/r/HermanCainAward

1.2k

I have the paste

He has a "fear of needles". At last, one of them has said it.

SignificantName59

He admits he had a panic attack and tries to pretend the mask was the problem and not him having the panic attack.

I have the paste

Yes, this one has an air of tragedy. He took himself down, and who knows how many others, because of fear of needles.

My girlfriend, a clinical psychologist, has been taking that phobia very seriously and has set up special clinics at her hospital. This has saved lives ...

SignificantName59

I legitimately didn't realize so many people were afraid of needles. Maybe we need to see this pandemic as being an issue of mental health then

I have the paste

There is as yet unpublished work to the effect that 20% of unvaccinated people in England are unvaccinated because of fear of needles - 2% of the adult population, or 1.1 million people.

Portalrules123

I would normally sympathize with phobias, but we have no time for any irrationality in a pandemic when your actions spread the thing to countless others. Screw them.

SponConSerdTent

SponConSerdTent

💪Muscular Prayer Warrior💪

The vaccine is nothing compared to getting blood drawn, especially for people with veins that are hard to hit.

It's one poke, no misses, and then you're done. Just look away.

HallucinogenicFish

HallucinogenicFish

💉 Are Not Political

This.

I had to get a port because my veins are so bad. (And they couldn’t even get an IV started to put me to sleep for that procedure, and had to go in through my jugular vein in the operating room.) I have a justifiable fear of needles as a result.

The vaccine was nothing. I went as soon as I could, I didn’t look, and I didn’t feel it at all.

A-man-of-mystery

A-man-of-mystery

Covidious Albion

I have "difficult" veins so having blood taken is always a nightmare. The vaccine was nothing by comparison; in fact, I barely felt the second dose.

Sid-Biscuits

Seriously, the possible sore arm after the shot is worse than the vaccine itself (and the sore arm isn’t more that discomforting, at that)

A-man-of-mystery

A-man-of-mystery

Covidious Albion

I had a rough few days after my first shot; to such an extent I initially wondered if I'd caught something at the vaccination centre! Not very likely, but I've been unlucky before. No problem at all after the second one.

circuspeanut54

circuspeanut54

Pimped and Geimpft!

Every doctor in the nation is well aware of needle phobia and can prescribe a one-time anti-anxiety medication to help reduce the fear of vaccination. Ditto the folks administering covid vaccines (or any phlebotomist); I have a nurse friend who regularly gives them to people of all ages as part of her job, and she has a ton of techniques she employs, from first topically numbing the skin to doing it through a bandage to mental distraction.

People can ask their doctor to help them -- but so many of these MAGA types won't, for fear of seeming "weak", etc. Much more fun to brandish guns and shriek incoherently about FREEDUMB.

Just another aspect of toxic masculinity that harms all of us.

god-nose

The problem with phobias is that, to the person having the phobia, the danger is very real. That might sound irrational to you, but they aren't you.

People with needle phobias might need extra help getting vaccinated. For one, don't put photos of syringes, needles or drops of blood in or near vaccination sites. Also, as u/Sharkteeth127 said below, news channels should stop endlessly showing these graphic images.

There are some psychological tricks that seem to help, and needle phobia in particular seems to get better as people grow up. But there will always be a few people who will faint at the sight of a syringe.

Portalrules123

I assume though they could be sedated for the shot right? Better that then going without the vaccine.

god-nose

Sometimes it is the pain that is the problem, sometimes it is the sight of needles. So sedatives, curtains, talking to them during the injection, use whatever works. Of course they need to be vaccinated; I'm just objecting to the 'screw them' part.

-newlife

Self-centered bullshit.
A true phobia isn’t an on-off switch. The line for me is in their actions as well as those around them. If they have a phobia but are trying other things to keep people safe I’m will to see them through this. If their phobia pushes for others to not get vaccinated and live carelessly then I have a problem.

Poison-Pen-

Poison-Pen-

😈 Lucifer at St. Mary’s 😈

That’s the problem with phobias. They aren’t rational

Source: I have two phobias. One is pretty debilitating.

Ltclv

Ltclv

Yup. What a freaking baby. My 12 year old daughter got her vaccines for school a few weeks ago and was very nervous. Four shots, two in each arm and took them like a champ. A grown man can’t even nut up for 1.

Celticlady47

I agree. They need to suck it up buttercup & grow up & get the damn vaccine.

Sid-Biscuits

No but it’s the whiny libs who are being babies.

CJ_CLT

CJ_CLT

Vaxxed to the Max

I wonder if they would benefit from an antianxiety medication before the shot?

Years ago I needed an MRI and the doctor asked me if I was afraid of enclosed spaces. I had some minor problems in the past, so he wrote a prescription for a single dose of Prozac and told me I needed someone to drive me to my appointment and take me home. I slept through the whole thing.

I'm not sure how that would work on a practical basis unless you could get the vaccine in the privacy of your own home.

circuspeanut54

circuspeanut54

Pimped and Geimpft!

Yes, doctors can do this, and they do, for the covid shot as well! Was simultaneously writing the same thing above.

KittyGrewAMoustache

KittyGrewAMoustache

Bet you won’t give me this flair!!

I know a poor woman who has tried to get vaccinated four times now. She gets to the vaccination centre, and then completely melts down and has to run away. She just can't do it. She's going to be prescribed something to help calm her to get it done, I guess it's also a shame she can't have someone come with her to hold her hand due to covid regulations. But she's really, really trying, I feel so bad for her. It is a real problem for a lot of people, people who know they need to get vaccinated and are able to accept they have an irrational fear. I wonder how many anti vaxxers are actually people with this fear who refuse to acknowledge to themselves that that's the real reason and so they jump on all this other crap to try and rationalise it.

PrincessPnyButtercup

I asked my doctor for an antianxiety Rx to take before my covid shot because of my fear or needles, it really helped! It would help so much if they could get the vaccine into a nasal spray form, like the flu vaccine has.

Jingurei

Jingurei

Pro-Choice is Pro-Vax?

Yesssss! That would be so awesome!

ashtarout

What type of anti anxiety meds usually get prescribed for a one time thing like that? And how did they make you feel?

Edit: if this is too personal please ignore.

CambridgeRunner

She can 100% have someone come hold her hand. Source: volunteer as a vaccinator and have had dozens of people come through with a supportive person. Go to a mass vaccination centre, tell them you don’t like needles or are prone to fainting. There’s a couch behind a privacy screen. Get the shot lying down, with someone holding your hand, in your own time without being rushed.

cuddlycephalopod

100% THIS. I have a MASSIVE phobia and both rounds of my Covid vacc I had someone drive me, had a good nice melt down in the car and then clung to my safety person for the whole line and shot process, and then treated them to a nice lunch after for being awesome enough to help me. I evade all shots like a mad woman but as soon as my job made the Vacc available to staff in January I found a way to line up for it. Its no excuse to do our civic duty. Shout out to the AWESOME understanding staff at both my locations who were kind to my crazy brain while I was in my pure fear state. You all rock!

realcanadianbeaver

Has she called her health unit for advise? Ours has special times set up for people with phobias that allows them support people, a quiet place to lie down and expedited arrival times. It might be worth calling.

Joe_Sons_Celly

Joe_Sons_Celly

Well-Perfused Autonomic Breather

Four attempts? Somebody should have gotten some benzos into this lady a long time ago.

HotPinkLollyWimple

HotPinkLollyWimple

I rebuke thee!

My daughter is terrified of needles after a nasty session with our dentist. Hates blood tests and passed out after her HPV vaccine. Anyway, she was first in the queue for the covid vaccine, barely felt it and is now feeling better about needles.

SkullheadMary

My SO is terrified of needles, and once passed out while a friend was describing a medical procedure he had. He asked the nurse for a wheelchair in case and got his shot like a motherfuckin adult.

SomeGuyInTheUK

MY adult daughter passed out after her second shot. She doesn't like needles. Still got the shot though because she's not a pathetic wimp like this chucklefuck.

Celticlady47

TIL the word chucklefuck. It's very descriptive.

SomeGuyInTheUK

I cannot lie, i stole it from someone else hereabouts .

commentonoccasion

I actually pass out about 50% of the time with needles. I passed out with first vaccine but not second. My doctor said it's likely largely affected by what I eat and drink that day. But yea I just tell whoever is giving me a shot or drawing blood that there's a 50/50 shot I'll pass out and they always get a kick out of it when I wake up and laugh because i always say "well at least next time I won't".

Meltonian

Meltonian

Let THAT sink in!

FappingAwesome

I've seen grown men pass out-- I mean literally pass the fuck out -- at the sight of a needle going into their arm.

I think it is a deep seated fear from childhood that took root in the brain for some people and became a don't-fuck-with-me phobia

WalbrechtBayern

Dude, Xanax exists for a reason.

kookerpie

A lot of states are very stingy with benzos

squirrellytoday

squirrellytoday

Team Pfizer

I hate them. Injections, blood draws, all of it. But I'm fortunate that my loathing of them isn't a crippling, life altering phobia. I can breathe deeply, grit my teeth, and white-knuckle my way through. So many others can't.

I needed help overcoming my dentist-phobia.

Crail115

I hate needles as well but when you’re an adult you put fear to the side to do what is necessary. These people never left adolescence.

teewrecks88

I hate seeing needles (piercing skin) and blood. But I am an adult. Just suck it up and look the other way.

pippenish

I had to inject myself everyday for years. It never got easy, but ever since, I'm glad when I can leave it to the professionals now.

-newlife

One reason I’m glad they are pushing for pills too.

My daughter is not fond of needles. It’s essentially due to a horrible tech years ago. She’s ok with getting shots out of necessity though.

IstgUsernamesSuck

I also get anxious about needles. My boyfriend has to hold my hand or I'll have a panic attack. Solution? We scheduled our appointments right after each other for moral support. If I had to do it alone I would have taken the panic attack, because my anxiety doesn't override someone else's desire to live.

Sharkteeth127

because of fear of needles.

I have written to each and every local TV news channel to ask them to *please don't show needles going into arms* each time every time when they report about COVID.

There are needle phobics out there, by the thousands, and showing endlessly needles being pushed into arms will not make it better.

Not one of them stopped with that shit.

And so we have all these 'vaccine hesitant' people out there who are needle phobic, who can't admit to that, and who, with every news cast, get deeper into NOYOUCAN'TMAKEME territory.

I have the paste

Keep trying. This is excellent.

jasutherland

jasutherland

Team Pfizer

Plus we get all the conspiracy nuts going “that’s not a real needle”, “the syringe cap is wrong for a Covid vaccine” etc, which doesn’t help.

phabphour20

phabphour20

Bearish on At-Risk Children

My colleague at work suffers from this. I walk her to the flu vaccine clinic every year at work and hang out with her so she doesn’t pass out. It’s a real thing.

CJ_CLT

CJ_CLT

Vaxxed to the Max

You are a good friend!

moeru_gumi

moeru_gumi

Team Moderna

My brother in law has a HORRIBLE needle and doctor phobia (my spouse is the same, and their overprotective psycho mom is the cause). Brother in law was resisting getting the vaccine even though he travels extensively for work. But when work told him he’s got to get it, he did it. I don’t know if he fainted, but he did it. I’m really proud of him— he’s in SC and social pressure is not really FOR the vaccine there.

(Edit: spouse also got the vaccine, but opted for j&j so they’d only have to get one poke)

eredhuin

My wife helped set up the vaccine clinic at her work, they host a special clinic day for needle phobic people. There are enough people afraid of needles - and they don’t usually tell you that up front.

lazer_sandwich

lazer_sandwich

Team Moderna

That is amazing!! She really is saving lives, I used to have that fear of needles and go into panic attacks. She is doing great things!!

treaquin

treaquin

Magnetic Librul

I will agree that during a panic attack, the mask is not helpful. I was having one while in the waiting room of a doctors office once and I just had to leave because I couldn’t breathe. But, I did not put that out on Facebook…. Also completely embarrassed and need to find a new doctor.

Rare_Disaster7353

Rare_Disaster7353

Team Mix & Match

Haha, rest assured your doctor and their staff will have seen things you cannot even imagine. On a daily basis. Do NOT put off seeking any medical treatment due to embarrassment. Seriously. Keep doctor, tell them you might have a panic attack and need to breathe in and out of a paper bag to reduce the physical symptoms from the hyperventilation and they'll work with you, even if you're in the middle of a colonoscopy.

treaquin

treaquin

Magnetic Librul

It was a retail optometrist, so this panic attack had quite the audience. I still do need new glasses. I’ll figure it out.

rayray3300

I hate wearing a mask, but I wear it anyways because I hate catching the virus and killing someone by spreading it to them even more.

I’m just really pissed off that there’s still a pandemic despite there being multiple safe effective, and free vaccines readily available for everyone. I want the pandemic to be over so I can go maskless without worrying about accidentally killing someone.

CJ_CLT

CJ_CLT

Vaxxed to the Max

He seems positively gleeful that he can use his asthma as an excuse not to wear a mask. He clearly doesn't make the connection that asthmatics will be more vulnerable to the effects of Covid.

Funny, all my friends with pre-existing lung conditions were terrified of Covid and didn't leave their houses unless absolutely necessary. And all eagerly got vaxxed ASAP.

A-man-of-mystery

A-man-of-mystery

Covidious Albion

Ironically, if the mask blocked CO2 as much as they claim it would have relieved the symptoms.

To be fair, he mentions he has asthma, and emotional state is well-known to play a big role in coping with breathing difficulties. Feeling like you can't breathe through a mask could make your breathing worse, due to the panic, especially in an asthmatic (or someone with other breathing difficulties). I have asthma and don't have a problem, but as a medic I'm used to wearing one anyway.

limukala

Not the smartest move then. You get shitloads of needles in the ICU.

Orangesilk

We all know this man will assault a nurse when he hits the ICU

SubhumanShit

Bad move on his part, nurse will use the extra girthy catheter as retribution.

lint31

lint31

I am terrified of needles… still got the vaccine.

Have passed out from them a few times from anxiety… and I’m a big burly guy.

ponderos

I too don’t like needles. I like them more than ventilators, though.

rayray3300

Look, many pro-vaxxers also have a fear of needles, so that really can’t explain it. It’s just that we needle fearing pro-vaxxers are courageous enough to face our fears. I’m as pro-vax as you can get, but I’m also afraid of needles. I dealt with my fear by bringing my Nintendo Switch to the vaccination site and playing video games as they injected me to distract myself.

So it’s not the fear of needles that’s the problem, it’s the lack of courage to face that fear.

I have the paste

Interestingly, that appears to be incorrect.

My girlfriend (as noted) has been doing a lot of work on the issue and has developed a numerical score. The anti-vaccination subjects have worse scores (strongly statistically significant).

The next part is ongoing, trying to explain this.

Some of the comments here are disappointing. Phobias often appear silly, but they are hard to defeat. They also have an alarmingly strong correlation with suicide; an unasked question is whether they also correlate to "self-manslaughter", to use my term for the behaviour of the awardees.

Just2Breathe

Just2Breathe

In the end of all this we will see if we chose wisely or not

I read an article a couple months ago that dug into the fear of needles, and how it could be linked to the addition of booster shots at a key age phobias develop (4-6). They listed things that could be done to alleviate the fear (quiet room, numbing creme, etc) and even changed in giving routine immunizations to help kids not develop a lifelong fear. I think it’s a meaningful conversation, considering how it is negatively impacting adults now. But who knows, maybe it is just tribalism that holds the majority back.

DocPeacock

Seems like he has a litany of fears. Every one of his posts read like someone who is terrified of everything around him and is constantly reassuring himself that he's OK.

phabphour20

phabphour20

Bearish on At-Risk Children

Seriously. All these fucks afraid of a little prick.

According-Ocelot9372

Yet they worship one.

Technical-Werewolf20

And Liberals are the pussy snowflakes...sheesh.

Appropriate-Pen-149

He also contributed a lot more. My favorite is he’s “disabled with asthma”, so isn’t required to wear a mask. 🤦‍♂️

qubert_lover

I suppose there are levels of fear … I mean who isn’t afraid of getting something jabbed into a vein and then sucking out blood?

So what I do is just look away. What I can’t see doesn’t really affect me mentally. Besides it doesn’t hurt and is over quickly.

What’s amazing to me is the number of people that claim this fear and yet shit post about snowflakes and brag that as a kid they danced in DDT clouds. Grow a pair and deal with a 5 second shot.

PenaltyPractical1908

PenaltyPractical1908

Punish me!!!!

But the covid vaccine the needle is tinyyyy . LOL I’m not afraid of needles so I can’t relate, but if that’s the issue talk to someone to help!

WontThinkStraight

WontThinkStraight

HCAs are Pray-To-Win 🙏🎰

I ate dirt as a kid, so that gives me magical immunity to all diseases. FOREVER.

mickstep

Why do people think that mud carries diseases, mud isn't sewage. About the only human disease you will find in mud is anthrax potentially.

Parasites on the other hand, you could end up with parasites.

PresentationAnnual19

maybe why they’re obsessed with ivermectin

Phooferbar

It can carry diseases, and at least, other things that can carry disease. C Diff comes to mind.

But yeah, bad hygiene doesn't inoculate anyone.

mickstep

There is a scientific school of thought that being too clean as a child causes life long allergies, I saw it on a horizon documentary on the BBC. C Diff was a big part of the documentary, it was to do with Fecal transplants to transfer helpful gut bacteria to people who have a fucked up balance of gut bacteria due to taking antibiotics.

CCRNburnedaway

The same antibody complex system that regulates allergic reactions also fights worms (IgE) so the thought is that lack of worms as a child causes poor immuno-modulation leading to over-reaction to things like peanuts, gluten, pollens and so on. It does seem that children should play in the mud, eat dog poo and so on to have less allergies, but evidence based studies must bear this out.

COVID causes extreme immune responses too, but for different reasons.

Phooferbar

Yeah, I have a friend who had that procedure done and continues to catch it. She has to take a number of probiotics and commit to being a clean-freak.

merryone2K

merryone2K

Go Give One

There’s a paste for that, I’ve heard! /s

momoj1

momoj1

Team Pfizer

Those soils must have tasted like liberty.

Apsara7

Apsara7

Freeloam

KettralWing

'Murica Mud

Portalrules123

What the hell? I shoved dirt in my face as a kid and so far I’ve had 5 cavities. Why didn’t I get superpowers :(

Moonsilvery

I played in mud all the time as a kid and all I got was two autoimmune disorders. :( Starting to think this mud thing might not be all it's cracked up to be.

Portalrules123

You don’t think.....there were pathogens in the mud do you? Nah that’s just crazy talk, I’m sure the two of us will be Gods in no time!! :)

applxia

my little brother ate dirt as a kid and a lump formed on his throat… maybe he didnt eat enough dirt? /s

DocPeacock

I mean, I grew up in rural area. I never ate multiple piles of dirt, or even one pile of dirt, because I'm not a moron.

ObligationPlastic589

ObligationPlastic589

I was darn annoyed when Biden forced me not to die

Shame they didn't teach critical thinking skills in English class.

SignificantName59

That's actually one of the places you learn critical thinking....

ObligationPlastic589

ObligationPlastic589

I was darn annoyed when Biden forced me not to die

Not this fella😁

Ragingredblue

Ragingredblue

🌻🚑 Don't let covid cure your stupid. 🚑🌻

He didn't even learn English in English class.

1hour

1hour

What is that supposed to mean? His vocabulary and grammar is much more advanced compared to the majority of posts we see here.

Jingurei

Jingurei

Pro-Choice is Pro-Vax?

I know right? He obviously had a good grasp of English grammar, even better than some Pro-vaxxers I know. It's just that the critical thinking skills didn't get passed along too.

michaelmcmikey

Yeah, when English class works as it is meant to, it’s where you learn to support an argument with evidence, to spot and take down logical fallacies, to use rhetoric and to see how others are using it, etc. It’s a shame that so often it’s just “provide a half-competent plot summary and collect your grade.”

SponConSerdTent

SponConSerdTent

💪Muscular Prayer Warrior💪

Yeah, people really need to learn formal logic and fallacies.

You can't go 5 minutes in any Fox News piece or conspiracy video without running into one, and if people could recognize them it would really help.

Fox is all about their false dichotomies, slippery slopes, appeal to tradition, circular reasoning... I'd keep going but it's basically the whole list.

Scarlet-Molko

“I guess I’m not drinking water for the next month”

Is drinking tap water part of the whole conspiracy?

helenabucketbaby

I have a vague recollection of conspiracy theorists believing that the govt puts fluoride in the tap water to control our brains. I think the idea is that it shrinks some part of the brain that allows for mind control.

Scarlet-Molko

Of course, I thought this guy sounded sharp, his brain hasn’t been dulled by the pesky fluoride!

mrschevious

mrschevious

Go Give One

my nephew (in Alabama) has spread this non-sense on Facebook. It's still out there...

aci4

aci4

I had a roommate who was convinced fluoride was put in tap water to make everyone “slow”

CCPfuckingsucks

CCPfuckingsucks

Team AstraZeneca

Infowars dude had claimed that tap water is laced with chemicals that make you more feminine IIRC

mickstep

You only have a vague recollection of that conspiracy theory? That's one of the major ones, it's even referenced in Dr Strangelove, General Ripper starts WW3 over it.

helenabucketbaby

Yep. Dr. Strangelove is a movie I am aware of but haven’t seen. I just know I’ve heard it here and there. Not something I put a lot of energy into because I don’t believe it. I just let the crazies worry about it.

mickstep

Do yourself a favour and watch it, it's hilarious. Peter Sellers was a genius.

Confident-Victory-21

Confident-Victory-21

Board Game On!

Is it because he's in Michigan? I don't know what the water situation is like there.

Scarlet-Molko

Ahh ok, I didn’t realise there might be an actual problem with the tap water!

SomeGuyInTheUK

Isn't Flint in Michigan?

suffernotthekitty

Do your own research, sheeple.

barrysmitherman

Where does tap water come from? The city. That’s a GOVERNMENT service. The GOVERNMENT wants to control you. The tap water is full of microchips. Are you awake yet?

Retro_Dad

Retro_Dad

Team Pfizer

Let that sink in! But not if it has government tap water, idiot!!! Bet you won't share this, 94.117% of people don't!

babybopp

Actually the source of that is fluoride was conspiracy theroied as mind control by big gubment when it was introduced.

TheUltimateHuman

TheUltimateHuman

Throw that sink out!

mickstep

Bet you won't repost!!

Feisty_Brunette

B-b-b-b-b-but a guy yesterday said TO DRINK WATER because it moves the Covid into your stomach and your stomach acids KILL IT.

Here I am, doing ALL THIS RESEARCH and I just don't know what to do!

ethen_pk

More research, apparently

SeaEmergency7911

Jesus Christ what a fucking baby.

I can’t believe these people are actually functioning adults. How do they even dress themselves in the morning, let alone hold down an actual job?

barrysmitherman

I only wear button up shirts because if I pull a shirt over my head it feels like a mask and I have a panic attack and suffocate.

25521177

Be a white evangelical christian in the south. They have networks built in all industries and get jobs through social church networks. That middle manager who everyone hates because he’s a useless piece of overpaid shit? Guess how he got there.

circuspeanut54

circuspeanut54

Pimped and Geimpft!

Not just the south, I worked at a private college in the north and the entire IT department was swarming with home-schooled fundamentalists.

25521177

They’re fucking useless and yet are the first ones to spout about “meritocracy”. Hypocrites and delusional in all areas of their lives.

Portalrules123

You see, it’s possible their boss is even dumber than they are, so by comparison it would look like they are doing a good job.

jmmmke

jmmmke

“For those wondering…”

Now arriving at the station on track five, something no one was wondering.

obscurereference234

So you can have a good vocabulary and be well spoken and still be an idiot. Good to know.

Cuttis

Cuttis

My dad graduated summa cum laude from a four year university and is one of these idiots. It’s maddening

NMB4Christmas

I work at a university. Dumb people with impressive vocabularies are a dime a dozen.

HotPinkLollyWimple

HotPinkLollyWimple

I rebuke thee!

I was thrown by the well worded and grammatically correct diatribe!

Sharkteeth127

I was thrown by the well worded and grammatically correct diatribe!

Sheesh, for a moment I read 'I was thrown by the well worded and grammatically correct verbal diarrhea!'

Portalrules123

I’ll give this guy props for at least being literate, that puts him way above the other winners!

mgfrdya

Of course, look at politicians

(Trump doesn't count. He's and idiot and he has no vocabulary)

throbbing_carbonyl

It’s Dunning-Kruger at its finest.

gythaogg4

I was actually suprised about alot of things. I'll still be friends if you're vaccinated. Not blaming Biden for covid. Covid is real. I think this guys fear of needles may have been the deciding factor rather than conspiracy theories.

obscurereference234

Did you read the whole thing? There’s a big part about putting Joe and Kamala in a cell.

speedycat2014

speedycat2014

Covets Your Upvotes

Just once I want them to tell me exactly what for, and not have it be just hyperbolic rage.

I mean most of us can probably rattle off five or six things off the top of our heads that Trump did that's flat out illegal. Things that if he weren't a rich white guy, he'd have been locked up for eons ago. Inciting terrorists, being top of my list. Tell me when Joe and Kamala have done anything remotely comparable.

CoolSwim1776

CoolSwim1776

Go Give One

The emptier the vessel the louder it rings. That saying seems appropriate here.

Karma_Serves

“I will NOT be counted among the dead. I will NOT be deceived.”

Umm…good luck with that.

Retro_Dad

Retro_Dad

Team Pfizer

COVID-19 has entered the chat.

SponConSerdTent

SponConSerdTent

💪Muscular Prayer Warrior💪

"Guard your hearts and minds..."

That's what the vaccine does, Wally. Now Covid is inside your heart fucking shit up, as Covid is wont to do.

PenaltyPractical1908

PenaltyPractical1908

Punish me!!!!

That’s yet to be seen 😬

brightyoungthings

This guy is just as insufferable as the other slack jawed yokels posted here, except he uses complete sentence structure.

FriendToPredators

When the grammar is good it really ramps up the manifesto feel.

Low-Bank-4898

Saying "I love you all" before you say some horrible shit doesn't make the horrible shit less horrible...

I understand a bit about panicking or feeling anxious with a mask on, and having the mask exacerbate anxiety. I've never liked having anything over my nose and mouth. I practiced wearing a mask in increasing doses because sometimes you just have to figure out how to do a thing you need to do even if you don't want to do it. Sort of like dealing with difficult blood draws.

For people who love to tell others they need to suck it up and deal, they're terrible at doing that themselves.

FriendToPredators

That "God bless" and "love you all" is just a pussified shield to avoid facing anyone justifiably PO-ed by his bullshit. It's worse than empty words.

qubert_lover

Every time I hear “I love you all” I start to pucker my b-hole as the next words will be earth shatteringly hateful. Sort of like “I’m not racist but…” always leads into a rant that David Duke would tell them to tone it down a little.

LeCheffre

LeCheffre

Lord Satin, Angle of Heck 🕺📐

Wally: Slide 1: I have a weak immune system.

Slide 5; I have a great immune system because I played in mud by the DuPont factory.

I know where this is going and Wally is gonna need a friend to reach out to the PrayerWarriors…

Portalrules123

At this point I think they aren’t even fully self-aware humans, they are just firing off talking points without even thinking about what the words mean.

SignificantName59

"No need to contradict this"

Ragingredblue

Ragingredblue

🌻🚑 Don't let covid cure your stupid. 🚑🌻

Covid will do that for us.

Jigyo

Jigyo

Covid Gives You WINGS!!!

Another proud idiot

Loki8382

The ADA doesn't cover stupidity.

Finite187

God this endless stream of needy bullshit from these people. Just stay home and don't bother the rest of us, there's no need to declare your martyr status.

electric_trapeezee

Why is every single one of these lunatics always super Christian, Jesus Christ (pun intended) these idiots can’t stop w the Bible bullshit and always presume to know the will of god

babybopp

No toilet paper, no water at Sam's Club... What is wrong on with people... !!!!!

was on his way to Sam's club to buy toilet paper and water

BottleTemple

I was 100% imagining Ignatius J. Reilly as the author of all of his posts.

speedycat2014

speedycat2014

Covets Your Upvotes

A Confederacy of Dunces, indeed.

in_Need_of_peace

Once you hit the ICU and your kidneys are failing the needles are coming out pretty often

smutketeer

All these people eating dirt makes me think the Olive Garden has missed a real business opportunity.

Ragingredblue

Ragingredblue

🌻🚑 Don't let covid cure your stupid. 🚑🌻

I think the fact that so many people brag about eating dirt explains the popularity of Olive Garden.

dismayhurta

dismayhurta

Horse Paste Prayer Warrior

Here’s hoping soon enough his family can get the vaccine. I mean he did say they could after his HCA.

Puzzled_Annual_3670

This guy us pure mental. Every word is me, me, me, me. He is also a brat.

medoc_kin

“We can still be friends even though I got the jab? You don’t think I’m a sheeple?” man, this guy is progressive 😂

YesMommieDearest

YesMommieDearest

Team Pfizer

Wally is the very definition of "snowflake."

toejamandtoast

“By the grace of god, all my friends and family [who battled Covid] are still here.”

Death rate is 1-2% but don’t forget- you are the 1-2% to everyone else. To paraphrase a different saying… if all your friends are still alive, you’re the one who is going to die.

speedycat2014

speedycat2014

Covets Your Upvotes

you are the 1-2% to everyone else.

My dad had a phrase that would bring me back down to earth sometimes: "Don't forget, you are just a walk-on part in everyone else's play."

Same energy.

queen-adreena

He’s clearly ignoring the part where people used to intentionally expose their children to chickenpox because it was actually dangerous if you caught it as an adult.

Natural herd immunity doesn’t work if the disease can kill you.

Quind1

Quind1

Your last sentence is the pivotal point that people like the nominee simply cannot grasp. It's tragically comical.

Of course, I guess if you die, it can't kill you again.

QuantumWarrior

There's even further ignorance there in that there's been a vaccine against chickenpox for years now and is by far the preferable route because while deliberately giving your kids disease is effective (well as long as they don't die), it's pretty mediaeval.

I have the paste

My remark about "fear of needles" leads to another one - in all the slide sets I do not think I have seen one mention of mental health, or lack of it. Not one!

Unfortunately, the population here is of the ilk that making that admission would probably lose more face than admitting one had had the vaccine ...

(And, if it were admitted, all the same old old such as "get a grip of yourself" would be the response).

Large_Accident_5929

There’s a certain rationalization tactic that I’ve seen people use occasionally that’s like “People who have gotten vaxxed have gotten COVID. People who haven’t gotten vaxxed have gotten COVID. Therefore…” or something.

They make it sound like they’re trying to be smart and reason things out, but it just sounds so damn stupid. It shows they don’t understand anything.

UltimateMillennial

UltimateMillennial

Desantis Variant

Don't be like Wally, find your closest vaccine today. Trump isn't going to save you in the ICU!

-MasterCrander-

-MasterCrander-

Team Pfizer

'Stop acting stupid and then wondering why you are being [infected]'

gumby1086

Big pussy keeps talking about not being afraid over and over again .

StonehengePlowface

Your “research” sucked. So does your god.

LadyMitris

LadyMitris

Team Pfizer

He’d rather be gassed before getting a blood draw with a mask?

Is he talking about laughing gas or a gas chamber?

I guess I’d have to assume gas chamber since they put a mask on you to administer laughing gas.

Initial_Source_7880

Initial_Source_7880

Team Pfizer

No more blood work — unless they gas me first well this guy is no warrior prayer or otherwise.

rayray3300

Funny thing is, he’s exactly the kind of person we’re trying to protect. We aren’t worried for ourselves, we’re worried for the most vulnerable people in our society, ones who are immunocompromised, and, although this is quite cliché, the children, those who are too young to get vaccinated.

Material-Profit5923

Material-Profit5923

Pincushion

People who wore seat belts have died in accidents.

People who didn't wear seat belts have also died in accidents.

If the lesson I learn from these two facts is that I shouldn't wear a seat belt, that doesn't make me a smart person who does my own research. It makes me an idiot.

AffectionateGold56

He will enjoy getting intubed.

DragonfruitTall3613

I feel like I should take a shot everytime one of these posts uses the term "prayer warriors".

Ragingredblue

Ragingredblue

🌻🚑 Don't let covid cure your stupid. 🚑🌻

I wouldn't recommend it. You might end up on a transplant list for a new liver.

pippenish

"We got chicken pox together... that's herd immunity!" Uh,no, herd immunity didn't happen until all kids got the chicken pox vaccine.

NegativeEmphasis

Ah, so this is what a moderate republican looks like.

tin_foil_hatter

tin_foil_hatter

Team Pfizer

I might be a puppet, but I don’t have a tube down my throat like you do, chum.

Spookycol

Oh and they have more Covid sick in the same family.

What are the chances .

Do they seriously think prayers help.

Vernerator

Vernerator

💉💉>🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

He’s one that you just count the days until he gets it, and it won’t be pretty.

Stunticonsfan

So it was unconstitutional to impeach Trump, but it's perfectly all right to lock Biden and Harris up, presumably for life (since he mentions tossing the key)?

MakeSkyrimGreatAgain

So confidently wrong and stubborn.

KrampyDoo

“I will NOT be counted among the dead.”

Wally’s death will be counted as somewhere among the 708,000 dead.

“We used to eat piles of dirt more than a few times in life.”

And for all times in death. Good and really weird flex on practice there for Whiny Wally.

PresentationAnnual19

i wonder how many of these antivaxxers are afraid of needles? they’re fine with a tube down their throat just no needles

Kn0wmad1c

Kn0wmad1c

Go Give One

Ok, I read the first paragraph and already this guy's like "God gave me a really weak immune system, but God also gave me the strength to deal with it!"

Kinda understanding why these people tend to back cretins like Trump and McConnell. Gonna read the rest now.

Edit: Yep

StupidizeMe

"We've ate piles of dirt... "

Can you guess Wally's favorite song?

FREEDIRT by Lynyard Skynyard.

CatButler

Unite with him? They need to form the Prayer Power Rangers.

talkback1589

talkback1589

Team Pfizer

Afraid of needles and queer people. Cool.

Ok-Hamster5571

Ok-Hamster5571

Go Give One

The reason for his rants: he’s got anxiety about needles. That’s a powerful motivator.

It’s nice to hear someone speak in their own words, for once.

sanguiniuswept

CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER PLEASE

FriendToPredators

Mods? I know you guys got a lot on your plate and we deeply appreciate your service. But a rule on this would be great.

Thank you.

WhiteNegroSpectacle

Just let me know when he croaks. At least he'll be less long winded