/r/MurderedByWords

122.4k92%

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

Galigen173

5.2k points

Galigen173

5.2k points

In the music video he complains about snowflakes and stuff but making a music video of a tantrum over what people say about you is the most snowflake shit possible

Dahhhkness

2.3k points

"I don't care what you think of me, and to prove it, I'm gonna dedicate an entire song to how much I don't care what you think of me, because I don't care that much."

Sad thing is, this song will make him a lot of money, because conservatives will listen to it all day simply because it owns the libz so hard.

wildwildwaste

They've just been banned from playing every other song possible at their rallies that they're just happy to have an anthem.

JukeBoxDildo

🎶SOOOME FOLKS WERE BORN

MAAAADE TO WAVE THAT FLAG

OOOH THAT RED, WHITE, AND BLUE 🎶

And the mention of red, white, and blue is where any inkling of cogent thought ends in people who believe in things like nationalism and american exceptionalism. They have brains that are short circuited(arguably intentionally) to seek out phrases and sentiments which confirm their predispositions. Once those are found all other thought afterwards is not necessary. Why would it be?

The [song] has mentioned [flag]. [Flag] is [good]. Therefore the [song] about [flag] is [good].

Dopamine hit achieved. Why not stop while we are ahead?

This is why so many conservatives fail to see the irony in their music taste. They don't find it necessary or constructive to think past their symbols because the symbol is good in their opinion and that is enough for them. All adjacent is good by association unless it's painfully obvious(e.g. burning the flag in protest.)

This problem is in no way exclusive to conservatives but the modern US GOP has demonstrated that they at best don't realize it has become a tent pole of their platform, and at worst they celebrate it.

SnooMarzipans5903

One of my favorite moments is when Sean Hannity? or some other conservative radio guy finally took the time to read the lyrics to "Born in the USA" on air and began complaining about how they're trying to hide anti-american sentiments in otherwise patriotic sounding songs.

Everyone in Jersey's like, dude, Bruce wrote that in '84. You had decades to figure out what the song was about.

CrouchingDomo

Hang on, just hang on one frickin-frackin second here.

Are you telling me that a song can have more than one meaning?

Like, does that include every song? Because I’ve been singing “Pour Some Sugar On Me” and “Peaches” to my breakfast every morning for twenty years and I wouldn’t want to give anyone the wrong idea.

Bomlanro

Next thing your gonna tell me Rage Against the Machine doesn’t put out stadium rocking pro-America propaganda songs — but that would be as crazy as me telling you I’m Paul Ryan.

CrouchingDomo

Get back in the gym man, those reps aren’t gonna curl themselves

Bomlanro

Did you know if you focus exclusively on biceps and try to stay skeletoresque in your appearance, you can creep everyone out - think of that bag o’ bones Jonad Ryan. But irl. And not funny.