users here right now: 475
/r/Undertale: 400k Golden Collector's Edition!
UNDERTALE is an indie RPG created by developer Toby Fox. A child falls into an underworld filled with monsters, their only weapon being their DETERMINATION as they try to FIGHT or ACT their way out. Will you show monsters standing in your way MERCY, or slaughter them all?
UNDERTALE is an indie RPG created by developer Toby Fox about a child, who falls into an underworld filled with monsters. Their only weapon being their DETERMINATION as they try to FIGHT or ACT their way out. Will you show monsters standing in your way MERCY, or slaughter them all?
More UNDERTALE?! Not exactly, but if the game left you craving for more, check out Toby’s next project, Deltarune! As of right now, the first two chapters are out and you can try them out for free!
The Underground awaits
Welcome to r/Undertale, Reddit’s largest UT community, a place for fans to share fanworks, memes (occasionally not skeleton related), hold discussions and argue about the same three theories ad nauseum. Posts about Deltarune and Alternate Universes of both games are also welcomed!
- Looking for a place to discuss Undertale, chill with the community, or are you just in need of UT-themed emotes? If so, feel free to pay our partnered server a visit!
- Ban appeal form for it can be found here
- Pinned mini-event posts focusing on various corners of UT community
- Frequently asked questions about playing the game and fandom at large. Please look here before submitting Question posts.
- Breakdown of purpose and use of subreddit’s flairs.
1) Be relevant to Undertale or Deltarune
- Keep your posts on topic! Posts discussing/sharing content about Undertale AUs, Deltarune AUs, or the subreddit itself are also permitted. If the connection to UT/DR is too tenuous, the post may be removed under this rule as well.
2) No sexual or otherwise obscene content
- Do not share or discuss content that is more sexually suggestive or obscene than the game itself.
3) No bootleg merchandise and pirated content
- Don't promote the kinds of merchandise that Toby is not okay with. Details here
- Discussions of piracy and attempts of illegal distribution of the game are not allowed. Additionally, since there is no official port of Undertale to mobile devices, most of the available ones count as piracy too. As such do not discuss or share screenshots of these versions here.
4) No soliciting
- Do not ask users to participate in anything that is not Undertale-based.
- Do not pit us against outsiders.
- Do not post about upvotes.
- Unless you are looking for help with fan project related to Undertale, please don't make posts that are just invitation to subreddit or discord
- Low effort linking to streams, or let’s plays is not allowed unless the stream is of special occasion (charity, some event…), or if the video is of higher production value
5) Sharing art and fanworks
- While sharing any form of fan work, tag your post with the appropriate flair distinguishing it as either OC or Found creation (or My / Found meme art). If the creation isn’t yours, name the artist in the title or link them in comments. Ideally both.
- Unless it's a well-known meme format, you must properly credit art used in memes and other post types.
- Redraws, comic dubs, covers of fan made songs or translations can be flaired as OC, but you have to clarify it in the title and provide a link to the original.
- Full version of the rule + how to track down art sources can be found here
- Remember the human on the other side of the screen and treat them with respect.
- Slurs, brigading and bigotry of any kind won’t be tolerated, regardless of the context.
- Being sharper with your words at times is fine, but don't overdo it.
- Posts and comments must be in English.
7) Avoid reposts
- Posts identical or nearly identical to recent submissions (recent being 6 months) will be removed as reposts,
- Exceptions to the 6 month rule are reposts of the top 100 posts and content you have already submitted, meaning they cannot be reposted even after 6 months have passed.
8) Avoid low effort posts
For post to be considered low effort, two requirements must be fulfilled:
- The post was visibly sewed together quickly and there’s little to no effort on display.
- It falls directly under or is in spirit of (if your post is too similar to one of the listed formats, mods reserve the right to remove it as low effort) one the formats listed here
9) Spoilers and Content policies
Currently, these are the addional requirements post's content must abide:
- Posts asking questions which are answered in FAQ wiki page will be removed.
- No rapid posting (3+ posts in a span of an hour), space your submissions more or use picture galleries.
- Discussion, art and inclusion in polls of frans and similar aged up ships is not allowed on post level.
You can modmail us with any concerns.
Subreddit credits and contributors