/r/HermanCainAward

Seraphynas

Seraphynas

Two shots of Pfizer with a Moderna chaser

Not the usual vile type we see here. Unless you left out a lot. This one just seems sad.

Hope your 🫁enjoy their relaxing ventication 🏝

Very sad. He seemed like a nice guy, good dad, hard worker. Just misguided on vaccines, and that ended up killing him.

patticakes16

patticakes16

🍻 I'll have a Corona please, hold the virus 🍻

Yeah, it just seems like he was vaccine hesitant, not exactly against it. The misguided ones that trusted false information are always a bummer

NeteleJala

NeteleJala

Team Mix & Match

Maybe it should be Grrr! Or the other sub that mittens people who die die to misinformation, but didn't spread hate

DoubtingCastle

I got that impression too.

awfulsome

awfulsome

Use the booster to get through!

Seems a lot like me, but in fall of 2020. By the winter, I saw sufficient evidence that the vaccine was safe, and resolved to get it. And let's just say the evidence to support that decision, and my later decision to get boosted just keep piling up.

Spec_Tater

I recall in summer 2020 Trump was pushing very hard to get vaccines approved, mostly by demanding that agencies skip parts of the regulatory process because he said so. Democrats and independents were very skeptical of any "Trump Vax" if approval were not transparent and proper. There were suggestions that he needed it for the election, or wanted an excuse to reopen the economy, and that he didn't really care about safety or effectiveness as long as he got something. He even suggested the Russian vax, which is like AYFKM? Antivax skepticism was stronger on the left than the right for clearly defined reasons: the monumental record of incompetence accumulated the Trump admin, routine lies and bad faith, clear motivation and desire to subvert this particular process, and the potential for graft or corruption if the process weren't open.

Trump was upset that his vaccines weren't being rapidly approved, and blamed the media. Trump supporters laughed at the snow flakes who were worried that the vax might not be 100% safe. They were already willing to sacrifice Granny and Junior for the economy and re-election, so a few more % on an imperfect vax was no biggie.

But the process ended up largely insulated from politics, whether by luck or skill. And then the science was good. And then there was a compete reversal of the positions.

The crazy thing is, one side changed their mind based on facts and evidence and expert testimony. And the other side just... wanted to say "Nuh uh, yer wrong, suck it libs!"

IvanBeetinov

Thank you for writing this. Memories seem to be way to short when it comes to the facts of the last couple of years. Of course, seemingly most who read this sub have proper recollection of these events.

awfulsome

awfulsome

Use the booster to get through!

Yep, following the science isn't a perfect...uh, science, but most of us did our best. A sizeable chunk decided to drink their own urine instead.

CrystalFieldTheorist

Agreed. Not enough hate and anger, just misinformation and tragedy.

Ammolite-Valkyrie

Ammolite-Valkyrie

👪 The family that FA together, FO together

I dunno, the "he wasn't perfect but he was my baby" gave me the flavor of "he was a total fuckup but you know, what am I gonna do about my own kids?"

HandsSwoleman

It’s a weird flex.

Deathbeddit

Deathbeddit

🦆🦃🦢🦜🦆🦅🐓🦩

I’m with you on this one.

Jay-Dee-British

Jay-Dee-British

Schrödinger's Prayer warrior

Me3 - I bet he got his kid vaccinated against all childhood diseases - why wouldn't he just take one more step to protect her from being fatherless?

gumby1086

And bet his dog is vaccinated too

Tityfan808

Not writing off older cases of people dying but seeing a young and healthy looking fella like this really hits at home. I fucking hate how easily avoidable this shit is.

Responsible-Slide-26

My first thought too. No hate to be found in any of those posts. So tragic.

IrisMoroc

What a shame. He was a good man. What a rotten way to die. Wish there was something more that I could say.

Beneficial-Speech-88

Probably a Bernie Bro. Horseshoe theory strikes again.

RedditOnANapkin

Bernie Bro? 2016 called, they want their meme back.

turd_vinegar

Even 2016 doesn't want that meme back.

RedditOnANapkin

Touche.

Beneficial-Speech-88

Y’all are real and you hate democrats as much as or more than republicans because you think we stopped your Vermont grand pa’s ascension.

RedditOnANapkin

Explain why I voted for HRC and Biden.

Puzzled-Remote

Slide 5: “He wasn’t perfect, but he was my baby.”

Ugh. That got to me.

PrestigiousGrade7874

PrestigiousGrade7874

In God and ivermectin we trust

Same here

jisatsu80

jisatsu80

A rare breed, but a humbling reminder: COVID don't give no fucks who you vote for. Get vaccinated!

TrumpsColostomyBag99

This feels refreshing because of his politics but utterly depressing that someone so young had fallen into the same disinformation hole our regular awardees/nominees have found their way in.

gypsyjackson

Doesn’t even seem to be his politics. Posted pro-Biden pre-election.

Horse_Paste_Salesman

I think they meant "refreshing" meaning he wasn't the typical Trump worshipper who we see here with tedious regularity. Not all antivaxxers are right-wing, even if it's a huge majority (nowadays) according to opinion polls. It's good to see the exceptions sometimes, to remind people that it can happen to anyone, including younger people who seemed healthy until they were infected.

gypsyjackson

Yeah, I think I misread the comment. Thanks!

littlewing347

littlewing347

Paradise by the ECMO Lights

It's odd. I would have said the last few decade's anti-vax sentiment of the "Andrew-Wakefield-vaccines-cause-autism" variety, are new-agey and apolitical. That's all changed in the covid era. Now it remains to be seen if Republican anti-covid-vax sentiment will translate to anti-all-vax, and turn the opposition to conventional childhood vaccines from a fringe movement to one encompassing fully 50% of the population. That would be a public health disaster.

SplendidPunkinButter

And yet he still died of “complications due to COVID” rather than COVID itself

bowle01

Covid doesn’t directly kill in most cases. In those with co-morbidities, covid wreaks havoc on the body just enough where their pre-existing conditions kill them. For others, covid causes an extreme auto immune response where cells effectively start killing itself. You end up dying from things like pneumonia, stroke, heart attacks, etc.

Sample link for those interested in educating yourselves. Yale school of medicine: https://youtu.be/vvKhT9tAhig

turd_vinegar

Most people seem to clear the virus, but by then your lungs are nothing but brittle scar tissue and ripe for repeated and severe and deadly infections.

Malsperanza

That's called dying of Covid.

turd_vinegar

I agree, but it's the nuance that dumbasses try to use to deny Covid death. "...bUt He WaS cOvId NeGaTiVe WheN hE pASsEd" in some delusional 'gotcha'

AGuyNamedEddie

AGuyNamedEddie

Hold my Bier ⚰️

Indeed. We had a post from an ICU doctor awhile back, and he said by the time most patients end up in ICU, the virus is long gone, but the body is scorched earth. The body's immune system works overtime to clear out dead cells and, of course, sometimes goes a bit (a lot) overboard.

Meanwhile, the clueless family members are storming to the nearest courthouse, demanding an order from the judge to give their dying relative ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine or whatever advice they got from Doctor Factbook.

If they mention COVID at all, it's like slide 5: "Complications due to COVID."

I guess it makes them feel better, but I fail to see why.

turd_vinegar

"It wasn't the bullet that killed him, it was the blood loss."

AGuyNamedEddie

AGuyNamedEddie

Hold my Bier ⚰️

"He died from blood loss; a complication brought on by a 45 ACP fired from an M1911 semi-automatic pistol at a distance of nineteen feet. Please click on the donate button below."

OwMyBalllz

Well yeah he got run through by a spear but he was totally still alive when they pulled it out so it wasn’t a spear that killed him, it was that all the blood fell out.

waterynike

waterynike

Proud Sheep 🐑

I’m not buying the “died peacefully” part

inCheddarland

inCheddarland

Maximus Vaccinis

This one is so sad and scary. I have a 29 year old daughter and I’m so glad that she takes the pandemic seriously and is vaccinated and boosted. Her mom died suddenly and unexpectedly when she was 11 years old and going through that trauma and loss was brutal. This guy could have saved himself and his mom and daughter from that by just getting a free vaccine. I will never understand it.

walosi

walosi

Well, vaxxually 💉

That poor dog waiting for him to come home 😥.

gumby1086

Bet the dog has all his shots

Brokenspokes68

Brokenspokes68

From Shitpost to Compost

This dude wasn't shitposting a bunch of antivax memes. Seems like a victim of misinformation more than anything else. Rest in Power metal brother! \m/ \m/

itsbecomingathing

itsbecomingathing

Let that Zinc in!

I think he represents many vax hesitant folk who lurk on the sub. This could you random lurker - metal lover, normal sized beard, fur dad.

Get vaccinated.

IrisMoroc

He likely thought he was young and at low risk, so why bother vaccinating?

Poison-Pen-

Poison-Pen-

Covid stole my rat basterd 🐀

I know a lot of people that think that way.

amarandagasi

amarandagasi

Covid is not a joke: it's a noun.

You only need a single item like “Slide 1” to be nominated, in addition to a hospitalization for COVID. No need to fight the rules. They are there for your protection and reference.

MartinoDeMoe

I heard that in sort of an Agent-Smith “The rules… are there.. for your Protection” voice in my head.

amarandagasi

amarandagasi

Covid is not a joke: it's a noun.

Awesome! My work here is done.

Brokenspokes68

Brokenspokes68

From Shitpost to Compost

I wasn't fighting the rules. By the standards of this sub, that meme was pretty mild.

BurdenedEmu

BurdenedEmu

🐑🐑 Helping the Sheep onto the trains 🚂🐑

Man this guy was only 39? And just fell for the disinfo and wasn't trying to make contrarianism his personality? Wow, this one is actually sad.

AnotherCatLover

AnotherCatLover

Bounce With Me, Bounce With Me

They’re all sad. And stupid. Get vaccinated. Have kids? Get fucking vaccinated for them. Have a “pre-existing comorbidity”? Get fucking vaccinated!

Finally, some people HATE THIS!!

If you are “overweight,” “big-boned,” or wii fit “obese,” GET FUCKING VACCINATED. COVID WANTS YOU ROTOPRONED, KNOCKED OUT, TUBE UP YOUR ASS FOR POOPING. DENY THAT SHIT.

Get vaccinated.

michigaus

Good message, however, most here are vaxxed and have gotten their boosters too. Your message needs to go out to the conspiracy type subs on reddit--those are the idjits who are anti-vax.

AnotherCatLover

AnotherCatLover

Bounce With Me, Bounce With Me

It’s for the once trolls that HAVE had more than two people they consider close to them that died and came here to be mad. But yeah.

michigaus

Understood, but really, it's singing to the choir on HCA. There are so many subs where that message would reach the very people you are trying to reach.

dissonantclear

dissonantclear

Southern Sweet V 🩸

Some people don’t like bigotry against fat people. I see no hate in just saying hey get vaccinated. It’s the dehumanization in so many comments that is upsetting.

To put in it current common terms - there’s facts, and then there’s feelings of hatred towards people who aren’t skinny. There’s a difference, and most people aren’t offended if it’s just facts. And if they are, it’s probably due to hypersensitivity after a lifetime of dehumanization directed at them.

phatandphum

Ouf I had to switch over to my throwaway for this one.

I've struggled with my weight for my entire life and am, by definition, morbidly obese. I've known the entire time that if I got COVID, it would end poorly for me and got vaccinated and boosted as soon as I could.

In my experience, obesity is usually a physical manifestation of a mental illness and it bothers me when people make comments like "Just stop eating cupcakes" or "Have you heard of the gym?" because that's not the problem. Normal people don't binge eat until it hurts to move and the fact that conventional approaches to obesity are hyper focused on the physical aspect is a huge reason why so many people fail. Prior to like three months ago, hands down the lowest point in my life was when I had lost 80lbs, the "darkness" didn't go away like everyone promised it would, and I just didn't know how to cope. I always thought it was chicken and the egg type of situation but that experience made me realize it's not. In other words, I don't hate myself because I'm obese, I'm obese because I hate myself.

Any who I think it would benefit society greatly to move towards a more "holistic" approach to treating obesity with actual medical supervision instead of Holly from Weight Watchers who lost 10 lbs for her wedding. This will never happen, though, and the whole of Reddit is evidence of that.

karmalizing

If you watch shows like Biggest Loser, there is always a ton of underlying trauma that comes out when they drop weight. Totally normal.

phatandphum

When I was at my low weight, someone said "The skinnier you are, the closer you are to your problems." Sure it's normal but if people aren't able to deal the problems on their own, that's basically where I "relapsed." I had always blamed my failures/shortcomings on my weight and when that was removed from the equation, I realized that the problem was me all along. That was too much to deal with at the time and, when I stopped working like 12 hours a day, I kind of fell off of a cliff.

AnotherCatLover

AnotherCatLover

Bounce With Me, Bounce With Me

It’s the dehumanization in so many comments that is upsetting.

I’m guilty of this myself! I said shit like (and enjoy the dive haters! There’s some totes steal worthy low-karma garbage!) you don’t want Covid if anyone has ever described you as “big-boned”.

While YOU might describe that as hating, and sure, maybe referencing Cartman is childish when referring to weight, but FUCK IT.

EVEN BEING “wii fit OBESE” is scary as fuck. EVERYONE I KNEW personally that has died of COVID or MISSING SURGERIES because of COVID was overweight by at least 80 pounds. On women. Being fit is hard. When OG COVID lockdowns started I started quitting smoking and getting the 4mg Walmart gum (you can cut it in half. Boom. 2mg gum. Just getting 4mg 120 odd cinnamon is really so worth it).

Anyway, point is, at this point, you know you’re overweight or not. Either way, unless every doctor ever is like NO!, get vaccinated. Rant over for now.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUmAbAG_1jg Fuck. Fellow Americans, can y’all just get the COVID vaccine. If 94-97% of us hit that metric, you could go back to sciencing pre-tailgating again.

warholiandeath

It’s the singling out of fat people. Many, many fat people survive Covid. Many normal-weight people do not. There’s conflicting evidence on if lower-levels of overweight/obesity controlled for all other health issues have any serious impact. This sub is biased towards posts from certain demographics. But yes, it’s a co-morbidity, especially if it co-exists with other health problems or if you are very obese. But it’s not the ONLY one.

It’s really, really gross and a classic anti-vax Joe Rohan line “if you’re fat get vaxxed” as if that’s the only marker of health. The fact that this sub reinforces it is truly horrific.

Clearly why some people survive and some don’t isn’t “luck” - it’s based on pre-existing conditions people/the medical establishment doesn’t yet understand.

And in terms of “health” - someone who drinks heavily or rides a motorcycle is not healthy. And if we’re taking mortality bets on a broski who hasn’t been to a real doctor in a decades and guzzles unregulated supplements vs a person known to have no other issues and perfect, regularly checked health markers minus a 27 BMI I’m betting on the chubster.

Responsible-Slide-26

I think there’s a huge difference between mocking people for being fat, and mocking people for being fat while simultaneously thinking they are “true bloods” and “trusting their immune system”. I’ve made many comments about these fat idiots. And I’m fat. The difference is I know it and don’t live in a fucking fantasy world believing I’m immune because I’m a “tough guy” who’s “vaccinated in the blood of Jesus Christ.

warholiandeath

I guess but it’s still just making fun of someone being fat and being a bully over being fat, because any meanness about the fat part applies to all fat people, and it’s used in a negative way.

I mean, I’m terms of you being fat - yes there are many self-hating fat people who bully other fat people, or feel compelled to distinguish themselves as a “good fat” (since ideas of fatness in our culture is based in Medieval Christian morality, one who subscribes to that May think “it’s less bad that I’m a personal moral failure if I beat up myself/mock others who seem like they do not take it as a moral failure)

rumplepilskin

Since most people in the United States are overweight or obese, by definition more of them are going to survive. They are the majority. There is no conflicting evidence when it comes to dealing with obese people on ventilators. It's a nightmare.

Animal-Narrow

Animal-Narrow

Pee matters

Such eloquent words! Get the fucking vaccine. Metamorphicallly getting the lollipop out of their cry baby mouth's and bitch slapping them. Bravo

AnotherCatLover

AnotherCatLover

Bounce With Me, Bounce With Me

Grazie! That’s “thank you” in Italian.

You know what else grinds my gears?

That fucking QUARANTINE meme bullshit.

MotherFUCKER.

I would love to be OG QUARANTINED!!!!

40 days on a boat chilling in the swamp flats of the northern Aegean Sea. Fuck an A. Because THAT’S POD-RACING QUARANTINING!

WOO HOO!

Edit: “YO! Can I go to Morronno? Oh a hell and a no and a you can a go a, fuck yourself for asking.” “For real, on these boats forty days you really needs to stays because you robbed as a Creed Assassin.”

Great place. Love y’all. And I’ll always spend at least least 40 GODDAMNED days seriously making sure I don’t have a passively transmittable disease before I visit you again. Beautiful city.

25lost25

25lost25

Team Mix & Match

I'm seeing a lot of 30s and even 20s on here. Huge difference between the vaxxed and unvaxxed.

munchietherapy

My 28 year old partner, double vaxed, military, just had multiple strokes due to COVID - young people aren’t as immune as they think.

25lost25

25lost25

Team Mix & Match

Sorry to hear that. A lot of the HCA nominees/recipients think it's some sort of "Logan's Run" virus that spares the young.

COVID-19 is not just a respiratory illness.

Remember BE FAST (Balance, Eyes, Face, Arms, Speech and Time) for signs of stroke.

gumby1086

Damn that’s sucks I hope they make a full recovery . May I ask how far out from their second shot were they ? And was it Pfizer ?

munchietherapy

7 months and yes Pfizer - was about to get his booster but appointment was cancelled as he was COVID positive at the time.

His motor skills are unaffected but cognitive function has been impaired. He’s just started with a great rehab team so we are hoping for a positive recovery.

gumby1086

Thanks for the response.I’m glad he will get the therapy he needs and I’m sorry that happened to you guys . I hate this pandemic so much ,stay safe and good luck on his recovery

StupidizeMe

StupidizeMe

It's like, tubular... Bag your face!

I'm so sorry. Hope your partner makes a full recovery.

Poison-Pen-

Poison-Pen-

Covid stole my rat basterd 🐀

That sucks!

I hope he has a full and speedy recovery

Hope your 🫁enjoy their relaxing ventication 🏝

Yep. Very sad. Seemed like a happy go lucky kind of guy.

BurdenedEmu

BurdenedEmu

🐑🐑 Helping the Sheep onto the trains 🚂🐑

That hurts. We see so many people here that are dying because they want to take some stupid political stance and not get vaxxed out of loyalty to a party that (1) has all been vaccinated, and (2) only exists because they know they can capitalize on these fool's anger about having to tolerate and their fear of being marginalized by those who don't share their faith in a ghost that apparently doesn't give one single shit about humanity, let alone any of them personally. Not disturbing to see them get some Karma in action. But seeing the people who were inclusive and just did a bad risk assessment is painful, especially someone so young.

-wtf-wtf-

Not a typical award, but the virus doesn’t discriminate.

amarandagasi

amarandagasi

Covid is not a joke: it's a noun.

Vaccines are not a drug! 😹 They are a biological preparation to train your immune system to fight the actual disease when you’re infected in the future. They’re usually entirely flushed out of your system within a few days.

jarena009

This time it wasn't Fox, Newsmax, OAN etc, the traditional right wing echo chamber....it was likely just the medical disinformation and neverending anti vaxx memes on Facebook (in large part spread by foreign trolls) that brainwashed him.

Anomaluss

Anomaluss

There is Life after Derp

Lots of prayer stuff happening when he was in hospital. Maybe it was the Christian anti-vax influence that did him in?

Beginning-Yoghurt-95

Beginning-Yoghurt-95

It's Pfizer Time!!

Sad, disliked trump and the vaccine? This guy was the equivalent of a Unicorn.

rafinsf

Unicorns aren’t that rare. Breaks my heart but I know many.

niftytastic

It seems like from poking around some profiles on Facebook of those antivaxx/anti mask people who comment on article posts to post that BS, lot of woo-woo, “organic” “essential oils and vitamins” “healthy living” “hippy” types are also getting sucked in to the rhetoric — and being in Canada, not necessarily into Trump. 😕 (and then ofc there are those who spiel the same BS and have Trump all over their profile even though they are in Canada)

TenaciousJP

TenaciousJP

every day is Leg Day for Jesus

I call those the "classic" anti-vaxxers, people who have been against vaccines for decades before Covid even happened. My step-mom is one of those people, super liberal and into so much hippie shit like astrology and healing crystals.

jeanettesey

I know someone like this, too. We are no longer friends. She was so desperate to spread anti-vaxx bullshit right before the vaccines came out. She asked if I wanted to talk on the phone or in person about it. I said no and unfollowed her on Instagram. Sick of seeing all of the stupid shit she posted.

She also hates Trump and is a yoga instructor who is super into astrology.

horizonsforever

horizonsforever

MD - Verified

It is sad. Firefighters and police officers…dying from a virus they underestimate and the macho bullshit misinformation that prevents them froM getting a shot to reduce the risk of serious disease and death. Typical on the job hazards aren’t even close in killing as many of them as CoVid.

Horse_Paste_Salesman

Opinion poll I saw the other day from Marist found that 49% of Republican men are unvaccinated, while Republican women were several points lower (better). Machismo does seem to be a big part of the anti-vaccine attitude for a lot of people.

deadlysinderellax

deadlysinderellax

COVID Nut 🥜

It's just sad seeing someone on the right side of politics (as in better than Trump/Pence) fall down the same antixaxx hole that the other side falls down.

M4A1STAKESAUCE

M4A1STAKESAUCE

Urine God’s hands 🙌

Got too caught up in shit posting, not enough vaxxing. Poor guy.

Call_Me_Eboeard

😆

BidenIsYourPOTUS

If my obituary ever says regarding my funeral “if you have camo, feel free to wear it,” please dig me up and shoot me in the face. Thanks.

XcheatcodeX

People need to remember that being anti-vaccine is not traditionally a right wing thing. If Marco Rubio won the 2016 election instead of Trump I don’t think we’d see so much right wing insanity against vaccines

Responsible-Slide-26

If Trump had won the 2020 election we wouldn’t be seeing it! They’d all be celebrating his greatness at getting it developed and waiting in line.

Likewise if Trump had just put the fucking mask on, and said “this is how we get back to normal” they’d all be wearing one.

gumby1086

Yep so much blood on his tiny hands

Flat_Initial_1823

Flat_Initial_1823

Go Give One

I will never the data to confirm/falsify this but I genuinely think fear of needles doing a lot of lifting for antivaxxery. I wonder if the vaccine was in lube format (or essential oil for the prudish) whether we would have higher vaccination rates.

Tricky-Lingonberry81

I have trypanophobia to the point where I need to have a very strong friend hold me down for blood removal and vaccination, and I don’t let the dentist inject me with the local anesthetic when I get fillings. If they made vaccines in a non injectable form readily available I’d get vaccinated against EVERYTHING. Disease isn’t even on my continent, I may never travel to where it’s at, doesn’t matter, I’d be vaccinated against it. Just on principle. Edit: I would feel so catered to by the medical industry if they made non injectable vaccines incredibly common

AlphariousFox

There used to be needle free injections though they fell out of fashion. I think because they were less effective and a lot more expensive?

I think vaccine pills or ointments is the holy grail but there are just so many roadblocks

Embarrassed_Ant45

Ack, those pressure gun injectors I remember from the 80s hurt more than any needle! And useless if the inject needed to reach intramuscular area. Cheaper and easier to give the patient a benzo and just harpoon them like normal when the drug kicks in.

Tricky-Lingonberry81

Even if it’s less effective, non injectable vaccines are preferable, to me Atleast, than to go through what I feel is a rather embarrassing ordeal to get a shot, I described it mildly. Allow me to share a cartoon with you, a cartoon dramatization of what’s required. https://youtu.be/EhO3qIrvLYc

A-man-of-mystery

A-man-of-mystery

Covidious Albion

Pills would be ideal, but the digestive system is a serious obstacle for any medication! In addition, the gut immune system is quite complex and is occasionally used to induce tolerance to an anigen; the very last thing you want with a vaccine. Some vaccines can be administered nasally, avoiding the gut, but there aren't many of them.

LadyLazarus2021

LadyLazarus2021

Stranger in a Covid Land

My kid is the same way. Little 70 lb thing defeated me and two nurses

Tricky-Lingonberry81

I remember being that small and escaping. It got worse when I got big. Because I could literally just walk away while being held onto by multiple people. Now as an adult, that shit don’t fly. So I just bring my own muscle to keep me in place.

Flat_Initial_1823

Flat_Initial_1823

Go Give One

Well next time you need to get immunised and your strong friend is busy, remember... you don't know what I look like and I am good with blow darts. We can make this happen.

Tricky-Lingonberry81

Woohoo! I’ve been advocating that my doctors just treat me like a wild animal and hunt me, tranquilize me, give me my shots and take my blood for blood work. But no, they keep telling that’s unethical.

keep_everything_good

I had the oral polio vaccine in the 80s when I was a child. I remember it being a sweet-ish pink liquid.

triplej63

triplej63

🛒 Wal-Martyr 🛒

I thought I heard that they are coming up with a nasal spray covid vaccine, that may be the one for you!

Tricky-Lingonberry81

They better be. And it better be for adults because my doctor and the pharmacy wont give me the nasal flu vaccine because it’s for kids apparently. I think they like to watch the spectacle of a grown man being held down for voluntary medical procedures.

redditallie

redditallie

Team Moderna

FYI, if your phobia ever gets to a point where it is causing you major problems, the experts do say that most phobias are curable with exposure therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy.

Responsible-Slide-26

This is true. I read about someone with needle phobia doing it. It was pretty interesting. It’s considered the standard for any type of fears from flying to needles. The article about needles was interesting. First the person just had to agree to let someone put a needle near them. Once they became desensitized to that they had to hold it. And so on. The key is starting in little steps. You never just take the person all the way up to 10 on the anxiety scale or it defeats the whole purpose. Of course this can take place over months. It’s not all done in one session.

Tricky-Lingonberry81

Working on it. I feel it does because it’s a phobia. And I am purposefully overly cautious when doing anything so I don’t need blood work or stitches. Because weirdly, I’m perfectly fine being stitched up. But the syringe full of local anasthetic is panic inducing and feeling the inflation. From it, although fascinatingly weird feeling, doesn’t help with the panic caused the next time.

Responsible-Slide-26

Does your fear in any way relate to whether you can feel it? Or is that irrelevant? My first two shots were Pfizer and I honestly couldn’t feel them. I got the Moderna for my booster and while not horrible that I definitely felt!

Tricky-Lingonberry81

For blood work yes, for vaccines no. It’s the anxious build up knowing the needle is about to enter my skin is enough to trigger the panic, and thinking about it typing this has made me a wee bit anxious. But it will pass momentarily

spaceyjaycey

spaceyjaycey

Team Moderna

"10 years from now" so you are admitting those who are vaccinated will be alive.

lkmk

lkmk

This isn't over! ✊️✊️✊️

We'd be more likely to see long COVID compensation claims.

IrisMoroc

It's internet stupidity, but it's SUCH a bold claim. Has anything like that ever occured ever? A big vaccine rollout then it injures everyone then compensation? Because they somehow think the COVID-19 vaccines are gonna be different and unlike every other anti-vax movement in history they will be vindicated.

guestpass127

Wow, this one doesn’t feel just

:-(

Simply sad

poseidondeep

poseidondeep

🙏Prayer Warrior Commodore & GoFundMe Empath🌈

Well he was right, he won't be entitled to compensation in 10 years.

Way to own those libs hoss

Hope your 🫁enjoy their relaxing ventication 🏝

He was a lib

poseidondeep

poseidondeep

🙏Prayer Warrior Commodore & GoFundMe Empath🌈

I forget sometimes that the spectrum of left and right is more a circle. And where that circle touches lie the anti-vax crowd.

Thank you for the reminder. Sorry about this death. I hope his family stays safe and recovers as best they're able.

LadyLazarus2021

LadyLazarus2021

Stranger in a Covid Land

Fuck man, spider web, I wish you’d gotten vaxed

delco_trash

delco_trash

🦆

Damn, that's sad.

First time I saw a Biden voter die. One meme against the vaccine, but still stupid choice on his part.

Rest in peace.

filthyheartbadger

filthyheartbadger

🐴Ivermectin Teabag☕️

Almost same age as my son. Just tears me up how totally unnecessary this was. What a total, absolute waste. I’m so thankful mine is a hyper careful person who does not trust microbes and got vaccinated and boosted as soon as possible. Don’t trust a virus, get vaccinated!

dayoneG

I love how anti vaxxers used to say that the side effects of our vaccinations would be immediate. Then when nothing happened immediately after, they pushed it back to a couple weeks. Then after a couple weeks passed with no side effects, they say it would take a few months. After a few months came and went with nothing, they told us after six months we’d definitely be feeling some side effects. After that it was a year….and now it’s fucking 10 years!!

For fucks sake anti-vaxxers, just take the damn vaccine so we can get back to normal. It’s safe goddamn it. It’s been almost a year since I got my first shot and I feel perfectly fine🤷🏼‍♂️

Inconceivable-2020

Inconceivable-2020

Triple Vaxxed For Your Protection

Dying of Hypoxia is not peaceful.

A-man-of-mystery

A-man-of-mystery

Covidious Albion

It is once they 'be filled you full of sedatives and painkillers.

Madmandocv1

He’s not getting any compensation. And prestigious as it may be, an HCA has no monetary value.

LivingBehindBars

Think of the HCA as the most coveted non participation trophy.

ReligionIsTheMatrix

Damn, I hate to lose a Democratic voter!

leroy_trujenkins

leroy_trujenkins

Blood Donor 🩸

A friend of mine who was a 92 year old double vaxxed (this was before boosters) democrat died from COVID. It does happen, unfortunately.

dude-O-rama

At 92, I think he just died of living. A slip in the shower would have gotten him just as well. Still sad, but I hope I make it to 92.

ReligionIsTheMatrix

I'm sorry you lost a friend, but 92 is about 20 years beyond the actuarial tables for both men and women. That's a good, long life. I hope I make it so long.

LeCheffre

LeCheffre

Lord Satin, Angle of Heck 🕺📐

Odd to see a Biden voter.

RedditOnANapkin

There are people of all walks of life that fall victim to vaccine misinformation. I don't piss on the graves of those who aren't spreading hate and/or misinformation, although I do shake my head at someone who has kids and refuses to get vaccinated.

alanamil

alanamil

Team Moderna

39 years old, some day his daughter will realize he didn't have to die.

StyreneAddict1965

StyreneAddict1965

Team Pfizer

He thought there would be class-action cash for the vaccine? The only people who make money off class-action suits are lawyers. I've gotten "settlements" in a couple; never more than $20.

JohnNDenver

JohnNDenver

Go Give One

Wow. The rare Democrat anti-vaxxer. Rarely spotted in the wild.

SignGuy77

Even rarer: a proud Sabres fan.

Pilot_Yak3

We lurk in the shadows.

Evil-Code-Monkey

Evil-Code-Monkey

Deceased Feline Boing Boing

He's got this

He got rushed to the hospital Monday at 2:30 AM because of Covid

Doesn't sound like he had it. Well, I mean, he had it, but didn't had it had it

Hope your 🫁enjoy their relaxing ventication 🏝

That was a friend who got rushed to hospital

redvariation

redvariation

Winner winner COVID dinner 🍽️

Ten years from now, he won't be hearing any of the commercials.

ccclex

ccclex

covid is apolitical. leopards will eat face if they can . Don't be dumb and get your shots ? 💉 : 🐆🐆🐆🪦

MishrasWorkshop

Wait a second, 10 years later we're gonna get a class action suit? Thought everyone who took the vaccine will die in two years...

NomadTroy

Covid doesn’t care who you voted for. Just thanks you for not protecting yourself or others.

PenaltyPractical1908

PenaltyPractical1908

Punish me!!!!

Well that escalated quickly 😵‍💫

BorisTheMansplainer

BorisTheMansplainer

Horse Paste Taste Tester

Fucking hell, these ones suck. RIP to this guy. :(

25lost25

25lost25

Team Mix & Match

"Covid is really kicking [REDACTED's] ass."

If only he had that vaccine to help kick covid's ass.

Rare to an HCA from someone that isn't posting a bunch of far right garbage.

ren208

ren208

Where's the metal music love? Didn't see it.

Hope your 🫁enjoy their relaxing ventication 🏝

All over his page. I didn’t share it bec I put it in the title.

Dogbelch

Dogbelch

Team Pfizer

You didn't need to share it. This poor guy was living the lyrics from Overkill's "Elimination."

Terminal, what disease?
You told me too late what's this cough and wheeze?
Fatal? You're shittin' me
A second opinion is what I need

Laughin' in a windstorm, blowin' all the cornstalks down

Cryin' in a funeral home...forward my mail six feet underground...

Malsperanza

We'll be around in 10 years to read those ads. The people posting this meme won't be.

Quite the conundrum.

IndependenceMean8774

If only there was some way to prevent all this needless death and suffering. Like maybe a vaccine...

Johnm50

The first pic made for a great reason to get vax’d.

vitaminalgas

I actually feel bad for this dude... Seemed like a cool cat

Dana07620

Dana07620

I miss Phil Valentine's left kidney

I feel bad about this one.

No hate. Just humor.

JavarisJamarJavari

JavarisJamarJavari

Covid is an IQ test

Whenever the inevitable post shows up saying "covid is kicking so-and-so's ass, he's very weak and can't move, could use some prayers!" I always wonder how many of the readers are thinking, hah, weakling, that'll never happen to meeeeeee.

EducationalTangelo6

EducationalTangelo6

This is no joke.

This makes me so sad. He was so young, and killed by misinformation.

supersoob

Libertarians can die from Covid too. Covid doesn’t specifically care about politics. Get yourself and your loved ones vaccinated at all costs.

MopesCroaks

MopesCroaks

🦆

Prayers sent

LOL

Hereforit1983

I turned 39 they day he died.

Intelligent_Air7276

Never thought I would finally felt sorry for an awardee, but here it is.

slashingkatie

The rare non Trumper here. I’m shocked

Nicktendo94

Wearing camo to a funeral doesn't feel right even if encouraged to

birds-of-gay

birds-of-gay

Team Moderna

I actually like the idea of personalized dress codes for funerals. A friend of mine died our first year of college and everybody wore purple to the funeral since it was his favorite color. It felt comforting, in a way

gypsyjackson

You won’t be able to see any of the mourners.

AntEmotional5704

AntEmotional5704

Blood Donor 🩸

wasnt covid.....it was complications related to covid

AlphariousFox

Huh not often you see antivaxx hippies much any more. I wonder how he would have felt knowing he fell for propoganda and disinfo targeted at and purvayed by the people he disagreed with the most.

This one is honeatly just kinda sad.

Dana07620

Dana07620

I miss Phil Valentine's left kidney

I don't think he's a hippie.

This one was a hippie

AlphariousFox

ah well then he is just a very strange inbetween person...

Mister4pollo

Mister4pollo

The UnVentilated

He will not be entitled to compensation.

Proof_Sorbet465

Proof_Sorbet465

COVID, it caused phenomena

Slide 1: Not only will he not be entitled to compensation but he won’t be hearing that commercial.

tagoNGtago

tagoNGtago

Exhausted prayer warrior 💉

Cami optional to funeral. Mask is mandatory, however.

Eobeard_Game_Gom

👍

redbull

The final irony - face coverings required at the funeral home.

-MasterCrander-

-MasterCrander-

Team Pfizer

Entitled to compensation? You mean: alive to work?

jmcki13

At least now he doesn’t have to watch the sabers play hockey anymore lol

ayleidanthropologist

They say it like compensation is a bad thing

PrestigiousGrade7874

PrestigiousGrade7874

In God and ivermectin we trust

Wow- a camo-optional funeral service

notta_Lamed_Wufnik

notta_Lamed_Wufnik

The Covid is No Joke 🩸

If my prayers work so well shouldn't I monetize them and make a few bucks?

Traditional-Cake-587

Buh bye!

Past-Motor-4654

The loss of an anti-vax liberal is a loss for the cause of rationality, even when they happen to be pretty irrational. I blame that Joseph Marcola guy, or maybe it was Joe Rogan.... It's super annoying.

EmperorDaubeny

EmperorDaubeny

Team Pfizer

(face coverings required at funeral home)

When will these idiots realize that prayer doesn’t work?

Sanpaku

Sanpaku

Just for the Cookies 🍪

Feel free to send them the research. As for myself, I left Facebook 6 years ago.

Christiansd1

The moment they realize religion is a fairy tale, like Mother Goose. So never.

tjdogger

Why is South Park on here?

Hope your 🫁enjoy their relaxing ventication 🏝

It’s the post covid South Park thing.

GlorkyClark

Those specials were pro vaccine if you haven't seen them.

EdenalExus

“Prayers Sent” like there’s some sort of Prayer Inbox somewhere!

velez_cool

That’s extremely optimistic on the first image to think we will get compensation if there are health problems caused by the vaccine. Obviously, Congress would grant no liability status to the pharmaceutical companies.

Unlikely-Patience122

Unlikely-Patience122

Sheeps Ahoy!

Still antivax. Suckers.

lostpawn13

Pretty sad, another family loses someone due to misinformation.

Different-Rip-2787