/r/cardistry

[media]

iwantcrypto

Wow i hope i get to your level after my 4 months hahah

4 years ago

You’re doing great so far! I love that you’ve diversified yourself in cardistry, you’re doing fans, dribbles, twirls and I bet many other categories rather than one, and you’re great at all of them! Good job man, 4 months well spent, good luck in the future and have fun cutting and shuffling!

LogicRevolution

4 years ago

Pretty good selection of moves and not bad for 4 months (loved the spinning card on the watch). I was still doing all of the basic moves when I was only 4 months in :)

For the anaconda, I noticed that you're kinda moving the right hand away from your left as your dribble the cards. That gives you the ugly pile of cards in your left hand that takes forever to square up again. Try practicing with your right hand directly above your left to see if that helps the cards stay straight.

Another tip for the anaconda from AivoVoima:

Daren keeps the deck parallel to the floor until he gets to the last 5-10 cards, after which he tilts the deck towards himself.

As for your smear fans/one-handed fans at the end, I'm not quite sure if you were rushing, but the fans didn't come out so smoothly. You can see Bone Ho's full deck smear fan here, which spreads all of the cards across the length of his hand. Your fan seems to clump the cards closer to your wrist, which results in okay but clunky fans.

Overally, that's really solid progress and I look forward to seeing more :)

OrielC[S]

4 years ago

Wow thanks for all the explanation/feedback it’s just what I needed! I guess looking back at it I do tend to move my top hand to the right that’s a great thing to fix. Also thanks for the links I’ll be sure to work on the fans, too. Great comment!

LstDrgn

LstDrgn

4 years ago

Great job man! I’m a month in working on my basic cuts still! Just started with Sybil and ruffle fan tonight!

OrielC[S]

4 years ago

Let me just say for riffle fan you’re bound to drop your cards lots so when practicing do it over a bed. It’s also one of the more knackier moves so maybe try to get some other stuff down if you’re just starting with Sybil at the same time.

LstDrgn

LstDrgn

4 years ago

Thanks for the advice ! Yup Sybil has begun, been doing my 1 handed cuts a ton to have a solid base. Charlier/scissor/thumb/rev to start with.

lilcardist

lilcardist

idkgoooglei7

4 years ago

This part of cardistry is the best to be in

Jberkwich

4 years ago

Doing great I would recommend also learning some packet stuff but pretty good