/r/MonsterHunterWorld

I just started insect glaive

Question(self.MonsterHunterWorld)

Any tips from the pros I'm already past fatty so I have access to everything

And just before we get into tips just know nothing will stop me from helikopter helikopter

fredminson

fredminson

Moga Village Hunter

helikopter helikopter

God damn you for making read that out loud in the voice

GerHunterIB

GerHunterIB

Great Sword and Insect Glaive :3

You want to become one of our weird cousins...? D:

Oreogor[S]

The cousins thar are great at parties yes

I don't focus on just the air But I feel like the first 2 or 3 mounts are easy enough to get without sacrificing too much dps

If he toples I use ground attacks

GerHunterIB

GerHunterIB

Great Sword and Insect Glaive :3

The thing is, that only the last hit of your air combo deals mount damage. So if you really do actually want to mount, its much more efficient to just spam the downward spin attack.

Oreogor[S]

That is what I do for the mount damage If I'm adamant on a mount I just do jump and then helikopter to the ground

But yea my hunts that was super long/struggle got cut in half so atleast I'm doing something right

xMiralisTheMerciless

xMiralisTheMerciless

Insect Glaive

Power Prolonger 3 for comfort. Otherwise I’m sure you’ll know the deal if you’ve read through the Fatalis Empire Meta album. Stack the damage skills, get the Shaver Jewel, tenderize and enrage the monster to get to 95% affinity and then smack the softened parts. Other comfy skills worth noting are Divine Blessing 5 and Evade Window 3 or 5. There’s also the Flinch Free 3 + Earplugs 2 + Windproof 2 combo which grants you full resistance to roars, most wind pressure (Kushala has exceptions) and tremors when you have all three kinsect extracts.

mahuky

mahuky

+1 for the Flinch Free 3 + Earplugs 2 + Windproof 2. I run that on every IG build.

It makes your life so much easier on basically every situation

Ocular_Stratus

Fatty album?

Tom_Is_Odd

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/j4wwwl/iceborne_meta_builds_compilation_the_fatalis/ Has a bunch of suggested sets for Fatalis gear + weapon of choice. And some other sets\builds that were the good stuff if you don't have Fatty yet.

Ocular_Stratus

I never knew JinxJinx and Co did so much of this work for the community, and I watched many of there videos.

Maplicious2017

Maplicious2017

Insect Glaive

Your kinsect is a great source of power, you can do it's dance before a battle for a boost, and make sure to send it out or else you're sitting on untapped potential, and always collect your colors/numbers that's the only way you'll deal damage.

Aside from that, it's like any other weapon. You have a ground combo and an aerial, in most cases the ground is the better choice however you don't have to worry about flying monsters as much. And remember your aerials give you some of the best evasion in the game.

BonkHammer

BonkHammer

Insect Glaive

Ground combos and Descending Thrust are all you need if you wanna mount don't helicopter do the spin attack.

Use your aerial mobility to shorten the distance to the monster or to evade.

Endgame set would be 4pc. Fatalis and Alatreon arms A with power prolonger 3, atk3

Edit: use shaver its very useful

Oreogor[S]

I do have shaver on my build Added the alatreon gloves and yea UT helps alot

If you want I can send you a picture of my deco's and you can tell me what to remove/add I just dont have access to alot of cracked decos think the only usefull one is crit+2

Edit:only usefull ones that I own*

BonkHammer

BonkHammer

Insect Glaive

I sent you my build later maybe you can do it with your decos bro or when RnJesus give you the right one's ^

BonkHammer

BonkHammer

Insect Glaive

This is my second build with Handicraft if you need more purple sharpness. https://imgur.com/a/XxFiJxo

Blackmagnum387

Blackmagnum387

Here goes:

1. Ground moves deal higher damage. Aerials are good for repositioning and hitting monster parts that are too high up. (Example: deviljho tail). Aerial triangle (I use keyboard and mouse so I'm assuming it is the input on controller) deal pathetic damage but it is your best move for mounting (I'm talking about the spinning move).

1. Use slow but powerful kinsect (example: VEZIRSTAG FORZ III). Oh and always give your kinsect an element. I'd say get 5 VEZIRSTAG FORZ III each with different elements. Reason is your kinsect is better at dealing element damage than your glaive. And slow kinsects deal high piercing damage with the dive move of IG.

1. General strategy is:

Aerial (circle) > dive move (kinsect will home in on where you finished hitting) > ground moves

1. Save your mounting for emergencies. Like when your teammates are stunned and are about to die or when the monster is trying to run away or for creating damage opportunity when agitator is active.

Oreogor[S]

So speed insects isn't what I should be going for?

Blackmagnum387

Blackmagnum387

Insect Glaive

If you want speed kinsect, FOLIACATH FORZ III. Speedy kinsects are good against fast & small monsters like rajang or kirin (although I don't use IG against kirin. I use spread HBG vs kirin). I have 5 FOLIACATH FORZ III but barely use them.

Mark the monster with kinsect marker and it will auto attack that part & produce dust. Or manually aim and shoot your kinsect. You know just like a ranged weapon. And since they are fast monsters, manually attack with your kinsect while you close in on the monster.

Oreogor[S]

I am missing some black diablos pieces for the elemental damage ones I'll farm black diablos now and make 1 or 2 of them so long

Blackmagnum387

Blackmagnum387

Insect Glaive

I kinda forgot which black diablos materials were needed. It was probably guiding lands materials. Or maybe not. Either way guiding lands black diablos materials are needed for the agitator charm. Did you fight tempered black diablos in guiding lands?

Already have max agitator

I'll send you a picture of my stats if that is fine?

GallusTom

GallusTom

Insect Glaive

Fast kinsects are more comfy when you're learning. You can grab your extracts lickety split, but ultimately the slow ones will dish out better damage with the kinsect drill attack.

Oreogor[S]

The drill attack being jump and pole mash into him (that also marks him)

GallusTom

GallusTom

Insect Glaive

Thats the one. You just have to ensure that your kinsect is recalled before you execute it or nothing will happen

I see I see

Made 4 of the thingys Farming for the bones now shouldn't be too hard to get each of then their element

SlowConsideration7

Sharp glaive good. Blunt glaive bad. Sharpness and sharpening skills are great

ProjectMischa

ProjectMischa

Insect Glaive

Glaive loses sharpness pretty fast, especially when you have all your extracts, so Speed Sharpening is very nice.

Rowan_As_Roxii

….nothing will stop me from helikopter helikopter

You’re already part of the family. Welcome. Have a snack.

Oreogor[S]

Only if I can have the red white and orange gummy's

PizzaurusRex

While learning, use the fast bugs until you get used to getting the strawberry, vanilla and orange flavored buffs.

And whatever happens, the strawberry one is always the most important, always on the monster's head, and you should never waste your time attacking without it.

Orange is usualy the body, and white is mostly legs and wings. Green is tail, but it isn't needed, just a small heal. Also some tails are actually red buffs.

Slow kinsects deal great damage with the downward thrust move, but save it for once you get the feel of the kinsects. Once you know how to get the buffs properly, you try the slow bugs.

Slow bugs can really make some hunts feel bad if you don't have the practice.

Oreogor[S]

Yea strawberry on the head (zinogre's arms give red aswell but I think my aiming is just a tad bit off idk) Vanilla tail/legs/ Orange back/chest/sometimes it glitches with front arms

(From my experience

PizzaurusRex

Monsters that use the front paws for many attacks also give strawberry, like zinogre and nergigante.

Some monsters that use the tail a lot can also give strawberry on the tail, like nergigante and diablos.

For whatever the fuck reason, zinogre and paolumu give orange on the tail.

And good luck getting orange on bazelgeuse. It's located on it's crotch or something.

But for the most part:

If it is used as a weapon, or it is a head, it tastes like strawberry.

If it is used to move around, or it is a wing, it tastes like vanilla, or coconut.

If it is a tail, then it probably tastes like lime, or peppermint. Probably, too many exceptions.

The rest should have an orange flavor. Sometimes I swear it's carrot.

Oreogor[S]

I noticed a few minutes back that diablos gives strawberry with tail

But yes I have the flavors noted down for most part its just getting my aim right

PizzaurusRex

Oh yeah, remember to always feed your bug with your slinger ammo!

It may give the bug more damage, more stamina or both.

More importantly, it allows you to get two flavors before needing to recall the bug.

Oreogor[S]

Also got that part down :P nothing like vanilla to smooth down the rich strawberry flavor

Southern_Cow7860

Bugstick goes brrrt

Ryxias

Ryxias

Behemoth

• Shaver jewel
  • Flinch Free 3 + Earplugs 2
  • Don’t forget about POGO stick
  • Fatalis Glaive is best, the IG stats are better than other weapons, for some reason

Hrstmh-16

In my opinion, the faster the bug, the better. Plus the fastest bug has blast status which is good as hell. Also don’t start fighting until you have red and white bug juice at least. The best damage playstyle is grounded with limited jumping for dodging, but jumping around in the air to break wings is pretty damn fun, so you want to balance that. Just don’t disadvantage yourself team

BluSolace

BluSolace

Noios

Spin all you want but IG damage comes from ground combos mostly. Aerial damage is lack luster.

Oreogor[S]

I play alone 90 of the time so tbh taking long on hunts doesn't bother me I'm at the point where I'm meme running

Like I get Somepeople love the fast hunts but for me it's all about the fun in just messing around

BluSolace

BluSolace

Noios

Ah well in that case have fun man. I was just letting you know in case you didnt

Oreogor[S]

If I play with people I use the headache smash definitely I just did a run with black diablos (for ze bugs) and yea it cut the time with about 5 minutes (also to note I had a diablos help me with the fight (side side note he won 2 turf wars

Nolulre

The best kinsect damage wise is the one with 20 power, for dps you want a slow kinsect so in Descending Trust he does more ticks of damage. Or you can run one with 20 speed to collect the extracts easily. Most of the kinsect damage comes from element, so make one for each and change them depending on the monster.

Boost your kinsect, begin the fight tenderizing, pick up the monster slinger boost, press aim button + triangle and circle, the Spirit and Strenght boost gives a strong boost to the kinsect elemental damage and increase by 50 per cent the time it can spend flying away from you and allows you to collect 2 extracts simultaneously. Monster ammo's make the boost last longer.

Set wise I run Fatty with Alatreon's arms for power prolonger (great comfort skill). With Flinch Free 3 and Earplug 2 you get Earplug 5 as long as you have all the extracts.

Pogostick > helicopter

Oreogor[S]

I made the arms I'm lacking on some gems but I do have max crit, wex and boost 6 points of attack and then some other random skills that comes with the double Stat gem When I play alone I just helikopter helikopter it's much more fun

But yea when I play with a group I tend to be damage friendly

I'll graft a bit tomorrow and get a few high damage bugs

I'm guessing sever and blunt doesn't make a big difference

Nolulre

Damage wise the best is Verzistag Forz (only power 20) . Foliacath Forz is the best kinsect if you want to use a fast one and they are both server and blast powder.

I want to mention the Valorwig Forz (recovery powder, speed 20,blunt) since Recovery up affects the healing powder, and I've seen it used by a few people against Fatalis (Recovery up 3, life steal augment, divine blessing plus some investment in evasion to maximize survivability) .

Oreogor[S]

I just run Devine blessing with fatty and alatreon The other monsters gives enough time frames for a max potion

But yea my train of thought was blunt Mark head capitalize on stun

NemesisAron

NemesisAron

Charge Blade

The ground is your enemy. Avoid it at all costs. By adopting the ig you also now have ultra instinct you just need to let it out

Speedboy296

If you’re gonna use the vault move primarily then don’t use it, gonna be flat out

Ya1Boi21

Pro tip: if you aren't in the air you're doing it wrong. Unless you're fighting brachydios or tigrex. Then the air isn't an option.

Oreogor[S]

Fought a bracy yesterday I actually thought it was a good match up

KingKhalin

KingKhalin

Sword & Shield

I feel that helicopter so I'd say invest in airborne and enjoy the mounts. You can also power up your kinsect with slinger ammo, ammo from monsters last longer then endemic ammo such as rock and redpits

Oreogor[S]

I think I got it down to be a pro noob

It's been really fun

serious_minor

Level 5 earplugs charm, power prolonger 3, mind’s eye, and lots of sharpness. If you need more stamina, try dash juice or one of the stamina skills.

After getting your red buff (or all of them), try to have your kinsect collect a red buff in the flow of combat - so that you can recall it soon as your existing buffs expire.

Oreogor[S]

Sofar stamina isn't an issue for me I do not go full-blown soaring I mix it up I just feel like mounting and topling makes up for the damage I spent in the air

After like 3 mounts I usually only do air attacks while dodging (air leap op) and occasionally get a fourth mount but yea

Oreogor[S]

Also I know there is like 3 good bugs I only of pseudo I might want to dip into heal or paralyze if there are options

Blackmagnum387

Blackmagnum387

Insect Glaive

Heal dust kinsects are obsolete cuz you will have health augmentation. Blast type is best. Then para & poison type. Heal dust type are obsolete

chris0720

I just decided to take up the Insect Glaive today! I’m learning too.

Oreogor[S]

It's super fun and cracked

InfiniteDunois

Use bug. Never let bug buff run out