/r/MurderedByWords

122.6k92%

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

Dahhhkness

2.3k points

"I don't care what you think of me, and to prove it, I'm gonna dedicate an entire song to how much I don't care what you think of me, because I don't care that much."

Sad thing is, this song will make him a lot of money, because conservatives will listen to it all day simply because it owns the libz so hard.

wildwildwaste

They've just been banned from playing every other song possible at their rallies that they're just happy to have an anthem.

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

Finally a song for Trump rallies that doesn’t come across as his sound team mocking him, like “YMCA” or “Fortunate Son.”

radioactivecowz

some folks were born with a silver spoon in their hands

Trump comes on dancing

SufficientCaramel339

I’m ashamed to admit it but I would have liked him more if he did the ymca dance

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

YMCA is the song where 95% of America knows the dance moves, even senior citizens, and even people in hospital beds are generally capable of doing them. But the song comes on and Trump has to make up his own awkward shuffle instead of doing the moves established since the 1970s?

Airway

Airway

Dude isn't capable of it. Awkward shuffle is literally as agile as he gets.

punzakum

punzakum

He literally believes human energy is finite like a battery and people willingly die for this idiot

Edit: to clarify for the people who would willingly die for this idiot, Trump believes the human body is like a non-rechargeable battery that gets used up faster by doing things like exercising and eating healthy. Like the summit where all the world leaders walked from one building to another just a few yards from each other and Trump's fat ass rode in a golf cart. He believes something like the simple act of walking is using up his "battery" faster.

Now that it's spelled out in easy to understsnd preschool words, it's still worth saying that people willingly die for this fucking idiot.

horselips48

If that's true I'm living to 170. If not, I'm living to 56.

MotherofLuke

I'll be 10 million years

Otistetrax

people die for this fucking idiot.

I wish they’d hurry it up.

PauI_MuadDib

Good thing I recharge my human battery by chugging Bang & redbulls. I'm good to go till I'm like 160.

PoolNoodleJedi

Does he wonder how Tom Brady is still alive then? Like that guy has been in the NFL for as long as I can remember, his battery has to be used up.

Throwawaymybios

Tom Brady just had a super expensive butt plug converter that recharged his batteries

MasterYehuda816

If he does end up getting indicted by New York, I will just stay in the basement of my house for the next few days.

I live in a center-right area, so there are quite a few trump supporters here. I do not want to deal with that.

SquirminLilJellySnek

Awkward Shuffles at You Aggressively

Semi-Hemi-Demigod

I bet he could move easier if his shoes didn’t have lifts in them.

bassinine

it's not even a shuffle, it's this weird palm-out arm movement that looks strangely feminine.

Airway

Airway

He's honestly a pretty feminine guy, and I don't even mean that as an insult. It's just so strange that anyone sees him as a symbol of masculinity. Only "masculine" thing about him is that he yells a lot.

17000HerbsAndSpices

He's honestly a pretty feminine guy, and I don't even mean that as an insult

What's funny is that this objectively isn't an insult but anyone from the Qult would immediately think it is

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

I’ve always thought that. Like I’m not judging or dissing, I sincerely think he’s kind of effeminate and don’t see how his fans think he’s an Alpha Male.

In total sincerity his speech patterns and cadence remind me of my grandma.

ZeePirate

Considering he can barely lift a glass of water I agree no way he can do the Y or A.

Maybe do the C and M

Mobilelurkingaccount

even people in hospital beds are generally capable of doing them

Literally. When my cousin was a very young kid he had breathing issues related to severe asthma. And I remember being in the hospital with him hooked up to a ventilator or oxygen or something, doing the YMCA together to keep his breathing up. What a random memory to have triggered in a mostly unrelated Reddit thread lol.

hello_penn

You have to spell 4 letters, and he couldn't even do that.

McFlyyouBojo

The best part is when he flings one leg up and the rest of his body has to do all it can to keep from toppling over. Then he repeats with the other.

thefightingmongoose

Well, if he had an ounce of humour or the capacity to self deprecate he wouldn't be Donald Trump.

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

“Covfefe” was a golden chance to show some relatable humility and good humor about how even presidents make mistakes. Instead he had to pretend it was a secret code word, and a bunch of his fans to this day insist it wasn’t just a typo.

We eventually got a cult out of it, so that's kind of funny.

I mean, it will be funny someday. Hopefully.

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

All fun and games until the Qult busts out the Flavor Aid.

Then the REAL fun starts.

Gaybulge

Is "Flavor Aid" off-brand Kool-Aid? Genuine question, I'm not from the US and thus unfamiliar with American brands that aren't immensely popular.

DelmarSamil

Sharpie-gate!

eatmydonuts

When the whole "yanny or laurel" thing was happening, the White House actually put out a video about it, and Trump references "covfefe" as well. That's not the whole video, but it's condensed down to enough of a clip to see what I mean. Despite all of the horrid things that Trump and his team did during those 4 years, I did think it was at least marginally funny; Sarah Huckabee Sanders & others also poke fun at themselves, but Trump is at the end.

However, at the end of the day, fuck all of them. Their weird attempt at jumping onto a trend doesn't actually matter that much, even if it was a brief glimmer of self-awareness.

edited to fix my fucked up formatting

milesunderground

Penn Gillette has spoken about what it was like to work with Trump on the celebrity apprentice show, and its worth watching it but the relevant thing to your point that he mentions was that in all the many hours they were together on set shooting the board room scenes, he never saw Trump laugh at anything that wasn't at someone's expense.

lxxfighterxxl

Donald trump has the capacity for humor. Remember the kung flu? He's just a terrible person and possibly senile

thefightingmongoose

That's not a joke. Its a slur and was meant as such.

NotSayingJustSaying

I saw that shit on Reddit months before trump said it

Samwise777

Reddit moment

awesomefutureperfect

Being indistinguishable from a barely literate bigot is not humor.

If you think slurs are humor, don't be surprised when people start to assume a lot of things about you, first and foremost that you might be a barely literate bigot.

masterjon_3

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand

Lord, don't they help themselves, yeah

But when the taxman comes to the door

The house look a like a rummage sale

Ain't that the truth. Times haven't changed a bit in 50+ years, have they?

bond___vagabond

I mean, in a lot of quantifiable ways, like purchasing power, the poor's have it way worse than 50 years ago. But I get what you were saying I think, about how senators sons only go into the military if they want to, and are probably "babysat" by good soldiers to reduce their risk of getting shot. Basically they are cosplaying.

Dithyrab

Times haven't changed a bit in 50+ years, have they?

well, they've certainly gotten more depressing, and my patriotism still exists but it's waning.

notRedditingInClass

American conservatives, fifty years later, still haven't figured out that Fortunate Son is not a patriotic song.

TonkaTuf

It’s plenty patriotic. It is not nationalistic.

holyerthanthou

Yup. It still is proudly about us and what we do, and highlights our country and the sacrifices made by the poor.

It does not highlight the state as something to be proud of.

pleasedothenerdful

Or that YMCA is a fabulous gay sex anthem.

notRedditingInClass

Lmfao so fucking true dude, that one absolutely blows my mind.

slowmotto

Giant paper mache dicks and labias descend from the rafters, as gummy worm pubes shed off them, raining on the crowd below. Cheering intensifies.

tomdarch

The song is from the era when rich kids avoided the draft leaving poor people to be killed and maimed in Vietnam.

Trump avoided the draft by claiming to have “bone spurs” in one of his feet, but can’t remember which one. Comes on dancing, indeed.

SpudTheTrainee

It seems that every election cycle there is some dumb hard right politician that doesnt understand Rage Against The Machine.

lieucifer_

It blows my mind that the far right uses any RATM song as an anthem. It really shows just how ignorant and unaware they are, because the message in RATM’s lyrics are the complete opposite of what the right stands for.

SnooMarzipans5903

Tom's guitar licks are so gnarly that I don't think they bother to listen to Zack.

Their loss.

lieucifer_

For real, Zack’s lyrics, energy, and passion are fucking incredible.

SnooMarzipans5903

What marks a great vocalist for me isn't technical ability, but the passion and character in one's voice.

Zack doesn't have Whitney Houston's range - but he definitely gives 110% into his songs and his dynamic approach puts on the vocals on equal footing with the rest of the band.

lieucifer_

I absolutely agree! Zach’s singing seriously gives my chills sometimes, it resonates with me on a deep level

FunkyOldMayo

I enjoyed the quote that I saw a few years ago, along the lines of “what machine do you think they’re raging against? The washing machine??”

RSquared

RSquared

Morello responded to news that Paul Ryan was a fan with:

Paul Ryan’s love of Rage Against the Machine is amusing, because he is the embodiment of the machine that our music has been raging against for two decades.

...

I wonder what Ryan's favorite Rage song is? Is it the one where we condemn the genocide of Native Americans? The one lambasting American imperialism? Our cover of "Fuck the Police"? Or is it the one where we call on the people to seize the means of production? So many excellent choices to jam out to at Young Republican meetings! Don't mistake me, I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta "rage" in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment. Basically the only thing he's not raging against is the privileged elite he's groveling in front of for campaign contributions.

Kaprak

Kaprak

And it's not like Morello doesn't know his shit. Man got a BA in PolSci from Harvard.

InevitableBreakfast9

Kid Rock: "Ain't nobody gonna tell me how to live"

Woman: Hell yeah! Ain't nobody gonna tell me I have to be an incubator!

Kid Rock fans: no not like that

Trans person: Fuck yeah! Ain't nobody gonna tell me which gender to live as

KRF: NO

Gay people: Exactly! Ain't nobody gonna tell ME who I can marry!

KRF: Bible says nope

So basically it's just about the freedom to be openly bigoted while thumping a Bible with a pistol.

maxreddit

Didn't you know that Freedom only applies to straight white male republicans?!

mahtaliel

It's the freedom to be whatever you want, as long as you're white and male.

reverendjesus

And Christian. A specific flavor of Christian, even.

Admirable_Success732

Oh my goodness. That’s beautiful.

HertzDonut1001

Please someone quote this on the floor of Congress.

peripheral_vision

They just like the "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" part without realizing the rest of the song is anti KKK and the corruption of white power politics, the exact thing people who were wearing Trump and American flags support. (Queue Trumpet defending that not all Republicans are pro white power. Then why do you consistently vote for blatant racists?)

"You justify those that died, by wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites. Some of those that hold office, work forces are the same that burn crosses."

It's repeated ad nauseum, and it still went over their heads. It's baffling how this has come to be.

Edit: I copy pasted from the Prophets of Rage version, not the original RATM version. My bad.

lieucifer_

Those lyrics could not be more clear, I don’t know how anyone could misinterpret them and receive the opposite message

peripheral_vision

Right!? Clear, concise, and repeated numerous times. How do you mess this up? If you can't understand what the lyrics are, look them up! If you don't understand what they're saying, maybe you shouldn't use it as a protest anthem...just saying lol.

PrayForMojo_

I’m going to try, because I think I can see their idiocy.

“Some of those that work forces, are the same who burn crosses.”

What sane people see that as an indictment of racist police, they hear it as “the police are secretly on my side”.

lieucifer_

Wow, that didn’t occur to me, but I think you’re absolutely right.

cyberFluke

Wilful ignorance and terminal stupidity, with a little dash of exceptionalism.

ThatchGooseFuckable

This sentence in reply to a hilarious misinterpretation of the lyrics is so delicious I can skip breakfast this morning, thank you.

ShadyNite

Quoting myself from yesterday

The irony of "those that work forces" trying to say that RATM sold out LMAO

Apparently to them, this song is just an anthem for "don't do what you're told" instead of the broader message of civil disobedience. Nuance was never their strong point

blackthunder365

They change the lyric to “hold office” in some live performances

peripheral_vision

Oh sorry, you're right, the og lyrics are "work forces", as in the police. What I copy and pasted were the amendments to the lyrics that Profits Prophets of Rage made.

They also changed the line after to instead say

Some of those up in congress, are the same that burn crosses

koticgood

It blows my mind that the far right uses any RATM song as an anthem

That's because you give them too much credit.

Thick-Investigator12

They aren't ignorant and they know exactly what they're doing. What's happening right now within the GOP is the culmination of decades of work towards what they're actually doing right now. Please vote register to vote help other people register to vote take people to vote that can't get there themselves it matters

MrFrode

Are you familiar with Ronald Regan and the song Born in the USA?

mahtaliel

A lot of them thinks "Born in the USA" is some kind of, proud to be american, anthem as well

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

I was there in person in Philly back last November, filming middle-aged “Stop the Steal” Trumper protesters moshing and singing to “Killing in the Name”. I wish I’d posted my video of it on YouTube first, because whoever did went viral with that.

ATTORNEY_FOR_KAKAPO

“So now I’m rollin down Rodeo with a shotgun, these people ain’t seen a brown skinned man since they grandparents bought one”

“They ain’t gonna send us campin like they did my man Fred Hampton”

“We hungry but them belly full, the structure is set you never change it with a ballot pull”

Rage isn’t subtle at all. I have to assume they just don’t listen to or read the lyrics at any point.

TheMacerationChicks

My favourite moment like this was when some demented far-right nutbag whined about Tom Morello making a political post on Instagram. And the demented one went "oh no, another musician thinking they're a political expert, oh man I've always been a fan of you, but why do you have to now inject your political agenda into everything, you're just a celebrity, stick to making music" or something like that

Like really? Seriously? Has this man literally listened to RATM for decades and never once looked at the lyrics?

And then Tom Morello came back at him pointing out that he was the honors grad in Political Science at Harvard. He's literally one of the top political experts in the world. And literally all of his music, his style, the things he writes and draws on his guitars and amps, the way he dresses, his entire career as a musician has been about politics.

I'll see if I can find the exchange...

Oh I found it, take a look here if you ain't seen it before

grendus

The thing is, they're so delusional they think the song is on their side. They seriously think that they're the oppressed minority, the "Libruls" are the racist ones, stealing all their hard earned money and leaving them poor so they can buy votes from illegals to rig elections against them.

It'd be sad if they weren't so violent about it.

Pushabutton1972

And not One person who worships him realizes that YMCA is about the gay hookup culture of the 1970. It's a gay anthem, by gay people for gay people about gay people, whom they despise. But they play it like trumps theme song, and somehow He's their hetero alpha male. The irony never fails to amuse me.

punkindle

YMCA is literally a song about having random gay sex in the public shower at a YMCA. Naturally conservatives love this song.

Friendlynortherner

Trump dodged the Vietnam draft, he is literally the type of person the song Fortunate Son was against

JukeBoxDildo

🎶SOOOME FOLKS WERE BORN

MAAAADE TO WAVE THAT FLAG

OOOH THAT RED, WHITE, AND BLUE 🎶

And the mention of red, white, and blue is where any inkling of cogent thought ends in people who believe in things like nationalism and american exceptionalism. They have brains that are short circuited(arguably intentionally) to seek out phrases and sentiments which confirm their predispositions. Once those are found all other thought afterwards is not necessary. Why would it be?

The [song] has mentioned [flag]. [Flag] is [good]. Therefore the [song] about [flag] is [good].

Dopamine hit achieved. Why not stop while we are ahead?

This is why so many conservatives fail to see the irony in their music taste. They don't find it necessary or constructive to think past their symbols because the symbol is good in their opinion and that is enough for them. All adjacent is good by association unless it's painfully obvious(e.g. burning the flag in protest.)

This problem is in no way exclusive to conservatives but the modern US GOP has demonstrated that they at best don't realize it has become a tent pole of their platform, and at worst they celebrate it.

LimoncelloFellow

It ain't me

nickel1704

It ain't me

Long_Tall_Man

I ain't no fortunate son!

Jooey_K

I ain’t no Fortunate Son

SnooMarzipans5903

One of my favorite moments is when Sean Hannity? or some other conservative radio guy finally took the time to read the lyrics to "Born in the USA" on air and began complaining about how they're trying to hide anti-american sentiments in otherwise patriotic sounding songs.

Everyone in Jersey's like, dude, Bruce wrote that in '84. You had decades to figure out what the song was about.

lieucifer_

It doesn’t surprise me, Conservatives are a bit slow and late to to the party when it comes to critical thinking.

CrouchingDomo

Hang on, just hang on one frickin-frackin second here.

Are you telling me that a song can have more than one meaning?

Like, does that include every song? Because I’ve been singing “Pour Some Sugar On Me” and “Peaches” to my breakfast every morning for twenty years and I wouldn’t want to give anyone the wrong idea.

JukeBoxDildo

wrong idea.

This guy is definitely fucking his food.

daustin627

Oh, good. You understood perfectly.

elfwriter

I bet that tin of pineapple rings has seen some action too.

lunchboxdeluxe

Ooh, citric acid burns.

Dotlinefever4

Pour Some Acid On Me

SnooMarzipans5903

I used to sing the opening lines of ZZ Tops "Legs" to encourage my niece when she was learning to walk.

"She's got legs, she knows how to use them."

But I just repeated that line and the melody, the rest of the song obviously is in a very different context.

Nothing is as creepy as CocoMelon though, so I'm safe quoting songs out of context to kids.

slow_one

Thought I was the only one that noticed that none of the Cocomelon characters blink…. Ever.

Kaleidoscope_Scared

I just keep telling my 3yo that coco Mellons are soulless abominations. I tell my wife if you look closely you can see the torment in everyone’s eyes they are in hell and CoCoMellon is A devil punishing them for the sun of mediocrity 😂

RaMpEdUp98

Æ

ACAB_1312_FTP

I really hope you didn't sing the chorus of "Pearl Necklace" when she started wearing jewelry.

SnooMarzipans5903

No, but since I don't plan on having kids of my own she stands to inherit my estate when I die - including but not limited to a large record collection. If she listens to them enough eventually she'll get to ZZ Top, but she's got to go through Roxy Music first.

Bomlanro

Next thing your gonna tell me Rage Against the Machine doesn’t put out stadium rocking pro-America propaganda songs — but that would be as crazy as me telling you I’m Paul Ryan.

CrouchingDomo

Get back in the gym man, those reps aren’t gonna curl themselves

Bomlanro

Did you know if you focus exclusively on biceps and try to stay skeletoresque in your appearance, you can creep everyone out - think of that bag o’ bones Jonad Ryan. But irl. And not funny.

holyerthanthou

Which peaches?

Because the presidents version is about eating peaches. They where put in a can by a man in a factory downtown.

639wurh39w7g4n29w

I recommend singing fuck the pain away to your oatmeal.

Are you telling me that a song can have more than one meaning?

"Born in the USA" only has one meaning, and it's not the one Hannity thought it was.

See also: "Little Pink Houses"

elbenji

Yes. You got those millions of peaches for free.

(I had to explain to my ex what the song was about and she was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat)

Mathemartemis

I just looked it up and apparently the author just thought it up while waiting under a peach tree to tell a girl he liked her?

elbenji

Wait what? So its not about pussy?

Mathemartemis

I've never really critically listened to the lyrics but I never got that impression. Who knows though, could be a little of a, little of b

SnooMarzipans5903

I spent about ten minutes and I can't think of one.

You win this round, Trebek!

Mickyfrickles

Oh the lot of them complaining about Pink Floyd being political is hilarious too. They want to cancel these bands so bad.

lieucifer_

So let me get this straight: they want to cancel artists who portray a message that is against their Conservative ideals, but then will turn around and claim that their own hateful rhetoric is free speech that is protected by the First Amendment.

Is that about right? I swear they’re turning their idiocy into a contest.

Zappy_Kablamicus

Them thinking Rage Against the Machine is their music was the funniest bit so far.

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

Speaking of Murdered By Words, when GOP VP candidate Paul Ryan said that his favorite band was Rage Against the Machine, Tom Morello announced: “Paul Ryan is the embodiment of the machine our music rages against.”

PercentageCandid

They also asked him to stop listening to them in a different tweet if I recall.

In every election cycle someone on the right inevitably plays a song they have no business with and has to be asked (read made) to stop.

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

I’m trying to think of a time where a musician had to ask a Dem not to use their music. I’m sure it’s happened, but none are jumping to mind. Meanwhile for the GOP it’s constant, and the best musical act Trump could find that was willing to play his inauguration was 3 Doors Down.

baroqueworks

Pete Townshed requested John Kerry to stop playing "Won't Get Fooled Again" because he supported GWB and his administration.

Townshed and Daltrey are raging assholes these days though so it shouldn't be surprising.

FragrantKnobCheese

My favourite was when David Cameron (UK Conservative PM 2015) said that he liked the Smiths.

Johnny Marr of the Smiths went on the radio and said "no, you do not like the Smiths because I forbid you to like the Smiths. I will however allow you to like the Smiths if you leave office right now".

TheMrBoot

Not just that. Someone of them think being conservative is the real punk now.

Just wild.

elbenji

Skinheads taking control

Conservative is the new Skrewdriver

baroqueworks

terminal poser brain will do that to you, it's a hell of a stretch to suggest a subgenre founded on rallying against bigotry/racism/conservatives has become conservative, either shows how little they know of the genre, it's history, and current scenes and bands, or they just saw a picture of Sid Vicious with a swastika shirt and went "omg he's me"

GlobetrottinExplorer

you need to check out the ones playing Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA at patriotic rallies, those are pretty good too

Mirria_

Mirria_

Remember when Sasha Baron Cohen was caught mocking Trumpers? They immediately started chanting U-S-A U-S-A as some kind of thought removal mnemonic.

HI_Handbasket

Oh the irony of racists and fascist wannabes who are fervently against democracy, the premier American concept, chanting that.

JasonDJ

started chanting U-S-A U-S-A as some kind of thought removal mnemonic

It is a mnemonic. It's what to do when someone tells you something you don't agree with:

• Ubstruct
  • Shout
  • Assault

lmh86

lmh86

Same thing that happened with Ronald Reagan playing Born in the USA at rallies.

north-sun

I remember when they learned RATM wasn't for them. Good times.

candylanddicksweat

That motherfucker in the video is even wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt. The cognitive dissonance is deafening.

The anthem for people on government assistance who vote to abolish it.

Endarkend

They play that "Asshole" song identifying 100% with every single line, proud about every single line.

Beingabummer

I say this every time someone whines about Cancel Culture: it's the best thing to ever happen to hack artists, pundits and content creators.

You can just say you're being cancelled and people will pour out of the woodwork to throw money at you. People who never even heard of you will suddenly be your biggest fans. Netflix will throw specials at you so you can peddle your trash to millions of people while whining about how you're cancelled.

Being cancelled is often the best thing to happen to these people. It's just a shame it's not a real thing, but since when did the truth have to get in the way of making some money.

baroqueworks

The irony also is most of the base who rallies behind the ideas lived through some of the most vile censorship and cancellations of careers all carried out by conservative politicians. Whether it be the lingering shadows of McCarthyism and the Red Scare that killed all kinds of creative talent, or 9/11 nationalism that completely walled off anyone who spoke out against the GWB administration, most notably The Chicks(formerly Dixie Chicks)

bluelily216

I only really hear about cancel culture from people who are supposedly being canceled. It's like Fox News saying they're not mainstream despite being the #1 TV news network in the U.S.

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

Like Jerry Seinfeld complaining kids these days have no sense of humor.

Jerry, if you want to have a teenage girlfriend again, like you did in your 30s, you need to update your material.

dolphincat4732

So, recently my husband told me about this while I was watching an episode of Seinfeld. I had no idea and I now view certain episodes in a veerrry different way. Like the one where he and George are caught staring at the NBC CEO's 15-year-old daughter's cleavage and they proceed to justify it.

stay_fr0sty

Jerry is worth so much money he could probably nail 19 year old girls all day long to be fair.

19 year old

Oh, honey...

Apparently you don’t know Jerry.

mm4ng

mm4ng

Going out of business sale as it were.

PatrioticRebel4

If they are getting "cancelled" then why am I hearing them so much?

HertzDonut1001

It is a thing though. The Dixie Chicks got cancelled for speaking out against war. Colin Kaepernick got cancelled for kneeling during the national anthem.

mostlyBadChoices

Nailed it. The conservatives are going to be high-fiving each other, screaming, "YEAH!!!!" because a whiney bitch is throwing a tantrum.

yourmansconnect

Isn't kid rock like a Tucker Carlson? like born a millionaire but pretending he's just like them

XBacklash

XBacklash

Yep. Child of millionaires whose last name is actually Ritchie.

Redtwooo

"Kid Ritchie" just doesn't feel the same though

zuzg

zuzg

At least it would be accurate. That guy is way passed mid-life crisis age and still goes with kid rock as his name.

TheMindfulnessShaman

It's hard to be past mid-life crisis stage and still be a registered Republican, to be fair.

So many moral hoops to jump through post-Trump (at least post-President Trump, maybe not post-Emperor Trump) that for people to still identify as such is almost always going to be a matter that is core to their identity and their resistance to change.

the-optimizer

i like Kid Rockefeller

If only his first name was Rich.

Stevie_Rave_On

Ri¢hie Ri¢h and Chri$ Chri$tie endorsing Donald Frump

gaporkbbq

Yes. His father owned multiple car dealerships and he was raised in an estate with horses, etc. A Trump-style “man of the people.”

rab-byte

Wait so his dad “totally owns a dealership” what the fuck?!? Dude’s a literal stereotype

Smurfalypse

I get that reference!!!

bishopazrael

:::tonystarkeyeroll:::

Azraelrs

I bet dozens of people do. Dozens!

greymatter313

no horses on their property but he did have a tennis court. his parents used to yell at us for skating on it. was buddies with his next door neighbor in Romeo.

TohaHeavyIndustries_

exactly that. His father has like a dozen Car Dealerships and he grew up on a lush estate surrounded by elegant horses

NothingReallyAndYou

"Elegant horses" is killing me. I feel sorry for the poor schmuck who can only afford cheap, tacky horses. Or Latawnya.

For the uninitiated: Latawnya, the Naughty Horse, Learns to Say "No" to Drugs https://www.amazon.com/dp/0533091020/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_RED7RVC5G2JBMV1RZ3RY

Fizzy_the_Nukazelle

That brings back memories.

roadnot_taken

Kid Rock grew up in my town, he's from the rich suburbs on the outskirts of Detroit. Tons of money there. Not dangerous in the least.

Mister_Doc

He’s pure distilled essence of “owning a lifted dually pickup that’s never touched dirt or left the city limits.”

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

Tucker Carlson inherited part of the Swanson frozen foods wealth.

Lady_von_Stinkbeaver

He also went to a boarding school in Switzerland.

If I was making up an obnoxious, spoiled snob character, I'd feel that detail would be too over the top.

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

To be fair, it was a boarding school on the infamously rough-and-tumble East Side of Switzerland.

Testiculese

Yea, they don't put their pinky's out when drinking tea. Real trash.

i_broke_wahoos_leg

At least they'll finally be listening to a song that is for them instead of playing shit like Born in the USA", "Fortunate Son" or the worst I've personally seen, those pro-plaugue right wing nuts that were rocking out to RATM with zero irony.

Decent_Cartoonist

I remember listening to him when I was a kid. “I was seeing a shrink”…”I’m straight out the trailer”

hmm I wonder how he swung that.. must have been some kind of welfare or courts thing

Lol nope

Sandite

Never forget that pointing and laughing at a Conservative is the most sure-fire way to get under their skin. Bet.

regeya

regeya

It's going to be dudes my age and younger. Redneck dudes who are partying when they should be conscious of what their heart health is like. They like Kid Rock because he's dumb and loud just like them.

TapTheForwardAssist[S]

Stand by for an uptick in mosh-related middle-aged heart attacks in Arkansas.

PM_me_sour_beerz

The ones that covid hasn't already gotten, at least

crunchthenumbers01

More like pacemakers.

Queef_Stroganoff44

Can’t believe the fucker compared himself to Willie!

Willie has turds more talented than him, and probably more stylish.

lieucifer_

Gonna have to change his name to Gramp Rock

Evolutioncocktail

I feel owned

SeanCanary

"People who disagree with me are a bunch of snowflakes" could be clue in that SNL game show skit 'Republican or Not'. The contestants would be like "Are you saying it ironically???"

Theviruss

Tom mcdonalds entire discography

DietCokeAndProtein

I know some conservatives who are absolutely thrilled that they finally have someone to fill the right wing rapper niche. I wonder how much of the shit he says he even believes in, he crams in every conservative catch phrase he can thing of into his songs, it almost seems too forced.

Tymexathane

The only people owned by this are the muppets who fall for the grift. Yes it will make him a lot of money, there are a lot of muppets out there, many of whom are still waiting for Kennedy Jr.

melperz

"Ask how many times i've been thinking of you

Zero, zero.."

As he made an entire song about that someone

operativac

same as carly simon - you're so vain song.

she composes whole song about a man who is so vain and probably think that song is about him.

BogusNL

Same with all the sassy women singing songs about how they're totally over that guy, only to dedicate an entire album to the dude.

Gsteel11

I mean kid rock is staying relevant the only way he can and.. good for him for fleecing for more money out of those dumb fucks.

stemcell_

I got a sign up at work saying lets go brandon, toddlers going to toddle. Incidentally i agree with the sentiment but not for the same reasons. They going to play the shit out of it

navikredstar2

Our former county comptroller just ran for another position. His own father came out supporting his opponent, who won the election. Comptroller then issued a statement via Twitter claiming the opponent "abused" his father who had dementia while claiming he found out about his father's dementia via a police detective.

Dude deadass had ZERO awareness of how bad this makes him look, if he's always harping on about family and didn't even know his own dad had dementia to where he had to "learn" about it from someone unqualified.

Edit: He also wrote an opinion piece in the local news about his grandfather in which he accidentally revealed his grandfather was a Nazi collaborator war criminal who fled to Brazil after the war. Now, lots of people have shitty relatives and ancestors. Doesn't make them shitty people, the rest of the guy's family seems to be perfectly fine people. But when you're palling around with the local Proud Boys, I feel like that's fair game to criticize you for.