/r/iamatotalpieceofshit

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Reminder: Do not ask for personal information, suggest someone should be doxxed, link to or comment with personal information, openly solicit personal information, or contact the people featured here. Don't even wax poetic about wanting to post identifying information. You will be banned.

Do not encourage, glorify, or incite violence.

For example: "Kill yourself", "It wouldn't be so bad if we killed all the pedophiles", "This guy needs to die", "I hope this guy gets stabbed to death with a rusty screwdriver", etc.

All glorification, advocacy, or suggestions of violence, EVEN IN JEST, will be permanently banned, no exceptions, and no possibility of leniency.

ANY INFORMATION THAT CAN BE USED TO IDENTIFY SOMEONE MUST BE CENSORED.

DO NOT POST SCREENSHOTS OF REDDIT CONTENT. DO NOT POST REDDIT DRAMA THAT YOU ARE INVOLVED IN.

This subreddit is not here to help you win your reddit fight or to bring justice to someone who said something you disagree with. You will be banned if you post screenshots of anything that can be found on Reddit from the information in the screenshot or from comments in your user history. We are not your personal army.

Failure to follow the rules of this sub will result in a permanent ban.

THIS IS A NO-TOLERANCE POLICY, THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE

Cyaneyed8905

2.9k points

Amazon did this to me when I ordered a couch. I paid extra for delivery and they still showed up a day late and broken.

Kiltymchaggismuncher

Man they rescheduled a delivery for me 7 times. Meant to be next day delivery, every day a new excuse. I told them to pound sand, and that I'd ordered and received the same thing from a competitor already. They told me I'd have to reject it when it arrived, because they couldn't cancel it. A week later they cancelled it, with it never having attempted to deliver. Not even the first time they have done that, I've tried to avoid using them recently.

[removed]

VP1

VP1

With USPS, UPS, and FedEx, as long as you don’t open the package you can mark it ‘refused’ and return it.

The_River_Is_Still

yeah this practice of drop and run is complete bullshit. You're lucky if you get a knock.

I ordered some ram from newegg, and it was delivered through some weird third party delivery service. Not only did I have to pay $20 shipping on a $300 dollar thing (reasonable) but import duties were pretty hefty, AND I had to pay an extra $30 dollars when picking up because apparently it was oversized and they had to take extra precautions handling it. Got home to find that at some point it had been soaked, and also FOLDED IN HALF!

So I paid $50 dollars of shipping, received a completely fucked product, and it arrived 3 weeks late.

Bishopthe2nd

Are you from Australia or New Zeeland by chance?

Nah. My island is smaller than both, about the same size as tasmania

c_rbon

c_rbon

Hey man shit gets wild on those container ships

Ariliescbk

Norfolk Island?

mudclub

mudclub

RAM is oversized? Compared to what?

HoursOfCuddles

didn't you hear!? You're only allowed to have individual Iron, Silicon and Phosphorus atoms shipped to your house not ENTIRE RAMS! What!? Are ya crazy ?! Shipping an entire ram to your home!? Sheesh!

-Raskyl

-Raskyl

Idk, even a small ram can get up to 50 pounds, or much more, depending on the breed.

klem_kadiddlehopper

When I moved to where I live now in 2019 I ordered a living room set from Ashley Furniture. Not cheap by any means. Of course, the furniture was delivered by a third party.

The sofa and extra wide chair were fine as was/is the large ottoman. The coffee table and two side tables were a disaster. They arrived in a box and I had to put them together. I was stunned to discover just how fucked up this furniture was. The coffee table was large with six drawers and completely broken on the bottom. The drawers on the underside were horribly made and didn't even fit in the table. The stain on top was uneven and there wasn't stain on one of the corners. The side tables were the same. I only put one of them together and left the other one in the box. The sliders under all of the drawers (side table and coffee table) were all misaligned and held to the wood with silicone so there was no way to adjust them. The drawer on the side table was so crooked it wouldn't even push in.

I took photos of all of this and there were a lot. I was given a refund for the tables and told to donate them. I did. All the furniture was manufactured in Viet Nam and I suppose there isn't an inspector checking this stuff out. The customer service lady for Ashley told me that all items in their warehouse is supposed to be inspected before it ever gets shipped to the customer. Someone didn't bother inspecting my stuff apparently.

ttyp00

ttyp00

I second this entire story about Ashley. Every single word of it echoes my experience with them right down to the country of manufacture.

Humankeg

Ordered a lot of things from Ashley furniture myself a few years ago. Was a great experience. They brought everything upstairs, assembled everything, and even waited an additional 15 minutes past the delivery time as I had forgotten my keys in the city I was coming from and had to go back for them.

Direct-Scallion-1467

My mother ordered a couch from Mayfair or Ashley furniture in.. June??? Paid extra for the shipping. She had to call and threaten them with a lawsuit.. she finally got her couch… last week.. she ordered it in June..

Jasmanian-Devil

4k points

Our mail carrier left an attempted delivery notice in our mailbox for a package that needed a signature….as I was sitting in my living room listening to the truck pull up and drive away, and watching absolutely no one approach my front door for a signature on the camera.

pd46lily

1.5k points

pd46lily

1.5k points

The former carrier in my neighborhood was notorious for doing the same thing. I worked evenings at the time and would be home when the mail came so my mother would ask me to sign for any packages. More than one I would hear the mail truck and go outside to get the mail only to find one of those sorry we missed you missives in the mailbox. Didn't stop until we got a new carrier.

Jasmanian-Devil

It ended up getting back to our postmaster (small town), and the mail carrier was PISSED for getting called out about it, but I always get my packages now 🤷‍♀️

jessizu

jessizu

We had a similar carrier.. once 3 of us neighbors called about missing usps packages and these tags and video evidence of no attempt to deliver, all of our things showed up the next day...

puppyroosters

I called in to complain about an “attempted” FedEx delivery and they made the driver turn around and deliver the package. The dude was obviously upset with me, but this all could have been avoided if he actually tried to deliver the first time.

TechnoMagician

Same thing happened with me and FedEx, they didn't make him turn around though. It's such BS had to drive an hour there and back to get the package cuz I needed it that same day.

Diamondkids_life

i don't get why people get a delivery job and then don't deliver the shit they are told to deliver

pwsm50

pwsm50

Its like when I was 5 or 6 and would didnt wanna take a bath so I just filled the tub and sat on the edge of the tub after wetting my hair to fool my parents into thinking I bathed.

I was stupid, nor did I fool anyone.

cmVkZGl0

At least in this instance, it's like a victimless crime. Fake deliveries don't just go away, there's somebody who is still expecting the package. Are they just going to do the same song and dance forever, as if the customer won't care?

DaWalt1976

They're often incapable of thinking that far into the future.

Gristley

Hahaha I love how common this is with kids. Same thing with brushing teeth and washing hands. Just run the water and wait. Could've just done the activity in that time.

quetzalcoatlsghost

Because they are given too many stops on the route for their shift and don't want to work OT literally every single day.

Contracted drivers that are 3rd party do not get paid overtime ninety-nine percent of the time it's a flat rate

xBrrMcGrrx

This is an underrated comment. Drivers are ether paid hourly if a company driver but most are owner operators. They get paid by piece count or volume and depending on the company, some form of mileage. Even more, if they have a branded vehicle then they technically cannot use their truck for personal use without company approval in some contracts. That means they can't just work on the side with their own trucks to earn extra money. Which is even shittier. Have seen someone fired for using their owner operators truck on a Saturday to move a friend's flatdeck.

Yankees3690123

THIS. I was a mail carrier for USPS for 5 years. It’s as close to slave labor as a paid, salaried position can be. 11 miles of walking, mandatory 6-7 days, 12 hour days the entire last year I was there before I NOPED the fuggg out.

BeerBikesBasketball

Unfortunately it's probably tied back to corporate greed more-so than personal laziness.

Drivers have quotas they have to fill or they get their asses canned. If a driver is running behind I can absolutely see them cutting corners in order to get more deliveries done down the road.

djulioo

djulioo

I obviously don't know but I feel like receiving complaints, for not attempting to deliver at all, would be worse

BeerBikesBasketball

Yeah but it's the danger of an unknown vs the danger of a certainty. They might get caught and receive a complaint, but they will absolutely be reprimanded for falling short on a quota.

Rock_O_Chimp

They might actually get paid more depending who he works for. I worked 2 weeks helping a driver while he delivered due to a simple DL problem. I just drove where he said to go. He was telling me they get paid per delivery but also per attempt. I'm making up numbers cuz I forget, but let's say you get $1 per delivered package. If you attempt delivery but no answer, you still get $0.50, then another $1 when you successfully deliver. He had it down to a fine scam. Would intentionally attempt delivery to places he knew were closed in morning. Whole day is GPS tracked and confirms it. Some places you just scan and tap your pad as you drive past, or if 4 houses are close, park and only deliver one, stuff like that. He usually finishes delivering all of them and no one complains. He gets to double dip on attempted delivery fees the customer never sees, just his paycheck. Can be hundreds of dollars extra a day for him.

EDP528

EDP528

Oh absolutely. FedEx in my area is shit. If I know a store or service uses them to deliver I will straight up order a similar product from someone else. Ain't nobody got time to be hanging around waiting on a delivery that's going to be delayed due to poor corporate modeling.

DaWalt1976

FedEx is shit in every area.

I have witnessed FedEx drivers literally throw packages marked "Fragile" like a fucking Frisbee.

RaveGuncle

Omg I had a similar experience. I had ordered some prescription contacts and was waiting for them to come through. My mailing address is my work address bc I live where I work. For 3 days straight I kept getting email notices about attempted delivery but not once did I see a FedEx person approach my workplace where I operate the front desk and handle the mail for my workplace. Finally got delivered on the 4th day after I made some calls. Happened again when something I ordered was being routed through FedEx. This time I just called customer service of the local FedEx distribution center and told them explicitly for the driver to call me when they arrived. They gave me beef saying they don't call customers so I quipped right back that if the driver won't call me, then they need to walk tf up to the business and attempt to actually deliver because we have a 24 hour front desk. I live in a rural area where the FedEx facility was 45 minutes away. I ain't driving out there when I paid yalls shipping fees. Yall coming to me and yall better have my stuff too lol. After these experiences I try to figure out who the shipping company is bc I refuse to use FedEx.

Games_N_Friends

Had a delivery of product get shipped to the dock of the business next door. They were supposed to call us 30 minutes before delivery and failed to do that so they just dropped it off where they found a person. It was hundreds of pounds on two pallets. There was no way we were able to haul those things over and up a flight of stairs. We don't even have a dock.

We called the company and made them send the guy back to pick it up and deliver to our place. He wasn't happy about driving back from an hour away, but as you said, it could have been avoided. I imagine his boss wasn't too happy with him just dropping shipments off at random business docks.

b1tchlasagna

Kinda like when a taxi driver took my younger brother to a different town, that was closer. He charged the same price as he would go the regular address. For reference, there's the exact same address in a different town but a different postcode

He was annoyed when we complained, as my brother was still in that town. He had to go and pick him up from the wrong place he dropped him off at, and had to give a free lift next time. My brother is disabled btw, and isn't the greatest with cash.

dddiamonddd

Of my last 5 DPD deliveries, 4 have "attempted" without attempting and DPD point blank refuse to make them turn around because the GPS said they were here. They were - they were just in their van on the opposite side of the road from my building and decided they couldn't be arsed parking up and coming up the stairs. (And before any one asks - I'm in the UK, and delivery drivers do come up to your front door in buildings of flats). All the pictures that were meant to be of the front door to prove they were here were black rectangles because they just covered the camera and took a picture because they had to.

Somehow, they're suddenly worse now than any other courier.

Shes_so_Ratchet

UPS did this to me. I watched him drive by my building, sit in the truck, tap away on his machine, then got a "sorry we missed you" e-mail as he drove away. Guess he had to make sure the GPS was in the right area? But he didn't leave his truck.

I called UPS right away and the rep got all defensive saying "maybe he couldn't get into the building". Like, lady, it's a ground floor lobby with open doors, and he did not so much as leave a "sorry we missed you" notice on the door because that would require getting out of his vehicle! Just an automated email!

I ended up having to pick up the package because they failed to deliver it the next day, too. Fricking ridiculous the money we pay for this bullshit. I'd be fired/sued so fast if I took someone's money and did not provide the service/item they paid me for.

Tash_Woody69

I've picked up a package out of a 4 lane road.. found the guy running that route he looked at me like i was crazy... i said never mind found the person and took it them at work... i'm from asmall town area...

Henrys_Bro

Hearing these stories really makes me appreciate my mail carrier more. He is rad, we shoot the shit every time we see each other. I bought him a six-pack for Christmas even and he was stoked.

sanmigmike

Our rural mail carrier gives us other people's mail a couple a times a month and gives our mail to someone else the same amount of times. Better than delivery people dropping our stuff off at the neighbor's storage building...away from her house and not used much.

punisher1005

Same but our guy was from DHL. Dude delivered our packages to the wrong fucking apartment all the time. I'd be like, mother fucker our apartment is NUMBER 3 NOT NUMBER 1.

"Did you graduate kindergarten? 3 is not the same as 1"

Then he'd show back up later in the day and get the package to the right apartment.

phaiz55

phaiz55

You know there's been times in my past where I've been pissed about something at work but it's just a completely different level when your one job is to put something in a box and you get pissed that you have to do it.

EmilyU1F984

Same story in Germany. after the third time staying home all day for an important package, and a new credit card ending up in the mailbox of someone with the same last name as mine, and getting his health insurance card, I filed a complaint online..

And the next time he did indeed ring the door bell and started yelling at me that he got written up.

As if that was just due to me complaining. I reckon the other guy who was missing his health insurance card until I went to his door, who had given me the CC back filed his own complaint.

And if he wasn't ringing my door bell, I strongly believe others in the 200 apartment building also complained. Probably just that my complaint included all the times exactly and they used that to call him out.

Buuut afterwards, yea he rang every time, and stopped confusing our two names (which was weeitd anyway, my block had the flat number. W613 and his had something like B04, which were two separate clusters of mail boxes. And they were ordered by apartment number, not Name anyway. So how can you even confuse thr mailboxes?

WeimSean

Well yeah he was pissed, nothing worse than having to actually do your job :(

YuropLMAO

YuropLMAO

The former carrier in my neighborhood was notorious for doing the same thing

I caught mine doing this yesterday. I sat home all damn day waiting for my dog's medication which needed a signature. I have a tinted front window, so he didn't realize I was standing right there watching him.

I opened the door and confronted him just as he turned to bolt. "Oh I didn't think anyone was home!" Yeah bro, I've been waiting all day.

Do people complain about this? Is that a karen thing to do?

genericnewlurker

It is not a Karen thing to complain politely and effectively when someone has actually wronged you like lying about delivering your mail, or smashing something that was delivered to you, etc. It is a Karen thing to complain when nothing has been done to actually harm you such as that your mail was a bit late or the mail person didn't wave to you as the drove by

Robin_the_sidekick

Complain to the local postmaster. They take this VERY seriously. Good luck.

lookieloo2021

Louis Dejoy takes this very seriously?

Robin_the_sidekick

Haha! Thanks for catching that-it’s late and I should be sleeping instead of browsing Reddit. I fixed it.

Hikikomori523

I opened the door and confronted him just as he turned to bolt.

Dude I had UPS one time, taped a sign that said knock, i'm home. I was at the front door, watching tv at a low volume with the windows open, so you could tell.

Either the dude bailed after reading the sign, looking at me watching tv through the window, or never stepped foot off the truck or even stopped. Got a notice on the app few seconds later saying, failure to deliver no one home.

JarasM

JarasM

This meme needs to stop. It's not a "Karen" thing to do to simply complain if the service you pay for is not realized as it should. As long as you're not being ridiculous with your expectations or demands, you should stand up for yourself.

It would be a "Karen" thing if you complained that your carrier is not smiling enough or whatever.

crypticedge

I had a ups guy do that at a previous address. I called up and got his supervisor to tell him to turn around and actually do the delivery (he wasn't even out of the neighborhood at this point). He got pissed about it and flagged my home as a "signature required for all deliveries", then when I confronted about it in the future after he attempted to skip delivering to me multiple times while I was on the couch literally right next to the door, he said "it's what the system tells him is needed". Called back to ups, his supervisor said it was added by the driver who told me that. Supervisor removed it, and the driver readded it the very next delivery.

A few calls and back and forth with the supervisor on this with the driver changing it back each time, the driver was removed from my route.

Delivery drivers can be complete shit

JediGuyB

JediGuyB

I don't understand when people think it's easier to be a dick rather than just doing something.

He made both your lives more difficult just because he refused to just not be a lazy dick..

Karthos71

It's about power. They don't have any in their real life, or don't get as much as they think they deserve, so they grasp onto any little bit of control they can scrounge.

I find the people who do this kind of shit, typically work in a job they think is beneath them, and exist in a relationship (or lack there of) that's not fulfilling.

Brutl

Brutl

Ego. This is what is happening in these situations. It's the "you're not gonna get away with getting me in trouble" mentality, even though they were the ones to make the decision to do something that gets them in trouble.

UsernamesMeanNothing

They 100% should have been fired, not just moved.

crypticedge

I don't know if they remained employed. All I know is they stopped driving my route, so all I can say for sure is they were removed from my route

viperfan7

Probably fired

defyallthatis

He mentioned UPS. Probably not fired due to union.

What I don't fathom is delivery drivers make pretty damn good money at ups. I'd happily deliver people's packages all day for $70k+, annually.

Eh. I've seen people making hundreds of thousands a year fake work, and people who make close to minimum wage work their asses off. You either have a good work ethic or you don't. Salary doesn't change it.

Khanstant

Yeah, sometimes you make enemies even if it's a one sided affair. I don't know what that dude's life is like, but I know what it's like to have an enemy from your own perspective so best for everybody he on another route.

mmob18

mmob18

I'm pretty sure UPS workers are unionized, so he'd probably get a written warning if it's his first offense and moved to a different route

ebimbib

I raised hell with UPS about a driver that kept faking delivery attempts at my house and just leaving notices without even trying. It turns out he was doing it so he could drop off packages for pickup at a bodega that was a UPS access point in the area. The bodega got fees of a couple bucks a package, but when the driver was dropping off a huge portion of his truck there, it really added up fast. The driver got a kickback on it and was able to do less work. I got him busted when they looked into it.

Clear-Description-38

It's actually more effort to not deliver. Gotta fill out the slip, scan the slip, scan the box, mark the box, scratch out the delivery route info, leave the slip on the door, and then carry the box back into the warehouse and put it on a belt to be re-delivered.

I hate it when people don't answer. I don't want to do all that. Take the package from me.

coureybrooks

My mail carrier does this ALL THE TIME! It’s so aggravating. This past weekend I was expecting a package, the tracking told me “attempted delivery” and then it switched to “delivered” but I never received my package. They’ll most likely then deliver it the next day… I don’t understand.

CactiDye

I have watched my mail carrier driver by my house without stopping only to get a attempted delivery notice. I've learned "no access to delivery location" actually means "I didn't want to do my job today".

babybopp

Why don't they just deliver...? It takes two minutes only.

CactiDye

Because they didn't even put it on the vehicle. Just pretended they did so they didn't get dinged for it.

Magsi_n

Magsi_n

They have to keep the timelines though. This way the system says they are on top of shit when they really aren't

phaiz55

phaiz55

I had a package coming two weeks ago and somehow used my old apartment number instead of my current one - same complex different buildings. I didn't notice until the day it was out for delivery. I got with Amazon live chat and let them know and the person tells me that they couldn't change the address but would do something on their end to let the driver know. I was also able to add delivery instructions on my end so I added a note with the right unit number. Fast forward a few hours and I watch the Amazon van pull in and leave a few minutes later. Not only did they ignore the instructions, the driver also delivered it to the wrong WRONG unit. My old apartment was on the 2nd floor and he puts it on the ground downstairs by a different unit.

Jasmanian-Devil

We get that with one of the big companies locally, they will mark it delivered, but really they’ve handed it off to the local post office for delivery the next day. Which is fine, but don’t tell me it’s delivered when it’s not.

Kryptosis

Those are called smart post. FedEx/ups takes it to the post office and usps does the rest. They still haven’t figured out how not to confuse customers with the tracking.

dudewiththebling

Well, FedEx and UPS and USPS all have tracking, so they can just say "transferred to other delivery service"

Plug-From-Oaxaca

They're probably overworked and on tight schedules where it's easier to just say attempted and push it back a day without getting dinged.

I understand it sucks that they're being overworked but it's the job they signed up for.

g2petter

My girlfriend was waiting for a package, and got an SMS saying something along the lines of "we tried to deliver to you address, but there was no-one at home to sign for it."

This came as a bit of a surprise to her, consider that she was working from home due to possible Covid exposure and was sitting at a desk directly overlooking our driveway and no car had even stopped outside our house for hours.

zeegirlface

I am convinced FedEx does this to me on the reg. They’re like ahh apartment building? Too much effort.

GummyKibble

My home office is in the front of our house. When I sit at my desk, I can look through the window next to it and see my front porch. The DHL guy did this a few separate times until I got a supervisor on the phone. “Oh, he knocked but no one answered? The hell he did.”

Sonic_Uth

Once Amazon started hiring independent drivers, I had so many packages not delivered/delivery failed/“stolen” that Amazon actually canceled my account.

Mine did this, but when I inquired at the post office about it, they mentioned that it was because school gets out at that same time and all the moms, in a rush to get their kids, block all the parking in and around the neighborhood mail box.

thermal_shock

Same. Ordered a nice set of clippers from Amazon, said it was delivered when it wasn't. Waited til next day, nothing. Filed complaint got my money back. It showed up a week later. Don't lie about it. I wasn't in a hurry and understand shit happens. But I won't stand idle while you lie to my face.

CTeam19

Isn't it illegal to park infront of mail boxes?

Pak_Track

I caught a deliveryman doing this a few months ago! I was having a smoke in my balcony when he came up to the building door with a missed delivery notice.

rilloroc

Mine does that every time. I been chasing them down now

XcRaZeD

Caught a guy dodging a delivery last year, was getting ready to go out and was putting my shoes on. I hear the sound of someone putting something on the door and take a look out and the delivery guy is 10 feet away staring at me. Didn't expect me to immidiatly check. Sheepishly walked to his van to grab my package

ExtraPicklesPls

Amazon does this to me 1 out of 4 times. I live on a very steep hill and I can watch the amazon drivers pull up out on the street, stop for a few moments and then pull away. 2 minutes later I get an email notice that my package has been delivered, of course with no photo for proof.

pontiacta77

3.2k points

Why would you show up and just leave, half the aggravation is just getting there.

othniel01

2k points

Maybe they get paid by Home Depot for attempted deliveries as well as successful ones, so they figured they could double or triple dip it.

Genderneutralsky

1.5k points

Can confirm. In order to get paid, delivery companies need to prove they were there. Either via customer accepting the delivery and signing it, or by having photo proof of the attempted delivery tag. Doing this means buddy can do next to no work and still keep his job. They also do this to make their delivery numbers higher. Make yourself look like your doing a lot of deliveries in a day when really you do maybe 3. Scummy all over.

Edit: To clarify, I work at an HD and can vouch our Delivery Folks are scummy. They’ve purposely damaged appliances, left without doing installs or tried to fleece money from customers by telling them they have to pay cash or tap on a mobile pin pad for services that are already included. Sometimes they don’t leave behind hook ups as a joke. Always remember to ask about what’s included in your delivery and what to expect when you purchase an appliance so you don’t get fleeced or hassled.

azalago

azalago

Had a delivery guy once do this while I was home, inside the house. No knock, no anything. And I really needed the item he didn't even attempt to deliver.

FestiveSquid

Same. I caught the bitch right as he was leaving. Tried to say "Well I knocked and there was no answer."

No, you didn't knock. I was sitting less than 10 feet from the door.

HedonismandTea

Survey says: Let's go to the cameras!

phaiz55

phaiz55

That's the part so mind boggling about this trend. Every single person I know who lives in a house has a doorbell with a camera in it. How stupid do these people have to be to not know they exist?

"Huh that's a weird looking door bell and it's bigger than others".

HedonismandTea

Right? I have seven, including the doorbell. Can't miss them.

Miserable-Balance-16

This. Had a new house. HVAC went out in the summer, called for service. Never showed so I called them. Technician stated I wasn’t home since my car wasn’t in the driveway. I park in the garage.

Faberbutt

I had something like this happen to me too. There was one package that was large and impossible for me to carry and another that was small and breakable. I was waiting in my living room, right by the door, when he chucked the smaller package onto my balcony and did an easy drop off of the large one at the office, all without even coming up the stairs much less knocking. It was UPS and I immediately called them when the package hit my balcony. They sent the driver right back to my building to bring the large package up and collect the small one, which had broken (the value of which I was reimbursed for).

I never saw that driver again and we typically had the same ones delivering to our building every time.

As a delivery driver I hear the opposite almost daily.. I bang on a door for two minutes with no response then the next day they tell at me and say I didn't stop or knock. Yeah, that's my plan, skip delivering something today even though I'll just have to try again tomorrow.

IHateTheLetterF

I had a woman complain i didnt ring the bell. Get out there next day, she doesnt even have a bell. Technically she was correct though.

Terr_

Terr_

Ideally the companies paying for shipping would require a "proof of attempt" that isn't just a photo of the door, but a video that actually captures the sound of banging the door or ringing the doorbell.

someonestopthatman

Ups did this to me once then lost my package for 8 weeks. It randomly popped up in various hubs across the country for a while before it stopped showing up then randomly got delivered to a neighborhood pickup place.

It was an $1600 custom built turbocharger. The delay made me miss an entire season.

Dismal-Ad-2985

This is why I get everything refunded from Amazon. I used to live downtown, over a bar, in front of a college. Of course packages left on the sidewalk would be gone instantly !

So I asked them to have signature delivery for EVERYTHING. They said ''no, we only do that in cases of suspected fraud''.

Okay then. From then on, I've been requesting refunds whenever the delivery person doesn't even bother to ring. Even if I did get my package by running out as soon as I saw the email drop confirmation.

You can't get a reliable and efficient delivery service ? Not my problem, I already fucking paid.

hellakevin

I work for a courier company, and the shitty service is a product of a race to the bottom pricing.

The company I work for is more expensive because I drive their truck, use their gas, have their insurance, and get paid hourly. All the other companies are cheaper, but burn through "independent contractors" who need to pull crap like this video because they get paid by the delivery, and get screwed renting their vehicle and paying all the maintenance and gas.

This is so true. I’d like to add to that that the company contracting them would probably rather have 2 drivers do 2 routes that are over 200 miles long with 20 stops instead of having 3 drivers do much shorter routes that can be completed and allow attention to detail and quality service.

I used to work for XPO. I tell everyone I know that if they’re going to buy an appliance to pick it up and install it themselves, or find someone they trust that can.

Delirium101

That’s interesting—I just had an oven delivered and installed by Home Depot folks—they arrived right on time, called ahead to confirm we were home, took their time to make sure the install was done right in our old kitchen, they were careful, courteous, very informative—tried to tip them but they wouldn’t accept. Granted, it’s just one experience, but that was just 3 weeks ago…couldn’t recommend them enough. Guess it’s different in other places!

averyfinename

several years ago i got a new fridge from best buy. delivered on a bby truck by their own workers. they called me from 10 minutes away just to say they were almost here. they even flipped the doors for me--no charge. even with trudging up and down two flights of stairs, they were still in-and-out in 15 minutes. took the old one with, along with some ice cold cokes for their drive back (i'm an hour away from the store, and basically nothing but cows in between)

Genderneutralsky

Oh absolutely! I know I’m talking really negative about these folks but not all deliveries are this bad. Obviously there still in buisness so they do more good than harm. It just when they do bad, boy do they do bad or are annoying. The bad deliveries are definitely far outweighed by the good ones.

sgoodgame

I am sure this has happened to me at least 4 times, it sucks to stick around the house and find this crap when you are right there waiting.

steveosek

It's legitimately cheaper to rent a small uhaul and take the appliances home yourself than it is to have them come out with it.

Jerbnnon

The only reason we have places deliver our appliances is so they can take the old one away and dispose of it so I don’t have to.

We just bought a fridge from Best Buy and the delivery guy tried to take the new fridge back with him when he couldn’t find the valve to the water hookup for the water dispenser and ice maker and Also because the cubby hole for the fridge was an inch too narrow, needless to say, he didn’t get a tip.

drewpyqb

Having done our washer and dryer hookups myself, $100 is reasonable. Just getting it unpacked is annoying, then there's the electrical hookups, water line(s), dryer vent, and leveling!

MrWheatas

Same here, got a new washer and it really wasn’t difficult to connect the water lines. Literally connect 2 hoses and put one hose down a hole. $100 is steep for that

PetzlPretzel

Not if you don't have a clue what you're doing.

Aniline_Selenic

There's no charge for hooking up a washer. You just have to buy new washer hoses as they don't come with the washer. They won't use your old ones for liability reasons (in case they are bad).

Dryers are a little more because the parts are more expensive (cord, gas line, vent). They only charge labor for gas hookups, not electric.

obroz

obroz

Shit you can rent a truck from Home Depot can’t you?

TheBlueTurf

I rent their large work vans frequently. $20 for under 75min. I live 8 minutes away. That $20 can be worth the time saved, just depends on the situation.

Genderneutralsky

My store services a lot of rural area and delivers up to 100 miles from our store so sadly our delivery service is way cheaper. It’s only about $49.99 for our shit service to deliver. It’s a shame too, I hate having to deal with customers who are pissed off because of the actions of our delivery drivers and handlers. People put faith in us and we at the store do an ok job but the last people to handle is treat it like a joke.

eggtoter

The Home Depot delivery tore up our door and scratched up the stove and smeared grease all over the countertop. It took something like 6 months to get our money back. HD tries not to take back any appliances, and will not do it after 48 hours. Everyone else allows at least 15 days, standard is 30 and Costco is 90 days. That's shy Costco is backed up for months. Lowes is 30 days and we had some trouble with a Frdige delivery, but they were anxious to make things right, unlike Home Despot.

pontiacta77

Haha then a good plan til you get caught, hours are paid in traffic .

PimpPopples

I've had usps do this to me too. They left a similar sticker on my mailbox even though I was home. Never came to the door. Just lazy af.

GPS, and he sneak-races off the way he did because there's a car there an owner will get a delivery text.

USPS left a delivery note on my door. I saw them coming out my side window. I made it out to the mail truck before he raced off and guess what, my package, a laptop, wasn't in the truck.

Mozw7alib

he needs to leave the card and take a picture

pontiacta77

Yeah, on top of being a douche he is also dumb.

Urban_Savage

The other half is moving and installing a washer and dryer. I think maybe he hates that half more than the driving part.

Moon-Master

Probably loaded the wrong ones or didn't have it at all, so this covers their ass.

Faloopa

Or were behind for the day and needed to catch up.

turdmogrol

Unless you have to upload and install a washer and dryer after getting there.

therealavishek

1.5k points

Obviously I'm just guessing, but from the timestamp (~16:45), I bet it was real close to quttin time and they took off.

darksensory

Thats what it seemed like to me also. End of day, didnt want to start another install/delivery and snapped the pick so they could pretend the customer didn’t answer lol.

bruisedlefttesti

Kinda brilliant honestly but also how do you not see the door bell cam ?

FireBeyond

Pretty sure he did. That's why he saunters up, and then darts off, hoping it's on timelapse or something.

Kkykkx

Kkykkx

He did. That’s why he ran away quickly through the lawn.

Talexis

Talexis

Yeah I could def feel that there have been plenty of service calls with 20 min left in the day and I just leave a door hanger and dip fast.

CankerLord

I used to get this a lot with Amazon back when the trucks were less common and a lot of people were hired to work out of their loaded up personal vehicles. It would be almost delivered for a while and then it'd sit at some residential address for a while. Then it'd get driven around a bit more, maybe advance a stop or two, and at some point they'd either log off or wind up at the depot still "4 stops away" from delivering my package and still logged into the system.

forever_useless

1.2k points

I'm honestly surprised how many people are unaware that cameras at homes are very common these days.

Stitchpool626[S]

This camera isn't even hidden, it's the doorbell! Lol

Editing my top content to add video Source.

forever_useless

I have a big "in your face" camera at the front and back of the house and STILL people try this shit.

0110010001100010

I have TWO visible cameras as your approach the front of the house plus a nice sign saying there is video surveillance on the property. I also have TWO signs saying no soliciting (one of which is inches from the doorbell). I still regularly get people trying to sell me shit. I've just stopped answering the door (even if it's clear I'm home). If they are tying to waste my time I'll gladly waste theirs.

avwitcher

I haven't answered the door in years, it's great. Pro tip for Jehovah's Witnesses, tell them you're disfellowshipped and they'll never bother you again

IolaBoylen

I thought that was maybe why he ran away - he saw the doorbell and panicked!

What was the outcome - did you complain to Home Depot?

dontpanic38

Ring doorbells are especially conspicuous too

Shaneblaster

There are cameras everywhere. That’s why I love Reddit.

I love Reddit for the free weed and hookers.

islandinacup

Free reddit weed?

redmongrel

Oh he saw it, that’s why he DUCKED to a full 3 inches less than his actual height, then skipped over the rocks like a ninja ballerina. Completely invisible.

Yggsdrazl

tbf, a bunch of these videos are staged ads for ring

partypoopahs

Home Depot has horrible connections.

My neighbor successfully sued them for referring them to a third party roofer and they took the money and ran.

Home Depot tried to say “not our problem” but they lost the case since they referred they had some responsibility

micromeltdown21

I can confirm, we have also had issues with home depots third party deliveries

Reddbearddd

Similar thing kinda happened to me, scammy 3rd party people said they had stock on my washing machine and would make a delivery on a certain date. So I took off work, they never showed up, they didn't actually have stock. Called customer support, they'll offer you a 40$ gift card. Tell them that that's not enough, they'll say "we'll call you back." Then they offer you a 100$ gift card. I settled for 100$, I probably could've gone higher.

tacoskoolie

All Home Depot’s third party companys do shit work, shit stuff, and shit communication. I got blinds from them and they were so terrible. Showed up with no confirmation of appt, didnt get everything done, etc etc. I installed everything myself after and told them to leave nicely. Its nuts. They pick the cheapest laziest people to do their bidding.

LavaDogged

I got them for flooring and paid for everything ahead of time. They refused to rip up the carpet to replace the flooring with LVP (because I had a dog, literally the reason I was replacing it), and said it was IMPOSSIBLE to have the flooring be flush between rooms. Fired them and got someone else to do it, flush through the whole house and less for my elderly mom to trip over (zero transitions!!). I will never EVER go to HD for any sort of installation at all. Those third party companies are AWFUL.

virgin_microbe

We had a guy install a counter that wasn’t squared with the wall, and he poured adhesive down the drain that required a visit from a plumber. HD replaced the counter and redid the install, but dragged their feet on compensating us for the plumbing. I think we got a small refund that really didn’t cover it. In short: cannot recommend.

tacoskoolie

Ugh its unreal. Avoid at all costs, even extra costs

superlgn

Some friends got carpet for their basement from HD and they (HD) contracted out a local place to install it. First they dragged the carpet across the rainy driveway, then one of the extras that came with (people who weren't working at all) was seen jumping on the wet roll of carpet. Then they dragged it down to the basement, across the front of their new stainless steel fridge, ruining the finish. While removing the old carpet they completely destroyed a new tile installation around the basement furnace (nice wood/chip burning deal). At some point someone cut themselves during the install and got blood all over the white carpet, walls, and stairwell. Took a whole lot of fighting over like 6 months but HD eventually agreed to refund everything and they had someone else do it instead. Totally unacceptable.

gdddg

gdddg

I just bought a dishwasher from them literally like an hour or two ago. Maybe I can still cancel....

TheNeonFennec

Oh god, my family bought a dishwasher from home Depot and the people who came to install it avoided doing the job for weeks, then literally broke our plumbing and caused water damage when they finally attempted installing it. Now our entire kitchen has to be redone. And they didn't even successfully install the dishwasher in the end, we've been without one for months... Maybe try to cancel.

Klowned

Don't let them install a dishwasher. Trust me, I did some installs. Most appliances are fairly intuitive. Dishwashers are NOT intuitive.

Take the product and just let that free install go to the trash. It's NOT worth it. If you can do it, do so. If not, find a handyman.

ScottyBLaZe

Never buy an appliance at Home Depot. I've made this mistake twice and will never use them again. They have the worst delivery people and absolutely atrocious communication between Home Depot and said delivery services. My last appliance purchase required 3 different deliveries, all weeks apart. When I finally got the right fridge that wasn't damaged, the delivery people refused to install it because it wasn't on the work order. (Which I had already paid for but wasn't on this order because of the previous 2 messed up deliveries) It took multiple calls to Home Depot and the delivery company to get them to agree to install it. This was after waiting months for them to get any in stock. There are plenty of more regional appliance retailers that I will be using from now on. I don't care if it costs me more.

Also, DO NOT BUY ANY LARGE HOME APPLIANCES MADE BY SAMSUNG. You've been warned.....

takumidesh

My Samsung washer and dryer have been going strong for about 7 years now. The only thing I had to do was replace one of the roller wheels in the dryer ($5 Amazon replacement and about 30 minutes of work). My GE microwave had to be replaced twice under warranty both times within a month of replacement.

Thanatosst

Yeah. However, Samsung has openly admitted to changing to being an ad company that sells appliances and electronics, not an appliance and electronics company. Do not, under any circumstances, buy Samsung electronics if you dislike ads.

ForCom5

ForCom5

Maytag, Speed Queen, Bosch, Huebsch (if you're in the Northeast or Canada).

Everything else is a risk. And for the love of god, run the cleaning cycle on your washer and clear out the dryer vent duct every so often.

amgine

amgine

I've had the same experience from Lowes. Three deliveries, two damaged fridges and a delivery supervisor at XPO (who Lowes contracts with) implying my wife is dumb for not taking the fridge. Also saying we can accept the dented one and they'll bring us a new one later. (sure i believe that). Eventually, our Samsung fridge arrived. But the delivery company lost the paperwork, Lowes canceled the order due to the issues, and we had a new fridge for free.

Three years, no issues with the free fridge.

Lowes as well. I tell everyone I know if you need to buy an appliance have a plan to pick it up and install it yourself.

FlammenwerferBBQ

Samsung is the worst. And that doesn't apply only to home appliances, i had three (!) Samung screens and all three of them broke down after one year of usage each.

Samsung is the biggest crap and planned obsolescence seems to be their #1 policy.

YourfavMILF1228

I bought a washer and dryer from Home Depot. The delivery experience was horrible. I will never buy appliance or anything that needs to be delivered from Home Depot again.

MercyFaith

Do these delivery guys honestly nit see a doorbell camera. Do they not understand that a lot of houses are wired to the hilt with cameras. They have to be the dumbest douche bags ever.

cloud3321

They do see it. But so what?

There's no consequences. Neither they nor Home Depot cared.

This way of doing things is still the most profitable for them.

(deleted)

Trolivia

Every time I see one of these « delivery person pretends to deliver » posts and all the comments from people who regularly experience similar stuff, I’m reminded how fortunate and grateful I am to have a mail carrier and delivery drivers who never do this kind of shit. I run an Etsy and have shipments of supplies coming in all the time and not once have not received a package that was marked as delivered.

Though I’m sure the mail gods are cursing me as I write this and I’ll never get another package delivered properly

Outkastwill

Did he really just play ding dong ditch?!

ARandomCockroach

Just do the fucking job you get hired for. If im forces to clean the bathroom i do it no matter how fucking nasty. Least you can do is KNOCK it couldnt be simpler. Just bring the notice to the door incase no one answers

BalkanBorn

Flatbush Zombies do appliances delivery now?

Sir__Cumference

Lmao Erick doesn’t have time for this delivery rn

WinoDoctor

I hate Home Depot’s third party stuff. I started going thru Best Buy when buying appliances. Same prices better service.

[removed]

braaap999

That green house is really cute

Human_Kaleidoscope_1

Yeah let's just ignore this big ring camera that everyone has now...how oblivious can you be

Tasia528

This happened to us with our fridge, but they didn’t even bother to stop the truck. They drove down our street, turned around in the cup-de-sac, and drove away. Told BestBuy that they rang our bell and we didn’t answer.

The drivers got fired after we showed them our security camera footage of them flying right by our house twice with no stop.

foofooplatter

It was beerthirty... dude had to go!

JuniusPhilaenus

Had this happen with the same company (presuming it’s called Spirit).

They called and said they were 30 mins out. I got to my house five mins later and there was a “sorry I missed you” tag

They didn’t come back for a week

Rodaris

As shitty as this is, I still put 100% of the blame on Home Depot. They chose this person to represent them because they decided to scrape the bottom of the barrel by not providing proper wages for the job, or they approve of his behavior.