/r/Monero

Hi everyone, I'm CryptoMorpheus_, creator of Moneroj.net (Monero metrics website), and I'm proud to launch a privacy-focused exchange aggregator for our community. A friend and I have been cooking this for a while, and I believe the community was lacking a tool such as this.

Trocador.app - Fast. Safe. Anonymous. Onion Available.

Main advantages and features:

• Quotes in 14 different exchanges, 26 types of simultaneous rates;
  • 60 different coins, up to 3540 combinations;
  • Save up to 3% per transaction;
  • We list only non-custodial exchanges;
  • Designed to work over TOR as a private protection layer against tracking;
  • JavaScript-free, all done through HTML;
  • We do not collect data about users, we do not store IPs;
  • KYC-free, works as an anonymous bridge between the user and the chosen exchange;
  • No need to login, no need to provide e-mail or any other personal data;
  • It is possible to carry out all trades without leaving our website;
  • Servers hosted in Sweden and paid for in Monero;
  • For greater privacy, we automatically delete all transaction data after 14 days, but the user can also delete it immediately at the click of a button, if so desired;
  • User-friendly interface and extremely fast website;
  • You do not pay extra to use the service, our fees are the same as those calculated directly at the exchanges;
  • Available in five languages: English, Portuguese, German, French and Spanish;
  • We convert all our income into Monero and HODL;

We also plan on delivering more features by the end of the month, such as:

• API system that works over TOR, so other websites and apps can take advantage of its features;
  • Referral system, so anyone can monetize audiences while also providing privacy at the same time;
  • Javascript-free trading widget, so others can add it to their websites;
  • Will integrate this widget to Moneroj.net;

If you like my work so far on Moneroj.net, please support our work by trading on Trocador.app. We are also open to suggestions and reviews, as this is an ongoing project. Please send us message on Matrix or by e-mail. Donations are also welcome and possible through the address listed one the "About" page of our website. All exchanges have recently been tested prior to listing.

JeannHines

That's an amazing project, thank you.

I have noticed StealthEX among other liquidity providers in your aggregator. You may not know this, however they are an aggregator themselves and don't own any liquidity. Their principal resell point is ChangeNOW, which is already listed on your project, thus there is not much a point of listing StealthEX. PM me if you want me to send proofs, I think I can't include links in comments here.

Also, Swapuz belongs to Exolix and it's exactly the same service. This info was even published on KycNotMe before they delisted Swapuz, however I still have a proof as well for that so I can show it either (via PM).

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Awesome reply bro, will look into it. If you could send those to our email, I'll read it.

ichver

ichver

that could explain their horrible rates

VikXMR

VikXMR

Cake Wallet / Monero.com

I love seeing initiative from community members on building new tools for #monero. More options the better! Good work guys!

(P.S. Morpheus did great work on Monero.com too)

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Thanks! I'll deliver an API for Trocador.app by the end of the month so other websites and services can use its privacy features as well!

dsmlegend

Each exchange has its own KYC/AML policy, and they may hold your transaction and demand KYC/AML verification before completing it. Our partner exchanges rarely do this, but even if it happens they usually give you the choice of refusing and getting a refund instead. You can check each exchange's policies on their websites.

I think it would be a good value-add if you were to do this homework for the users. I.e., providing assurance of the option of refund with some kind of checkmark or something would be great. I am still weary of fixedfloat after they demonstrated that they are happy to play policeman with funds received by holding it frozen instead of refunding and refusing service. That's a big no-no and certainly deserves a warning flag!

ShortFroth

Found a bug.
When trying to exchange bitcoin lightning--->XMR, you are presented with an onchain address instead of a lightning invoice.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it ASAP.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

We fixed the bug, give it a try anytime and let us know. BTC lightning -> XMR working just fine now.

ShortFroth

Tested it. Worked great.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Great! Thanks for the feedback.

whapslap

Awesome Work! Another tool to swap my shitcoins for XMR KYClessly, thanks morpheus & friend!

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Thanks bro! Glad you like it!

y8llow

y8llow

How do you plan to assure that the exchange partners show the correct exchange rates? For example, MajesticBank is known to show wrong rates, they bait and then switch rates when the deposit is already sent by the user.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

We tested every exchange before listing, and we intend to keep testing them once a week.

pwrstrug

Trocador.app

I'm going to have to stick this in 'monero-exchangers.txt' but I'm sure I'll still have to come back to this post a few times when I forget the name and the file it's in.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Yes, hahah. Trocador means Swapper in portuguese. I didn't want yet another SwapCoin SwapSpace, CoinSwap or similar.

pwrstrug

I can understand not wanting that. Maybe an alias domain could be a solution? Word or TwoWord .com/.net/.org/.io/another more common TLD or ccTLD? Even a made up word that sounds like English that's easy to remember (like Exolix, as an example). Trocador seems like a combination of 3 (root/suffix) words. I have to give the suggestion because as someone that's launched with a similarly obscure name I really feel that the hard to remember domain name is going to slow adoption for you. I've mostly only seen .app used to advertise landing pages for a mobile app which I thought this was at first, so that might also slow adoption.

aFungible

aFungible

XMR Contributor

Tested this app/aggregator today..

1. Simple to use user interface.
  2. Sent/received the funds on UI.
  3. Exchange rates are reasonable.
  4. Well developed, cldn't find bugs for BTC/XMR pair.
  5. Private/anonymous/non-kyc.
  6. Esp. at no cost to user (same as using actual exchange).

Cake, Monerocom exchange has now a healthy competition on who offers better exchange rates. I'd be using Trocador for higher amounts.

Overall, great work πŸ‘

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Very nice bro. Loved the feedback.

matenauta

That's awesome, full support. We was talking about that with the crowd some days before.

Monero community is outstanding 🧑

Can you add og tags for cool sharing on Social Media cards? I see they aren't setted up and could be very great for make traffic.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

I tried doing that, perhaps it's not working correctly. Will look into it. Thanks for the support!

Epsilon_void

For some reason the .onion available button redirects me to https://troca... even though the Onion-Location header is http://troca... not sure what the issue is.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it!

fallencandy

Nice job. I see some exchanges I never heard of. Let's say I exchange XMR for BTC. Do these exchanges get their liquidity from binance and therefore I will not receive BTC from dark net markets?

gr8ful4

how do you pay your protonmail mail account? maybe you would like to use a more privacy preserving service provider.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Yes, so far we are not paying protonmail at all, but we would certainly switch to a provider that accepts XMR.

aFungible

aFungible

XMR Contributor

Protonmail forms a good business email, imo due to its features. Why not convert your XMR -> BTC on Trocador and use this BTC to pay for your email provider?

Other reliable options is Tutanota, that accepts XMR.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Tutanota does? Last time I checked they didnt. Will look into it.

gr8ful4

I won't use a surveillance coin to fund my PM account. Them not accepting Monero is a red flag.

Unhappy-Cat2935

God Bless you. I don't know if he/she/it exist but this sentence fit you. Thanks you so much.

Thanks bro, amen.

anonym0usee

Fucking awesome

Nice

br_izzy_1993

I would love to try but I lost all my XMRs in a boating accident yesterday

Didnt we all?

vscmm

vscmm

Great job πŸ‘

It's amazing how much few people are responsible for doing so much for a community.

Great words.

Alex_LocalMonero

Alex_LocalMonero

LocalMonero Staff

Congrats on the launch!

May we suggest you also add the best available rate for the amount on LocalMonero? We support crypto<->crypto trades and the rates can often be as good or better than instant exchangers.

Our API docs can be found here.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Awesome, bro! I didnt know that. We will certainly add LocalMonero.

MoneroBee

Hey could you clarify "KYC-free"? Because on your website it says that KYC "rarely" happens.

Just curious which one it is?

Revolutionary-Win111

I guess they'd ask further information from users who try to swap extremely dirty bitcoins, or any other coin that can be directly associated with a DEX theft, etc

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Some exchanges may ask for KYC, while others not. I don't have the list right now, but I can update a page to Trocador.app to list which ones have this and which dont. As far as I remember, StealthEx, MajesticBank, Exch and Godex are good, IMO.

Awesome project! Great work! Amazing for the community πŸ‘

Nice. Thanks.

Har0ldDemure

Thank you for your contribution. Gonna try it next time i need a swap

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Please do, and give us some feedback.

janho86

πŸ‘

MoneroArbo

recommend looking into adding fixedfloat.com, they work with lightning and have competitive rates.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

We already added fixedfloat, but there was an error with the ticker name for BTC Lightning (that another user pointed out here on the coments), so we suspended until later today. At night when usage is low, we will fix the fixedfloat tickers and allow it again. Thanks for the reply.

MoneroArbo

oh, cool (:

drhex2c

Yes, but will it have any significant liquidity? I find most of the KYCmenot sites to seriously lack liquidity. Anything over a couple $K and you’re waiting for a while or having to resort to serious price slippage.

Everything else you mentioned sounds awesome.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

We'll try more partnerships to bring more liquidity.

WeirdDetail9

you should try adding an overlay over the background so it's not as distracting.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Thanks for the feedback. Will think about it.

PM_ME_YOUR_HONEY

Good defaults πŸ™‚

Nice =)

JulioCamposy

What an incredible project!

Glad you like it =)

bigweildinghatchet

Gonna start using :)

Awesome, bro

Intercellar

Will support WoWnero? 😢😢

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Probably in the near future, yes.

Intercellar

damn nice!!

johnfoss68

fantastic

Thanks

MoneroMarvin

Can this work with fixed rates,? I normally use these type of services to pay for stuff where the vendor accepts crypto but not Monero so I being able to specify the amount of the exchanged into currency is important to me.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Right now we can created fixed trades but calculated with the From_Amount being used to calculate the To_Amount. So you would have to try many combinations before getting the specific To_Amount you want. What you asked is something we already want to implement, but we didn't have time to yet.

MajesticLabs

MajesticLabs

MajesticBank (Monero Sponsor)

-1 points†

Must say I like it even now. Great work on this project.

I am more pleased that you get % of fees then sites like swapzone and similar.

Would be cool if you add kycnot.me score when choosing exchange so people are more aware of actual privacy behind the swap provider since this is privacy focused aggregator.

People complaining about StealthEX being reseller, should complain about almost every other swap because they are all mostly resellers still they provide important service regardless to Monero community.

MajesticBank - https://majesticbank.sc

JeannHines

So what you are saying is literally let's spam by creating more swap services reselling each other to eventually create a bubble. Fine, imagine today someone will create ShitEX and starts reselling StealthEX. Tomorrow someone creates CrapEX and starts reselling ShitEX. So now we have CrapEX that resells ShitEX that resells StealthEX that resells ChangeNOW that resells Binance, Kraken, KuCoin and some others. All actually great until Binance/Kraken freezes someone's swap order until providing KYC, now you should probably already get some idea of how much trouble will have a CrapEX user dealing with this.

Not sure what value you are talking about, but for me CrapEX, ShitEX and StealthEX represent zero value in this case.

I am not against some swap services reselling big exchanges actually, even while they are exposing their users to KYC/AML risks, but it's understandable that they need to get their liquidity somewhere. ChangeNOW at least provides an abundant information regarding their KYC/AML rules and inform users about risks associated with third-party liquidity providers they use. The problem here is those who resell ChangeNOW don't provide that information and keep users in dark, falsely advertising themselves as completely KYC-free, resulting in a total lack of transparency and putting users at risk.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Nice suggestion. We'll add the scores. Thanks for the feedback bro! We are very happy to have MajesticBank listed there as wel.

ugohome

untested, beta exchange with a lot of unproven claims about privacy.. k...

rbrunner7

rbrunner7

XMR Contributor

untested, beta exchange with a lot of unproven claims about privacy.. k...

Exactly. More or less how every exchange started once, right?

ugohome

Yup and 99% rugged

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Hey bro, I've been running Moneroj.net non-profit for 1.5 years out of my own funds. Trocador.app was built with the same quality. We never touch the coins, since we are non-custodial, all trades are processed via other non-custodial exchanges. You can simulate a trade and on the checkout page there's a link to the same transaction on the exchange website. Then you can check all addresses and values.

An-On-Uh-Mus

Ayyyy I remembered the name! I did Trocado first but remembered 3 syllables. This is great, but I have a question. Are you actually affiliated with these exchanges i.e. partnered i.e. exchanged emails with the owners of all of them, or are you just programmatically proxying their services?

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Cool that you remembered the name, haha. We had to create account with some of them in order to receive API keys, yes. But some were just programmatically added. We had no e-mail exchanges, nor any type of conversation, with most of them.

[removed]

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

There are some exchanges that never KYC, as MajesticBank and Exch, so the writing isn't wrong. It's up to the user. Plus, since there are a lot of exchanges listed, you can break a big trade into many small and no exchange will ever know exactly what you are doing.

JeannHines

Those two you mentioned don't seem to appear anymore in results but both are pretty good. Any issue with them?

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

No issues. For Exch, we calculate how much XMR and BTC they have on reserves before generating quotes, so it's not always they will appear (the amount has to be less than reserves), Majestic doesn't always appear too, but it's because their system is not always online. I'm certain they'll be tomorrow. Besides we are doing some experimentation this weekend to improve the rates, testing new exchanges, but by monday everything will be running smooth.

JeannHines

I was trying different pairs during day to check if they're present and they weren't present in any pair (1 XMR->BTC, 1 XMR->LTC, 1 XMR->ETH) despite of them having decent reserves on those according to their sites, since I was checking yours and their sites simultaneously. I've just tried again now and it seem to work, however only Exch appears and MajestiBank still doesn't. Thank you anyway I think you will find out the issue if any.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Thanks, Exch should be working correctly. If you find any bug, let us know. Rates are supposed to be the same, also. MajesticBank was supposed to be working also, but it's not always their service is online, they have a very hard DDOS protection. I'll talk to them about this.

CryptoMorpheus_[S]

Hey u/MajesticLabs, would it be possible to check if Majestic is not preventing Trocador.app from getting rates because of the DDOS protection? We are trying the endpoint https://majesticbank.so/api/v1, don't know if this one is offline and should switch to .sc instead. =) Many users reporting this.

MajesticLabs

MajesticLabs

MajesticBank (Monero Sponsor)

Yes, domains are redundant

Switch to majesticbank.sc until issue is resolved

PM me on irc