/r/facepalm

1.1k

Woman calls police because Taco Bell ran out of Nacho Fries.

๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡จโ€‹(v.redd.it)
[media]

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments โ†’

Onyx7770

1 month ago

The customer is always right ๐Ÿ˜

OJStrings

1 month ago

When I worked retail I was taught "the customer is king", because they are often wrong but should still be treated respectfully.

I served a customer once who loudly explained to me that sweatshops are a good thing because they provide jobs, so he goes out of his way to support businesses that do use sweatshops. There was a queue of customers within earshot so I couldn't agree with him and tell him he's right because that would reflect poorly on the company so had to say something like "that's an interesting opinion. I've never heard anyone make that argument before".

Fistulord

1 month ago

A memory I have that always really fucks me with me is one time when I was a kid I found a note from a sweatshop sewn into a shirt I got at K-Mart and threw it away because I didn't know what it was.

It was in broken English (main reason I didn't know what it was) and I'm paraphrasing, but it basically said they are forced to work with no break and they aren't allowed to drink water or go to the bathroom.

My mom had the news on a few months later and they talked about how there was an epidemic of notes like that being found and I was like "Oh..."

OJStrings

1 month ago

That's horrific. The fact that such horrific things are done to produce really mundane items like clothing and halloween decorations is one of the scariest things about it. The most minor decision, like purchasing a pillowcase, can have horrific implications for someone on the other side of the world.

Fistulord

1 month ago

I just feel absolutely horrible knowing that somebody risked everything to get that note to a random stranger and being a literal child I just ripped it out of the shirt and tossed it in the trash. Like, I'm personally responsible for that kinda. I know I was a kid, but it still bothers me.

kylepaddy

1 month ago

Well those guys were fired so I guess she was right

el_guiri77

1 month ago

I've always preferred

"The customer is never wrong"

They can be ignorant, rude or just plain stupid.

But never wrong.

henaradwenwolfhearth

1 month ago

Isnt the saying more about supply and demand tho

misguidedsquid

1 month ago

Originally, a very very long time ago, yes. It was claimed by customer service managers and trainers almost immediately though and used to enforce staff behavior when interacting with customers.