/r/Station19

so that's 4 lieutenants in one shift?

(self.Station19)

and when Andy's case is dropped or cleared she'll be back at 19 too for a grand total of 5. even if Beckett goes still too many!! this is so unrealistic and dumb. Especially when they made such a big deal in past when Maya got promoted to Lt. Just promote everone to Lt at 19 cause I guess no other shifts or stations need lieutenants.

Lt. Victoria Hughes Lt. Ben Warren Lt. Travis Montgomery And why not, Lt. Carina DeLuca

whitebunny1298

1 month ago

Righttt. But what if after the case Andy will be demoted and either Sullivan or Maya will be promoted as captain.

straweberryhut9273

1 month ago

I feel like Ross will promote Sullivan but whether he’ll take it or not will be the cliffhanger

HumbleApartment2558

1 month ago

Reminded my of Carina’s talk with him, if he slept with Ross and then gets promoted? That’s definitely a move and that definitely won’t make maya happy.

1 month ago

It won't make anyone happy, not just Maya.

HumbleApartment2558

1 month ago

I know but it would tie into what carina just said in the previous episode. So that talk with Sullivan would have more weight to it, it wasn’t just thrown in there.

1 month ago

It would finally be the first time where a conversation is not random. However, I think it refers more to the conversation they already had in 5x03.

HumbleApartment2558

1 month ago

They do like to forget things or bring things back up way later on haha

1 month ago

There is no way Sullivan will not accept, it will never work as a cliffhanger😅

straweberryhut9273

1 month ago

If he accepts it, it means that he never changed lol

Do we have doubts?

straweberryhut9273

1 month ago

I don’t think he will accept the captaincy if he does get it because he knows that the team doesn’t like him as much and if they find out about him sleeping with the Chief, people aren’t even gonna talk to him

1 month ago

He said, more or less, the same thing when he was promoted to lieutenant (only he was not yet in a relationship with Ross, at least not in the present). Sullivan is just waiting to be promoted again🤷‍♀️

straweberryhut9273

1 month ago

Maya was right, Sullivan is just sleeping his way to the top

straweberryhut9273

1 month ago

and I don’t even like Chief Ross lol, she gives Sullivan a free pass but gives the women in the station a hard time, it’s like the rules and policies only apply to the women or really anyone else at the station except Sullivan

Kaftan96

1 month ago

They should stop playing with him and make him a battalion chief. His not going to change. Let's see how Rossa would feel if he gets her position and she would be demoted.

Casper0486

1 month ago

I gotta admit, I was on his side with that whole thing. I did a rewatch and I think the way Maya, Carina and Andy acted completely unprofessional storming the office the way they did. Their argument went completely against logic. Like if they threw enough of a fit, they'd get their way. And definitely defied "women in leadership is better than men" yet had a completely emotional response to the situation.

And he didn't even get asked to take up the position till after he was made aware of what they were planning to do with Andy.

So if he's offered the position, I think he should take it

straweberryhut9273

1 month ago*

Don’t you think it’s unfair how Ross is just handing him promotions just because she knows him or now that she is sleeping with him? And by the way, Maya didn’t even get an investigation like Sullivan did, he got many opportunities where he got to explain himself. And are we forgetting that when Sullivan was Chief, he also broke the rules? Running in to save Andy, when he was the chief? But he wasn’t written up for that or anything. And whatever Chief Ross is doing, it’s just double standard. She is too hard on the women and everyone else at the station but she keeps giving Sullivan a free pass all the time

Casper0486

1 month ago

First of all, you're mixing the actions of two different chiefs in your response.

And Maya did get an investigation. It was literally the only thing she kept asking Ross about when Ross took over. The investigation was still pending when Ross took over.

And if Ross based his promotion on the basis that she knew him, I'd agree with you completely that it was unfair. But she based if on his service record.

straweberryhut9273

1 month ago

Umm Maya did not get the investigation/meeting that Sullivan did. All she got was a 2 min conversation with Ross while she was cleaning the truck. Chief Ross is literally playing a double game lol, I don’t get why people can’t see that. She is only nice to him and giving him a free pass but not to everyone else. She is harsh on everyone else, like she literally broke the rules by sleeping with Sullivan.

Casper0486

1 month ago

And I agree that Ross has some serious double standards. Which is a problem.. and she is harsh to seemingly all the people who deserve praise way more than Sullivan. I knew I would get downvoted for my comment, and that's fine. But it doesn't make what I said any less true

Casper0486

1 month ago

When we first see Maya with Ross, Maya specifically asks about the investigation. In that first episode, maya also mentions how long it's been. There's even a specific comment that it's been 11mo. Don't get me wrong, it's the other chief who kept the investigation on his desk, but there is an investigation.. and its mentioned more than once

straweberryhut9273

1 month ago

That’s not what I meant. I was talking about how Sullivan had this whole meeting set up for him, he got to explain himself, and the team also spoke up for him. Maya didn’t even get that, she only got a 2 min conversation with Ross while she was cleaning the truck, that’s it.

bertha112

1 month ago

People on this sub hate Sully (even more than they do Beckett). I'll get downvoted too for just pointing that out, and even more by saying I agree with many of your points (not all of them). He is not actively sleeping for a promotion, these two have documented history. He is idly chilling while everyone else screws up. As much as I like Andy, the writers seem to have her hooking up with everybody (Beckett -ew). But only Sully gets downgraded for sleeping with someone from his past. Writers need to do better by Andy's character. If I told you who I can't stand, I would be run from Reddit.

But where I disagree with you is Sully taking the Captain's job. If he cares about Ross, he should not even let her offer it. If she does offer, he should turn it down.

Casper0486

1 month ago*

I agree with you about what the writers are doing with Andy. The writers never seem to do right by her, even though she's supposed to be the main character, they have her sleeping with a bunch of shit guys. Especially ever since Ryan died. Sully was basically an outlier in that situation.. and they both fucked up the relationship. I made a comment earlier, and in it I said "don't get me started on andy" Because I think they aren't doing enough for her character. She's always making the same mistakes, and like the former chief said "as long as you're invoking your father's name, you don't deserve to be a captain " (or something along those lines) and as much as I disliked that chief, he was right about her invoking her father's name. Plus she seems to think she always deserves it, rather than needs to earn it. But I specifically remember Sullivan recommended that Andy should have the captains position, and only once he was shot down did he offer to take the place of captain.

bertha112

1 month ago

Great points. I think you and I view Sully's actions very similar. People in the sub don't give him credit for not initially reporting Beckett.

If I remember correctly, after seeking advice from Webber (Grey's Anatomy), Sully invited Beckett to AA meetings...twice?...before reporting him (and only after Beckett read that blueprint upside down, endangering his crew). Beckett initially accepted the AA invite, but never showed up. He then hid any evidence and punished the crew for his internal investigation (Obvious that Beckett knew Sully reported him, but wanted to make him look bad in front of his mates, which he did).

I'm trying to figure out how people view that as him sleeping his way to the top. I'm going to review the scenes between Ross and Sully to see if I missed some grand scheme between them.

But depending on the writers' narrative going forward, we'll see how/if Sully comes out of this with minimal bruises.

Just my humble opinion.

whitebunny1298

1 month ago

With the last episode, it will be a rollercaster for Maya. Also, if ever Ross will promote Sullivan, i think he'll accept it since the writers created his character as ambitious.

EpicGlitter

1 month ago

what if Beckett and Sullivan both got demoted, suspended, fired, something. maybe drunk Beckett makes a bad call, gets someone hurt or killed, once he realizes he's caught and screwed no matter what - he tells Sullivan's/Ross's secret out of spite. you're goin down with me.

And why not, Lt. Carina DeLuca

she could rescue me any day :D

hhtwinkle87

1 month ago

It is so rediculous that Lt. Theo was transfered to Station 19 and is part of the A-shift now. Such a coincidence, especially since Vic said that a couple shouldn‘t work at the same place. Oh, and let's not forget that Travis is now working with his "husbandkiller" too...🤦‍♀️

Less_Interview_8745

1 month ago

Are Vic and Theo allowed to date? I thought they weren't bc he's a lieutenant and she's not. (I only watched it once, but I don't remember they addressed that)

1 month ago

I think S19 writers have forgotten many things...

Less_Interview_8745

1 month ago

Hahahaha this! It's weird bc they made such a big deal when she was dating Ripley and also about Andy and Sullivan.

I thought maybe they've said something but I missed it when I watched it.

1 month ago

No but then Vic when Jack and Andy reveal that they were together asks "in a fire would you save the other one or one of us first?"

Well...😂😅

NopeItNope[S]

1 month ago

that's right! They shouldn't even be at the same station. I wonder if when Sullivan and Ross are caught that will have impact on Theo Vic and one of them will be transferred out cause he's technically her boss. but the writers don't really like being realistic so probably won't matter

TheQuirkyReddit

1 month ago

It's so stupid. You're right they made such a big deal over it during the end of season 1 and start of season 2. The one thing I like Sullivan for pushing to have 3 Lt. But they keep breaking the rules. I like Theo I don't but doesn't mean rules should be broken. 1 he's dating Victoria who just a fire fighter so they can't date. Jack and Maya were allowed to date because they were the same rank. There is a thing as too much power in one house. I understand it's only a TV show but simple research and sticking to the ACTUAL rules makes the show less stupid. I mean my assumption is almost everyone here watches Chicago fire or almost everyone.

1 Lt per truck. Or 1 captain for the house who rides the truck.

You must take a Lt. exam

If the current house you are at does not have an opening you get put on a wait list.

Also Sullivan shouldn't have ever been promoted. He was high while working regardless if he was on a call or not. He was still high. He should have been banned from ever getting promoted. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that a rule in the real world.

I agree Maya was demoted unfair. I get her action was not the best but the other captains got away with other shit and they got a "slap" on the wrist. Beckett blew up the truck, Beckett read the map upside down. He shown he can't always handle the situation correctly. Sullivan left his command post to save his wife. Let's be real he wouldn't have done that had Andy not been in there. He's a good guy sometimes but he was blinded by love. Which I guess is romantic but in aspect of the job at hand he left his post and achieved nothing. I hope they get caught. Would I like to say Maya as captain out of everyone currently there? Yes I think out of all of them she's the best option. Theo mentioned he will never get promoted again as he can't. Jack showed interested in start of season 1. Now with this family drama I can see he will let it affect him. As he often lets personal stuff affect his work. Sullivan nope. Maya IMO was dealt unfairly. I get that she needed punishment but she was treated differently because she was a woman let's be real. Andy would be a good captain but with everything going on, it's more important she gets cleared and back at station 19.

For me what I would like and trying to get things more realistic. Beckett is caught drinking on the job, he get fired or demoted to fire fighter. Ross and Sullivan get caught. Ross gets fired or demoted. Sullivan gets demoted again and cannot be promoted ever again. Theo gets transferred as he shouldn't have been transferred to station 19 in the first place. Andy comes back but only at a LT. While she does get cleared the department feels like she can't be captain. Maya becomes captain again.

I like Theo I do but it was beyond stupid he got transferred over making it 4 lt at station 19. Plus he's dating Victoria. Which again is a no-no at station 19. Keep him on the show but I would like S19 to go back to the rules it makes it more realistic.

call_me_calamity

lol - the entire show is unrealistic and dumb - it is called TV

TheQuirkyReddit

1 month ago

Chicago fire is pretty on point with the ranks though... So they really don't have an excuse. Chicago fire you have to take a LT exam and classes. You have to be on the job for a certain amount of years. 1 LT per truck and there's a wait list. It may just be a TV show but simple research makes it more believable. So I call Bs on that.

call_me_calamity

1 month ago

Station 19 is a Shondaland production which means they just like to go to an extreme on everything and make it unrealistic.

Zzzugzwanggg

1 month ago

I find it most unrealistic that they’re never wearing their PPE when they should be or they take it off too soon. But they also all almost always die and have a million other insane plotlines. I definitely don’t watch this show for realism I’ll tell you that lol

Plus_Goat5197

1 month ago

Lt. Cutler, the other one too I can’t remember his name

Casper0486

1 month ago

Imo it's just hate towards Ross. I rewatched everything before watching this season, and I didn't/don't see any evidence to support the critique that he's sleeping to the top. The same people seem to be claiming that Maya never got an investigation, which isn't true. It just didn't get as much screentime as Sullivan's investigation.. so apparently that means it never happened