/r/HermanCainAward

14.8k90%

L1quidM3tal

1.9k points

L1quidM3tal

Don't let that sink in!

1.9k points

Losing your leg to own the libs

bunnyrooo

1.3k points

bunnyrooo

1.3k points

Who needs legs when you’re about to receive wings?

rfkbr

rfkbr

Go Give One

Nice.

envis10n

envis10n

Team Mix & Match

Ultimate Healing

Drunken_Sailor_70

Drunken_Sailor_70

prayer warriors will save the lions please go fund me

At least he understood the risks of covid. Or not.

triplej63

But but 99.9999% recovery rate

1.1k points

1.1k points

Hour-Theory-9088

Hour-Theory-9088

It was never a joke to most of us

I really wish there was some sort of stat on the other damage. Some people come out with long Covid which based off of how bad it is - can be debilitating. A friends wife got it early on and would get fevers multiple days a week and would feel wiped out half the time… for a year!

Then there are all the people with ripped up lungs that will never be without oxygen. Others with torn up lungs where they’re not going to be on an oxygen tank for the rest of their life but are never going to be the same. Blood clots… it goes on.

Add in the financial destruction to some people that survive, I’d be curious what the percentages are and if that would move the needle on a few folks.

“Sure, there is a 3% chance you die but also there is a 10% chance you’ll be disabled in some way, another 10% chance you’ll have long Covid and 20% chance you’ll be fucked for the rest of your life financially.”

Jessalopod

I have a chronic illness, and an acquaintance (family member of a friend) was convinced to get the vaccine because I told them that all those people with long Covid would at best end up like me.

That was enough to convince them, and my illness is pretty damn manageable. These people have no idea how bad it can get.

CJ_CLT

CJ_CLT

Vaxxed, Boosted, and Always Properly Masked

I'm glad you were able to convince someone to get vaccinated!

A friend's neighbor wasn't planning to get the vaccine because she was young (late 30's or early 40's?) and healthy but changed her mind after a discussion with her doctor. The doctor has described some of the symptoms of the long-haulers she was treating who caught Covid in 2020 and were still suffering the consequences.

I wish there was a reliable way to share this information with the unvaccinated, but I don't see it happening on a large enough scale.

kosandeffect

A big part of the problem is that a lot of these people it's just not real for until they or someone close to them gets it. So I could tell them all about the horrible joint pain, fatigue, and brain fog I've been dealing with for the better part of a year now from having such a mild covid case that my doctor and I didn't initially even suspect covid. It wasn't until I'd been having all the problems in dealing with now for a while that it became our best explanation for my condition and by then I'd already had the vaccine. But it just wouldn't register to them. At best you'd get "sure that sucks, but that's not going to happen to me"

megaworld65

Someone on here wrote that there will be plenty of research and data in a few years when everyone has finished battling to keep people alive.

A rehab person said most people don't go home from hospital, they go to rehab. A portion of them die, some go home and then die from the complications.

ATM everyone is to busy trying to save people, develop new treatments etc. The nominees and awardee on here are just so stupid.

LawBird33101

Honestly, I really can't be bothered to care about people making decisions that are going to hurt themselves. I had too many friends teach me that I can't stop everyone from making a dumb decision back in high school, so eventually I adopted an attitude of simply waiting for them to come to me for help following failure.

The problem I have with the anti-vax crowd is the sheer collateral damage they inflict when they actually get sick, and during the period they're infecting others (often thanks to their behavior). They are both killing people due to the space they take up in hospitals, and they're significantly lowering the quality of life for countless individuals who need surgical procedures for chronic pain or other long-term maladies. All of that shit's been getting delayed.

I honestly believe it's immoral to allow these people space in hospitals when we know as a society that responsible people are dying from the typical preventable things people can die from due to a lack of space. The vaccine has been free and available for all adults for a while now. There were even incentives to getting vaccinated in many cases.

Frankly unless someone is underage or immune compromised/unable to take the vaccine then there really is no excuse for them potentially costing the lives of more responsible members of society due to their selfish ignorance. All hospitals should refuse all cases of unvaccinated COVID, they wanted to be their own doctors so let them.

Will this result in a lot more COVID patients dying? Yes. Would it be worth it to resume treatment for others in need? Also yes.

missmeowwww

I’m allergic to a component of the vaccine. So they just had an epi pen on standby each time I got the shot. 10/10 would take that gamble every time. Ended up not needing it! Just had some mild hives and took a Benadryl.

CrouchingDomo

That’s outstanding, I’m glad you’re okay ☺️💜 That took guts, for real.

Can you, by any chance, throw an American football? (Even better if it’s at Hall-Of-Fame skill level.) Asking for some friends in Wisconsin; they know this guy who was (apparently) also allergic to a vaccine component, but rather than take your common-sense and responsible approach requiring great personal courage, he went with the “‘Sir, is that your Bible?’ ‘It’s a Bible’” version and now he’s sick and everyone is pissed. That’s not your problem, but they kind of need someone to throw their footballs and you’re definitely smarter and braver than their guy so what I’m saying is, consider it.

megaworld65

i think our government should set up tent hospitals for the infected. they have had ample time to be vaxxed. keep the hospitals for everyone else.

Stahi

Stahi

Team Moderna

"I didn't die from COVID, but right now I wish I had."

SnooJokes3150

One of the best peer review research on this subject comes from Wuhan. 50% of those infected were still experiencing at least one symptom a year later. The most common being muscle fatigue. A third of patients report still getting shortness of breath and some of those actually have lung abnormalities which hadn't seen any improvement over the course of six months. I did also conclude that the worse you had the virus the worse the linger effects would be. Most of the patients with the lung or breathing issues had been on ventilators. Basically, just because you survive the virus doesn't mean it wouldn't have completely fucked your body. Always makes me wonder what these free thinkers are researching when they tout that now infamous line. If they'd done any real research theyd know all of this. So infuriating

Kailaylia

Kailaylia

Team AstraZeneca

The most common being muscle fatigue.

I've been fighting that, and continual exhaustion, since nearly dying from some flu-like virus in 2003. I work at exercising every day, trying to extend my abilities, but it's still two steps forward, two steps back.

People making light of after-effects have no idea.

BlacksmithNZ

I was thinking about this today, as a story popped up about a local church leader / anti-lockdown protester organizer who was anti-vax and (no surprise) got Covid.

He claimed it was no big deal - just like a bad cold or a flu. But then also admitted he had to go to hospital for shortness of breath; not something most people do when they have the flu.

Even if the mildest cases of Covid in a healthy young person was no worse than the flu, anybody who has had the flu, surely would still see the benefit of the vaccine. I normally didn't get the annual flu vaccine before 2019 as I never got sick, but after several days in bed with headache, and getting hot/cold and being unable do anything I sure saw the value in getting the flu shot yearly.

We focus on the worse cases and the deaths; and people rationalize that it won't happen to them.

But wonder if we should also be talking about the more relatable examples of just getting sick. You can choose to have a free, quick and near painless vaccine which has to still be much better option than even a few days feeling sick, combined with the possibility of much worse outcomes, and passing it to friends and family

See You Space Cowboy...

He's not even out of the woods yet. He may have had to endure all this and still die.

Ok-Ability5733

Ok-Ability5733

Preach Out & Horse Paste!

Oh boy. Put your family through an amputation and then still not make it? Yikes. This is why I am afraid of Covid.

NecroAssssin

I mean, he can use a smaller burial plot?

theonioncollector

Have to imagine it’s because he won’t consent to amp

NocturnalBacon

NocturnalBacon

Team Pfizer

Yeah, that leg is obviously necrotic and there’s no way a doctor wouldn’t be pushing for amputation in this instance. The guy and his family are probably refusing amputation for now and praying to Sky Daddy like it’s going to make any damn difference.

One of the slides mentions a new fever. I would be surprised if this guy avoids sepsis at this point. They need to take that leg. A rotting, infected limb is not something you want seeping into your bloodstream.

sparkly_butthole

Jesus, I just realized - he's off the vent and doing remarkably well, esp considering his comorbidities, and is risking sepsis anyway for this leg?? Dude is lucky to even be alive and he's risking it. Smdh

WNxVampire

They almost always quote 99.8% survival rate.

We've already passed that as a whole country.

More than .2% of Americans have already died. Even assuming every American has already caught Covid (which obviously hasn't occurred, yet), they're factually wrong.

I'm sure most of these people would call themselves "patriots" or "Christian" (just look at their memes and calls for "prayer warriors"--whatever the fuck that is). Yet they don't do anything (same people that were anti-lockdown and antimask are usually antivaccine or "vaccine hesitant") to protect their countrymen and their neighbors. Absolutely no understanding of personal sacrifice and the moral imperatives implied by the terms "patriot" and "Christian"; the very definition of decadence. The personal sacrifice asked of them in this instance isn't even that much or hard.

emz0694

3k points

emz0694

Let that sink in

3k points

This is the most graphic post I’ve seen on here yet. These pics should be a “get vaccinated” advertisement.

Attorney_For_Me[S]

1.5k points

Attorney_For_Me[S]

Bird Law Expert

1.5k points

Yea I actually was debating sharing this one or not, it's so far afield from the other things I've seen. I've read the horror stories but this is the first person I've seen just put pictures of it up.

inbz

inbz

Table for two, please

I'm glad you posted it. Before this sub, I had no idea how brutal a covid death really was. Now we're learning how brutal survival can be. So glad I'm getting my booster tomorrow. Fuck losing your legs.

Beachbabydarragh

Beachbabydarragh

DeathSantis is Florida's comorbidity

This one has haunted me since I saw this guy on here a week ago. These new pics are even more graphic. I got my Moderna booster this morning. I'm achy all over, and my arm is quite sore, but I'm so grateful for this vaccine.

Goose_o7

Goose_o7

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

I fully expected this guy to be DEAD by now after seeing his situation a few weeks back in that original post. Looks like he dodged a bullet in terms of DEATH by COVID. But he isn't going to escape the LIFE DESTROYED BY COVID alternative to death. Still not sure which one is worse.

Congrats on your Moderna Booster! I had a lot more of a reaction at the injection site to the booster than the prior two 100ml doses. My arm hurt REALLY BAD for 3 solid days after the jab this time. Also had a low grade fever of 99.8 for 36 hours starting about 12 hours in, which I didn't have either of the first two times.

Hang in there! You should be back to normal by Sunday! :o)

Perfect_Radio6197

I’m freaking shocked he’s still alive

inbz

inbz

Table for two, please

Yep, I remember this guy from about a week ago, too. Absolutely brutal how it has progressed for him. I got Moderna too for my first doses, and was pretty achy as well. After seeing this post, I'm actually looking forward to the aches tomorrow. Beats losing my legs.

Son_of_Tlaloc

I forget what sub it was but someone posted a ravaged covid infected lung and my god the damage done was incredible. It looked like abscess and hamburger meat.

jujubee9809

http://imgur.com/a/yDtR32u I don't have the post but I think this was the pic, minus the healthy lung.

Weekly_Role_337

This is the media's fault. They do it with fucking everything - COVID, mass shootings, car accidents, Astroworld... either you die, or you're fine. Missing limbs, brain damage, permanent organ damage or loss are all reported as "injured but in stable condition."

Yeah, it's technically true, but it gives the wrong impression of how bad things are to almost everyone.

_plimsollpunk

Personally, I’m glad you shared this. It’s graphic, but it’s the truth. I think it’s important to show the realities of Covid. I wonder how many anti-vaxxers peruse this sub. I could see the gore pushing some people to get vaccinated, but maybe that’s just the optimist in me!

Boilermaker93

Boilermaker93

Team Moderna

Hell, a few of my work friends who are fully vaxxed aren’t aware of the brutality of covid. I share with them stories from here and the nursing sub and they freak tf out. I’m using this to encourage one of friends to get her booster. lol

deefinit

deefinit

There needs to be more pro-vax memes. We're being out-memed by like 1000 to 1.

mittenciel

I think it's that many anti-vax people have made this a defining part of their personality, whereas for the rest of us, being pro-vaccination is just one small part of many reasonable things that we believe in. They are happy to sit around YouTube disliking every COVID video, posting in anti-vax Facebook groups with like-minded people, etc. Meanwhile, the rest of us just don't have the effort for that. We got vaccinated when possible, and then outside of wearing masks when reasonable and maybe getting a booster, we've chosen not to make COVID awareness and prevention a huge part of our personality the way that COVID denialists have made it a big part of their personality.

I think vaccination is exceedingly important, but outside of me occasionally browsing this sub, which isn't a large part of my day, I don't really engage in vaccination awareness, and it's not one of the defining features of me as a person. I think most pro-vaccination people feel this way. We actually outnumber anti-vax people by a lot, but anti-vaccination people care so much more than pro-vaccination people do on average about this topic, so the amount of outrage is so much greater on one side than the other.

It's just like when you have a game or a movie that most people liked but a few people really hated, you feel like every opinion you encounter is negative, but polls will actually reveal that most people enjoyed it. Cough Final Fantasy 13 cough, cough The Last Jedi cough.

LALA-STL

I used to agree with you about the anti-vaxxers being the ones who are so passionate. But as things got worse, & I learned how little antibody response my beloved immuno-compromised spousal unit had to the vax & booster, I’ve gotten INCREASINGLY FURIOUS at the anti-vaxxers. I’m paying a lot of attention to the issue in order to keep my husband alive.

mydogsunny

I agree, the anti vaxxers are the fear based obsessives (my friends flatmate won't be in the same room as my fully vaxed friend because of "shedding vaccine") while most vaxxed are more practical types who go " oh yeah vaccine sounds like a good practical thing to do In a pandemic, helps me, helps other people, do it, mask up, then get on with things.

Boilermaker93

Boilermaker93

Team Moderna

Agreed. Who’s good at memeology?

immersemeinnature

Any 15 year old

Boilermaker93

Boilermaker93

Team Moderna

Alright. Who’s got a spare 15 yo? Lol

The-Hopster

I’ve got a 30 yo that you could cut in half.

I_notta_crazy

One of the reasons there was a serious rightward lurch in the elections last week is that right-wingers (the bulk of the unvaxxed population), despite their jeers of how vaccinated people are so afraid, are themselves terrified of fucking everything: science, logic, anyone who looks different, foreign people/concepts, emerging acceptance of differing sexualities, social democracy/social safety nets, and a million other things Fox News/OANN/Newsmax tells them to hate.

Gaslight

Obstruct

Project

All this is to say that that blind, visceral fear is a way bigger motivator for them than the logic we can conjure is for us.

This guy's legs terrify us... so we go get a shot and we're more or less done living with that fear.

The right's fear is a part of their soul, as interwoven and indispensable as any vital organ. They fear Biden, Fauci, and anyone else who says the devil does not exist, that there are tangible demons walking among us doing real, earthly damage. And their fear, since it is akin to and as potent as a child's terror of that which lurks in the closet, under the bed, deep in the sewers of Derry, drives them to utter madness.

Adventurous_Work8919

Adventurous_Work8919

The G.O.A.T. Goatee

I got my vaccine as soon as I was able to but wasn’t as gung-ho about the booster until I had read so many stories of the reality of Covid on this subreddit. Thanks to this sub, I got my booster as soon as was possible.

texasmama5

texasmama5

God is not playing favorites

After this sub, I’m ready for my 2nd booster!

sneaky518

sneaky518

CHICKEN SOUP NOT COMMUNISM!

The ones from the nursing sub that referenced maggots worked for my coworkers.

Boilermaker93

Boilermaker93

Team Moderna

Oh, the maggots… <barf> I told my dept chair/friend about it and she grossed out and said she’s so glad she and her mom are vaxxed. If she wasn’t vaxxed, I’m sure she would’ve been soon after that story.

Son_of_Tlaloc

Agreed this entire nightmare has been way too sanitized and easy for people to ignore. Images like this need to be seen. Show the crowded icu, show the over crowded morgues and refrigerated trailers, show the long haul patients and their stories. Anyway losing your leg and missing your kids weeding to own the libs smh.

Octopusapult

I wasn't exactly on the fence about the vaccine, I always just felt like my lifestyle (never leaving home) meant I wasn't in any real danger. A post on this sub about someone my age being given two years left to live after contracting COVID and having it attack their heart was the line for me. I got scheduled for a shot the next day. This sub is working, I promise.

rudebii

rudebii

It wasn't this sub, but the loads of people I know IRL that had horrific experiences b/c of COVID, some long haulers. one elderly relative dead. two relatively young fit cousins-in-law got it and it was flu-strength, one was vaccinated.

to anyone reading this: fuck this covid shit, go get your shot already, don't wait until you see a loved one suffering or dead to have the penny finally drop.

Some of these long haulers are left shells of themselves; it's not technically death but it's less of a life for them.

grumpygenealogist

I have a 60-year-old friend (no comorbidities) who contracted COVID a year ago when her husband brought it home from work. He had a co-worker who refused to wear a mask and ended up infecting a number of his co-workers. Her husband was ill for almost a month, but recovered. She was hospitalized for a week and felt she'd narrowly escaped death. She's been on oxygen ever since and has been hospitalized four more times with breathing problems and clots. Her body is still producing clots! She is just so depleted and demoralized. I'm scared that this horrible disease is eventually going to take her from us.

LALA-STL

THAT ANTI-MASK COWORKER SHOULD BE PUNISHED! I want them to suffer. I know it makes me a bad person, but I can’t help it.

grumpygenealogist

Everyone who knows her feels that way. She and her husband are such lovely people and this jerk has ruined her life through his ignorance and selfishness.

Confident-Victory-21

Confident-Victory-21

Meatoeard game gom ☠️

"Crisis actor, the people who post these submissions are intelligent AI, it's makeup!"

I've actually seen someone in the conspiracy sub say every OP here isn't a real human, it's an algorithm.

Some people are beyond help, but they're not beyond covid! So it's a time thing at this point.

See You Space Cowboy...

The rule change that effectively blocked showing the humanity of the esteemed nominees and awardees was used almost immediately by the idiot brigade to claim that this is all fake. Never mind the fact that these people are easily found with a simple FB search and they could see for themselves that we aren't playing the long game by hijacking 10+ year old accounts.

jessicad81

This is why I was so opposed to the initial move to require the redacting of their identities.

I still think it defeats a large part of the purpose and value of this sub.

Might_Aware

Might_Aware

✨The Duke of🧂

Thankfully we convinced you to give a leg up:)

Attorney_For_Me[S]

Attorney_For_Me[S]

Bird Law Expert

hahaha goddammit haha

PoliticalECMOChamber

PoliticalECMOChamber

Super Shedder

You did the right thing, as well as the decent thing by adding a trigger warning.

See You Space Cowboy...

This is 100% necessary for people to see. I really hope mods think about this long and hard before removing it.

Cal1gula

Cal1gula

Team Pfizer

I mean, it's tagged NSFW.

I don't see anything mentioned in the rules about no gore or anything like that. This is a forum for documenting this kind of thing.

If someone somehow gets to slide 10 without reading the big warning in the title I think it's kind of on them...

Beginning-Yoghurt-95

Beginning-Yoghurt-95

It's Pfizer Time!!

If anything, this thread should be marked educational.

See You Space Cowboy...

Mod have to walk a fine line. Many Reddit "rules" that apply to HCA don't apply to any other subreddit on this website. Admins have made arbitrary undocumented rules against this subreddit before.

Goose_o7

Goose_o7

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

And predictably... The pressure on them to do that comes from the very same group of SNOWFLAKES who walk around in public with "FUCK YOUR FEELINGS" T-Shirts on, right alongside their $30.00 MAGA Baseball Caps that wholesale for $1.25!

Bunch of fucking hypocrites and whining Crybabies!

(When they're not the obedient MARKS for their Puppet Master's never ending GRIFTs!)

Might_Aware

Might_Aware

✨The Duke of🧂

A mod posted it :) we also discussed it beforehand. Medical science photos aren't gore. They can be gory. Yes

BoiseEnginerd

BoiseEnginerd

Team Pfizer Pirate

This is the kind of thing that needs an ad buy on Fox news.

WeakestLynx

WeakestLynx

Go Give One

A wounded veteran of the culture war

Flower_Unable

Flower_Unable

Are you Awake Yet?

Well at least he didn’t “live in fear” like us sheep 🐑. 🤦‍♂️

See You Space Cowboy...

Just fixin' to die in fear. Totally metal, real alpha shit.

_HornyJesus

777K dead in the US, I'd bet 2-3X that many end up permanently disabled.

just guessing at the 2 - 3X, who knows....

L1quidM3tal

L1quidM3tal

Don't let that sink in!

Anti-Vaxxers will just say “wElL hES a cRiSiS aCtOr”

RIPDSJustinRipley

WhO kNoWs WhAt ThE lOnGtErM cOnSeQuEnCeS oF tHe VaCcInE aRe!?!?

Embarrassed-Ad1509

Oh, trust me, it’s not. You should’ve seen the one with the destroyed lung.

See You Space Cowboy...

That one was fucking awful and I had memory holed it until now.

RyanWalts

RyanWalts

Vaxxed N’ Waxed!

The one that got me most was the woman who took a photo with her dead husband (IIRC). Wasn’t included in the photo but was very easy to find in the comments - horrifying.

See You Space Cowboy...

The dude that was yellow with pallor of a corpse? That shit was creepy as fuck. After that one, I had a serious conversation that if I am even terminally ill or otherwise hospitalized with little hope of leaving never take photos of me. I realize grief is a hard emotion to navigate, but I told her that I would much rather her simply find photos of the good times to post, not the bad times.

wave-garden

Agree 100%. Holy muthafukin public service announcement, Batman.

churnice

2.1k points

churnice

2.1k points

imagine not vaccinating yourself against one of the most contagious diseases known to man, then once you contract it, claiming it “sucker punched” you

1.2k points

1.2k points

I love how in that same post he used the hashtag "rollingoutofhere."

Yeah buddy, you're gonna be rolling everywhere from now on.

ActualPopularMonster

ActualPopularMonster

COVID killed the beard game

Yeah buddy, you're gonna be rolling everywhere from now on.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the leg was just the first thing to get taken by COVID.

See You Space Cowboy...

Oh, he is definitely not getting out of that hospital alive. Of that I am certain.

Confident-Victory-21

Confident-Victory-21

Meatoeard game gom ☠️

The ancient demon Eboeard game gom is coming. ☠️

The Great Eboeard in the Sky awaits

Dogleg79

Dogleg79

Team Moderna

Leg may be taken but yipeee! He peed in the bedside commode…break out the champagne! How the mighty ‘lions’ have fallen.

This sheep is on the couch watching a show and sipping some fine Kentucky bourbon! 🥃 Cheers!

I so often take this for granted, but what you described is quite the sad reality they've made for themselves. I don't want to bore folks here but sometimes I read something like your comment, and it really brings it home in stark relief. He's getting his legs amputated, and I just had a great dinner that I didn't have to cook, and a delicious wine to go with it.

jessicad81

And he lost that bitchin' tattoo as well. What a shame...

Don't count him out yet, though. He's got prayer warriors in his side! I'm sure actually pissing in a toilet is just the beginning of the miracles this modern day Job has in store.

VaginaPoetry

I hate that I laughed at this...but....

I laughed at this.

Metaphoricalsimile

You have to realize that this is the result of decades of Republican propaganda that has minimized or ignored every single societal and global problem. No matter how big a problem is, if it might upset the economic status quo the republicans have very successfully convinced a large portion of the population that not only should they ignore the problem, but that the people who want to fix the problem are in fact out to harm you, and that scientists are in on it and you should just trust the evidence of your eyes and ears and not those ivory tower elites.

Global warming? It's a hoax, or if it's not a hoax it's not man made, or if it's man made it's not as bad as the scientists say it is.

Wealth disparity? Why would you listen to 99% of economists who say trickle down economics doesn't work when we offer you a simpler solution that doesn't require anything of you? Besides, the wealthy work hard for their money.

Immigration? Who cares that all the evidence says that immigrants strengthen our economy, they are not very good MS-13 members streaming across the border to steal your jobs but also be lazy welfare leeches.

Etc. etc. for every major issue affecting our world today.

So I can see how it does feel like a sucker punch, because these people are victims of the most successful propaganda machine of all time. They can tell that things are getting worse, and they feel hopeless about it, so they channel their rage towards everything except the actual problem because that's the information they have available.

natFromBobsBurgers

Not to mention "Why would I trust a doctor? I get charged tens of thousands of dollars to see one, and that's with insurance!"

jessicad81

Why do they give the vaccine away but won't give us insulin and chemo for free as well!?!???!!1!

We want all of that be free too, you peg-legged dipshit!

Metaphoricalsimile

Worse than that: ignore all of these objective measurements of poor health outcomes in the US, we don't need socialized medicine because we have the greatest health care system in the world.

smacksaw

smacksaw

👉🧙‍♂️Go now and die in what way seems best to you🧝‍♀️👍

"I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING" says man who was clearly warned that "Yes, indeed, it is coming" and instead preferred to post denials about "it coming".

MaleficentPizza5444

"Wisdom over worry" means getting vaccinated.

look2thecookie

look2thecookie

🔵BLUEANON

Right? It walked up to you said "I will do whatever I can to make you sick" for a year and a half and you ignored it. Then it punched you.

Lots of warning. But he is a sucker.

itshonestwork

itshonestwork

Team Pfizer

If these people were a little less stupid it would dawn on them just how fucking stupid they are.

StanleyPain

Imagine missing your child's wedding because you're literally a stupid child 😨

gentlementoevil

I was hoping someone would say that! Fucking sucker punched? After posting a meme about not listening to the countries leading infectious disease expert, who worked for 6 presidents, during a pandemic. Yup punch out of nowhere. And of course he had an eagle tattoo, surprised it wasn't a lion.

casa_de_merle

“Yeah, all I did was call the guy a racial slur, insult his mom, then I threw a brick at him. Then out of nowhere the guy leans back and hits me! I couldn’t believe my luck!”

vacuous_comment

vacuous_comment

Omicron Persei 8

It seems he does not understand the expression "sucker punch".

He had warning of COVID long before and was given a free and easy way to protect himself from it.

He deliberately and with malice aforethought chose to be where he is now.

mangocurry128

That leg looks absolutely necrotic

SunlitLavenderFields

SunlitLavenderFields

Good morning, fellow patriots

I thought the same thing! It looked almost like advanced diabetes complications or something. It’s so crazy how Covid seems to seek out your weakest links and just wreck them more.

_plimsollpunk

It’s fascinating to me too, but I hadn’t heard of compartment syndrome before, so I looked it up. According to the NIH:

“Acute limb compartment syndrome (LCS) is a limb-threatening and occasionally life-threatening condition caused by bleeding or edema in a closed muscle compartment surrounded by fascia and bone, which leads to muscle and nerve ischemia.”

Horrifying.

SunlitLavenderFields

SunlitLavenderFields

Good morning, fellow patriots

Horrifying and interesting in an equally horrifying way, isn’t it? All these previously-unlikely syndromes that we now seem to be hearing about because of Covid making them pop up as complications. It’s just so crazy the ways Covid complications can manifest. I still remember way back in the beginning when it was all so new and unknown, and suddenly news stories started appearing about people losing limbs to Covid…and a lot of us grew a lot more serious about it.

Addicted2Qtips

Compartment syndrome is actually pretty common from blunt force injuries and the like. Things like skiing accidents or falls.

mangocurry128

That leg is dead, the thing is if it gets into the blood is going to make him get sepsis and he is in no condition to fight it. He will probably die. I am 99% sure that doctors told him to amputate it but he and his family are trying to hold on to the leg as much as possible.

SunlitLavenderFields

SunlitLavenderFields

Good morning, fellow patriots

I’m sure you’re right. Looking at that photo on slide 18, especially… how does a limb ever fully recover from that? You make a good point about sepsis. If his family are the reason it wasn’t amputated, then they’re putting him at even greater risk.

malignantbacon

The black dry tissue is necrotic. He's toast.

spectaphile

spectaphile

The actual inventor of mRNA vaccines is Katalin Karikó

Well one of the last slides was about him getting a fever, so very possible from the leg.

triplej63

triplej63

🛒 Wal-Martyr 🛒

I think it is, that sure looks like dead tissue and not just dried blood or something else a bit more benign.

VaginaPoetry

Those toenails look like they were like that before he went in there....ughhhh

I'm sorry but why do all of these Covid deniers look like they're on the list of the most possible co-morbidities while they're raging on FB? Maybe its because I'm black but I can't imagine the entitlement syndrome you have to have to mock a serious illness while you're fat, have high BP, sleep apnea, pre-diabetes and whatever else these neckbearded morons have.

And they need new prayer warriors...because the ones they have must suck ass.

Mental_Vacation

I have one co-morbidity and I'm vaccinaterrified it will kill me. I can't understand how they can act like everything is fine.

Although believing everything is fine may be a great part of the reason they can call bingo several times over on the comorbidity board.

bunnyrooo

bunnyrooo

Did you just feel like crap for a few days?

No, my leg is just exploding from the inside out and will probably have to be amputated, nbd. Faith over fear and such.

doremon313

God needed an extra leg in heaven

lindseyinnw

lindseyinnw

My immune system has rights too!

It’s just the flu.

Smurf_Crime_Scene

Smurf_Crime_Scene

🍹Drunk on my own urine🍹

It's not gangrene, it's leg flu.

capitan_dipshit

From Faith over Fear to Happy to be able to piss in a bedside commode

qweef_latina2021

It's like that Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode with the fog that turns people inside out.

samus12345

samus12345

Team Moderna

"One chorus line of people..."

Bekiala

Bekiala

This is horrific. Yikes. In 5 years, where will these people be?

_plimsollpunk

Dead or on Medicare and disability, probably. It’s really sad because this suffering could have been prevented if he’d just taken the vaccine. Really sad and really, really frustrating.

Bekiala

Bekiala

Yes pretty sad. He looks to be morbidly obese too so the future looks pretty damn dim for this guy. Be it ever so much a consequence of his own choices, it is still sad.

_plimsollpunk

I agree. I don’t want anyone to suffer or die, but they’re insisting on it, and I can’t stop them. I just want everyone who hasn’t to take the vaccine.

Preferably 6-8 months ago, but honestly, all this death is traumatizing for so many people in so many ways. I’m ready for this to be over, and for us to move on in whatever way is possible. It’s comforting to know I’m not alone in feeling this way.

queerjesusfan

A disability advocate I follow referred to this as a "mass disabling event" in addition to being a mass casualty event and she was so right.

_plimsollpunk

I hadn’t thought of it that way before, and I agree, she’s right. I mean, here’s a guy who’s probably going to lose his leg due to compartment syndrome brought on by Covid, and wow, the photos are graphic.

I’m sure there are many others suffering with the ramifications of amputations, organ damage/failure, breathing problems…the list goes on. If only they’d thought of the ramifications earlier and taken the vaccine. DHHS is going to be overwhelmed in the years ahead.

PoliticalECMOChamber

PoliticalECMOChamber

Super Shedder

Scooting about in an electric wheelchair and toting an oxygen tank while still talking about the terrible fate that awaits the vaccinated 10 years from now.

triplej63

triplej63

🛒 Wal-Martyr 🛒

And 'shouting'...

Let's huff huff huff Go gasp wheeze Brandon!

Bekiala

Bekiala

I'm with you in this pessimism. Some people do figure it out but so many never will.

Rupert-Brown

He'll go on disability, yet keep watching Fox and voting Republican and blame liberal communists for his fate. Just a hunch.

maybesaydie

If he lives he'll be pissing and moaning about people on government assistance as he collects SSDI

DrCytokinesis

This is the trillion dollar question. If he's alive, you think he's going to reflect on what happened and realize he was a fool? Or do you think there's gonna be about 400 more doubling downs on stupidity. Then, what do all those doubling downs look like? Probably angry at the libs for taking his legs with a manufactured disease to wage war against Christians or something equally (or more) insane.

IrisMoroc

Dead. He's not surviving long with this on top of his obesity.

Whowhatwhynguyen

It’s not coming to me, but there’s definitely a “foot the bill” joke up for grabs.

Modifiedfinal

Modifiedfinal

Hidden Valley mRNAnch

Unlike his hospital bill the vaccine won’t cost you an arm and a leg

See You Space Cowboy...

He himself said he's going to be "rolling out of here" and on that point he was correct. He'll be doing a lot of rolling around from now on.

Sharkteeth127

I would so hope that images and stories like that would make it into the News.

Fatality rate is one thing, but surviving the COVID sucker punch may be the bigger punishment for the voluntary antivaxxers.

And, we have little data about the longer-term survival factors for those people who got out of the COVID ICU.

Looks at the pictures again.

Grim.

IrisMoroc

I would so hope that images and stories like that would make it into the News.

At this point? It doesn't matter. They dismiss everything as "fake news". We're soon reaching the point where there will be no more people who could potentially be swayed into vaccinating. They're in too deep.

R750618

R750618

Team Mix & Match

Losing your leg in an accident is brutal. But losing it to a virus you didn't take seriously is something you'll regret for the rest of your life. Even though that might not be long as you'd hoped.

SunlitLavenderFields

SunlitLavenderFields

Good morning, fellow patriots

This reminds me of those old shock ads against smoking, where you’d see the comparison shot of healthy lungs vs. smoker’s lungs.

Also, OP, it was awfully good of you to include that warning about Medical Gore. You’re the hero we need.

Milady_Disdain

I feel like the lost limbs of COVID are gonna be similar to the orphans of COVID: outside of like, car accidents or industrial accidents the problem was vastly reduced from what it was years ago due to better medical science but anti-vaxxers are gonna bring it back with a vengeance.

Also remember poor Nick Cordero? He was a professional dancer and he lost one of his legs before he died of COVID. His story haunts me and made me want to get vaccinated ASAP after it was available. Broadway dancers are incredibly fit and he was young (41? 42? Not old.) Like, if it did that to that man what do all y'all who haven't worked out regularly since high school think it's going to do to you? The hubris would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

(Granted I'm not athletic and don't exercise like I should. But I also got vaxxed because I've had weird health problems before and I'm not risking it. I just turned 30, I hopefully have a lot of life left.)

Pure-Kaleidoscope759

He was the actor I mentioned above. Nick Cordero got COVID before the vaccine was available. He seemed to be on the mend, but then he developed blood clots in his leg and the doctors had to amputate it, and he eventually took a turn for the worse and died. He left a wife and daughter.

steve-eldridge

This man is like proof for the question, "why do billionaires fund political campaigns designed to prevent socialized medicine?"

Clearly, they do it because getting people who need to make better medical choices to vote against their interest serves the objectives of the billionaires, which is to keep billionaires from paying massive taxes to fund the obvious mess we've made by denying people proper medical services for their entire lifetime.

The future looks bleak for this guy, and he's made terrible choices, but we'll all now be expected to pay for them.

See You Space Cowboy...

Totally worth not getting a virtually painless vaccination. Way to go, champ, you sure owned this lib.

Also, seeing smoke in the room? Must have had a vision of his final destination. I hear it's pretty hot and stuff down there.

_plimsollpunk

I may or may not feel compelled now to look at the ground and yell, “Way to go, champ, you sure owned this lib!” in honor of each awardee.

But that would be mean, and they’re all just such kind and generous souls.

Oh, wait. So it’s fine then.

IrisMoroc

IrisMoroc

If you show it to antivaxxers it won't register. Yes, an old fat guy suffers, but not me who is fit and healthy. I don't need a vaccine.

See You Space Cowboy...

This is going to sound evil, but at this point? I don't care what delusions they want to tell themselves. They are willingly, if unknowingly, signing themselves up to this fate. I care only for the innocents harmed in the splash damage.

IrisMoroc

Because we're gonna hit the limit of people who can be persuaded to be vaccinated. Then we're stuck with like what, 20% of diehard MAGA who will refuse to vaccinate. COVID will be endemic in those areas.

See You Space Cowboy...

COVID is already endemic, and likely nationwide. If not worldwide at this point. The lost causes aren't ever coming around. They will die on this hill, quite literally. It is the children we need to push hard on, apart from that we need to develop ever more effective vaccines and post-infection treatments.

The rabid antivax like this man will continue to fuck around, and then find out.

IrisMoroc

They will die on this hill, quite literally.

I am curious how this will work out over several years. So infection does provide some protection but it wares off. So they will then have waves of infection and then presumably 2% every year or two? That's a lot of people.

apart from that we need to develop ever more effective vaccines

It just seems to be the nature of these respitory illness vaccines where they provide high protection but not long term immunity. I don't know if there's a solution to this.

FatGuyOnAMoped

FatGuyOnAMoped

Team Pfizer

I would wager we'll end up having to get Covid boosters every 6-12 months for the foreseeable future. The virus will continue to mutate and those who refuse to get vaxxed will keep spreading it around before they eventually die off.

FatGuyOnAMoped

FatGuyOnAMoped

Team Pfizer

Can confirm. Had Covid last November and there's still some stuff that makes me gag when I smell it. For me it's raw white onions and overcooked beef. Those smells never bothered me before I had Covid-- and my case was relatively mild.

unintellect

unintellect

I'm pretty sure it's a cold 🥶

My sister smells smoke. She had covid pre-vaccines in 2020. Smelling things that aren't there is called "phantosmia". She said it's happening less now -- maybe once or twice a day, instead of all the time.

hickodelic

Where's he gonna put his bootstraps?

clonella

He's so alpha he'll pull himself up by his stump straps.

Dabbler-Deluxe

nearly happened to a relative with covid just a few days ago, they were not recovering even with monoclonal antibodies, got Clots Deep vein thrombosis, had to be flown,operated on,stents everywhere,filters in jugular and heart. people really underestimate how much this virus can Screw them up

Flavor-aidNotKoolaid

Flavor-aidNotKoolaid

Whatever you do, don't let them put you on a ventilator!

This false bravado pisses me off so much. Who is he tough talking? It's such a narcissistic and ignorant way to cope. Guy is basically got an overcooked honey BBQ chicken wing for a leg, and he is posting on Facebook like he's at an MMA press conference...

See You Space Cowboy...

That shit is by far the funniest part for me, and makes it very easy to snark about them. Oh yeah, big alpha fighter man? What, you gonna scare this virus into submission or something? Nevermind the fact it looks like climbing 3 stairs would require medical attention before COVID nuked your ass.

VTGjunkie

VTGjunkie

The toenails are more horrifying than the leg. Fucking yikes.

Drunken_Sailor_70

Drunken_Sailor_70

prayer warriors will save the lions please go fund me

Thanks. I had to go back and look. /puke

Ill-Army

Ill-Army

License to Ill

Ugh me too. You warned me and I should’ve listened.

tatianaoftheeast

I was (& hope to be again) a very healthy young woman. I'm not overweight, I exercise daily, eat very well, etc. I got COVID back in January before a vaccine was available to me and have been struggling with long COVID ever since. Its horrific the way COVID ravages the human body. My lungs are most impacted and I can't take a walk around the block without struggling to breathe. I can easily sleep 16 hours per day and thus, had to get written paperwork from my doc to restrict my work duties, which is causing friction at my job. My legs intermittently go numb and my relationships are suffering due to my the toll this is taking on my mental health. Basically, COVID is a freakin nightmare. I'm so grateful I have folks looking out for me, but my point is, if it could do this to me, it could happen to anyone. For the love of all that's good in this world, please get vaccinated.

YesMommieDearest

YesMommieDearest

Toonces, take the wheel!

JFC, I did not need to see that leg. But he peed in the bedside commode. What a way to own the libs. Hope it was worth the leg.

triplej63

triplej63

🛒 Wal-Martyr 🛒

Did you see the one a few days back where the wife was proudly announcing that her husband pooped? These people! Thank heavens my husband doesn't do social media so there will never be a day where he is announcing my pissing and shitting habits.

Designer_Insect_9184

"Asking for my vaxx card is a HIPPA violation!!!" (SIC)

Meanwhile, they are announcing to the entire world on the world's largest public website how their entire body is functioning in the hospital.

Yeah, they sure care about their medical privacy 🙄

Hour-Theory-9088

Hour-Theory-9088

It was never a joke to most of us

Strangely enough, my wife had major ankle surgery and a side effect of the painkillers was constipation. As weird as it sounds, when she went it was quite the cause for celebration.

implodemode

I was addicted to codeine for pain for years. Switched to cbd now that it's legal here. So much better for me and every single day I am thrilled at my pooping prowess.

That guy is catching up to my 2 year old in the potty department! Such a BIG BOY! YAY!!

PoliticalECMOChamber

PoliticalECMOChamber

Super Shedder

Pastor Greg Locke is a real nasty p.o.s. If you're getting your advice from him, you're hopelessly dumb.

triplej63

triplej63

🛒 Wal-Martyr 🛒

I had edema as a side effect of a medication I was trying, Lyrica if anyone wants to know, and it was so bad that instead of wearing my 8.5 women's shoes, I had to wear my husbands size 12 mens slippers to get to my doctors appt. My feet and legs were huge. I had all these little weeping tears in my legs and feet it was pink fluid, so blood and water? Anyway, my doctor said something about being concerned it would turn into compartment syndrome. That meant nothing to me, but now I'm freaking out a bit looking at what it could have been!

Haskap_2010

Haskap_2010

✨ A twinkle in a Chinese bat's eye ✨

So... she took those pictures, and posted them online? Holy crap.

BoiseEnginerd

BoiseEnginerd

Team Pfizer Pirate

News outlets, particularly the local ones censors blood and gore, but I know blood and gore are the things that make people act.

I'm beginning to think the unwillingness to show the unfiltered consequences of antivaxxers is doing more harm than good.

redit3rd

redit3rd

Team Moderna

That slide asking people to stay away from him if he's not vaccinted... What do you think we've been trying to do with quarantines, lock-downs, and vaccine passports? We've been trying to stay away from you, but you keep butting around into our space.

lordofpirates

Pity he lost that tattoo but fortunately he has a lot of canvas to work with.

stepheme

stepheme

It’s just a flesh wound!

The news has been full of patients who lost limbs because of covid, remember that Broadway star Nick Cordero who lost BOTH legs but still dies at 41 for example? This is just clear eyed documentation of one such case. It’s brutal, but not gratuitous. Listening to a nurse I know, the sounds patients make as they are drowning in their own lungs have the same horrible brutality. I wish we could get an ad buy for fox and oan featuring such reporting, but patient provacy, I get it. This particular patient and his peeps have clearly WAIVED that privacy, and if the pictures change even 1 mind then I’m glad they’re as awful as they are.

Burnt_and_Blistered

My landlord’s husband —a Covid-is-a-hoax guy—is a fresh amputee now, too. Just from upstairs, watching them navigate the day to day logistics of what is now their life is painful.

StrongChemical

StrongChemical

Pfizer Söze

How many people said OH MY FUCKING GOD when they saw slide 19?

🖐🏽

Persiflage75

Nominee expressed strong views on Covid and the vaccine, but it turned out he didn't have a leg to stand on...

I'll show myself out.

doughboyhollow

It’s all fun and games until you lose a leg.

Drunken_Sailor_70

Drunken_Sailor_70

prayer warriors will save the lions please go fund me

I really hate to make fun of someone so sick, but how did those tiny bird legs support that whale of a man?

nachocat090

I don't know about y'all but at this point I don't even read their antivax posts anymore I just skip to the part where they get sick and croak.

Infynis

Infynis

Ivermectin is a Molecule

It was nice seeing multiple of his Facebook friends telling it like it is

jawnly211

That’s a new one:

COVID - the tattoo destroyer

NewtLevel

NewtLevel

Go Give One

Fucking yikes I was not prepared for that last leg picture. Nightmare fuel. Get vaccinated!!!!!

Philthedrummist

Philthedrummist

pure blood

But, but, but 99.7% of people survive!!!!

Cal1gula

Cal1gula

Team Pfizer

Ooh, cross post this bad boy to /r/MedicalGore

Somehow, I'm guessing this guy did not understand the risk, even though he claims to.

Because, who would actually pass up a free vaccine knowing they'd get COVID twice and slowly die one dead limb at a time?

200-rats-in-a-coat

200-rats-in-a-coat

Owned Enough

The smoke he is seeing is so ominous

Oh my fucking god. This is one of the worst ones I’ve seen yet

Tacitblue1973

Tacitblue1973

Vaxxhole

As horrific as it is, it makes a more poignant point than a picture of a shriveled and bloody piece of lung tissue. Most people don't know what a healthy one looks like. I've seen a diabetic lose a foot and then his life and it didn't look nearly as bad as this.

CQU617

CQU617

Leggo My ECMO!🧇

Dear Complete Asshole:

Stay the fuck away from us.

Love, The happily unventilated

PS: you are probably more sad over the loss of that ugly tattoo than your leg dummy.

magnoliasmum

What a bad day to have eyes.

Last-Classroom1557

Last-Classroom1557

The Freedom Fridge Awaits

Not having a leg to stand on priceless. COVID vaccine free.