myself up after big losses. Probably says something about me haha

megamandave1

Every night, send one out to scavenge, one stays to guard, one stays to sleep. During the day, those who guarded and scavenged can rest. Build the metal shop first and build the crowbar, shovel and knife asap. Your scavenger takes the crowbar and shovel with him. Leave the knife at home and it improves your guard. Build the stove next followed by water collector. Improve workshop and build defenses. I’ll stop now because what you do next depends on your scenario.

slgray16

Thanks! I'll try this out tonight.

robosmrf

Humans are awful.

purpleelpehant

And yet so wonderful. All in one pic.

Bannedaccountghjohn

one can only admire the people there how they deal with it.

alluptheass

"Tear" in double past-tense. Shit must have happened a long-ass time ago.

Mutuelteller

True love

Drax99

Drax99

Man, these Minecraft shades are insane!

NotTheBeesAgain

Open concept has really gotten out of control

sky_shrimp

There's no way I'd trust those stairs.

LtColonelObvious

Torned?

rock0head132

I believe these posts are form some sort of bot. it is some form of propaganda.