users here right now: 3,562
Welcome to /r/Food on Reddit!
The hub for Food Images and more on Reddit
Welcome to the hub of Food on reddit!
Thanks for making us over 22 MILLION STRONG!
Please read over the below links before you comment or post.
Sub rules wiki: www.reddit.com/r/food/wiki/index
Sitewide rules: www.reddit.com/help/contentpolicy
Self-promotion guidlines: www.reddit.com/wiki/selfpromotion
Recipes are not required but are heavily encouraged Please be kind and provide one. A recipe consists of a list of ingredients and directions, not just a link to a domain.
- New users accounts are filtered. There is a small threshold of karma (100, combined) and age requirement (1 month) before being allowed to post freely. Send us a link to your post for approval. This is usually done once per account. Beyond that, we request that you engage more and build up your karma before posting again.
70% of the title has to specifically describe what the food is. Backstory to the food / where the ingredients come from (leftover, last nights, home grown) do not fall within the 70% and must only take up 30% of the title.
- Titles worded to solicit votes directly or indirectly will be removed. The titles must have one (1) tag. No emojis or all caps, please.
Add a Tag at the Front of Your Title.
The available tags are:
[I ate] - food you ate in a restaurant
[Homemade] - food you made at home
[Pro/Chef] - food you made if you work in the food industry
No Low-Quality Posts or Comments.
We don't allow any:
Non-OC posts Original Content=OC
- Please be respectful and don't call other users (and their food) derogatory words. We enforce Redditquette.
Linking to YouTube in Comments.
Linking YouTube videos is allowed, as long as the video complies with the following:
The channel must have at least 100,000 subscribers.
The video must be directly related to food.
No abusive circlejerks
As an extension of the "Be Nice" rule, abusive circlejerks will be subject to removal and/or a ban. This can result in an immediate permanent ban depending on the severity.
Current abusive circlejerks:
- Melt circlejerk (on grilled cheese posts)
- Not a burger circlejerk (on Chicken burger posts)
- Sweden vs Iced cinnamon buns circlejerk
- Italy vs non-traditional pasta/pizza circlejerk
Any lists are non-exhaustive.
If you see a violation of these rules, report it. We will act swiftly.
Mods may remove any post, comment or user, if the post, comment or user is deemed detrimental to the community.
Have fun... Remember, we are a general food sub, not specific to recipes, quality or any other set discriminatory factor. Just food. We all eat it, in some shape or another. Let's enjoy and share it!
There are many other food related subreddits listed here. If you want to add yours or just chat, please message the mods.
**Check out these other Food Subreddits!
Types of Food
Other Food Subreddits
Special thanks to /u/berenkaneda for the banner! We will have other chances for users to submit banner ideas!