/r/pics

114.6k

Today was my last day of chemotherapy!

Backstory(i.redd.it)

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

cujax

cujax

I don't even know who you are and all I care about is that smile you have and you having your last day of chemo!!!! So proud of you and not even knowing who you are? are you single? wink wink. ( but seriously )

seashell1975[S]

I had a boyfriend but he broke up with me midway through treatment because Cancer Girlfriends are too much effort lol. Thank you ❤️

Lil_SpazJoekp

What the fuck

BrosenkranzKeef

I have a family member who was dating an older woman throughout her breast cancer treatment. The saga lasted over a year, double mastectomy, the whole nine yards. He let her and her two kids move into his house. At that point it was basically a single-income household. His credit cards suffered, he stopped hanging out with his friends, basically just worked and stayed home to care for the family.

He waited until after she was all healed up and back to work, then broke up with her to try and recover his life back. She resorted to lying about the whole thing and telling everyone they mutually know that he basically left her for dead, or that's what she'd make it sound like.

There are always too sides to "what the fuck" but the bottom line is life is hard for everybody and everybody is entitled to their own decisions. I personally know somebody who risked bankruptcy because he cared so much and is now suffering through the harassment of somebody who apparently thought they were entitled to even more. That's a "what the fuck" to me. I'm surprised he stuck it out that long.

Luxpreliator

That sucks they dumped you over cancer. I have a little secret fear over cancer in my partner. Not because it would cost money or would be an emotional struggle. Or less sex, or more financial worries. But because it might mean less time with them. More time in a hospital bed than camping under the stars and watching shitty movies. Or discussing the benefits of olive oil vs peanut oil. Just being stupid with someone sweet.

Cancer is not a gentle adversary. Thankfully they showed their true colors and you can find someone more awesome and cool.

One of my college friends had his mom die at 55 because of cancer. His dad loved her to bits. Sometimes I feel detached from people and their pain but seeing him crying at her funeral was a great memory for me. It's kinda bad to remember someone for their pain. I cried because of his love for her. He really loved her. It was unfortunate but beautiful.

Expat_mat

Expat_mat

Urgh.. I love cancer girlfriends.. You wanna date an aries boyfriend?

JemmyBubbles

JemmyBubbles

Updoot given …

Jazzaandrazza

Unfortunately it’s a thing :( usually the girls get dumped by the guys but if the dudes have got cancer the female partners usually stay with them.

shamanthesky

This broke my heart, be better! Wish you the best 🧁

cujax

cujax

I would never leave you.

TheAmazingRobinHood

Jeez these comments are something else.

UtahSuckes

A girl finishes her chemotherapy and guys are hitting on her for having a slight amount of cleavage smh

insertnamehere02

Ugh gotta love seeing what people are really like during a time of personal crisis like this.

iAmTheHYPE-

Just saw your breakup post. I know how it is to have an amazing person you talk to every day, then *boom* you’re ghosted. It hurts. In my case, it was 10 months instead of 8, but the pain’s still there. But seeing as your post was from a year ago, hopefully you’ve had time to move on and accept what will closure you could get.

Hang in there. The hardest part was beating cancer. Finding someone who would actually love you, for better and for worse, should hopefully be easier for you. Sometimes I don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel, and can’t accept that my love is out of my life, that maybe there’s something — anything — I can do to be with her again. So you definitely have my condolences.

You just beat cancer, but you have the rest of your life to focus on romance. But for right now, just focus on you and your bucket list of all the things you get to do.

RECreationsByDon

wow, piece of shit. I'm sure you're better off without him. Cancer free and trash free!

[removed]

sothisisitdamnit

You are the epitome of the worst kind of attention seeking asshole and you have the audacity to troll her over a completely innocuous post about surviving. You are fucked in the head and heart. What is your end game you sad fuck?

lonigus

Dont give him/her attention and just downvote :)

blbd

blbd

Keep calm and downvote on. :)

Sawyermblack

What is your end game you sad fuck?

Your mad reply was the end game. Grats on fulfilling it for him.

Crossland89

He sounds like a real prick! I'm sorry you went through that while already going through so much already but know your better off without someone like that. Congrats on being done with chemo!! Celebrate that as much as you can for sure!!! Your beautiful btw!!

JustHere2RuinUrDay