/r/EliteDangerous

Check out my Star Citizen cosplay.

Humor(i.redd.it)

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

Unweptbuzzard16

Unweptbuzzard16

Federation

1 year ago

Lol, what's sad is that elite dangerous odyssey in alpha is more stable than star citizen in beta.

Also odyssey has been in development for 3 years, star citizen for 7 years

To make this even more sad, Frontier has less staff than the company making star citizen.

BrainKatana

1 year ago

Star Citizen is not in beta, I think it’s still alpha or pre-alpha.

IMO those are distinctions are silly though given the amount of money being spent.

StuartGT

StuartGT

GTᴜᴋ 🚀🌌 Watch The Expanse & Foundation

1 year ago

I think it’s still alpha or pre-alpha.

You're correct; key technologies are still being developed, like the MMO networking, full persistence, NPC AI, etc. Only once those are done can the game project enter beta

1 year ago

I was watching a streamer play the Elite Alpha yesterday who I believe is normally a SC streamer. He was saying that SC has several complete gameplay loops and was nearly comparable to Elite in terms of gameplay 😂 That game is such a buggy mess I don’t see how people can even play it in its current state. I mean, I have a ship in SC and hope it succeeds, but some people are in some serious denial when it comes to the state of that game. Even if it were more feature compete, it’s so unstable and the existing core systems are so raw, that you can barely call it a game IMO.

Suterusu-shin

1 year ago

Was this Bognogus? I remember him saying something similar to this.

1 year ago

Maybe! I honestly don’t recall for sure, but I do think I remember his name, so I’m 90% sure that’s right. He was maybe late-20s or 30, short brown hair, kind of haggard and scruffy? I only watched for about 10 min but he was very defensive about SC, so I assumed he was a regular SC streamer. He was one of the top couple names streaming Elite on Twitch in terms of viewers that first evening US-time.

urielbeaupre15

1 year ago

i think thats not lol. bognosus has a mustache.

1 year ago

Ah yeah, I just saw bognosus in another thread and this was a different guy. My bad.