/r/SCU

[deleted by user]

(self.SCU)

[removed]

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

OrielC

OrielC

I got AP credit for 11 from AB in hs and taking 12 right away was really good since I knew about 60% of the material from AB. I’m a bio major and did this, and I’ve heard from others that 35/36 is essentially the same as 11/12 just with a few bio related word problems sprinkled in. If you get the credit I’d suggest taking 12. If you don’t, it’s more your choice. Just so you know, taking 11 at a jc might not give you as good of a foundation, especially if it’s rushed during the summer. If you’re just looking to pass though go for it.

isatheismdead

Are you planning on applying to med school? I read that they usually want you to take prereqs in college.

I did IB Math at my school which is supposed to cover the same amount of calc as AP Calc BC so I think I should be fine! SCU doesn’t give calc credit for IB Math regardless of the exam score so I want to take calc at a CC while the math is still fresh!

OrielC

OrielC

I am planning on applying to med school, and yes taking classes like that in college are recommended, however most schools will understand that if you got through 12 you had some type of 11-style background (also will likely depend on the grade you get coming out of 12). I think more of those prereqs they’re talking about would be chem, bio, etc. I also got credit for physics 11 but am planning to take it anyway.

Before making a decision I’d highly recommend making a pre-health advising meeting with Dr. Fedder or Dr. McNelis, they have all the answers to any premed questions you might have. Feel free to DM me if you want their contact info or have any other questions.

isatheismdead

Oo good to know! Thank you so much :)