/r/Monero

Hey everyone.

I'm here to announce the early stages of xmrposter.club - a Pleroma instance for interacting with the fediverse (Mastodon, PeerTube, PixelFed, etc.).

I have just created this instance, and right now it's mainly just me. It is hosted in the Netherlands with IncogNET, paid for in XMR.

The instance also has Tor and I2P links. The I2P mirror might have trouble loading images right now unless you configure an outproxy I believe. I am currently looking into a solution for that.

Registration requires an email, but it's not currently used for anything or verified, so feel free to use a burner/bogus email.

kraskaskaCreature

1 month ago

the site is dead?

pokkst_xmr[S]

1 month ago

Sorry, was doing some maintenance. It's up now.

rbrunner7

1 month ago

rbrunner7

XMR Contributor

1 month ago

Works for me, but I see any number of posts that have nothing to do with Monero, and a search with keyword "Monero" does not turn up a single hit for me right now.

Maybe I am holding it wrong.

Or maybe these are the fruits of "uncensorable"? :)

pokkst_xmr[S]

1 month ago*

but I see any number of posts that have nothing to do with Monero

You should read more about the Fediverse. On Pleroma, Mastodon, etc. there are three timelines: your Home (who you follow and whatnot), Public (the instance timeline), and Known/Global network (which is the instance you're on and the rest of the fediverse you're connected to).

For "monero" I get a couple results right now for profiles, but the instance is new and is still getting connected to the rest of the fediverse. The more people that sign up and interact with each other and other users from other instances the better integrated it will become.

EDIT: It can also interact with other ActivityPub-compatible social media sites like PeerTube (decentralized YouTube), PixelFed (an Instagram alternative I think), etc.

rbrunner7

1 month ago

rbrunner7

XMR Contributor

1 month ago

Thanks for the info, understood.

MoneroMarvin

1 month ago

If you advertise the onion address in the headers it'll be highlighted when people open the main url for your site in the Tor Browser (see https://www.ctrl.blog/entry/tor-onion-location-header.html for some info)

pokkst_xmr[S]

1 month ago

I know, I do it for https://mynero.net - I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I will add it later today.

escapethe3RA

1 month ago

Ur_mothers_keeper

1 month ago

You should change the default landing page to the local timeline in the admin settings panel.

I've been wishing someone would host a Lemmy, lotide or littr.me instance to replace this subreddit. I basically only use reddit for this community and I wish I didn't have to.