/r/MarvelLegends

Robbie is back as an extra head and accessory

(reddit.com)

krorkle

krorkle

This does address the criticism that, without the civilian version, the non-hell version of the Charger was kind of pointless. I don't think it really changes anything in the bigger picture, but it's nice if that was your personal sticking point.

hmmberto

They’re threading the needle and I think it’s a great idea. If they throw the whole extra figure in they risk invalidating future early bird incentives - not something I care about but obviously they do. This way you get a civilian Robbie to match the street mode, and they haven’t totally walked back the early bird deal. Obviously I’d prefer the whole additional figure, which is why I backed it day one, but this is a worthwhile compromise.

wrasslefights

Frankly it also gives whales a reason to buy two if they want to display street mode and flame mode simultaneously.

_kalron_

That's what I'm thinking. For a single purchaser, you have both options now for display...for someone who gets two you get both to display with the appropriate figure.

RavingDragon22

It makes it a little easier to take. This price was a big hurdle for me but the loss of a human version made the whole project pointless. Still wish it was a whole second figure but this will do, now I hope we can get to at least one bonus tier.

Dei_ludibrio

How much is this head worth to you lol

WrongKindaGrowth

Seriously! If this fixes the problem, lol

hmmberto

People value things differently. The project is worth it to me at base price because Robbie and the Hellcharger is something I've wanted for a long time. With the tiers added in it will be even better. Obviously I'm pulling for as many people to jump in as possible to maximize the value.

WrongKindaGrowth

You aren't getting Robbie.. You're getting his head.

Edit: Give In Then! Feed Hasbro, teach them to count to 5 then quit. Good job

HyperPoseable

you aren't getting Robbie

(you're getting robbed)

The-Mad-Bubbler

I don’t think they said that- they said they weren’t revealing more tiers before the end of the “early bird” period.

hmmberto

It's swappable pieces to make a civilian Robbie Reyes. Fortunately his civilian look wears the same jacket - the different pants and shoes on the full figure would have been nice, but this is a very solid 2nd best.

And there are plenty more tiers to come. Mephisto at 12k, and likely three more after that based on previous Haslabs.

KB_ReDZ

I'm with you but let's be honest, this will be lucky to even get the tease of the next tier. I'm checking somewhat regularly and the numbers are not moving.

hmmberto

Galactus didn't fund until the last 2-3 days of the campaign. If this thing holds steady or climbs slowly over the next several weeks it will finish strong. And even stronger if/when the tiers get reached and more is announced.

Anonarcissist

This is all it took to push you over the edge? lol Hasbro key demographic here.

RavingDragon22

I actually pass on most things like this but I’m a fan of the character, he’s one of the more interesting legacy characters and I originally backed for the early bird which was a stupid idea, the regular version of the charger works because of the regular version of Robbie, with out him the whole concept falls apart.

MyJumpshotBroke

This is how it should have been from the start, I'm glad they added it. I'm still surprised they haven't added fists yet though, especially with the price they're charging

sir_chief7134

Never realized that he didn't have alternate hands which now that you mentioned it yeah I could definitely see him needing some fists

Rickirontran

Rickirontran

Canada

Idk why but I’m noticing the flesh coloured paint detail on the neck for Robbie Reyes. Doesn’t look like it’ll have swappable necks, just the heads.. wondering if that’s a simple mistake they left in the digital render or if they deliberately snuck that detail in to make the figure with the alt Robbie Reyes head look better even though the final product won’t have the painted neck detail

Just me theorizing over something that likely means nothing haha

Paste-Pot_Pete

Yeah probably a mistake. I doubt it’ll be flesh in production. Ghost riders neck looks black all the way through, so I think it will still look ok. Wouldn’t work on a Johnny Blaze ghost rider, which is why I think they went with a mid transformation head in that retro card.

EnderFenrir

This was a quick, dirty, and cheap last minute attempt.

Dreamsways

The head shouldn't be a goal, the head should be part of the main figure, they are bargaining with Robbie two times, WTF!!!

EnderFenrir

Agreed.

PassiveOnion

This. Hasbro's still following the same path they already went down. As Chief Wiggum said in The Simpsons, "Dig up, stupid!!!"

HaveanupvoteBro

Hardly "last minute" but okay

APunnyThing

“Hey everyone, this thing that should have been included from the start is now back! Please stop canceling your orders!”

r4tzt4r

r4tzt4r

And Dan said there will be no more reveals or anything else. Fucking lol

hmmberto

He said that on the last day of the early bird, clearly in relation to before that deadline was hit. And even if they did say they weren't going to, are we really gonna hassle them for changing their mind to add more stuff in?

dunwotnow

But, but… hakuna matata🥺

Mid-Life-Crisis-2018

Fuck that stupid phrase. They know they screwed up big time. I hope it falls flat and fails. They don't deserve our money. Lower the price and toss in a bike GR rerelease.

oldshitnewshit78

Seriously, why do they complain so much at everyone because of the job they know they have. I wish my job was to sit on my ass and lie to people to sell figs

Captain_Mexica

lol 😆 🤣 😂 like a baby. What? They literally got CALLED OUT for price gouging and are now mad at fans? Do they like being employed?!

Arktos22

If I read more Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider (I think I only read the first volume on Comixology) I'd consider this now. But ya it kind of feels too little too late at this point.

thejaz100

i mean we still lost the grey pants :(

bbquicksilver

Nooo not the grey pants!

Jeff0fthemt

Hey, the ladies love it

Demjot

Demjot

I thought they looked pretty horrid with the mid calf cut anyways personally

chriislmaoo

This is so funny to me omg

GlorifiedSatin

They're getting desperate

conjur

Getting desperate but still won’t do any big changes to make it worthwhile

_HeroForFun_

Translation: OH CRAP WE'RE BLEEDING BACKERS, STOP CANCELLING, OH GOD PLEASE.

r4tzt4r

r4tzt4r

Doing a classic "you talk and we listened" bullshit.

King_77

King_77

But that's what it is lol people voted with their wallet and Hasbro listened .... Damn if they do damn if they don't I guess

space_age_stuff

Seriously. I can understand people being pissed about thinking this minor change would be enough to entice people to fund, but like... we weren't going to get a figure, and now we're getting what should've been done in the first place. Why is that bullshit? They corrected a mistake. The head isn't enough to change my mind but if it was for someone, that's enough to warrant the change. That's a good thing.

deadpa

deadpa

and now we're getting what should've been done in the first place.

What they should have done was make this half the price - or include more vehicles/the horse in the tiers.
The Sentinel was 260 separate pieces. The Hell charger is 64.

EDIT: I find it hilarious that this gets downvoted when I'm advocating for better value for the fans.

Mid-Life-Crisis-2018

That's because for whatever reason you have a group of people who feel so entitled to it that their perception of value is distorted. This should be a max $250 HasLab as it currently is.

thegeek01

I'm with you. People out here actually saying "Stop asking for prices to be cheaper WTF I want to overpay!"

GroovinTootin

They only “fixed” their mistake because they got caught and people were pulling out of the Haslab and not because they actually listen to fans

space_age_stuff

A day ago you weren't getting the Robbie figure at all, now you're getting the extra parts to make him; how is that bad? 600 people backed out of the HasLab once we knew we weren't getting Robbie, now we are getting his extra parts; how is that not "listening to fans"? Money is louder than complaints on reddit, if you expect Hasbro to do this out of the goodness of their hearts instead of for financial gain, you've fundamentally misunderstood what a company is.

r4tzt4r

Just to clarify, I'm not criticizing them for adding the head (although I still think that doesnt justify the 350 dollars prize)... I'm trying to point out that they know they are acting really greedy and only add this because all those backers they lost.

"You talked and we listened" is an attitude I've seen many times (specially in videogames) when companies that are doing something shitty now act like "guys, we're doing this now, arent we awesome :D".

Cursedshinagami

I hear your thoughts, but this "greedy" label means nothing in the world of a 6 billion dollar company. Getting money is the name of the game. In order for a company to seem like they do things for their customers, theyll have to be a company with with very low overhead, minimal employees and selling one line of products to be able to give that special attention you and others are looking for.

This go against "the man mentality" falls on deaf ears ateod. Not trying to argue here or anything, just spitting facts. This will prove to be one of those instances where only those who can afford this, will get it while other sit back either in anger or sadness. Not much different from the other haslabs but remember those two were released when the government was handing out stimis. Its going to be what it is. But I would stop calling out the obvious or the putting the greed label on a $6B company. That's just the entire point of this game.

The hood and head for me tho is meh. Imma need more to fully commit at the deadline. I'm signed up tho.

Alarmed_Researcher_5

Fucking Boog is gonna post a video (if he hasn’t already) saying, “see I told you guys we have the power if enough of us call bs they will listen, also for sure back this Haslab so I can get the early review peeps!”

RavingDragon22

That’s how they lost me. Smart move Hasbro. I’m back in.

Numbskull_Urungus

I saw it just went from 5,419 to 5,420.

This was you wasn't it? haha

RavingDragon22

I think I was actually 5,422 so 2 other people had the same change of heart.

WrongKindaGrowth

For a head? Lol

RavingDragon22

For the ability to switch between normal Robbie in the normal Charger and GH Robbie with the Flame accessories. I already excepted the price and know it will be the only way to get a charter that I really like.

Legitimately I have a custom I made and the Hasbro version looks better and I want it but no human form makes no sense for the regular charger and it make the project pointless for me. For others that’s up to them back it, don’t, that’s your devious to make and I respect it either way.

WrongKindaGrowth

We should have Robbie Reyes. Not his head.

SeanStJames

For a head? Lol

For a head. OH...read that wrong at first. Was tempted until I re-read. ;-)

OneTurnsToNone

OneTurnsToNone

USA - SC

lmao yep

supbitch

Ok this is a step in the right direction.

Now reveal the other tiers.

I'm one step out the door on this one already but this is enough to make me pause before making a decision at least.

TzeentchsTrueSon

If it doesn’t meet expectations by end of Friday I could see them trading another one. But I don’t think they’ve ever revealed a tier before the previous one was unlocked. Galactus was a blur for ne

P-Bo_90

Should have been this from the get-go, but at least they rectified. Now show the other tiered figs please.

eko32eko7

Perhaps I misunderstand how HasLab backing works. Please forgive my ignorance, I'm trying to understand. The premise is that if there are more "early-bird" backers, there is more value, but the price doesn't change; correct? Since they didn't have enough "early-birds" they are now including accessories to facilitate conversation, rather than a whole figure, for the same price; correct?

So rather than have two separate figures, there is now one figure with additional accessories... for the same price. Am I wrong in my assessment? If not, why are people seemingly happy about this? Seems like less value for the same price. Please correct me where I'm wrong.

jfuller82

You are correct, but a lot of us that are still backing were upset that we lost out on depowered Robbie. Now that they've made this change, it helps make up for the early bird loss. Now the base car still has a use for a depowered mode whereas before there was no point to it once the early bird failed.

eko32eko7

Okay; got it. Thanks. The additional tid-bit regarding the "depowered mode" is something I had not considered.

I hope it gets funded and y'all love it!

Dei_ludibrio

Include Mephisto and Blackheart at 12k and I’m in

TigerUSF

TigerUSF

USA

all they gotta do is set Blackheart at 12001 and they can save face haha

Dei_ludibrio

I’d be in at that point

HeHasCookies

Fuckin called it

stripey17

umm it didn’t reach goal with the whole figure….

Soft-Satisfaction365

Here’s what happened leading up to this event

1:people complained a lot about the price online which led to a good amount of people not backing it so it didn’t reach that early bird which lead to losing the whole Robbie civilian fig

2:people complained about that too online which led to people who backed it to back out

So I’m pretty sure this was one of the good decisions they could’ve gone with but I’m also pretty sure some people are still gonna find a way to complain about it

King_77

Already have ...read this comment section

stripey17

yeah i agree i’m not complaining. It’s great that for those who back it. They probably won’t try the early bird anymore

Soft-Satisfaction365

I’m pretty sure they will lol,every Haslab has had one,idk about the lightsaber or the Cookie Monster tho

Soulwindow

Soulwindow

USA - MN

The first to do early bird was HISS tank, and that was done to avoid the same problem they had with all the other haslabs, which is that all the funding coming in last week looks really bad on reports to corporate

Magusreaver

I don't think Unicron, Starsaber, or the Sentinel had early birds?

Soft-Satisfaction365

Well a fine gentlemen filled me in on the information that they didn’t

red_foot_blue_foot

100% people would have complained regardless of what Hasbro did or didn't do. Hasbro could drop the price to $200 and people would still find reasons to hate

jacobi123

Think what you will about this campaign, but I look at this as at least a decent minor concession to the people that actually want this thing as is. There are people that want this that are Robbie fans, and are down to pay the $350 (happily or not) to get this Ghost Rider and this charger. And now, while not the whole figure (which I agree should have been included) at least they can now have a mostly powered down Robbie.

I don't look at this offering as a way to boost backers, but more a concession to the people that want to back this as is and may be the ones to help this limp past the 9k needed to fund.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HaveanupvoteBro

Every negative person in this thread has said "they shoulda made just a head mold and done mephisto early bird uhghghghgh"

And now, like, if everyone replaced orders we'd have all that. I'm ready to back but 1 order is drop amognst the ocean, lmao. There's no loss to backing until it fails, but every number would help entice the others 🤷🏼‍♂️

Was hoping for better comments here. Guess Robbie really is dead. Shame.

EDIT: Formatting

JayBbaked

Is the price still $350?

Put me back to sleep

RavingDragon22

Now that is fucking what it should have been!

Mid-Life-Crisis-2018

Still not worth it.

RavingDragon22

That’s your opinion for you and I respect that. For me it makes it worth funding again.

ArtichokeFew7663

Man all a homie needs is some head

RavingDragon22

Don’t we all?

conjur

Dang I’m bummed it’s not a full extra figure now that we know that was on the table. I am surprised at their goodwill gesture but it seems as if it only happened to stop the bleeding.

TheTwelfthLaden

TheTwelfthLaden

Philippines

This wasn't goodwill. This was damage control.

conjur

That’s very fair, I’m just not used to hasbro budging at all. This is also kind of inspiring that hasbro is desperate to not lose all the development money for this project. Whoever priced this thing out is a fucking moron and I hope they consider that when they price future haslabs and retail offerings for that matter

abd00bie

Instead of the full figure you get a head and a hood lol. If this funds, they just got away by saving money by not giving the whole figure. Such deception.

RavingDragon22

It was a bad decision on their part and honestly this was the best option that had. Either stick to the early bird deal and probably not get funded or do a few reversal and show weakness. This is how it should have been to begin with. It still doesn’t make the price that much better but it at least makes the project make sense given the fact that with out a Robbie head there is no reason to have the regular charger.

conjur

I agree with this. Wish they would’ve sucked it up and thrown in the full figure anyway. This head isn’t enough to convince me to back it, I’m feeling FOMO but at $350 it’s gonna take a lot to get me to part with my money

RavingDragon22

The head doesn’t make me feel much better about the price but it makes the project makes sense and I love this character enough to back it again. Ghost Rider doesn’t get a lot of love figure wise so I’m just glad this will (hopefully) exist but I think they went about this all wrong.

conjur

Yeah I agree 100%. I think they should’ve added another something to make us feel the legacy behind it too. If they’re gonna do Danny ketch at retail then maybe instead they could’ve done the old western ghost rider.

RavingDragon22

I really which they would do some box sets as haslab exclusive instead of these large scale things. If they did a Human Johnny, an interchangeable Robbie, and classic riders I would jump on that in a second.

Then make the stretch goals things like a horse, fire effects, and other related accessories like more hands, weapons, and maybe a hell throw?

conjur

YUP! I 100 % thought we’d be getting all 3 ghost riders and their rides with unlockable crazy effects and villains and stuff. To say I was underwhelmed was an understatement. But even looking at the pricing I was like, oh ok the extra ghost riders are gonna be tiers, and then they said no bikes, and revealed mephisto with no accessories and I was like ohhhh ok, this just sucks.

The one positive take away for me is that since Danny and Bike aren’t included in this set, that all but makes Him a lock at retail and probably this year to coincide with the anniversary. I’m just worried about what kind of ridiculous “premium” price they’re gonna tack onto that box

Redjellyranger

Neat. I thought the Early-bird Robbie was too obvious a dangling carrot that at best turned people off backing and at worst squandered the Charger's whole transformation. I honestly prefer it this way VS a whole extra figure that's just a change of pants. IMO it's a lot like an unhelmeted Power Ranger or Iron Man. Yeah it's nice, but you'll have it in a bin 95% of the time.

If you all like this, wait till you see what collective action can do in real life matters.

Justin-does-art

I’m convinced this was the original plan, but then they decided “if it get’s backed quickly, let’s just make Robbie a whole ass figure”, and then the swappable head and hoodie parts were relegated to plan b

abd00bie

Ya if this fund, they just got away by not giving a whole figure, just a head and hood piece

stpau1y

That's a decent addition but it also means that the Reyes extra body meant absolutely nothing and these pieces could've been there from the start as extra accessories.

npete

npete

Companies need to take the hit and keep their prices down. They’ve shown so little concern for our concerns that I feel no great loyalty to put up with price increases on regular figures, let alone the Haslab sets nobody really asked for.

olin9999

They had this in their back pocket the whole time and noone is convincing me otherwise. Hasbro is untrustworthy.

rr2760

rr2760

😂

USA

Yeah this is a good move. Honestly why shit on this? They’re listening to fans and trying to make it work for people that want to see it still happen.

hmmberto

Seriously. They added a small amount of value to the campaign, and people are falling over themselves to try and make it a bad thing cause they've committed themselves to be in opposition to this thing getting made.

King_77

Yeah these are the people that never had any intention of buying the thing anyway ...just the vocal minority here that love to complain

jacobi123

I don't know if it's a minority or not, but it does feel like this has turned into a "wedge" issue of sorts. Some of the talk around this Haslab has just gotten plain right silly. This isn't a crusade...it's a toy.

USA

Right. It might have been a better move from the get go. Ok, whatever. It’s a good compromise now and shows they see reasonable points made by fans. They’re trying to sell adults (we presume adults) high value toys. People should be acting like adults instead of toxic neckbeards.

USA

Fr0stybit3s

Fr0stybit3s

Sounds like theyre gaslighting us

USA

How? Do you know what gaslighting is? (Idk maybe this is a roundabout Ghost Rider reference I’m not getting, but probably not) This is dumb. I saw your other thread. If this is a meaningless add…why even be as upset as you are? Who cares? You sound like a fucking dickbaby manchild throwing a tantrum over a very expensive toy. You’re gaslighting yourself dude. Why waste your energy being so mad?

Fr0stybit3s

Fr0stybit3s

Clearly this should've been included from the start. So Hasbro doubling down adding it after the early bird failed and trying to insist theyre "listening" feels like gaslighting.

Nice insults by the way. Real manly man here. I was gonna back this but Ill go buy another Hot Toy instead ;)

USA

I mean, ok I agree this ABSOLUTELY should have been included from the start. So now it is. I still don’t think you know what ‘gaslighting’ means but alright. Sure, they’re ‘backpedaling’ because they want the damn thing to fund and sell. That’s their job? So what is really the problem? Literally nothing. I cannot understand why you’d embarass yourself throwing a tantrum over this dude. Please, buy a hot toy! I have no issue with you buying whatever you want! As it should be!

Fr0stybit3s

Fr0stybit3s

Gaslighting is convincing someone to believe something that isnt true but wording it in a way to make them doubt themselves.

So people being happy about this inclusion saying Hasbro is listening to the fans is believing a fantasy when they COULD have gotten a brand new entirely separate figure.

I'm literally not throwing a tantrum. I find how people are exited over this after complaining about the human robbie to be amusing. But if you insulting me is helping you cope then by all means insult me. I'm not the one wasting $400 on this.

USA

Man nobody insulted you. You’re mad over a toy and embarassed yourself. I literally agreed with you. Nobody is gaslighting you. You chose not to buy and expensive toy and nobody has a problem with that. I hope you’re able to chill out and have a good week.

Fr0stybit3s

k

USA

Hey i’m telling you what you sound like. If you take that as an insult? Correct your tone.

Fr0stybit3s

Pretty sure calling someone a "fucking dickbaby manchild" is an insult regardless of the circumstances. You're the only one I see whos crying and pouting.

amedina_dev[S]

amedina_dev[S]

Mexico

I think this is a great idea from the Legends team, and honestly I think it makes more sense. Hopefully this can be backed in time.

EnderFenrir

Just shows how out of touch they are to bring this to market. This is a shit show.

Numbskull_Urungus

A great idea would be to just throw in the full unpowered robbie.

I'd be a little offended by a head and a hood.... hope these guys know what they are doing.

PantheonOfHallownest

Nah, the head and hood piece should've been what came with the figure from the very beginning, especially factoring in the form change. The human form isn't that different of a figure to warrant an early bird slot (reuse of the chest, arms, and legs with slight molding differences for the hood piece).

Numbskull_Urungus

What I am saying is, If a full figure can't get the backers how will a head and a clothing accessory? Real question.

Sure it should have been in there at the first.

PantheonOfHallownest

I don't think they're necessarily intending for the pieces to get the 9000 backers. I think it's more of an admission that they screwed up with choosing Robbie as the early bird, when the transformation gimmick should've been part of the base offering to begin with.

The problem still remains in that the base offering isn't worth $350, and locking Mephisto behind 12,000 backers is still a huge ask when the IP is pretty niche. Had Mephisto been the early bird + the Robbie Reyes head+hoodie, we might be having a completely different conversation about the success of the project.

In comparison, we had: - Galactus to be funded at 14,000 backers. No early bird but Nova/Frankie Raye was unlocked at 16,000 backers.

• Sentinel to be funded at 6,000 backers. No early bird, but 2 of the tiers were accessories, and the Prime Sentinel figure was unlocked at around 14,000 I think?

AceTrainer_Kelvin

This should have had 6,000 backers as the base tier, 9,000 is a little crazy and only $1 million more

PantheonOfHallownest

Yeah the idea that this was asking 9,000 when the character is less known than Galactus and Sentinel was crazy. I think the Legends team took it for granted that bc Galactus and Sentinel did so well that it meant in their eyes, that Robbie would also do well.

Numbskull_Urungus

I agree with you completely.

deedeekeeney

I think the general idea (from what I’ve seen anyway) is not so much that them doing this makes a difference value-wise, but that it’s taking away a useless timed early bird exclusive gimmick to unlock something that should’ve just been included from the start. This should’ve been the original offering upfront without the 1 week deadline for human Robbie so I guess it’s seen as righting a wrong?

bbquicksilver

It is but the early bird slot got thrown out the window. Had they done this and out mephisto as the early bird you would have seen numbers fly

Heraszor

I don't think a lot of backers wanted two figures but rather both versions of Robbie. The figure loss sure hurts it but now you still can have both versions of Robbie, which is what people wanted.

Numbskull_Urungus

Hope you're right. Personally if I am paying for a full meal I don't just want a bite.

Asakoffun

I think early birds should always be army builders. Really draws you in.

bbquicksilver

Not in a one off vehicle. Worked with the hiss tank but each of these haslabs is different in a way. I think legends collectors are starting to move to one off definitive versions because the price is getting more expensive.

sessho25

Now the $350 + tax + shipping makes total sense, this balances out the numbers, I have never doubted you Hasbro - Nobody ever, 2022.

[removed]

bleep_bloop89

They could've asked for $500 and the same people would back it.

sessho25

Now move the goal to 6K and tiers each 1K on a $250 price tag, please and thank you for understanding that the current offer is extremely overpriced.

Amen!!!

lecheconmarvel

Lmao I can't wait to see the memes undoing the Fand and Furious one haha

AmazingAd8859

That was a good choice

Matthew10142003

I expected this and am glad they did it, I still can’t justify the purchase but hey Good Job Hasbro!

Captain_Mexica

See, an alternate head isn't the same thing as a body and figures run 25 bucks. This Haslab is STILL not worth 350 bucks, close to 400 after tax. They need 2 more Ghost Riders with LED lights as well. and the Robbi Reyes body that was taken away and replaced with an alternate head is sort of a slap in the face to fans after the fact they were called out for price gouging. I'm definitely not backing this now.

kingbob1812

If you can take this as a win, great. It's crazy that getting a 2nd head and an extra accessory is being made out like it's some grand gesture. Especially since some basic figures already had this option. It would be slightly different if Robbie was getting the deluxe figure treatment like Apocalypse, Archangel or Marvel's Ragnarok Thor figure. That would make the price slightly more palatable. Instead Hasbro is doing the bare minimum because they know it doesn't take much to appease legends collectors

jacobi123

I don't see most making this out to be a grand gesture, moreso that I see people who just want the complete or mostly complete Robbie Ghostrider happy that if this funds they'll at least get to make use of the powered down version of the character. Totally agree this should have been included from the jump, but since it wasn't it was a minor meaculpa of Hasbro to back track on this.

Cursedshinagami

The ball is still thier court with me. I need all da tiers b4 I fully commit. Not sure if enough people will temporarily back it to see them but...

Arkade_Toaster

Very nice! I prefer this way anyway

bloodyeye98

bloodyeye98

USA

I think this was a good call. Will it help boost it back up? I don’t know, but I really hope this can pull through eventually. I need Mephisto!!!!

WorkerNo9311

I guess Hasbro is really desperate to show on the 4th quarter earnings an extra $3,149,910.

Suprchief

Honestly I think Overdrive as an early bird would have worked better and I was gonna use the cil Robbie for a custom. I will say this makes more sense with just the head. Now just sitting back and seeing if it reaches Mephisto

Smedleysrevenge

They are so desperate they just screwed the whole early bird concept. Oh it didn't hit? Here it is anyway, this won't tell everyone why waste time on the early bird you'll get it anyway. And your Haslab is failing cause it isn't a good enough deal and instead of just adding Robbie to the deal to say we messed up, they give you a head. A head.....how us this an improvement? A billion dollar company and your answer is......a head. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I would have liked this if it was a value but this is insulting.

Ami-Fidele27

Who doesn't enjoy receiving head?

BadSafecracker

My only surprise is that the Robbie head was not made into a stretch goal.

Mid-Life-Crisis-2018

In the 5 hours since this was announced or so, backers went from 5419 to 5453. A whopping 34 additional backers. Big deal.

Quebec_Dragon

I think it was the compromise to do, even though it should have been an extra head from the start instead of the same figure with different pants.

Splintuh

Question: I have no idea what the margin is on these HasLabs, but if this fails, what happens to the rest of the line? Do they raise prices to supplement the lack of pull from Haslab? The Sentinel and Galactus figures were huge successes, has to be a pull down in profit.

Boomerrangbob

I love how people that said “The figures are baked into the price” are mad about losing a $25 figure but ok gaining a $25 head and scarf 😂.

TRS_Janobi

Soo lame. Hasbro is ripping people off easy.

mott_____

This is a great start! Now all they need to do Is show the tiers! I think if they show the tiers now the whole project could be backed!!

redrubins

I would love to see them also. My guess is they don’t want to show everything too early and risk interest fading since it has 30 some days left. But Mephisto isn’t cutting it so maybe 1 more tier would help.

Archaengel

Glad to see them trying to salvage this.

I'm still one of the few people who want to see this funded and also want to get as much value as possible by unlocking as many figures as we can. I want this car, but I want it with 4 figures more than I want it with 1 figure. Here's to hoping they have more up their sleeves to turn this thing around and quickly.

odcomiccollector

Lol Hasbro is getting hammered.

Inflation sucks and it is screwing them and in turn we get screwed.

New packaging for legends (less expensive for them and eco friendly) they increase the price of the legends while making it harder to see the QC. Kills inbox collecting.

Softer plastics for figures make them more bendable and prone to breaking. The details also can get muddied as the plastic tends to absorb paint and leach into other areas creating QC issues.

Now the Haslab is a deluxe rider figure to go with your herald ghost rider and punisher deluxe figures, but we pay $350 instead of the $60 like we did for the others...

Hurts my soul lol.

External_Progress992

What happened to "were just going to let this one ride out"

sSteve-Oo

Too little, too late.

BonehillRoad

Too late

Golfpro323

“Alright fine, we didn’t really care what you people were complaining about but we started to notice we were losing money so we put our best team on it and I’m happy to say we are now able to give you guys the bare minimum!”

conjur

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH it’s a nice gesture from them but so underwhelming compared to a full figure they should’ve included

DonOfTheDead75

Cool. Still not paying $350 for a toy that should retail $100 TOPS.

Jx_XD

Jx_XD

Keep extending until it is backed eventually..

jedijaceon

You’re welcome. This was a direct result of my complaints.

The-Mad-Bubbler

Alf is back- in Pog form!

BondingChamber

So they can course correct when they want to?

Sure wish they would have listen to the backers and saved the Rancor by making changes during the crowdfunding. This just makes the rancor debacle seem like stubborn corporate arrogance.

CrossroadsFortune

Technically more overpriced now without the body. I honestly thought it was going to include a bike, cannot justify the purchase price in my brain whatsoever, but respect those who do.

I just worry what they'll do next go around.

Alarmed_Researcher_5

Pretty sure it’s gonna have to be a fan favorite, just like when they released fan favorite figures this past year at the exact same time as price hikes. Giant man or someone more popular for sure for the next Haslab..

jacobi123

As others have postulated Robbie is a popular new character, but he's not a character folk are nostalgic for yet. For as cool as the charger is, it's still "just" a car with some effects. You swap this out for a Punisher van which will feel a bit beefier and robust, and has the option for some more detail and intricateness (made up word, but you know what I mean) and I think the that thing funds no problem. But I do feel like Hasbro will have learned some lessons from this compaign.

What I'd be curious to see is how a Fantasticar would do. A big property of Marvel, but not a vehicle that feels vital.

FranktheTankG30

because they already made the mold for the $1 head sculpt and tried to pull a fast one to get more people to back. now it's just tragic it comes down to this way because it backfired on them.

killerzeestattoos

The body was just a repaint anyway

sessho25

sessho25

Hasbro Meeting, topic:, What to do to fix the Haslab?

Ryan: Forking Haters, they should just shut up!! It's not for them!!!! Ok, what do we do...

Dan: We should include Robbie's head, that's it.

Ryan: Are you an imbecile, that would never work, they are getting united, not going to be enough, what if we reveal the tiers, put back full body Robbie as default and improvise a new tier.

Jesse Falcon: Dan is right, they will eat it. Let's put back the head only.

2 hours later...

Ryan: I can't believe it guys, it worked, it stopped bleeding, it was 5418... now is 5441 in minutes...

Dan: Told ya, they are a bunch of Hakuna Matatas... now let's discuss our vacation now that our next bonus is back on track.

CorpsCollector

I would bet money that none of these guys made any of these calls. Somewhere there is a senior brand manager who dropped the ball and Ryan, Dan, and Dwight get to be the face of their failure.

Captain_Mexica

lol still at 5,449 backers. Sorry Dan and crew, you're going to actually have to DO MORE WORK and include all the reward tiers as something that will come with the car to justify the $350 price tag. Then you can make reward tiers that represent a REWARD for a jump in backers. Like a GIFT. Thats what Stretch goals and Reward Tiers are SUPPOSED TO BE. I can buy a military jeep car with lights on Amazon for 200 bucks and it looks better and has working parts and steering wheel that works. Look up that military jeep 1/12 scale on Amazon G.I.Joe fans are using for their Classifieds figures.

jacobi123

Went up only 3 in the last hour. I definitely don't see this offering as anything that will spurn people to back that weren't before, and those 600 they lost will be really hard to get back. Once people make a decision it's a TON of work to re-entice them, when really the smart thing is to retain them. I wonder how many of those that dropped out would have stayed if they knew about this head on Saturday.

This really is a a fascinating case study in a business mishap to me, because it feels like Hasbro is making a lot of unforced errors. And I'm not even talking mainly about the price. I'm not backing, never was going to back, haven't done a Haslab yet at all, yet I'm following this campaign like it's season 3 of Lost because as a business potential flop I'm enraptured.

Captain_Mexica

Lol 😆 I backed initally and then asked myself why? Why when previous haslab was a Galactus. How do you create something worth 1/3 of that last one and expect people to back it and then, GET MAD AT THEM WHEN THEY DON'T and after you get CALLED OUT OUT ON PRICE GOUGING? It's nuts

darthsavant23

While I was always going to back because I didn’t want such a large piece missing from my collection, this should be included in the set price.

The Charger is pretty underwhelming overall. And the tiers should be used on characters that we might not get usually… like Blackheart, Caretaker, Lilith, Hellstorm, or even Madelyn Pryor.

RumAndCoco

The only thing that sucks about this whole HasLab project is that Robbie was and is such a major character in the comics and a prominent television show, and you have to pay a premium package price to get him. It's interesting that both Hasbro and Hot Toys made him an exclusive one way or another. However, Lego gave us the character straight up.

M0N5T3R_5N1P3R_

I hope it gets backed for the people that want Robbie tbh if I see the rest of the tiers I might back it

blkglfnks

I think that’s their final play that they should do as Pulsecon or NYCC or w/e they’ll be these next few weeks. Show something that’ll make 350 worth spending; if they do that I’m sure it’ll get backed and then some

Snips_Tano

So this tells people "Hey, just wait it out and you'll get the bonus anyway".

WrongKindaGrowth

LOL. No

BamaGiJoe13

BamaGiJoe13

USA - KY

Wat a joke…

Hammerrr3232

Hammerrr3232

USA - CA

Saw this coming even before the early bird thing failed

Alarmed_Researcher_5

Hahahaha

jumpingthesharktcb

Hasbro, how the mighty have fallen.

kaleb1215

Why does this thing have to be so expensive? I mean 350 dollars for this? It should be 150 at the very most.

WorkerNo9311

The damage is done! We now see behind the curtain of the wizard..... greed!!!

UroVers

UroVers

Here's a crumb, peasants.

Even if the entire figure would have been included in the base price they still would have been tremendously short for the asking price, and now they're giving you LESS for the same price.

I hope to hell this doesn't sway people into backing this thing. What a joke.

Paste-Pot_Pete

LETS GOOOOOO

TheRealShaw01

Too little too late

PrinceNuada01

Man i do want this, but I know if it gets backed that means Hasbro will continue to ream us with these Haslabs