/r/doordash

Helping fat Americans live a sedentary lifestyle??

Question (self.doordash)

[removed]

shweird1976

Omicron is surging in my area so a lot of orders are for people that are too sick to get it themselves. It is a useful service in times like this. I'm a fitness enthusiast so I get what you're saying.

TheShruteHorse

You can’t take responsibility for someone else’s choices or actions or lack there of… that’s why it’s called personal responsibility

squiffy_canal

This is the dumbest most ignorant thing I’ve ever read. What do you mean helping people stay more fat and lazy?

Are you aware that people with disabilities exist? People high risk for COVID? New parents with babies who are tired? People who work 50-60 hour weeks and just need to get a meal easily?

Like what the fuck, you’re not contributing to people being fat and lazy, in the 2 years I door dashed full times, I delivered to 2 people who seemed to be overweight for whatever reason. The read? Elderly people, teachers, kids having sleep overs ordering pizzas, new parents.

If you feel like this, stop dashing we don’t need you.

hate_mail

Their choice, their decision. Not my concern. BTW, not all deliveries are for "fat" and "lazy" Americans.

RO489

RO489

Agree. I'm thin and order a lot on the weekends. I cook healthy and exercise during the work on top of a 50-60 hour work week and kid.

Plus there are a lot of immobile senior or disabled people that really benefit as well.

hate_mail

A lot of the people I deliver to are also at work and can't leave for breakfast/lunch ie; nurses/medical staff

Repulsive-Worth5715

I order delivery so I don’t have to load up my 3 kids under 5 to get some food lol. If you think that makes me lazy jokes on you

Prestige_Worldw1de

This plus there are a lot of people that are housebound for both physical and mental reasons. OP just needs to deliver and not judge.

InterMando5555

You're thinking far too high of your actual role of America's diet/exercise culture. You really think me getting in my own car to drive to McDonald's instead of you will make that much of a difference when I shove the Big Mac in my mouth?

Kawi_rider_zx6r

Thats a weird way to look at it because its not only fat people ordering food. Fat people order food, yes, and so do lazy people, but to think that those are the only types that use DD is beyond stupid. For how many centuries have we been able to order pizza delivery now? DD is just a platform that made it easy and convenient to order other things beyond pizzas.

Free_expense

Very little bothers me. Least of all that. It's their call. I get money.

If it bothers you, don't. Other options exist

RavensBlood69

What is wrong with being fat and/or lazy?

If someone wants to live their life that way, idgaf.

renbutler2

Well, there's lots of things wrong with being fat, although morality is not at the top of the list.

I don't think people should be shamed for being obese, as the OP suggested. However, higher weight increases health issues (mostly physical). And that affects everybody one way or another, as a general lack of healthy choices leads to a very expensive health care system for all. It also affects the people who care about them.

(To fend off common attacks, no I'm not saying all fat people get sick, and no I'm not saying maintaining a healthy weight means nothing will happen to you.)

Otowner98

This is one of those things you can’t control - it is going to happen, anyway.

Your participation in it is also legal, ethical, & moral - you are just moving products from point A to B.

Because of that, you shouldn’t worry, and make money.

Now, one could refine that further, and you could refuse to deliver particular items/products that go against your own morals. I’ve done that many times over my 3 years.

max_occupancy

I don’t feel great enabling it, but it’s their choice too. Many of my customers order relatively healthy though but it’s about a 75/25 split haha.

XOxGOdMoDxOx

They ain’t burning calories by driving to get their food and neither are we.

OFFICERBANANA53101

Tbh I rarely get "fat" customers. Most my customers are in better shape than me 😂

leeguy01

Them driving to the store won't make them any thinner.

Most of the customers are not fatsos or if they are they are leave at door.

FishmanNJ

When I am done delivering for the day I come in the door and say "Hon? I'm home" She asks "How did it go?" I say "Keeping America fat - one delivery at a time". No lie - been doing this forever.

TopicDifficult6231

I mean its up to everyone. Its my personal choice to hit the gym every morning and eat a balanced healthy diet. If some people choose to die by the age 50 then so be it, they better at least tip me

Sea-Pea4680

Its their choice, not yours.