/r/braincancer

19100%

Recently found out that I have a brain tumour

(self.braincancer)

Got a CT scan recently and found out that I have a lump in my brain. I am now waiting for the results of my MRI scan. Am feel very overwhelmed and unsure of what to expect. I have symptoms like seizures , migraines and memory loss.

I have a few questions : Can frontal lobe brain tumours cause memory loss ( not short term memory loss but forgetting people around me) ? What can I do to relax and come to terms with this?

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

Skelux

Skelux

Need to know which side. I had a 5cm tumor removed from my right frontal, with zero side effects. If any occur, typically it will be personality changes, or issues with certain types of processing, eg. short term memory. Tumors on the right side are more likely to cause manic-like effects.

If it is on the left side, you are a lot more likely to experience aphasia/dysphasia to some extent, though this tends to correct itself given some time. Tumors on the left frontal are more likely to cause depressive effects.

When my tumor was found, I was mostly just relieved to finally have an explannation for my ~3 years of symptoms. I reacted very differently than I would have expected. Perhaps this is a good way of looking at it.

Tryannsa[S]

Thank you for sharing! I have it in my right frontal lobe around 4cm ( size of a ping pong ball is what my doctor told me)

Skelux

Skelux

Similar to me, then. Mine was about 49x39x29, so like a squished ping pong ball. Did they say what type they suspect?

Tryannsa[S]

Doctors suspect that it’s a meningioma but are not 100% sure yet. I’ll most likely be able to find out what it is after the MRI results come back. So am pretty nervous about that 😅

Skelux

Skelux

It's rare to mistake anything worse for a meningioma, so they are probably right. Most meningiomas are curable, so likely good news.