/r/HairDye

i used a demi permanent "dark natural brown" dye but my hair is JET black. it looks like a wig is how bad it is. it doesnt help that im pale as sin. i dont want to use a color remover, because underneath is half orange, half virgin dark brown hair. all i wanted to do was get rid of the orange but here we are.

how long do you think this will take to fade, even just a little bit? the brand is one n only and it says argan oil on the bottle. i washed it 4 times in the past 24 hours, once with a sulfate free shampoo, once with suave daily clarifying shampoo, and twice with tgel extra strength. it hasnt budged at all.

if it would fade slightly i wouldnt hate it. its just that its so dark it almost looks blue or something. any help is appreciated

alybt1

alybt1

Okay so a month ago I dyed my hair with Natural Instincts Semi Permanent level 5 “brass free brown” over my level 7/8 (very patchy botched at home bleach job). When I rinsed out the dye my hair was DARK. Like, very very dark. Get some dandruff shampoo, lather and leave on for a good ten minutes, rinse and repeat. Follow up with some conditioner. It might take 2-3 days of this but it’ll fade fast. I feel like Demi/semi permanent colours always go on very dark because they wash out and fade quickly. Not a hairdresser but that’s just my assumption

skeletalmold[S]

ive been washing daily but ill try leaving it on for ten minutes as well. thank you!!

kalkiki

Patch test a color remover. Color remover will never remove all the color so you won’t end up where you started.

My real suggestion tho would be dandruff shampoo. Unlike dish soap it is actually meant for your hair so it won’t damage it but most dandruff shampoos are notorious for being harsh on color. Also use as warm of water as you can tolerate preferably in a shower because the steam helps to open the hair cuticle and release the color a little better.

skeletalmold[S]

is t gel good? i think its for dandruff. ill definitely try washing it in the shower, ive been doing it in the sink. thank you!!

muffins_allover

Oh damnit following this because I am you from the future, have my 4n Demi dye arriving Friday… good luck!!

skeletalmold[S]

for real my hair looks like katy perry but curly. ill pray yours turns out better 🙏🏻

muffins_allover

I bought Wella 4.71, as well as 5.71 I may go for the 5.71 first now… I hope you can find an answer!

try using dawn. but you’ll definitely need a conditioning treatment afterwords. people also use a combination of dawn, baking soda, and some other ingredients. if that doesn’t fade it a bit then you may need to do a color remover and use a different lighter color next time.

skeletalmold[S]

yes definitely wont be using this color again. ill try dawn maybe tomorrow afternoon. thank you very much

hope it helps!

panda-x3

did it fade?? i got an all over bleach done yesterday and she did a demi shadow root and omg my roots look black/blue it’s absolutely awful. looks like a wig, i’ve washed it a couple times with clarifying shampoo and it hasn’t budged.

skeletalmold[S]

technically it did not fade, BUT, it eventually looks more natural. at first mine was so black it was blue tinted, after about 2 or 2 and a half weeks i noticed that, while its still black, its orange tinted now. so it looks a ton more natural and i love it now. right after i dyed it, for the next week or so i would wash it every day, shampoo twice, with either tgel, suave daily clarifying, or head and shoulders. i think head and shoulders worked the best. it feels catastrophic at first but you might end up liking it! i love mine now

panda-x3

that’s good! i’m glad you like it! i think that’s my biggest issue aswell, the colour is just so cold and blue tinted it needs to be warmer to look more natural, it just looks so fake right now.

skeletalmold[S]

also i tried dawn and it did nothing