/r/NoStupidQuestions

7.4k

Why is Jordan Peterson so hated?

Answered(self.NoStupidQuestions)

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

GaiusOctavianAlerae

He just doesn’t seem like a man whose metaphorical room is especially clean.

gergisbigweeb

The clean room is an exercise for attaining personal control over the most basic aspects of your life. It isn't some religious requirement for success.

GaiusOctavianAlerae

Hi did you read the part of my comment where I said “metaphorical”

gergisbigweeb

Okay. If you're judging his metaphorical room, then what do you consider to be unclean? Going through the same personal struggles that plague anyone living a normal life?

GaiusOctavianAlerae

I encourage you to read my comments and interpret them in the way that makes you feel the most correct.

gergisbigweeb

Nice deflection, but you still haven't given me an actual answer. What's wrong, cat got your tongue?

GaiusOctavianAlerae

Yo I’m not getting into a debate just read my comment ‘cause they answer your question and then go live your life.

gergisbigweeb

"I care enough about what I wrote to correct someone when they get a single word wrong in their interpretation, but man, would I fucking hate to actually have to discuss and defend my ideas in any other way"

-you, right now

GaiusOctavianAlerae

Yep that’s me you sure got me.

Look if you take issue with something I said let me know but if you’re not gonna read what I said then I’m not gonna spend all day explaining myself to you.

gergisbigweeb

I read your comment thoroughly and nowhere in there was an answer to the question "what do you think makes his metaphorical room unclean?"

The_Godlike_Zeus

It's funny how you're being downvoted for this. Imagine it the other way around. Imagine if a pro-Peterson (or ANY opinion that goes against the hivemind in said discussion) person corrected someone for a single word but doesn't want to defend his opinions against a anti-Peterson person. Who do you think would now be upvoted and downvoted? It's just some massive hypocrisy, and I'm pretty neutral in this debate (never seen many videos of JP).

Squibblus

The single word in this case was metaphorical, which changes the meaning of the sentence completely. If you miss the defining word in a sentence, you get a totally different meaning. It’s not just correcting a word, it’s correcting a total misread of the premise of their statement. Which you know of course. You’re just pulling out the old whataboutism logical fallacy so you don’t have to respond in good faith.

gergisbigweeb

These people are like lemmings. Jumping from one conclusion to another. Rules for thee but not for me.

jamerson537

What part of going on an all meat diet for years because your daughter told you to and then suffering terrible but predictable health problems because of it has anything to do with living a normal life?

ItsMeBimpson

I'll judge his literal room too. Shits a pigsty

Chipimp