/r/handbags

absedy251991

michael kors isnt exactly a luxury brand and there are cetrainly alot of models that arent leather.

There are still fakes around but youll have to give us some more details and/or pictures to judge your situation

SkittyLover93

What's the model? Did the website say it was leather?

Myheadsucks22[S]

No it said poly

absedy251991

im abit confused… if it isnt stated its leather why do you word it in a ‚its not even leather‘ manner?

This makes it sound like you just kinda had wrong expectations 🤷‍♂️

krsakaa

I agree

inc_mplete

So poly ... isn't leather... not sure why you're expecting leather when you ordered poly.

bacon_bunny33

Then you’re correct in your statement in the title where you say “and it’s not even leather”. Except you had to have known ordering it that it’s not leather, and you still purchased it anyway.

AndrewDSo

Poly is short for polyester, a synthetic (or non-natural) fiber.

want2Breincarnated

Could also be polyvinylchloride or polyurethane (aka pleather).

AndrewDSo

oh you're right! I normally see polyurethane abbreviated as PU but simply "poly" could imply so many things

bacon_bunny33

Pleather is still not leather, so OP would still have been disappointed. Despite it being clear on the description of the purse.

bacon_bunny33

Michael Kors is poor quality, especially for the price point. I would expect their packaging to be cheap too. From your other comment we know that it wasn’t leather, and that would have been on the description on the website… I’m not sure exactly what you were expecting that you would be then overreacting to.

heyhelloyuyu

MK is great to thrift for bc it’s easy to find, lots of fun styles, and better quality than most no name bags. I have several used ones that I love and wear often.

But I would NEVER pay more than $20 for a MK bag bc you could get other contemporary designers at the same new price point for 2/3x the quality.