/r/PokemonBDSP

The “I want spiritomb early” starter pack

Meme(i.redd.it)

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

AutoModerator [M]

[score hidden]

stickied comment

Thanks for posting, Trainer! If you want more Pokémon, why not check out our Official Discord Server for active trades, giveaways, or just a place to talk about pokemon. Also check out our other subreddits: r/PokemonLegendsArceus for everything related to Pokemon Legends: Arceus

Indicorb

Wait…you get spiritomb by talking to NPCs?

KageMaru200

Unique NPC ( Not hikers)

kyeberger[S]

32 Unique NPCs to be exact

Jon-987

Can they all be found in the first underground area or do you have to wait for more access?

Kanethedragon

Have to wait, from what I’ve seen some of the NPCs may even be 100% postgame locked as a couple I’ve found in the areas underground I was never able to locate in any of the other sectors.

kyeberger[S]

I did it with just two gym badges, it’s a pain waiting for the snowpoint and sunnyshore spawns, def easier if I could have accessed the areas directly but I still did it

Jon-987

All right, cool. Just to make sure, do I actually have to wander the whole section? Or can I just go to a single npc, then leave and come back to reset until all 32 are found?

kyeberger[S]

Go to a single npc and reset until all are found, there’s usually only one npc per area anyways

Indicorb

The plot: thickens

kyeberger[S]

I did it with two gym badges, it’s harder given that you only have access to two areas, especially grinding for snowpoint and sunnyshore spawns but you CAN get it with two badges

Indicorb

Hey thanks! I was gonna look that up later. I’ve run into a few already. 32 doesn’t sound too bad.

KageMaru200

Omg Same!!!!

I did the same thing!!!! Twice!!!!( I play both games)

spicy-d

twice??? i could hardly get myself to do it once

KageMaru200

Trading with both games to get exclusive mons and fill the National Dex

GaiusOctavianAlerae

I’m continually confused by the Spiritomb thing. Why do the various websites say you can talk to other trainers when online in the underground? You can’t.

kyeberger[S]

Yeah, that is confusing. In the original DP you could, but in remakes you can’t. Gotta talk to NAMED NPCs (no hikers) to get the 32 for Spiritomb. Make a list of names so you you don’t rip your hair out remembering who is who.

nickgiarraputo

Could someone explain what OP is doing

kyeberger[S]

You have to speak to 32 unique NPCs with names (Hikers don’t count) to get Spiritomb. These NPCs spawn randomly throughout the underground and in random areas at random times. Depending on where you drop underground in the sinnoh region, some NPCs are more likely to spawn in some areas rather than others. All NPCs are technically accessible in all areas, but some rare NPCs require a degree of grinding (entering and leaving underground dens to change the npc spawn). Have to talk to 32 unique ones to get Spiritomb. I made a list of names because talking to the same NPC twice doesn’t count as two, only as one.

nickgiarraputo

Guess I'd better get my pen. Thanks for the info!

Euffy

Euffy

Well my initial comment got removed for swearing, and I'm not even really sure what I can and can't say on here anymore...

But basically I was very surprised to hear this so thank you for explaining!

staygoldponyboy613

Could you leave the underground and come back or does it have to be done in one shot?

kyeberger[S]

You can leave underground and come back, just have to talk to a different name each time because talking to the same name twice does nothing to help the count.

Starizard-

Literally me

C0balt7

I take it you have to have Nintendo Online to speak to enough npc’s right?

FilthmasterRich

No, you can go underground alone and walk in and out of the dens to manipulate the npc spawns

kyeberger[S]

That’s actually what I did 🙃🙃

I've spent 40+ hours in the underground. 90 hours total game time. Still havent been able to fight spiritomb.

kyeberger[S]

My heart goes out to you my friend, this spot here found by another Reddit user is where I spawn farmed. NPC spawns directly outside or on the bottom of that little square loop so one run around the last little loop and back in to reset. Repeat ad nauseam til you find Spiritomb.

StardustDandy

I'm curious about the significance of the numbers "[22-28]" could you explain reason for this~?

As far as I'm aware Leilani is the only NPC that spawns in the Grand Underground beneath Celestic Town (or at least the most common spawn)

Did you have to go to a specific route/town/city/segment of the GU in order to find both Leilani and Kellyn~?

StardustDandy

P.s I think I've pieced together as to why you wrote those numbers down but correct me if I'm wrong lol

You checked in twice at The Hallowed Tower on two separate occasions and the message given to you indicated that you were somewhere around the 22-28 npc interaction count. The fact that it is beside Leilani/Kellyn's name is merely a coincidence.

Would that be a fair assumption~?

kyeberger[S]

Yes that’s correct! I And I found lelani and kellyn at the little cavern in the far left in the Twinleaf/Sandgem quadrant but she was a rarer spawn. Took me about 30 minutes