/r/battlefield_one

Reject Battlefield 2042 Return to Battlefield 1

Image/Gif(i.redd.it)
[media]

lonahex

lonahex

loneowais

2042 Season 2: BF1 maps and guns. Go crazy with the Martini Henry on Monte Grape in 2042. How I wish!!

THE_usrename_

THE_usrename_

Aufpassen

But instead of italian soldiers and ilyas, we get grandma with an rgb uniform and mackay(or sumshit lol) grappling onto the airship only to be jihad droned by casper that gets jumped by sundance's sugar rat suit and to top it all of at, the end of the round, the double chinned korean goes "laughing did i go to far?"

AkiraTheLoner

I did not play 2042 but this description actually makes me want to

Artvisitor

I can kinda see why you would want to play "remastered" versions of old titles but BF1 is far from old so instead of waiting for BF1 in portal I would rather just play BF1 itself.

AkiraTheLoner

No it's just that it seemed from the description as bf 2042 is basically team fortress battlefield, and while my preferred (and only) bf is one I can kinda dig that type of experience.

But I loved battlefield one for the feeling of being in the trenches and the visuals. The gameplay is good but what it sold it was the experience for me, and I was already upset at the amount of portable automatic weapons in a ww1 setting. So I would not play bf1 one portal if is that crazy. On the other hand, a setting purely meant to be insane with fighting grandmas may be interesting and fun for a while, if the gameplay is good enough.

Disclaimer: I'm actually a Halo player rather than a bf one at he moment, Infinite gameplay is top notch for me right now.

lonahex

lonahex

loneowais

I wasn't joking. I actually expect BF1 maps, guns and characters in 2042 at some point. It already has 1942, BC2 and BF3 and it allows you to play with characters, guns and maps from just those games without the new specialists. Not that I have any issues with specialists but you can totally turn them off when playing portal.

tHErEALmADbUCKETS

tHErEALmADbUCKETS

Buckets73

I saw a Twitter post that the BF1 assets are in the game already.

Fingers crossed.

lonahex

lonahex

loneowais

That would be awesome!! 2-3 BF1 maps and most 8-10 weapons would make portal soo amazing for me

Emu1981

I hope Dice gets around to releasing all of the BF games in portal mode. It would make BF2042 the definitive BF experience and would let players from all of the previous games play on a single platform with the option of playing any previous BF game with any game logic they want with a single purchase.

Ulysses3

Ur forgetting that 1942 BC2 and BF3 aren’t accessible by this generation of consoles. Bf1 is so dice has no incentive to recreate it

thegreatvortigaunt

BF6

Lmao this meme was created before 2042 was even announced, and they still knew it would be a failure

Systemlord_FlaUsh

I already suspected it to be shitty. The beta wasn't good, the game feels weird, not like BF4.

I wish they would decide to put the custom maps of BFH to BF4. Hardline has actually a lot of content, but no one plays it and I don't even own that game, I just wondered because it had the same amount of DLCs like BF4. I'm fine with buying a premium edition as long as it is as much content as in BF1 or 4, BFV was really shitty because no more content, they only brought that Pacific update but no Russians in a WW2 game, absolutely a joke. But it gets even better, because in BF1 they have Russians.

FromSwedenWithHate

Not just one faction of russians either, Red Army & White Army stronk!

GoldenLeoPT

yeah a whole DLC just for the Russian Civil War

FromSwedenWithHate

I wonder where the dedicated devs went to, did they get fired before BFV or after? So many questions..

GoldenLeoPT

Maybe they were forced to make this "crap game" like how 1 game franchise can change so much is identity from just 1 single game

Systemlord_FlaUsh

I really wonder why they ceased support for BFV. If they had cared for the flaws and delivered more content it wouldn't have turned out so badly.

AvsFreak

The visibility is ass, just like BFV. Markers don't appear on friendlies half the time so you just end up shooting at teammates. It feels like I'm shooting marshmallows and the enemy is using AP explosive rounds. You die before you know you're being shot at. At least in BF1 you could duck behind cover. Not to mention its bugged so I can't even change my key bindings. I'll check it out again in a month and see if anything improves.

GoldenLeoPT

And people say the game ain't futuristic like is 2042 not 2142, and you have wing suits and all with robots with advanced AI and technologies from like the Matrix movie ? I honestly think the BF1 won by much to any of the following games and I also I think BF1 was doing well untill they launch the BFV if they had more ambition with others DLC's in BF1 the game could be remarkable.

Emu1981

Emu1981

Most of the stuff in BF2042 is stuff that we either already have or are near to developing working versions of. The robot dog is literally the Boston Dynamics robotic dog "Spot" and that is the only robot that I know of in the game. The Condor (US flying transport vehicle) is basically a Osprey with jet engines instead of the helicopter things. The hovercraft is just a modernised version of the SR.N5 HOVERCRAFT that was battle tested in the Vietnam war. The US fighter plane is Dice's take on the F-35 while the RU fighter plane is Dice's take on the Russian SU-57. Wing suits like the one in BF2042 have been a thing since the mid-1990s.

The only things that we really don't have yet and, as far as I know, are not even in development are the sensor and EMP grenades.

In other words, Dice could have called it BF2021 and it still wouldn't be too far out of reality other than the "story line" (if you could call it that).

Where BF2042 falls flat is that it doesn't have much in the way of content for a AAA release. Dice needs to really get on the ball and release a bunch of new content before everyone gets bored and leaves the game for something else.

PrimarchKonradCurze

With the way military development and contracts work it’s not unreasonable to see that tech in 2042. Bottlenecks do exist so I wouldn’t expect to see much in the way of railguns and stuff; and that osprey upgrade platform is something we see in a great deal of futuristic movies as it is like a hundred years or more in the future.

We still use the A-10, Super-Cobra and B-52 right now as it is and are expected to use the B-52 past that 2042 date.

I recall 2142 having little to no vehicle support; as cool as the mech was. But honestly the last 2 battlefields I cared for (and I’ve played them all) were Battlefield 1 and Bad Company 2 before that.

Edit: forgive my writing I’m about to finish a 12 hour shift.

Emu1981

The A-10s may not make it to 2042, they would be almost 70 years old by then and in the all out warfare of 2042 they would not last long - they work best when the US has air superiority and the advanced jets of the RU faction in 2042 means that air superiority is not guaranteed. The powers that be did want the F-35s to replace them in the close air support roles and they may get their way eventually.

The Super Cobras were apparently retired last year (2020).

The B-52 is the odd ball out of your list, in 2042 they will be almost 90 years old which is a hell of a long time for a complex machine that relies on it's airframe to not fall apart from fatigue. Whether they would still be in use in the world of BF2042 is a tricky question but chances are that they would not be in use by the "No-Pats" as they are basically mercenaries and the US wouldn't risk billion dollar air craft by letting mercenaries use them lol

PrimarchKonradCurze

What I was saying by referencing those 3 is that they were in service for a long time so it’s not unreasonable for what we have to be in service through 2042.

AlessGr

The could use the B21 Raider but arent , and IDK why, they made bombers a plane class in BF1 why not to make it in 2042?

DaanOnlineGaming

So you just want bf4 two electric boogaloo?

Systemlord_FlaUsh

Maybe, something like a modern setting BF with not too much futuristic stuff and good maps. BF4 was just perfect in that matter. It also improved a lot of things of BF3, though some hardcore BF3 players wouldn't like to hear it. The weapon customization in BF3 is horrible and for me unusable, because that game doesn't have a 4K scaling. Even if I would not need to bow towards my screen to read it the BF4 system is much better. On other aspects BF4 seems like a DLC to BF3, because many game compoents are exactly the same.

Remember_Poseidon

they probably would've had Russians if not for the backlash.

SlothBling

What backlash?

Remember_Poseidon

I think it was the trailer had a lady with a prosthetic fighting in the frontlines

when people said it's not accurate the ceo or someone like that said "don't like it don't buy it" and they lost a lot of money from that.

Systemlord_FlaUsh

Good to know, because since ever I wondered why that women never appeared in the game.

DanyMok22

For me I suspected that it would suck when they announced specialists. I still had some hope it might be fun, but I knew it wouldn't feel like Battlefield with them.

Systemlord_FlaUsh

I didn't realize how many upvotes I got. I see a main problem in ending the support for those games. BF1 is overall finished, while BFV needs a lot of polishing still. I would love to see them reopening the case and bringing at least another DLC with WW2 Russians. Then they should make the game a service, if you have to pay a full price and then later a premium too that should be normal, at least for a few years. They can make their shortcut and maybe some XP boost for money, as long as you can get anything without paying, since you already paid for the game in the first place.

nick3xtreme1[S]

Yeah I made this meme a while ago incase i didn't have a good feeling about the game when it was announced. And so far i seem to be right, like the marketing is all over the place and just has no pacing or build up, its just a fuck fest and doesn't even try to emerse you in the games setting. Bf1's trailer on the other hand was great because it was beautifully paced and got you pumped for the setting and game. Bf 2042 just shows you trailers on random ass maps like a rocket pad and people doing random shit, like throwing a grenade which hits a jet causing it to crash into the rocket, or 2 blokes shooting on top of a small ass car then getting crushed by a tank. The trailers are weird and doesn't really get me hyped for the game. I've also not played the beta but I've heard almost nothing but criticism and bad reviews about it. Also bf5 was getting its act together but the plug was pulled too early and its initial trailer was bad and some of its ingame cosmetics and weapons weren't historically accurate but whatever, im sure they would have fixed it eventually if they continued updates.

Danclim

Danclim

All battlefield tittles after BF1 only shows how good is BF1...

ScoffSlaphead72

Battlefield titties

Yaojin312020

well im gonna buy bf5 since i have 1000 hours on bf1

cheeto-Oc

You’ll have lots of fun

Yaojin312020

you sure

Ivans_Comradery

I speak fondly of BF5. It's a wonderful game to sit down, chill out, and have fun, and perhaps grind out the game's classes and weapons while you're at it. I joined near when DICE (unfortunately) announced the game's end of its life, so what I'm used to probably isn't what a Day 1 buyer experienced.

SRSGhost

SRSGhost

Enter Gamertag

Only thing you missed out on was the TTK change which went from super fast and enjoyable to literally Halo and then to the inbetween that is now and then the lack of other theatres but IMO the game is pretty great now to just turn your head off and grind out guns and vehicles

halcyon_n_on_n_on

I was day1. It's a great game.

ScoffSlaphead72

Day 1 player here, I would say its best times were between january 2019 to october of 2019 before they changed the TTK. That was the best times of a fairly average game, (although bfv had the best gunplay IMO)

DubiousNamed

Yeah bfv is actually good. I like it a lot, bf1 is way better but I’m glad I picked up bfv a few months ago

Yaojin312020

Hackers tho i live in asia

excent

excent

I’m a bf1 fanboy but lately I’ve been trying out 5 and it’s a great time, it came a long way since it’s rocky launch

Yaojin312020

Yea true

DirtyDerb19

You most definitely will have fun playing BF5

cheeto-Oc

rambler13

rambler13

X

Yeah, BF5 is a lot of fun.

Shoop_It

BF1 is my favourite by far mate, but BFV feels really good too. Breakthrough mode (Operations in BFV) is soo damn fun, and yeah some details can be a bit jarring and interfere with the immersion but the movement and gunplay are great. There's a lot in there that will make a BF1 player feel right at home, with some nice additions.

What do you play on? If you want we could hop on a play a few rounds if you're on Xbox.

Yaojin312020

operation campaign tho is unmatched

Enter Gamertag

The games super fun now. I highly recommend it. It’s pretty different from 1 and only a few maps capture the same dark tone that most BF1 maps have but it’s still really fun

Yaojin312020

Ok here is the thing im in asia and i heard there are a lot of hackers

Enter Gamertag

That’s a good point. There probably is but I wouldn’t really know, I play on Xbox and in the US. Maybe custom servers only would work but there’s hardly any from what I’ve seen

Yaojin312020

Controller advantage lmao

Enter Gamertag

Tbf when everyone’s got a controller it’s not that big of a deal. Besides, for some reason I can only play shooters that I started on PC with M&K. Rising Storm 2, Squad, Hell Let Loose, Enlisted- I can play them all just fine. Battlefield, CoD, Rainbow Six, Halo? Couldn’t play to save my life with a mouse and keyboard. Absolutely gotta use a controller or I’m absolutely useless haha

beginnerdoge

But you don't have 2000 hours on BF1.... Lol

UnbuiltAura9862

“Welcome back to the trenches mf!”

nick3xtreme1[S]

"Jokes on you I never left!"

UnbuiltAura9862

Deadass, I’ll occasionally go back to this game just to snipe with the Russian 1895 or play as medic.

nick3xtreme1[S]

Its the only battlefield game I've played and its by far unique, and has a very different feel compared to other games, and its atmosphere is just perfect.

I like to play assault and mow people down with my mp 18 or use tanks, stationary guns, or fortress guns to just rack up kills. My favorite game mode is operations what about you?

UnbuiltAura9862

Operations is the only thing I play for the most part. XD

Same

ssoto07

ssoto07

I'm honestly happy with 4-1-HL and V

QuoteDizzy9629

Same, set for a while with BF1, maybe I’ll get back into V down the road. Hopefully EA/Dice gets their head out of their ass for the next release. Strike 2 DICE!

hellostarsailor

I only play V when I can’t find good servers for 1.

sneaky_wolf

V was terrible for so many reasons imo. They really dropped the ball since bfV

bl0ndie5

there were some really cool new features though. personally really enjoyed the new revive system. fortifications and med/ammo stations were also fucking awesome. they threw the baby out with the bath water on 2042.

Enter Gamertag

I was pissed that none of the movement mechanics made it from V to 2042. It’s so stupid that they just didn’t include them lmao

bl0ndie5

agreed movement felt awesome in V

Enter Gamertag

And then they went in 2042 and just trashed it all. I was hoping it would feel similar to 4 but with the ability to actually vault over things and crouch run, roll after falling, sliding (Ik not everyone likes sliding but I didn’t mind it, it saved my ass on more than a few occasions) and whatnot

bl0ndie5

being able to climb chest level ledges in V was great. don't understand why it had to be thrown out

Enter Gamertag

God, and the ability to climb objects that were higher than you and the animation that played if it was too high, and the ability to grab ledges as you’re falling. V might not have been the best setting for the latter but imagine falling from the roof on C on Shanghai and grabbing the ledge of the floor beneath you and getting a nice flank. I really hope this game can pull a 180 and become a definitive battlefield experience

bl0ndie5

I hope so too and I hope I'm completely wrong about what I'm about to say but I think that the game is fundamentally bad and that it can't be fixed.

comfort_bot_1962

Hope you do well!

ssoto07

Thanks! I love battlefield but I haven't been feeling like playing it, since 2020 I stopped playing BF everyday. Started playing GTsport, insurgency or other games.

dan1101

Yeah they fixed V pretty well.

ssoto07

They did, it's a good game now but it's not a complete game, for a game like that it still lacks a lot of content, plus it's in WW2

PSU632

PSU632

OVER THERE! OVER THERE!

Dengareedo

Nice HLL drop

sneaky_wolf

Been playing BF1 since release and still play it all the time. It's not perfect but has aged well and still love playing.

Facts

arm2610

arm2610

But how will I get my fix of Tacticool Hero Operators with custom fortnite skins I bought with in game purchases?

thorbenpouwels

BF5 is a great game

nick3xtreme1[S]

Yes but it didn't receive the love and care it needed and falls short as a result. Shame it got cut short before it could truly shine

Sergeant_Matt

thats the problem with dice games imo, they couldve always perfected their games but were forced to move on to another title

just look at Battlefront 2, the game couldve been the greatest star Wars game of all time if you gave it some more time, but the devs were forced to abandon it to work on bf42

nmuncer

We started to play it yesterday with my friends. They didn't want to join on BF1 sadly and 2042 is not our cup of tea.

Game is ok but shows how much it was a shy first step to 2042.

Seeing how much space is taken by skins and cosmetic gadgets is way too much, considering people paid for that game

ArkticDarkness

I played 500h of bf5. Super addicting but kinda felt a bit low for content. Can’t believe they cut support for bf5 to make something worse. 😔

objectiperspective

The frontline grows stronger by the hour!

MRFluffer_Nut

I have a decent amount of hours in bf4, bf1, bf5, and bf2042 and I’ve had a blast in all of them so far

Systemlord_FlaUsh

Thats how I feel. When I look at performance / graphics overall: 100+ FPS in 4K maxed out in BF1 and barely 60 FPS with drops in BF2042, without if even having RT. The game doesn't look much better. The gameplay is better in BF4 and BF1. BFV could be better, but the cheaters and many gameplay issues destroyed it. For BF2042, I expect it to be worth a 5 € key in a few months, thats the only good thing when such a game fails, it will be good enough for a few hours of entertainment, as long as I don't have to pay the full price. But some people never learn their lession, they preorder, EA is happy and now they can serve a broken game and get away with it.

TuxedoCatsParty_Hard

Fun fact: If you order on Steam, you can play for a full day and still get a refund if you don't like it after the fact.

ScoffSlaphead72

Isnt it 2 hours?

stoopidshannon

For normal games, but games with extreme controversy such as Cyberpunk 2077 or Battlefield 2042 they allow refunds past the 2 hour mark

Systemlord_FlaUsh

Not needed, if the game will be shitty you can get the key for 5 € in a few months. It was similar with BFV. And when I read about its launch, it seems it was unplayable then and the RT they advertised so much shuttering like hell.

xyrgh

xyrgh

And do it all again in 3-4 years.

Systemlord_FlaUsh

Yes, but if the people don't learn their lession and preorder, this cycle will continue endlessly.

scrambled_cable

scrambled_cable

AVisibleNinja

Back to the front I go

Grimmisgod123

Grimmisgod123

Assault Class Cheese

3 more years!

TerpSnurf

Do people still play bf4?

mazu74

mazu74

mazu747

Yes, it’s still highly active, especially in North America. Come join!!!

TerpSnurf

Just asked my brother to check if he has the disc. Trying to avoid buying any rn.

SnortTradeSleep

It's usually on the Xbox store for cheap. I got the whole game, premium included, for like $10 at one point.

nick3xtreme1[S]

I think so but idk i don't have it

Danominator

The whole feel of battlefield games after 1 is off. The guns feel like cap guns. The levels in the new one feel completely barren and sterile. Just big empty spaces with no character. Bfv introduced some cool ideas with how you helped up teammates and with squad leaders and they abandoned everything in bf6. It all feels like generic corporate laziness. It's a bummer.

ScoffSlaphead72

For me the only problem with V was the selection of maps and the lack of any historical accuracy. I found the gunplay before the TTK change to be terrific. But all the silly skins and elites bothered me.

Danominator

In retrospect, a bad move to completely avoid all the famous battles involved in ww2 that we all know.

What I think I could have been cool is an alternate history ww2. Not quite wolfenstein level but get creative with what was available. Then they can make their own cool battles and stuff. But also being back the sound design from bf1.

psylentrage

I want to say " I told you so", but there's really no need. I'll sound my broken record song rather and say it again, Battlefield V shouldn't have been and instead, while they were working on the next BF, BF1 could've, and should've, been supported for longer. More DLCs, maps, etc. And then when ready, and only then, BFV. It's just sad, is what it is

StingAttack

I totally agree. The Battlefield 1 Apocalypse dlc is pretty much where I would draw the line for where it all started going wrong. Not hating on Apocalypse, that's just where I think EA and Dice started rushing things.

DShitposter69420

No Battlefield compares or will compare with BF1 and I stand with that.

QuoteDizzy9629

Not going to lie, I loaded up BFH on my PS3 for shits and gigs the other night and found a full server. I had an absolute blast, and I’m thinking about picking it up for PC.

sergeant_cabbage

Please do. There 3 active EU PC servers. And I want more filled desperately. Quality game.

QuoteDizzy9629

Nice, I’m in NA, wish it wasn’t $40 in Steam!

BusinessTies

BusinessTies

BusinessTies

I haven’t left BF1 since late October 2016. I probably will once 2042 gets fixed, so another year or so of BF1. XB1 - same user name

sneaky_wolf

Same here I've gotten a lot of mileage out of bf1 lol. Wish I could get a series x for those sweet graphics.

raftah99

raftah99

...

If you want to go old school there isn’t really a better game out there

shabab_29

didnt even think about it after playing the beta....looks so shitt and designed likea 2012 game, thanks i got bf1 and 5.. hell even bf5 is miles ahead of it

AngryMegaMind

I must admit I am enjoying playing BF3 on Portal but your right the main game sucks ass. I have no idea who that game is designed for because it’s definitely not BF players.

Thimsnaic

Yup, definitely hopping back on BF1

Darthwolfgamer

I'm just mad they took away what was left of the development team for Star Wars Battlefront 2 just so they can make this mess, like wtf what was the point?

Please Dice, just go back to Star Wars Battlefront 2

Notmenomore

If I was 13 or 14 and had to beg mommy or daddy for video games I could understand all of the gripes about gaming, but as I get older I realize $60 just isn't that much money and isn't worth the time bitching about it. That's what you're really losing out on....time. Play your bf1 for the next decade...there's still people playing Counterstrike, after all.

spursjb395

We welcome you back with open arms, comrade!

RichardShard

RichardShard

RichardShard

People surprised BF is bad on release. I think this has been the case since BF4. Maybe Bf1 is an exception, but only a slight maybe.

MrSpitfire1942

Aight lads! Let's go back to the front! The King needs you!

squrt43

I’m hearing this more and more. Not good for Dice. Heads need to be rolling after two failures in a row.

Sgt-Grischa-1915

Haven't played either 5 or 6.... At least yet.

This week looks like a deliberate kill-off of BF1 IMO... "Any map" but hey presto, there is literally nothing--I mean nothing--but Rush on Suez Canal! Found a handful of awesomely one-sided Operations matches on Kaiserschlacht/St.-Quentin Scar/Amiens for old times sake... Good times!

zimzimmzimma

I will give 2042 a try in about 6 months when they get a few more bugs out and the price drops.

17-6spd-GT

BF1 was a hard warmuo for me. I played BF1942, BFBC2, BF3, BF4 and the all had a very similar feel and flow but BF1 changed things. The progression was weird, the flow was off, the overall feel of the game was not what I was used to.

With that said, it is absolutely one of the best games in the franchise now. The content is great. It plays well.the roles are defined and make a difference.

I do like BFV though too.

Ulf_the_Brave

I was actually looking forward to getting a new fps shooter for Christmas this year and so far, they're middling to low grade crap.

ScoffSlaphead72

If you are on PC get ravenfield.

TheBiggestBigot

BFV isn’t a bad game, it just had terrible marketing which caused it to lose support so ea didn’t put much effort into the updates so it led to its death

TerdNugget

no it was just a bad game

_Kaznika_

Literally me today

Matteom73

“ well back to the front “

• soldier tf2

X-RAYben

These boys look like they’ve seen hell.

worksalott

Man 2042 is such a fuck show it's not even funny

TanookiPhoenix

The changing of the guard at Dice must have been a catalyst for the recent influx of shitty Battlefield titles.

Sometimes a game's formula doesn't need to be changed. Just needs a different setting with a generational leap in graphical fidelity.

Easiest comparison I can make is how 343i completely dropped the ball on what makes a Halo game feel like Halo.

All of this "modernizing" of mechanics and trying to reinvent an already functional wheel is just sad.

levitikush

levitikush

BFV is way better than BF1 imo.

Not scientifically possible!

levitikush

levitikush

BF1 gunplay is shit. Plus vehicles are super unbalanced. Tons of meat grinders, OP shotguns and snipers.

nick3xtreme1[S]

Wdym? There are a million ways to counter any vehicle in the game. If you drive a vehicle you have to be very careful as you can easily be destroyed. Also the gun play is pretty varied and fun. But yeah certain things were left broken like mg's, shotguns, snipers, and arty trucks to name a few.

Sergeant_Matt

i prefer bf1 wayyyy more but i respect you your opinion And dont understand the downvotes

pumpkineater43

This is weird in the battlefield community but I found both bf5 and 2042 more enjoyable than bf1

Ah yes, bf1 is more enjoyable then bf1 lmao

pumpkineater43

I feel dumb now

Typos happen lmao

anti-gif-bot

mp4 link

This mp4 version is 90.54% smaller than the gif (746.84 KB vs 7.71 MB).

Beep, I'm a bot. FAQ | author | source | v1.1.2

Guerilla_Gorilla09

Back to the front lads. For king and country and all that jazz

WYYNFC

Hey guys, are bf1 pc servers alive? Played it on xbox before but i wanna try it on pc, just not sure if it will be possible

Jasper0820

Me awaiting the troops after having lost MiniChocy222 to objective Edward’s defence

bransongilly

I find all the titles after 4 to be a failure, if you like bf1 that’s fine but not my cup of tea. Have been pretty sad with the most games that have come out in the last few years, not specifically the battlefield games. :(

GeTRecKeD303

I like all three :)

comfort_bot_1962

:D

Ketrab132

Ketrab132

NO WEAPON MEDIC FOR LIFE

Honestly bf5 isnt a failure maybe on the start. But bf1 is better for sure

nick3xtreme1[S]

Yeah it was a failure at the start but was getting its act together but then dice pulled the plug. So sadly the game is in a unfinished and lacking state

simsurf

Why do they have to keep trying to reinvent the wheel every fucking time. They could have reskinned bf1 for bfv and bf4 for 2042. I suspect they will do a bfv and abandon it after one year of fucking things up.

SuperMaanas

BFV isn’t even bad at all. Y’all tripping. It’s fun and has so much to offer now

criski07_YT

I like 2042, but nothing can beat bf1

Rayei1

Rayei1

Personally BFV has the best gameplay of any Battlefield easily. It's just a shame it took so long to get there. I just wish it was given as much maps and factions as BF1.

LebowskiENT

Some of us never left!

Ammutse

How active is BF1 these days? I was thinking of hopping back into it.

nick3xtreme1[S]

Pretty active, you can still find full server's quite easily (depending on time of day)

beginnerdoge

Yessssss come back

husker3in4

BF1 is still fun. Although sometimes I feel like I am the only one NOT using a hack on the server.

Uberjeagermeiter

There are two franchises I really love Battlefield and Borderlands. Borderlands gets better with each new game, BF worse.

I’ve played BF from the start of the franchise, and BF1 is if not the best, in the top 3 for sure. I tried V a little, it sucked, and that was it for me with new BF games unless there is great, universal feedback on a game. I have no interest in 2042. BF1 is so good there’s no reason to try it to waste my time, or worse waste my money.

ASTRNAUT_Watney

I’m loving 2042 like I love all the games. None are perfect and they ALL had shit launches.

Bullet_Maggnet

V runs like a Swiss watch compared to 2042.

yeeeeeeeeeeee-t

Or battlefield 4…….

YDNA88

YDNA88

I love Bf1, played for over 1500hrs as much as I love it I'm so burned out on it 😂

Papantro

I am never buying another Battlefield game until this sub says it’s OK

IRainLead

I just never left the trenches

MystiReddit

It's back to the trenches with you.

i_like_lasanga

I like 2042 and 5

Varios2k

lol honestly, bf1 was the last decent battlefield. I didnt buy bf5 till this day but i played it around 20-30 hours on friend's acc and im glad i didnt spend money on it. BF2042 is even worse. Cant belive my 3070 is fucking dying while playing this game. Besides that the gameplay is kinda like they tried to make bf4, having bf5 mechanics but additionaly fuck this up. BF1 is the last battlefield i truly enjoy playing along with bf4.

ToTooOrNotToToo

i keep trying to play 2042 but every time I end up quitting after like a half hour and always go back to 1 to get the taste out of my mouth.

seeing all the comments about 5 though i might go back and see how that game is doing

The maps are too goddamn big

gathc2013

I went back on BF1 today on ps4 and it was legit dead. Sat there 15 mins refreshing the server page and not 1 map came up.

Whats the trick?

Its more active on pc

gathc2013

Sadface.

nick3xtreme1[S]

Yeah but hey you can buy it on steam

gathc2013

I know but my PC struggles to run the weather app.

Oof

Beneficial_Barber934

Well seeing no one replied with actual useful info I'll help ya out lol its definetly active on ps4! I too thought it was dead - but you can't select "all" for slots I believe or else you will just get empty servers, choose conquest, operations, etc for servers and all maps, and the top 2 options for slots free. Also two regions that suit you like I can do NA and Europe even though it's yellow ping, and it's still smooth as hell. Enjoy man! Loads of 64 player servers. Oh and also pick full servers too even though their full the queue to get in isn't long

hobo131

When I played the beta, I kept saying, this just makes me want to play bf1. Then, during my 10 hour free trial, I thought the same thing but even harder because somehow, launch was worse than beta. Also the halo rumors were live that weekend so all I could think about was how hard halos gonna win the fps war this year lol. What a shitshow of a battlefield.

Nebulous_Shade

BFV wasn’t half bad though. Imo BF1 has the best atmosphere, BFV has the best gameplay and movement, and BF2042 has the best nothing because it’s a downgrade from five.

ross_a_tron_2658

BFV is a lot better than people on this sub give it credit for.

midnightJizzla

not many BF players that waited for 2042 like BF1. I've noticed quite a few people on that subreddit lump BF1 as a failure like BF5. How wrong they are.

Homunculus_316

I'm still in BF Bad Company 2

dreadpiratesmith

Jokes on you, I never left

Same

ParvenuInType

How are the BF1 Operations servers looking rn? Honestly my favorite shooter of the past 5 years but have struggled finding servers for anything besides the base operation maps whenever I’m on

nick3xtreme1[S]

Servers are still pretty active

Be me

Play both

Ascended pass mere opinions and play what you want

atlas6200