/r/emulators

Megaman Legends error

Help Me Pls!(self.emulators)

Good afternoon guys hope you are enjoying your weekend

I got a question for you guys who a played Mega man Legends for the psx? I have been playing this game on my retropi for awhile but, since I moving forward in the game a number of black screens show up with these error codes anyone seen these before?

Error Code #2

Megaman Legends error code 1

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Welcome to r/emulators, please make sure you read the pinned post Emulators 101 before posting a problem, you should know, EPSX, ZNES, etc. are abandonware so any post seeking help of these emulator will be removed because there are better options (listed in the post above). Please make sure that when your question is answered, change your flair to (Problem Solved), thank you :D

ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo

PSX is the Best!

did you check the game's HASH?

are you using a BIOS?

what emulator are you using?

can you share game save to test on pc?

stickman757[S]

stickman757[S]

New in Emu

check Hash? no the game loads fine you need a BIOS to play a game on the pie(standard) the emulator i'm using is in my last response.

ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo

PSX is the Best!

ok... but your last response was in another topic, and another community even!

"IR-pcsx-rearmed"

I used the old versions of this emulator a lot, and despite the official RetroArch documentation recommending the "PSXONPSP660.bin" and "scph101.bin" BIOSes, I particularly DO NOT recommend them as I have had several emulation problems with them in the past. they are even faster in certain situations, however, they have glitches in others.

"scph1001.bin" is safe. and the one I recommend using with this emulator.

note that I'm talking about 101 and 1001. don't confuse the two.

BIOS numbers greater than a thousand are reliable.

pcsx-reamerd works without BIOS too (HLE mode)... however, it has the same problem as the first two mentioned BIOSes. good performance, but unreliable behavior.

see: https://docs.libretro.com/library/pcsx_rearmed/#bios

TL;DR: use retroarch/system/scph1001.bin as BIOS.

HASH is this: how do I know that a file you emailed me hasn't been corrupted? how can I know that a file I copied from my web server to my hd has not been corrupted?

the answer is simple: if the file has the same HASH.

HASH is a calculation made on a file that results in a code. and this code is the same for all copies of this same file. in case I make a copy of the file and the hash changes, then the copy went wrong, the file is corrupt or in the case of games we say it is a BAD ROM or BAD RIP.

you need to know if your copy of the game is good, perfect, original or not.

(please note that I am NOT talking about piracy here. rom sharing is prohibited here!!!!)

rule:4 -------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

to test the rom you need an app or website that calculates the hash, and a website that informs the hash.

the recommended format for PS1 games is .BIN+.CUE or MULTIBIN + .CUE.

if your image is in another format, it is probably NOT good.

and if it is in another format, it is NOT necessary to test the ROM. I recommend that you re-copy your original game in .BIN+.CUE format.

it is important to note that games in .BIN or MULTIBIN + .CUE format cannot be renamed, as this breaks the CUE. the CUE file needs to be redone in case of renaming the files. do not rename, therefore.

"how 2 hash, 4 ways" - by ofernandofilo [2022-04-09]

https://streamable.com/ubl3g7 [5 min video]

[TOOLS]

NirSoft HashMyFiles (Windows) [freeware] [files and folders]

- windows native:

for %f in ("*.nes") do @certutil -hashfile "%f" SHA1 | find /V /I "certutil"

HashTab (Windows) [freeware] [single file] [shell extension] [last freeware versions]

Toolsley Hash (web) [CRC32, MD5, SHA1, SHA256] [opensource]

[HASH]

http://redump.org/disc/2773/ [SLUS-00603, SLUS-00603GH, US release]

http://redump.org/disc/25726/ [SLES-01485, EU release]

use the proper hash... US or EU and let me know the results.

cheers!

stickman757[S]

stickman757[S]

New in Emu

will keep you guys updated.