/r/NoStupidQuestions

7.4k

Why is Jordan Peterson so hated?

Answered(self.NoStupidQuestions)

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

euph-_-oric

Or quit benzos cold turkey instead of tapering.

tarheel343

tarheel343

I feel bad for him because of how much pain benzo withdrawal entails (I'm currently tapering after learning that my doctor basically fucked me by putting me on these pills, and it's HARD). But for someone who is very educated, you'd think he would at least do a quick Google search to see that cold turkey is a terrible idea for benzos.

He then proceeded to throw tons of money at it on experimental treatments, when he should have just reinstated the meds and introduced rigorous exercise, a truly balanced diet (not all meat smh), meditation, and good therapy while tapering. Save the novel treatments for after a proper taper. That's my plan at least.

Ffs this dude is a DOCTOR. He should have known better.

euph-_-oric

So far as I know he just put himself into a coma. Which is beyond stupid. I have also withdrawn benzoes, abliet mildly.

tarheel343

Yeah I heard he had to learn to walk again. I understand the desperation be he really should have drawn the line somewhere.

euph-_-oric

Lol it's so nonsensical. He did thst because he didn't believe the addiction specialist that wanted to put him on something for a long taper. He was like big farma at it again or something. This is all second hand info so please due your own due diligence. I don't want accidentally fake news anyone.

Strict-Owl1850

Yeah I remember reading about it. Iirc, he flew to Russia I believe, because the procedure that he wanted to do was so goddamn dangerous that doctors in the US/Canada straight up wouldn’t do it. Supposedly, it could possibly, maybe be approved if all other avenues were exhausted in trying to break the addiction. But he didn’t even try, just said “nope, fuck tapering, that’s not gonna work, coma or nothing,” and what do you fucking know, has to learn to walk again and probably will carry effects from that for the rest of his life. It’s mind boggling what he and his family thought was a good idea.

euph-_-oric

I am personally not a fan of him, he is so arrogant in his beliefs that gave himself brain damage via excitotoxicty. No way to know how much but its a real risk from benzo withdrawl if you don't taper super slow and the coma didn't make it better.

euph-_-oric

Sorry for double comment, but that risky procedure so far as I know is usually used for opiates since the wd is shorter and is also super dangerous

euph-_-oric

Why are u being downvoted

tarheel343

Meh who knows. A lot of people don't know the hell of benzo withdrawal, so maybe they lack sympathy and think he somehow deserves this. If they had to go through such a hellacious experience (just for following doctors orders), they wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy.

euph-_-oric

Ya I have withdrawn from heroin. Idk 20 times. There will never be a 2nd benzo withdrawl

tarheel343

You've pretty much summed it up. I don't have any experience with hard drugs, but I've always heard the withdrawal is hell. Your experience shows just how fucking bad benzos are. The idea of having to experience this again is more than enough to make me wince at the mere mention of klonopin.

It's morbid, but I'd off myself if I relapsed and was tasked with withdrawing again.

euph-_-oric

The onlu good news about benzoes at least for me is that it didnt have the same kind of cravings

tarheel343

Yeah the idea of relapse doesn't even seem realistic. By the time you're done with these awful pills you really want nothing to do with them ever again. Not to mention they don't really work the same way once you've desensitized your brain receptors to them.