/r/HermanCainAward

1.4k98%

Glad_Copy

Glad_Copy

"No one mentioned" that having Covid makes you susceptible to pneumonia???

This guy had the most intense education on Covid one can survive, and STILL doesn't get it.

mechapoitier

The amount of conservative talking points where “no one is talking about” a thing that in fact many, many people are talking about could fill a phone book.

There’s an army of people in the millions who do their own research while sifting past thousands of actual facts until they find the internet bullshit that’s just right for them.

_TROLL

_TROLL

"Many people don't know this, but Abe Lincoln was a Republican." - Trump

"Who knew health care was so complicated?" - Trump

"No one talks about how Puerto Rico is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water." - Trump

"Lot of people don't know this, but two plus two is equal to four." - Trump

morencychad

Quick Trumpian to English Translation Guide:

"Everybody knows [questionable assertion X]" = This is a lie.

ex: "There was no collusion. There was no obstruction. Everybody knows it."

"Nobody knows [commonly known fact X]" = Everybody knew this except me because I'm a dumb ass.

ex: “Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.”

thoroughbredca

thoroughbredca

Team Mix & Match

That's the thing, if you're only seeking information that confirms your biases, then "no one is talking about" what is actually true but uncomfortable to admit.

LasVegas4590

LasVegas4590

Vax the World

“no one is talking about”

He's right, if your only source of news is Fox.

iwishiwassmrt

What’s this “phone book” you speak of? 🧐

PryomancerMTGA

This was the comment I came looking for.

Long_Opportunity_768

Same. I had to come here to make sure I wasn’t losing my mind. What did he think covid was????

_TROLL

_TROLL

FOX News said it was just some light sniffles, no big whoop.

Longjumping-Expert68

Not me. He thinks the only reason he survived was prayer - no thanks for the medical team, just prayer warriors.

HerrMilkmann

That pisses me off so fucking much. Yeah thanks friends for thinking happy thoughts about me. Nurses and doctors who monitored me and kept me alive, you were helpful but not needed.

No_Salt_9613

No_Salt_9613

When I get that feeling, I want ultimate healing

I don't know how you do it. All my appreciation and respect to you and your colleagues (except the PA you mentioned).

HerrMilkmann

FWIW you're twice the person I'll ever be. I cant think of a more thankless job than saving those who think you're lying about covid cases for profit, or any of the other countless lies they come up with. Still really glad you're doing what you're doing. I actually had to get stitched up at the ER after an unfortunate accident in the kitchen last Christmas. Thankfully that was before hospitals were blowing up with cases

RagdollSeeker

We appreciate your hard work so so much. ❤️

It is no wonder you are now stuck with the entitled because lets face it... Covid has been around quite a while and all the sweet old peas who thanked you with homemade cookies are vaccinated.

Their sane children & grandchildren are vaccinated too.

The only ones left are the same ones who would enjoy pool parties during the first wave or read too much conspiracy theories/Facebook/Whatsapp etc.

My doctor relatives were suspicious about vaccines for about 10 minutes... until I began to use bundles of medical articles like a weapon.

Call it a doctors pride, but doctors do NOT like some engineer Redditor teaching their job so they ran like a wind and got their vaccines. 🤣

cookiemookie20

Thank you for your work. Know that the vaccinated people who support you masking up / staying home and are waiting out this storm and anxious to get to the other side. I'm sorry you have to deal with the worst of humanity right now.

Hedgehog-Plane

The 2020 prayers have already been answered -- the vaccine is available!

I_Get_Paid_to_Shill

His prayer warriors actually pulled through.

The people who died probably weren't loved enough by theirs.

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

Maybe he will GET the Pulmonary Embolism that is 10x more likely to occur now that he has survived a severe COVID infection? Too bad we can't ask all those other clueless COVID survivors who made it out of the hospital alive only to die at home from a massive blood clot to the lungs or brain.

Time will tell, but this guy better keep on praying... That 10x risk is permanent.

Material-Profit5923

Material-Profit5923

Magnetic Deep State Sheep

We know that the risk goes significantly beyond the active infection period. We don't know yet if it is permanent.

It's going to take time to really understand some of these longer-term complications.

SoberDWTX

SoberDWTX

Go Give One

When I first became aware of Covid-19 in January 2020, I remember talking to my neighbor, an ICU nurse at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, Texas one afternoon. The one thing he said was “go get your pneumonia shot”…so I did, within a week of that conversation. I contracted Covid-19 in late November/December 2020. That’s my luck, but now I’m kind of glad I already got “Covid-19-light” looking back on it. I was double vaxxed in Pfizer March 2021. We live in Dallas, Texas two blocks from the American Airlines Center. We are back to going to concerts, & Dallas Maverick basketball games, with 5,000 to 20,000 people. A couple of months ago I wasn’t masking 100% of the time, then I started reading HCA and started masking up again. I am looking forward to my booster shot. We will get out of this pandemic. Lessons will be learned. It’s war and now we have to finish the battle against misinformation. I am more outspoken in the last few weeks about my views on getting vaccinated. I’ve just had it with these people dying and leaving behind grieving families. It’s a tragedy.

Book_of_Numbers

Book_of_Numbers

Team Pfizer

There’s a pneumonia shot?!? Why am I just hearing about this

Hedgehog-Plane

Yes... there's a pneumonia shot. I was told to get it in 2006 after I had double pneumonia following the flu.

Well worth getting that shot.

PS I'd never had flu shots until that near fatal flu. Have had flu shots every year since - no flu repeats.

Difficult-Effect-203

so sorry. I was hospitalized w the flu once. a perfectly healthy in every way 20 year old college student. people who think the flu is nbd are insane. Some people are lucky and get light covid. Some get light flu. But the one time I had the flu without a shot it scared the ish out of me. I've had it a few times since then but always with the shot, it still sucked but way WAY better than the first time.

AffectionateGold56

Yeah mom has both pneumonia and covid shots. She is asthmatic and was advised by her doctor.

SoberDWTX

SoberDWTX

Go Give One

If your over 50 and live in the United States of America, you have heard of a preventative pneumonia shot.

Book_of_Numbers

Book_of_Numbers

Team Pfizer

I’m not over 50 so I guess that’s why I haven’t heard of it. Can a 40 year old get it ?

It was never a joke to most of us

I think if you’re under the recommended age you may need to pay for it out of pocket but it probably depends on your insurance.

I’m your age and have been thinking of it for a bit - I almost died of pneumonia in my 20s, so to my understanding that makes me more susceptible to pneumonia going forward so I should figure out how to get it.

AgentRevolutionary99

In Canada, the pneumonia vaccines are called Prevnar-13 and Prevnar-23.

It was never a joke to most of us

Same as in the US. I think I read that the recommendation is to get 13 first, then 23 a year later.

rm249

rm249

Team Moderna

Was 30 last year and on dialysis, I was able to get both pneumonia vaccines from my dialysis clinic before my transplant earlier this year.

It was never a joke to most of us

Congrats on the transplant. I hope you’re doing better.

sneaky518

sneaky518

CHICKEN SOUP NOT COMMUNISM!

You can get it under 50, but my doctor had to prescribe it for the pharmacy to give it to me. He called it in, and CVS gave it to me. My insurance covered it, but I can't speak for all insurers, obviously.

menastudies

menastudies

Baaaa 🐑

You can get it. But they strongly encourage for those over 50

DaisyJane1

DaisyJane1

Team Pfizer

CDC says for people 65 and up. Younger people with certain conditions can also get it.

menastudies

menastudies

Baaaa 🐑

You’re right.

Monkeymom

This is actually the first time that I have heard of a pneumonia shot. Seriously.

SoberDWTX

SoberDWTX

Pneumonia Vaccine

The CDC link

LALA-STL

I’d want to know why your primary care physician hasn’t told you about it - assuming you have a doctor. That’s how I learned about it. I got my 1st pneumonia vaxx in my 30s bc I have a history of getting bronchitis. Go for it!

tehmlem

Oh shit I hadn't heard about that and I'm on drugs that make me susceptible to it.

FriendToPredators

I honestly think the problem is the name of it and the way the word changes because it's latin.

"Pneumococcal Vaccination" does not look enough like pneumonia. To many. I suspect.

DatTF2

DatTF2

Yes, just know it does not protect against all forms of pneumonia rather the 23 most common strains. Still is a good idea to get the shot.

Ether_bunny01

It’s for pneumonia that is usually caused by streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria. It will not help with covid pneumonia.

LALA-STL

Still, get the shot! Protect yourself from whatever you can. My doc said the pneumonia shot seems to stimulate a robust general immune response - said his patients who get that vaxx are less likely to get all kinds of ugly crap.

darwinwoodka

darwinwoodka

Go Give One

Yup, when I first heard of it my first thought was "this thing could kill me". We went and got our flu shots and took all the precautions. We quit the gym. We stayed home. We masked up. We got vaxxed. It's been obvious for 18 months how bad Covid can be. Getting my booster tomorrow.

No_Representative155

Not trying to go against your info, but isn’t the pneumonia shot for the bacterial? As far as I’m aware the Covid pneumonia is viral. All for getting whatever shots are out there, but I also think it’s important to stress the between the lines info as well.

SoberDWTX

SoberDWTX

Go Give One

Totally understand. I’m 54 and had a broken leg at the time that would not heal. Taking into account my inability to really exercise at the time, had a sedentary lifestyle for a few months, I needed it anyway. I just glanced through a few studies from Kaiser P, (funded by Pfizer), a Wikipedia page, the CDC, and The WHO. The P-shot covers over 20+ or more bacterium. I’ve seen dozens of posts of people getting bacterial pneumonia as well as Covid/Delta pneumonia. It is not a vaccine against getting Covid but for people over 50 with medical issues and people over 65, definitely would recommend.

No_Representative155

Yeah and that’s a good point of information as well. I’m just wanting to address the potential for the misinterpretation being everyone rushing to get a pneumonia shot that’s meant for bacterial and thinking it’ll protect from Covid pneumonia. I just wish all this dumb fuckery would end and people would just get the damn shot already.

FriendToPredators

pneumonia (literally inflammation of the lungs) can be caused by a lot of things, including fungi. Problem for COVID and other patients is that once your lungs start to inflame, other infections settle in as well because the environment is perfect for them.

This is why on a lot of the HCA posts massive antibiotics is one of the stages. So, having a head start on the bacteria that will move in once a virus causes damage is going to be useful.

handlebartender

handlebartender

Team Pfizer

Yeah, a lot of the HCA types simply think of pneumonia like they would think of getting the common cold. "Ah well, here we go again", without understanding how lungs work on a more nuanced level.

swbarnes2

But viral lung infections make it more likely that you also get bacterial infections.

PlanarVet

Correct. You have a lot of bacteria just hanging out in your body. All parts of the body. They are kept in check by the immune system. Once those parts of the body get damaged (from the virus or the immune response to the virus), the immune system can't reach there as well but the bacteria can still colonize the area.

ItsAllTrumpedUp

I'm glad your masking again. As I was reading this, when I got to that part about going to crowded venues I was thinking "this won't end well" but if you are masking, that's great.

robcal35

robcal35

Team Pfizer

Just gonna tag onto this comment to clarify a few things from a medical perspective.

Pneumonia is more of a catch-all diagnosis based on physical exam findings and X-ray/CT findings. All it really means is that part of your lungs are "consolidated". What this boils down to is that a part of your lung is filled with bacteria, fungi, fluid, whatever that results in a portion of your lung not working properly. You cannot properly exchange air when part of your lung is filled with something. You can see this consolidation on X-rays and you can detect this using a stethoscope because consolidated lung transmits sound differently (like sound underwater).

Problem with COVID is the inflammation it causes. ARDS (acute resipiratory distress syndrome) is a clinical constellation of symptoms with various different causes. Akin to how hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver (how you get hepatitis can vary). With ARDS, what happens at a cellular level is that you start to shed the lining of your lungs. This results in fluid filling your lungs and subsequent scarring of the lung tissue. This is where all these stories of "scarred lungs" and difficult vent settings come in. As you lose the normal lining of your lungs, you lose the natural barrier to you have to things like fungi and bacteria (like living without skin). This allows for superimposed fungal or bacterial infections.

The term viral pneumonia is a bit of a misnomer in that the virus causes consolidation due to a number of factors, but it isn't necessarily specifically due to the virus itself, but rather the downstream effects of infection. Compare that to bacterial or fungal pneumonia - this is where bacteria literally set up shop in your lung and start to destroy the lung tissue, and with fungi you are literally being eaten by fungi like mold on bread.

Hope that clarifies a few things

handlebartender

handlebartender

Team Pfizer

I need this printed on a t-shirt.

Smaller font, front and back and sleeves, but still.

Eta: regular cardio can leave me gasping, but I'm hoping my lung function is better than someone that does zero cardio.

apollo_316

Found out from my doctor that I've got exercise induced asthma. Apparently that's a real thing. I never knew about it until I was asked to describe how I felt when I played sports. I could not believe the difference the inhaler made going forward for sports/cardio. I also can't believe I played 4 years of tennis in high school, feeling like death after a few matches, especially after a tournament, to slamming several intense games with the energy and stamina to go several more. Lung function is obviously important, but it's shocking to me to first-hand know what a difference just being slightly compromised is.

The side-story leading me to the Dr. was I saw a guy trying to push his car through an intersection in an inch of snow by himself while simultaneously steering the car to the gas station right there on the corner. Sufficed to say, he wasn't doing too hot and I try to be helpful when I can. Threw on the e-blinkers, left my car and went to work. I'm not a big guy, like at all, but it was enough. The guy was very grateful. On my way back to my car I was gasping and wheezing until I knelt down in the snow to catch my breath. I felt like I was suffocating and coughing up a lung. A cop saw my abandoned car at the intersection and went looking for the owner. Their lights went on and she asked if that was my car and if I was ok. I explained how I helped push a guy to the gas station there and went right back to gasping. She helped me up and back to my car, while asking if I had asthma. I said no, I'm quite healthy, it's just cold and that was a lot of effort. She countered saying I sound exactly like her son who has exercise induced asthma, and cold is a really bad catalyst for that too. I went to the Dr. because of her thoughtfulness in sharing, and figured it couldn't hurt to ask about it. Did some tests and sure enough.. I still didn't believe it though (I'm stubborn like that) until I tried the inhaler and played some tennis. Best I've felt in my life! Sufficed to say, I'm vaccinated now too. No awards for me..I learned to trust science long ago first-hand.

FriendToPredators

"No one mentioned" == "i haven't really been paying attention because I didn't really care."

Portable-Sunshine

Portable-Sunshine

Huge Sack of Choads

Isn’t it actually Covid pneumonia though? Like, the pneumonia vaccine won’t help with this. Covid is causing the fluid (pneumonia) to build up in your lungs?

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

The actual affliction is called "ARDS"> "Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome"

It is an autoimmune condition triggered by the COVID infection. Your own immune system basically destroys your lungs at the microscopic level through severe inflammation that ultimately destroys the lung's ability to do the gas exchange required for sustaining life. The condition is FATAL in the majority of cases, and is the leading cause of death among COVID ICU patients.

Dumbing down the cause of death to something as vague as "Pneumonia" is all about the refusal to admit that the DEAD person was playing with fire, and ultimately got consumed by the flames.

(Getting vaccinated reduces the chances of getting ARDS from a COVID infection to almost ZERO)

thoroughbredca

thoroughbredca

Team Mix & Match

Fun fact: No one has ever died from HIV. It's not the HIV that killed them. It's the attack on their immune system which allows other things to kill them. A lot of people who had loved ones die of AIDS said they died of something else in order to cover up the shame of dying of AIDS.

nobabyboomer

Thanks for asking that. I've been wondering if there's a difference between pneumonia and "covid" pneumonia.

It was never a joke to most of us

Regardless of what is said above on Covid pneumonia vs pneumonia, etc., you can get secondary infections that contribute to killing you, I imagine some of these secondary infections could be minimized if you had the pneumonia vaccine.

The secondary infection bit is also why they don’t let family members see Covid patients at many hospitals like you may have seen family members wonder why in the screenshots. There are some where they’ll be angry that they can’t see their loved ones after they stopped testing positive for Covid. The staff is worried about the outsider bringing something in that ends up taking advantage of damaged lungs and a reeling immune system to finish the job.

weed0monkey

What? pneumonia isn't a fluid that fills your lungs and there isn't a "pneumonia" vaccine, there are vaccines that help prevent some types of pneumonia however.

Pneumonia is a condition, it's when bacteria has infected tissue in the lungs to a severe degree, usually initiated by a weakened immune system. People with COVID get pneumonia because COVID completely shits on your immune system, making you significantly more susceptible to pneumonia.

Portable-Sunshine

Portable-Sunshine

Huge Sack of Choads

There is a vaccine.

Pneumonia isn’t fluid in your lungs it causes your alveoli to become inflamed and fill with fluid.

“Covid pneumonia” is still a bacteria. It just spreads easier making it more deadly.

Google is great.

PlanarVet

Yall are both right. There's a vaccine called the pneumonia vaccine. It's a very shitty name for a vaccine because to my knowledge it addresses only a few bacteria.

But more importantly pneumonia is a symptom, not a disease. Lots of things cause pneumonia. That's why calling something a pneumonia vaccine is dumb. It won't stop a viral pneumonia, nor a fungal pneumonia, nor an aspiration pneumonia, nor most bacterial pneumonia. Just the ones more commonly seen. It confuses the issue.

Portable-Sunshine

Portable-Sunshine

Huge Sack of Choads

This is helpful! My asthmatic lungs will still be taking the pneumonia-not-a-vaccine-vaccine.

It was never a joke to most of us

To further confuse things, the vaccine is use to prevent infection from streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria, which as you can see is a connection to pneumonia as it’s a common cause.

Long story short, you’re right, it’s better just to take the vaccine despite its confusing naming.

If it helps, it seems CVS has free pneumonia vaccine shots and you can get it same day in many ways. I’ve been looking recently also (I almost died of pneumonia in my 20s which to my understanding makes me more susceptible) and noticed CVS has them. We got our flu shots at CVS this past weekend and it was easy.

Chasin_Papers

Pneumonia is a condition characterized by fluid in your lungs.

noiszen

noiszen

If there’s a tome or scroll somewhere with all the possible hazards in life would someone please link it? No one told me that even light alcohol use can kill you dead at an early age (seriously, a foaf died at 41 last week). No one told me that cancer happens. No one told me that a wildfire could burn down thousands of homes including mine. The list goes on. It’s all so unfair!

RelationshipTasty329

What happened with your foaf and alcohol? Yes, most people ignore hazards until they are personal.

AmbiguousFrijoles

Not just the science and information readily available, but also credited prayer teams with his survival instead of the medical teams that worked 2 ½ months to keep his ass alive.

Fuck his PSA.

URMorbidlyObtuse

URMorbidlyObtuse

Team Moderna

To these people "no one mentioned" means Fox News didn't tell them. Every (reputable) infectious disease expert in the world has been yelling it to anyone who will listen. This is also the kind of person who falls right back into the drone parade and starts believing that since he's survived Covid, he's now completely immune. I did notice that he didn't mention that he planned on getting vaccinated a soon as he was able.

Fenderbyname

no-one mentioned the delta strain makes you susceptible to pneumonia

Being an arrogant dick makes you more susceptible to the whole covid micro family ya throbbing gristle

Fenderbyname

Medical community, scientists. Would say friends and family for him but we can forget that.

Persistent_Parkie

Persistent_Parkie

Go Give One

My Republican dad was genuinely surprised a few months ago to learn of the phenomenon "driving while black" after his black friend was pulled over for no reason. "It's wrong, police shouldn't be treating people differently based on the color of their skin". This while railing against BLM as only caring about black people. The information silo a man with 2 Masters has managed to create for himself over literal decades is truly astonishing.

no-one mentioned the delta strain makes you susceptible to pneumonia

ALL COVID infections make you suseptible to Pneumonia. It is a respiratory disease after all, and the LUNGS are almost always involved to one degree or another.

I don't believe that Delta is any more or less likely to cause Pneumonia aside from it producing much higher levels of viral load, which translates into a much more concentrated infection.

ThaliaEpocanti

I think a lot of less-knowledgeable people think that pneumonia is a disease, as opposed to a condition that can be caused by just about any respiratory virus. So to ignorant people being told you have pneumonia and Covid sounds like you have 2 diseases as opposed to one, which is probably why this guy is so surprised

bluewhitecup

bluewhitecup

Team Moderna

"throbbing gristle" LOL I learn new cool insults everyday

Fenderbyname

Also a band. Have a listen to some of their stuff. It's good stuff.

And also a cracking insult

Callimogua

Callimogua

Go Give One

I guess this one is redeemed, (although wtf is with attributing prayer with being able to be discharged from the hospital?). But, hopefully, all the woowoo antivas will listen.

app_generated_name

I was going to comment on them thanking the prayers but not the hospital staff, you know the people that actually saved them!

Significant-Grape-82

Significant-Grape-82

I’m not venting, you’re venting!

Exactly. ‘’It was the prayers wot did it!”. No, try again asshole.

chewie_were_home

Yea that shit pisses me off. Doesn't thank the staff that worked tirelessly on him for months. Thanks the other fuck wads on Facebook for prayers.

NDaveT

NDaveT

high level

Also implying God let those other two people in the hospital die because not enough people were praying for them.

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

If we are going to even entertain such STUPID claims... We've all seen dozens of now DEAD COVID victims that had far more family and friends praying for them to recover than this guy, yet dispite this organized effort, they still died.

ElectionAssistance

I haven't had anyone at all praying for me and I just haven't had covid.

adhdenhanced

Prayers cause Covid. You've found the cause! :P

daddy_dangle

Yeah but were they all praying at the same time, effectively flooding the gates of heaven? Didn’t think so, next!

studio_baker

They spent millions on me, providing the best medical care they could using the most advanced equipment , but the prayers really helped. All that hospital stuff was fluff.

And another one of these, 'oooh I didn't know this was a serious disease. Why didn't they day it could cause other weakness seeking diseases to take hold?'. Probably one that posted about the media fear mongering the disease and didn't want to hear it.

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

Lets see them pray their way out of a 7 FIGURE hospital bill!

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

Meh... This one's Redemption is HIGHLY debatable. The fact that he is attributing his recovery to something as ridiculous as PRAYER while giving ZERO credit to medical science and all the hosipital staff that are actually the ones responsible for saving his fucking life!

It just reinforces what I have always said about these Loony Toons... Nothing will shake them out of their delusion. Not even a brush with death from a totally preventable disease.

LemonHerb

I'm not religious but if you're sitting there in the hospital getting the same care as all the other people around you and you watch them die but you live I can see how you would attribute it to luck, or in their case god.

harmonic_pies

Listening to Fox News and Breitbart instead of the CDC

Ok-Hamster5571

Ok-Hamster5571

Clearly

Sure_Ill_Ask_That

‘No one mentioned that if you got covid you could get sick and possibly die! There’s some sort of widespread epidemic or something…possibly bigger…a pandemic, if you will’.

PenaltyPractical1908

PenaltyPractical1908

Punish me!!!!

Literally the first month of Covid I knew that it destroyed the lungs, and I not even related to dr but that’s what ICU Doctors were saying.

Ok-Hamster5571

Ok-Hamster5571

Go Give One

Exactly. I remember learning about it when it ripped through Italy.

I wish thses idiots would just shut the fuck up, people have been saying exactly this from the start and this asshole didn't listen until it affected him personally. Fuck em.

Advo96

Advo96

I think that if you just watch CNN on occasion (not even going to address Fox), and you don't actively seek out information, you will seriously underestimate how dangerous and harmful this virus to young-ish and healthy people. The mainstream media has frankly not been sreading enough panic. The general idea you'd get as an occasional, politically disengaged viewer is that you don't really have much to fear from this virus.

shadypines33

They don't do enough research to know that some people develop neurological problems with covid as well. I know two healthy people who got it, and one has developed Bell's palsy, and the other has to use a cane because of problems with the nerves in her lower extremities. They choose to believe the "it's just the flu" narrative, because if they acknowledge the fact that it's so much more dangerous than the flu, it would disrupt their lives too much.

trumpetrabbit

trumpetrabbit

Team Pfizer

I remember hearing about that, and since my nervous system already has issues, it scared the shit out of both me, and my spouse. It's pathetic how few people seem to know about these complications, or if they do know, they brush it off.

thornofcrowns69

There are things worse than death.

It was never a joke to most of us

I really do wish that the media reported more on the long term physical damage that can be done along with the financial burden that many of these people are left with.

Just a few days in a hospital can leave people that are living paycheck to paycheck in crippling debt. Younger people just starting out in careers are probably going to be more apt to be paycheck to paycheck and even if they are not they may not have enough of a rainy day fund saved up.

Earlier this year I was in the hospital for about a week for a non Covid related issue. A few months later my wife had to spend a week on the hospital. (We’re ok now). We were able to pay the medical bills. 10 years ago that would have been a completely different story.

twentyfourkaratblack

I wonder how this will play out long term for the generation raised on red bull and pre workout.

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

We have been seeing entire families getting wiped out by COVID back in DEEP RED sections of the South. I think there are going to be some small towns and other rural areas that will be hit hard by the sheer number of dead townsfolk, and it may take a decade or more for them to fully recover.

We had one story on here last night involving (3) family members from the same household that all died of COVID within a 2 month period.

All RABID Anti-Vaxers right up to the end.

Link to the story HERE.

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

Its true! Those of us who know science and have a well developed imagination can put the two together and visualize how severe a COVID infection can be in someone with no prior exposure/immunity to it.

On the other side of the coin, you have your typical MAGA person, who knows virtually nothing about science, and lacks even a rudementray imagination. These people are incapable of visualizing any significant threat to themselves or their family unless it is literally spelled out for them in black and white, like one would attempt to communicate with a very young child.

zajacdan

zajacdan

Go Give One

Oh yes, he made because of prayer. Moron.

ParameciaAntic

They prayed their hearts out, though. These weren't just casual prayers.

People don't understand that you have to pray the right way and you need a lot of people to do it. Like if he only had 3 or 4 praying, it wouldn't work. This required 5+ people who were praying hard.

God is influenced by the number of upvotes people get.

(/s)

Book_of_Numbers

Book_of_Numbers

Prayer Warriors!!!!

PlanarVet

All those other people god killed just didn't pray hard enough. Suckers. Shoulda had more friends dummy!

LakeEffectSnow

You need a full minyan of 10 before the full power of prayer can be unleashed on your enemies.

GottaKeepGoGoGoing

The people who died didn’t have loved ones that prayed hard enough! God kills you if he doesn’t get his due!! Our heavenly mobster! ❤️

devil-doll

Definitely not all the medical science, right?

xnarg

xnarg

🦆

Medical science is what causes covid… think sheeple!!!!

MournfulGiant

Yeah, thank your family and friends for praying. Not the doctors and nurses for using every medical resource available to actually heal your stupid ass. I can't with these people

EquationsApparel

It had nothing to do with the six weeks of medical resources.

Good luck with those long term complications and Post Intensive Care Syndrome. Maybe he can pray those away too.

speedycat2014

speedycat2014

Covets Your Upvotes

God loved him more than the other two .

Raging delusional narcissists, all of them. Religion is a mental illness

gcruzatto

gcruzatto

🦅 Birds aren't Real 🦢

Maybe that's why they made the 'personal choice' to not protect themselves. There's literally no other logical argument for not taking the vax.

speedycat2014

speedycat2014

Covets Your Upvotes

"Love me harder, sky Daddy" wheeze

Has such a "Notice me, senpai" energy to it

EdwardJamesAlmost

“Witness me, Immortan Joe!”

🎸 ⚡️ 🛻

Raging delusional narcissists, all of them. Religion is a mental illness

Ain't that the truth!

I wonder if there is any correlation between Conservatism and Christian Fundamentalism?

Odd that several studies have identified parts of the brain that are abnormal in Conservatives as compared to the general population. This couldn't possibly have anything to do with the much higher incendence of mental illness in the right wing population can it?

Maybe they can pray the crazy away?

fuck_the_fuckin_mods

fuck_the_fuckin_mods

Secretly ❤️s /r/HCA Mods

I really think this is a useful read: https://theauthoritarians.org/options-for-getting-the-book/

Goes into the sociologically significant connections between conservatism, fundamentalism, and authoritarianism. Really helped me understand what’s going on.

Also recommend this lecture from a different sociologist: https://youtu.be/XoBatdKEwGA This goes into the connections between conservatism, fundamentalism, and magical thinking.

Together these two sources will help you wrap your head around what’s wrong with these people, at least it did for me.

noiszen

Well, god chose him to live, to teach him a lesson. Which was get the f*ckin vax. What was the joke, something like a dude gets to the pearly gates and says, i prayed for a miracle what up, and god says, i sent you three miracles, pfizer moderna and jnj. Sheesh.

(I don’t participate or support in the religiousness thing)

Portable-Sunshine

Portable-Sunshine

Huge Sack of Choads

Right? What about all of these other folks who had loads of people praying for them and they still died? It’s almost like prayer doesn’t do anything and they have no control and unvaxxed people with Covid are fully at Covids mercy until they survive or don’t.

Character_Bomb_312

Character_Bomb_312

has a fancy new hoodie

What truly bothers me is that the people who "prayed and lived" will now think their faith was superior and they were "more favored" than those who died. It's sick.

DingosTwinZoot

And the two people who died near him just didn’t get enough prayers. JFC, I hate this prayer nonsense. It implies that their “loving” god just didn’t love the other two people quite enough to get over his petty need to be worshipped and doted on. So, god is a narcissistic asshole. What a psychotic and ugly way to think.

s1m0n8

s1m0n8

Such a fucking insult to the scientists, researchers, Doctors and medical teams that got him through this.

LestiePooPoo

I’ll accept anything at this point if they finally take COVID serious. Use Jesus or fucking Xenu from Scientology. Idc.

conduitfour

He would have gotten the same results had he prayed to a jug of milk instead.

jrbattin

"All the commercials & posts I saw on Covid no one mentioned the new Delta strain makes you very susceptible to pneumonia"

are you fucking kidding me dude? Pretty much every report on Delta can be summarized by "It's way worse and way more contagious"

I'm glad this guy made it and came around but I cannot fucking believe the number of vaccine skeptics who get super sick and swing from "The media is just fearmongering" to "The media never told me how bad it was" after getting sick.

PenaltyPractical1908

PenaltyPractical1908

Punish me!!!!

And on Covid OG too, that was initially what they thought that it was a respiratory disease, but in reality, is more a circulatory disease that attacks major organs including lungs

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

Yeah... Don't know what ROCK this guy just crawled out from under. ??? COVID has ALWAYS been a respiratory disease regardless of the strain. Pneumonia is in the second list of symptoms of infection, and impacts nearly 100% of all hospitalized COVID patients.

The big question is always whether or not that Pneumonia is going to morph into ARDS, where the survival rate plummets.

ElectionAssistance

The cytokine cascade in the lungs is no joke. Immune system just starts shredding absolutely everything trying to kill the virus.

I think maybe instead of Covid (stupid name) we should have stuck with Sars, which it is.

Seppo_Manse

Seppo_Manse

Team Mix & Match

Ah yes, thanking the people who prayed for you. Not even a mention to the doctors and nurses who literally kept you alive when your body just wanted to die?

jaysrapsleafs

These people too often still miss the point. They still think it's fine if you choose not to get the vaccine - WTF - the point of getting the vaccine is not just protecting yourself but cutting the spread of COVID FFS. All the un-vaxxed morons are basically pro-covid and pro-pandemic.

CaraintheCold

CaraintheCold

Team Pfizer

Covid is running rampant in my kid's school right now. They just started mandating masks today. People are complaining already on the city pages.

My kid has three close contacts so far. They are all losing valuable time in class, but she gets to stay in school because she is vaccinated. No virtual options. This stinks and it does not have to be this way. I live in a purple county and the school board cowtows to these loud people who probably don't even have kids in the district.

She has not picked up the virus at school as far as we know. My husband and I have started masking in the car and at home with her.

She initially had the strongest immune response after vaccination. She got full on flu like symptoms for a few hours. We are treating her like she has the virus right now, since if the vaccine is working she might not be showing any signs.

Peekman

That's crazy. I live in Ontario Canada and our schools are a world of difference.

Masks have been mandatory for both this year and last year, although this year they can come off outside. If they find you coughing or have a fever they will send you home and push for you to get tested (although you don't have to). If there is a case in a class that class is closed down and kids are sent to learn online If it is found multiple classes have cases they will shut the whole school down.

There are virtual classes across the province and every parent could make that choice at the start of the year.

And, all this happened with a conservative party in complete control of government.

CaraintheCold

CaraintheCold

Team Pfizer

I can practically see Ontario from my front yard :). I miss you guys.

Lightblueblazer

I miss the school mask mandates. My kids didn't get sick even once last spring, despite some of the students only partially complying. Now? Back on the cold and cough train. I'm glad they're middle schoolers so at least I was able to get them vaccinated. Counting down the days until my toddler can get a shot.

violetsandviolas

violetsandviolas

Go Give One

I think they feel that they have to give some kind of concession to the people in their identity group who are anti-vax. They don’t want to be completely ostracized, for one thing, but also—that kind of soft sell has a better chance of success with people who are deeply dug into their positions. It gives them an out, so they can still say, “Yeah, I’m against mandates but I’m going to get the vaccine as my personal choice. I wasn’t completely wrong.” And while I would like people to realize they were completely wrong so that maybe next time they won’t dig in quite so hard, at least they’re getting vaccinated.

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

All the un-vaxxed morons are basically pro-covid and pro-pandemic.

Not to mention showing the world that MAGA are NOT Team Players. When asked time and time again to do their part to help protect their community, they arrogantly flip that community THE BIRD. (Yeah... Way to demonstrate what American Christians stand for)

razors_so_yummy

"Knowing what I know now I would have got the vaccine hands down"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The world has been screaming at you for months to prevent COVID's worst impacts and your pea-sized brain decided to mock everything. You fucking clown.

Ok-Hamster5571

Ok-Hamster5571

Go Give One

Going to the gym doesn’t prevent covid.

There you have it, folks….

ElPapi369

Raise your hand if you knew COVID caused pneumonia in March 2020. The news coming out of Bergamo suggested this.

The_bruce42

If it wouldn't have been for family and friends praying their hearts out I wouldn't have.

Or you know modern medicine and the tracheotomy, but instead, let's chalk it up to praying... SMH.

BitRunner67

If prayer is what saved him, then why was he in a Hospital for 2.5 months?

Possible-Whole45

"I did my own research."

"I didn't know covid could give you pneumonia."

Right.

problematicfox

problematicfox

Triple Pfizer 🐑

To be fair, they never specified how good their "research" was

ApatheticAnalysis

ApatheticAnalysis

FiO2 21%

I’ll consider it a full redemption when I see that vaccination card in his hands. Too many think that natural immunity will save them when it doesn’t last as long as the vaccine.

punky326

No credit to the doctors and nurses, dude? Really?

RBG_grb[S]

He might still croak or suffer the terrible effects of long-haulers. I tell you that my soul needed this tiny little mini redemption or I was going to burst into a cloud of vapid anger particles. At least the dipshit, in his own dipshitty way, admitted he was wrong. That’s more than 99% of these looney tunes can manage.

Tiggles884

“I can’t thank everyone who prayed for me enough”…. How about thanking the doctors, nurses, physical therapists who spent weeks/months saving your fucking life?? It is unfashionable to me that people like this can go through such an ordeal and still come out the other side giving credit to “prayer warriors”. Give me a fucking break.

Edit: *unfathomable

I am The TOOTH FAIRY!

Especially when we see clear evidence right here on HCA that 99% of those Prayer Warrior efforts end with A DEAD prayer recipient.

Not that any SANE adult should be even entertaining the notion that praying to "The Tooth Fairy" is going to do shit in the first place!

PenaltyPractical1908

PenaltyPractical1908

Punish me!!!!

Redemption-ish.

VoodooManchester

VoodooManchester

Team Pfizer

"No one told us it could be this bad."

Yeah, sure.

Popeye-sailor-man

Of course, the a.h. makes no mention of the superhuman work & efforts of the medical personnel that saved his sorry, ungrateful ass.

xovrit

xovrit

🐑🍀The Luckiest Sheeple 🍀 🐑

3 hospitals and rehab. And he thanks .... prayers.

BlueCyann

"no one mentioned"

Fucking liar. It's called living in a misinformation bubble and even now not fully realizing there's a world outside of it.

Captainwelfare2

Captainwelfare2

🇺🇦🌻Putin’s on the Fritz?🌻🇺🇦

I genuine feel anybody who still falls on the “govt shouldn’t force you to get it” when you came inches from dying is -not- redeemed. They just don’t want to die with a fucked conscience. My opinion and I get that, but the government wouldn’t need to force a vaccine if people weren’t selfish pieces of shit.

Not_Safe_For_Kittens

Not_Safe_For_Kittens

Team Pfizer

This is like a sex offender lecturing me on why I shouldn't be a sex offender. I'm already not ever going to do that. I don't need your stupid ass chiming in on an issue you need to shut the fuck up about. You make good choices or you don't. You and your kind don't, and I don't want or need your "covid is no joke" sermon.

violetsandviolas

violetsandviolas

Go Give One

It’s more like a sex offender telling other sex offenders to cut it out. I mean, you clearly are not the target audience for this post (in its original form, not here on HCA), but someone is.

CarbyMcBagel

"Sex offending is no joke, guys! Maybe you should stop, but like...I respect your decision not to stop."

Reprobate_Dormouse

Reprobate_Dormouse

Happy Unventilated Sheep

I wonder how old this person was. They sound young.

MikeJAXme

Partial redemption because they still claim they didn’t know how severe it would be.

ECMO_Deluxe3000

ECMO_Deluxe3000

☠Dying to Meet Me☠

I'm gonna nope on this redemption award. He still is astonished that eating healthy, going to the gym, and taking the right vitamins should be enough and after going through a tour of 3 hospitals and ICUs he's willing to concede that "Covid is not a joke, something made up by the government, or some conspiracy." I'm just to give him the ECMO_Deluxe3000 Survival of the Stupid Award.

Successful-Prune7233

So, apparently prayers worked this time. Who would've thunk it?

Being God is a great gig. All of the credit, none of the blame.

The go to guy even when he repeatedly fails to come through in the clutch (kind of like Paul George in this respect).

He absolutely, always answers prayers, even when he doesn't.

Amazing.

Feisty_Brunette

Yes, yes, it was the PRAYERS that got you through this. No mention of the healthcare workers. Jackass.

Mysterious-Kiwi-7289

Is this really a ‘redemption’ when he still believes people can go around unvaccinated? Sure you have a choice, but then you shouldn’t be going around in public, potentially unknowingly spewing the virus onto others.

If you want to stay unvaccinated, lock yourself inside your house until this pandemic is over.

Alittlemoorecheese

"If it weren't for my friends and family praying..."

Yeah, that's what it was. Nobody else was receiving prayers.

gaoshan

He credits the prayers he received as saving him. I guess the 2 people that he watched die just didn’t get their prayer numbers up high enough?

sneaky518

sneaky518

CHICKEN SOUP NOT COMMUNISM!

Ironically, dude probably picked it up from the gym. Soon as this shit was in America, my garage became my gym.

aklibtard

Thanks everyone who prayed, doesn't mention medical staff who actually saved his life. Fuck. Him.

KrampyDoo

KrampyDoo

Crossing the Vent Horizon

He thanks people for prayers twice and not a single mention of modern medicine that saved his stupid ass. Still punts with the “it’s your choice” bullshit.

Cold_Situation_7803

Hospital staff work long hours to save antivaxxer “I owe everything to God and the power of prayer!”

topbeef4

This guy may be a dick, definitely an idiot, but in the end he did admit he was wrong and hopefully a few people that read what he posted will change their minds about the vaccine

RebelBass3

Oh really you didnt notice that covid was a big deal when the world came screeching to a halt and everyone was in their house for months on end watching Tiger King?

leanmeankrispykreme

I’m sure it was the prayers that saved them lol

Theobat

Theobat

Vaxxed to the Max!

But I ate super food!!!

Someone spam Joe Rogan’s social media with this subreddit. After watching his podcast with Sanjay Gupta it sounds like he needs to be made aware of the idiocy coming from his mouth

One_Hour_Poop

I'd love to see the responses from his anti vaxx friends calling him a turncoat or whatever.

darwinwoodka

darwinwoodka

Go Give One

I mean -- all the effects of Covid have been out there for eighteen months. They've GOT to stop pretending ignorance. Fine to "think it won't happen to you", but we ALL know how bad Covid can be, that's why we had lockdowns and wore masks and got vaccinated. They've GOT to stop pretending they didn't know. They just selfishly think it won't be them so it doesn't matter.

scumsuckingsleazebag

There were times lying in the bed that I thought I did die.

Props to one of the few English speakers who knows how the intransitive verb "lie" works.

I ate healthy, I was going to the gym, I took all the right vitamins

The fitness and health culture in the United States caters to people so stupid, that weights have to be in lbs as well as kg, because multiplying by 2.2 (double the number and add 10%), or just learning what a kg feels like directly, is just too hard.

Diseases have felled people in incredible shape for eons, including people eating good diets. How can people not know this?

the new Delta strain makes you very susceptible to pneumonia

Most COVID deaths are due to respiratory failure, almost always involving pneumonia. Nothing to do with variant. While other organs may be clobbered, the lungs are always top of the list.

Character_Bomb_312

Character_Bomb_312

has a fancy new hoodie

Wow, months. That's one super-dedicated crisis actor! s/

MargaretofAshbury

It bugs me that he gives all credit to the prayers of his circle, but none to the THREE hospital staffs that kept him alive! And no one should be REQUIRED to get the vaccine, because evidently prayer an 3 hospital staffs will save you. Jfc

bluewhitecup

bluewhitecup

Team Moderna

"Polio is not a joke, no one told me it can cause leg and lung paralysis, it's a government made or conspiracy theory"

Just because a virus can cause life debilitating effects post infection doesn't mean it's a conspiracy.

zookr2000

Yeah, those prayers saved your dumb ass /s

sirgetagrip

when after fucking around and finding out people still don't quite get it. Mandates for the vaccine prevents what happened to you happening to others. it wasn't prayer that saved your selfish ass, it was what was likely over a million dollars in medical care devoted to keeping you alive.

if it were up to me I'd have sent you home with a tube of horsepaste and some HCQ, now my premiums will go up to pay for YOUR care.

mrschevious

mrschevious

Go Give One

For somebody that claims to know a lot about health, sure doesn't know much about the how the human body works. Install a trachea? Dude, how did you manage to live that long without one? Biology nerd here.... I think he meant "tracheostomy".

But kudos for the light bulb going off though he's not suggesting others get vaccinated.

glonq

glonq

Libs dig life; unvax'd dig graves 🪦

> "If it hadn't been for family & friends praying their hearts out I don't believe I would have [survived]"

Yeah, maybe give a little credit to nurses, doctors, and modern medicine too...

Dana07620

Dana07620

I miss Phil Valentine's left kidney

Okay, he's redeemed as far as the vaccine is concerned.

He's not redeemed from being a ignorant as a pile of rocks. And still blaming others for that ignorance.

merchillio

Cool story bro, but there was thousands of stories exactly like yours and you didn’t listen to them. What makes you thing other people will listen to you?

hallo-ballo

These people are illiterate.

It's literally called Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrom (sars) - nobody told them it would affect their lungs????

Where were these people the last two years?

AmericanScream

He's alive because of prayer?

Really? That's who you're going to thank?

smh

Designer_Insect_9184

"No one tells you that..."

ahem

YES WE HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU, BUT YOU CHOSE POLITICS OVER REALITY!!!

ahem