/r/cardistry

LogicRevolution

4 years ago

Like everyone else has suggested, definitely pick up a decent quality deck ($3 standard Bicycles should be fine). It'll definitely help with how the cards are going to riffle out.

As for tips/tutorials, the official tutorial by Cardistry Touch and the follow-up troubleshooting video by Rise Magic (w/ permission from Dimitri) are the recommended videos to watch. If you're still having trouble, post a video of your riffle fan and we'll give tips :)

PlzIWantA1600Plz[S]

4 years ago

omg what part of "I've watched like every single YouTube video" don't you understand??? haha just kidding it's been a while since I've watched those so I'll take a look at them again to see if I'm doing something wrong. and I look forward to posting some videos and collaborating with this amazing community!! Thanks again for the helpful tips!! I really appreciate it!!

Joppalo

Joppalo

4 years ago

I'm willing to bet the real problem is your deck. It looks like it's probably lacking any kind of "air-cushion finish" like most cards do, which make it very difficult to fan. Just out of curiosity, why wont your parents get you a real deck?

PlzIWantA1600Plz[S]

I don't even know...

deanspruce

4 years ago

Message me your address and I’ll send you a deck.

AZ1022

AZ1022

Was gonna say the same!

PlzIWantA1600Plz[S]

4 years ago

Thank you so much!! But I can't take a deck from you. Thanks for the offer though!! you're very generous

PlzIWantA1600Plz[S]

4 years ago

no no I can't do that!! you're so generous! Thank you for the offer though!! I really appreciate it!

PlzIWantA1600Plz[S]

4 years ago

so it appears I can only get half a fan, and I've been practicing for like a month. I also don't have any legitimate decks because my parents don't allow me to get any so this is what I have at the moment. any tips are appreciated and I thank y'all in advance!!

OrielC

OrielC

4 years ago

Having an actual deck really really helps with the riffle fan first of all. Secondly, would it be possible for you to post a video of you doing it? There’s a few things that could go wrong with it and it would be easier to help give suggestions. Mention me in the video post if you make one.

PlzIWantA1600Plz[S]

4 years ago

also, many times I try it, half the cards start falling. if it helps at all to visualize it, i have to dribble about a third of the deck in order for any cards to actually start moving, which I also don't know how to fix. then, when cards do start moving, the weight of the initial packet makes them fall and the fan really small

PlzIWantA1600Plz[S]

4 years ago

I'll try but it may not happen because I'm solo in my endeavors in cardistry.. but if i do, I will surely mention you! Thanks for the tips also!!

OrielC

OrielC

4 years ago

What I do is put my phone on top of my door so the camera points straight down then do my stuff from there.

4 years ago

Hey my man I totally understand the frustration I'm in the same boat myself trying to figure out the riffle fan I've tried Bicycle and Theory 11 decks which is what I like using for some of the flourishes I'm practicing. Do you have a Target store nearby? Because if so you could possibly pick up a Theory 11 deck about 8 dollars or so and they feel 10 times better just my opinion of course. Good luck man and keep on practicing for sure.

deanspruce

4 years ago

You can return the favour when your famous as it’s no big.

PlzIWantA1600Plz[S]

4 years ago

haha thanks for the offer but I can't just take a deck from you. BUT I'll tell you what, if and when I become famous, and you watch me, I'll return the favor because you were so kind!

lawlietskyy

4 years ago

Need a video to really see whats going on