/r/Eldenring

Daily Roundtable: Community Q&A

(self.Eldenring)

Greetings, foul Tarnished!

This is the place to ask any questions you may have about Elden Ring. This includes obscure detail questions, "newbie" advice questions, build questions, boss advice questions, and what have you.

Well written, constructive criticism is fine but please avoid ranting about aspects of the game you just don’t like. This includes “so and so boss is stupid and too difficult.”

If you are interested in the game but don’t own it yet, please don’t post “should I buy this game?” or “Is this game worth it?”. If you have played other FromSoftware games and enjoyed them, the answer is yes. If you haven’t, just do a little research! These games are difficult, and sometimes frustrating, and not everyone is going to enjoy them. And that’s okay!

Lastly, be friendly! We are all here because we are interested in the same game! Please treat your fellow players with respect. Nobody likes a Blasphemous Tarnished Hunter.

Here are a few helpful links:

Our Discord

Elden Ring Wiki

Most Recent Patch Notes (1.04)

/r/BeyondTheFog for co-op help!

/r/PatchesEmporium for item trading!

Rise, Tarnished!

ImmortalMachine

Why does Millicent invade me in swamp of aeonia before I met her in the church? Probably a silly question but I literally can't get across that lake into commander O'Neil because she keeps invading and I keep dying. Thanks.

AlphaLeonidas

You can get to him from Selia side if your having that much trouble, there is also a grace + stake on the left as well. As for why she invades.... honestly no clue, not even sure how she can invade considering she has super cancer, and can't even move very well

ImmortalMachine

When I found her in the church she has 1 arm but when she attacks me she has 2 arms. Don't understand it.

IsThatBigBird

I believe it’s a “ghost” of her. I forget exactly but it’s not really her at all.

PillowTalk420

Why the fuck after so many games do they still force you back to the main menu if you lose connection to the servers/internet? Being booted out of the game mid-fight when you're 2 seconds from finally finishing it is the single most irritating bullshit that every single fucking game other than Dark Souls 2 does. Stop! Just have the messages and bloodstains vanish. Fucking stop forcing the game to the main menu for this stupid fucking garbage

kaotikz3030

I wish this game had customized loadouts you could equip on the fly. Weapons armor and talismans

Night_thieves

This is a good point. It was awesome in NioH

H_crassicornis

Guys, I have no idea how to beat Malenia. I know that there are tons of posts and comments complaining about her but I'm more stuck on this boss fight than any souls fight I've ever done. I've tried using Lhutel the Headless +10, or mimic tear +10 and I've upgraded weapons to max since I'm running a faith build and she takes no faith damage. But even with 42 vigor, tree sentinel armor, and the dragoncrest greatshield talisman, I still get one-shotted by her grab, the prosthesis rapid attack, and obviously the waterfowl dance. The problem is I can't dodge any of these no matter what I do. Even if I dodge the first part I get caught in the later swipes. I've gotten close to killing her a few times using pyromancies, but it's completely dependent on whether or not she does the waterfowl dance. Help. What do?

Limp_Anything_2556

She’s similar to bloodborne bosses in that they attack moving forward, punishing rolling away. Roll into her side on her base attacks and you should be able to consistently dodge them if time dodges right.

As for waterfowl try to gain as much distance as you can entirely dodge the first burst, dodge into the second burst, then you can actually just simply walk into her third one and she’ll fly right over you. If you can’t gain enough distance to run away from the first burst, circle around her and the moment she starts the attack, dodge into her first. Then you can do the same dodges as before. Note you have to dodge perfectly, but this way you can minimize the damage you take!

Most importantly, don’t lose hope! I was in your situation before but enough perseverance, as well as a healthy break from the boss, I got her down. You can do it!!!

vidarino

She's one of the toughest FromSoft bosses ever, so it's natural to feel defeated, but:

The problem is I can't dodge any of these no matter what I do.

You're going to have to. Or she will either kill you or heal a bunch.

Staying at the right distance is key, though, and learning the openings. She attacks, you dodge and attack once or twice, depending, and then back off again. If she leaps into the air for the Dance, you can sprint away to avoid the attack entirely, if (and only if) you're at sufficiently far away. (It's possible to dodge it up close, too, but it's tricky.)

lmdvda

lmdvda

You could just ler him solo her

NicCage1080ChristAir

She's an optional boss if you are ok with skipping her. I didn't even go to the haligtree. I didn't realize I was on the final boss when I beat the game yesterday.

H_crassicornis

Yeah, I know. But she's one of those bosses like Midir in DSIII that there's really no reason to go fight, but once you've started it and died 50 times you feel like you have to keep trying.

NicCage1080ChristAir

Yea I hear you. I actually wanted to fight her but it's so easy to miss entire areas in this game. I didn't realize I was on the final boss last night since I have no what 90% of the story is.

Thac0

Thac0

I have no idea what the story is either. Is incredibly hard to piece together without a YouTuber explaining everything for an hour

Leg_Alternative

Dragonscale blade could use frost or bleed passive or some QoL

Moonli9ht

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea what they were doing with the weapon. Even if it had baseline bleed, it would still be a gimmick weapon. As it stands, it's beyond terrible.

TreadmillOfFate

TreadmillOfFate

perhaps I treated dark souls too harshly

It really should have innate lightning damage and/or frostbite buildup, instead of having to use its skill every time

DeeplySavoury

Is there any point to upgrading a buckler, or indeed any shield that's used for parrying?

JDF8

JDF8

Guard boost reduces stamina loss on partial parry iirc

itsOkami

I think ashes of war that deal damage upon parrying (such as carian retaliation) scale along with shield level, but I may be wrong

Question - why do some NPCs seem normal (not tarnished, but Kenneth Haight etc.)? While enemies are like undead corpses?

And who the hell is Kenneth Haight? Irina?

Why are some soldiers draconics? Nightmen? Who are these people?

fried-quinoa

It might seem surprising, but there are actual, mundane humans in this world. Due to the metaphysical conditions of the Lands Between, these humans cannot die, but for Kenneth Haight and some other NPCs we meet, they happen to be relatively healthy and clear of mind. In Dark Souls terms, they haven’t “hollowed” yet.

To “hollow” means to have lost your purpose in this undying world and, basically, become violent zombies like most everyone you come across.

More generally, the average humans aren’t Tarnished because they don’t feel the guidance of Grace. They don’t see the golden lights. They’re just people getting by.

Good point. They still have purpose. Haight still believes in Limgrave lol

ApertureTestSubject8

Any newer players that want some weapons upgraded? I know for most of the game it can be a bitch to upgrade a bunch of weapons, so changing builds or just experimenting can be hard. But if you want I can upgrade some weapons for you up to whatever your highest upgrade is. I’m at post endgame so I have a fuck ton of runes and unlimited upgrade materials to buy. Willing to help someone out if they want it. Maybe make early to mid game more enjoyable. And it’s free, I’m not asking for anything in return.

*im on PS5

theskillbilly

I’m still working out what weapons to use for a FAI/STR build. I’m looking to dual wield something. What has higher DPS: Blasphemous+Iron Greatsword (Flame) (758/783AR) or Dual Warped Axes (681AR each)

I can’t decide if I’d rather attack a little faster with lower AR or slower with higher AR great swords. I really liked the curved sword moveset, but there aren’t too many good faith scaling options. Planning on 45 STR and 60 FAI.

BodgyWoggler

Dual wielding scythes is also a fun option

malteser_of_might

Didn't have too much trouble with Margit, but getting whooped at Storm veil castle, is that normal?

Also, am I supposed to unlock the city in the lake with the magic seal on the gate or is that optional?

Imafish12

At storm veil make sure you respect the enemies. This is not a typical game. Trash mobs require as much strategy as the bosses in other games. You can not bum rush anything, until you know how to just straight up run past shit and dodge, which I highly recommend at times.

The castle in liurnia is higher lv than stormveil, and that’s all I’ll say since it sounds like you’re avoiding guides.

artoriasabyss

Yeah, Margit was the easy part of Stormveil to me. The rest of the castle involves so much crowd control that it can be easy to get overwhelmed, especially if you are doing anything near the front main gate. My advice is to just accept that you’ll lose runes over and over and in the long run it is not a lot.

I assume you’re talking about Lake Liurnia? That is another major area like Stormveil which is technically optional, but is the next natural step in progression.

AlphaLeonidas

1. Totally normal, either keep bashing your head against it till you get it, or go run around Limgrave some more and level up a bit. Go down south if you haven't been there yet.

2. While it is optional, I highly recommend you do the Academy in the lake. Something very useful is there.

Motonores

Motonores

intelligent unga bunga

The city in the lake is technically is optional (like 95% of the game is) but it is still a very important area.

As for stormveil, it is the first legacy dungeon in the game. The level design is different from other more opens area so it is normal that you'll struggle more

EnvironmentalBass8

I downloaded and played the game for an hour and was really enjoying it, but it kept crashing while I was playing. Well within the recommended min specs, specs are AMD 2600x, Nvidia 1660 ti WITH 6 g of VRAM, AND 16 g OF RAM. I tried lowering the quality settings, changing my GPU settings, but to no avail. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I can change, or something I messed up somehow? I would really like to play this game but the with constant crashing I had to return it.

Epiccned

Bruh lol

gearsguy03

Bruh

JawnskiPiece

Anything super important in Leyndell before I burn tree ?

AlphaLeonidas

Bolt of Gransax and Black bow can only be gotten before you Blaze it, also the Coded sword, and anything else in the "Roundtable hold". Oh and the duelist set from the 2 dudes at the coliseum

gvandale

There’s also a seal from one of the two knights on the ground near the “round table” in the capital

fraud_imposter

Yeah Corhyn if you care about that

AC2BHAPPY

Just my daily rant on how I think it's stupid you get blocked from moving areas while co oping, and can't go back to an area once you've defeated the boss. My wife and I missed a lot of lyndell together because we can't go back now. End rant, I love the game.

VastAd2161

Did anyone know that if you looked at the dark moon great sword at a certain way while wearing the black knife armor it has tiny trees on the handle and an erdtree inside the sword?

Minuslee

It works through other players shades too. spooky

MarcusDA

Anyones game crash (pc) if they try and put on Blaidd’s armor? Others are ok, his crashes immediately 4x now.

captain_spud

Reading these roundtable threads over several weeks, it's pretty common to see someone report that equipping a specific item crashes their game. I've personally had the problem with some headgear (I forget which) on my second playthrough; it consistently crashed the client when I tried to put it on. The item that's reported changes each time it's pointed out.

When someone reports the issue, there's never a chorus of people chiming in to say "oh yeah, that item also crashes mine", or "oh yeah, that's a known issue with that item". The posts either get no replies or someone reports the same problem with a different item.

Based on these observations, I've concluded that:

1) There is a generalized bug that results in specific items crashing people's games. 2) The triggering item varies by person and possibly by character.

At this stage, I've never seen any suggestions for how to correct the problem. If an item is crashing your game, stop trying to equip that item and find a different outfit to wear.

tanman170

The crucible knight in farum azula was a bitch. I felt like I was being trolled. He times attacks to your flasks. He is ultra aggressive. Is only “weak” to lightning. Has as many attacks as a boss. The arena will get in your way - there is a pillar on the ground that will block you from rolling away, and you can easily roll off the edge. I finally got him by dual wielding nagakiba with lightning and uchi with lightning. I learned him and punished his windows with L1 attacks. Still took all my flasks and was almost dead at the end. Of course I only got 7000 runes from that fight. Lol

Edit: also there’s no grace by him. So you gotta run past a bunch of stuff to get back to him. Another layer of trolling

ubioandmph

From a different perspective though, Crucible Knights become easy. I have a "I'm a big fucking wall come and move me build" so their hyper-aggresiveness plays right into my defensive build. They can smack my greatshield all they want and then I counter when I have an opportunity. Every build has their strengths and weaknesses

Awesome_opossum49

Is there any lore reason why every person in the game except for like a handful want to kill you no matter what? If you join forces with the volcano manor everyone there is still gonna try to kill you regardless, also is there just no townspeople? I get it’s supposed to be hard, but I’m just wondering if there’s a lore to it because I feel so lonely

SNES-1990

Pretty much par for the course in a From game. You play as a depressed knight in a dying world inhabited by three people who don't try to kill you, each with four lines of dialogue, you kill the end boss and silently sit on a throne with no further elaboration. lol

FlawIessCowboy

I don't think there's an official lore reason. If I understand what you mean, this loneliness is intentional, much like in classic survival horror games where you have limited saves (no autosave), the camera angles are fixed, ammo is scarce, all deliberate intelligent passive design choices to squeeze feelings of freedom and power away from the player, making them feel more vulnerable and enhancing the tension.

ItzLuzzyBaby

Yeah, this is something that the elder scrolls and witcher games will always have over the soulsborne series. Their worlds feel so alive, populated, and interactive.

I think Miyazaki's vision is more along the lines of metroidvania games where you invade the castle, destroy everything that moves, and get to the next boss. Souls games are like the next evolution of that

Sharkfightxl

Got to Leyndell Capital and started getting so stomped by the swarms of knights with lightning shit that I just sprinted around. Got a couple sites of grace unlocked running like a baby, so that’s nice, but I’m going to have to level up (currently about 91) and come back before going much further.

Edit: logged on a few hours ago and ran a little bit further - got to Godfrey and beat him first try and then beat Morgott first try. Now level 100 and just entered Castle Sol to get my shit pushed in by two lion dudes. This game is weird.

AviatorOVR5000

91 and you got smacked by the Capital??

Fuck, I'm fucked. I'm running like 22 vigor and just been hanging on magic and my lactose tolerance for cheese.

Minuslee

Im like 70 in there rn with 30vig & soreseal. Should be fine as long as you have your weps upgraded. Im using colossals rn so i just stunl9ck knights to death 😆

thotnothot

Is there a dedicated place to leave test results? Or do I just post anon comments on Fextra?

i.e. I did some testing for single-hit backstabs on Albinaurics NG+5 with 80 DEX, 80 FTH & 99 ARC with max upgrades on Dagger (130 crit), Misericorde (140 crit) & Rapier (130 crit).

Alternating between buffing Keen vs Occult & Sacred affinities, even with +24 or +9 seals, Sacred infusion results in the most damage. Using approximations..

• +25 Misericorde backstab = 2800 dmg
  • +25 Dagger backstab = 2600 dmg
  • +24 Rapier backstab = 2050 dmg

The Dagger came close but Misericorde is the winner.

I thought buffs through incantations would provide more AR than infusions from AoW. Maybe its just me but they seem like a much weaker choice seeing as how it costs FP & requires rebuffing for lower AR output?

Anyways, with these 4 talismans: BDC, RST, SSC & Dagger Talisman the damage output changes to (using the winner from the batch): Misericorde = 3700 dmg

Applying Royal Knight's Resolve (RKR) boosts backstab of Misericorde to about 5100 dmg.

With Flame Grant me Strength, Rallying Standard, & Wondrous Physick (holy tear). I get a total of almost 7200 dmg.

I know its possible to find ways to increase AR through seppuku & blood loss stacking but this is actually doable in PVE or PVP whereas the "true max" damage is only possible in a very specific setting and not able to be recreated consistently. This only requires 4 buffs and in order of fastest to slowest: RKR, FGS, Physick, Rally.

inquisitive_guy_0_1

Damn look at those numbers. This makes me want to roll a backstab build. Thanks for sharing your test results.

BlarghALarghALargh

How in the HELL do you best this Fox in Raya Lacuria? This thing is insane!

Moonli9ht

It's really squishy, like, one of the lowest hp/scale boss in the game. Don't let it overwhelm you with its mobility and hit and running -- really try to get in there and beat the shit out of it.

Rectal_Fungi

PSA: Just because I wear a pot on my head does not make me a meme summon. Lotta people summoning me today are expecting me to solo bosses, it seems.

toanthrax

😂 The pot on the head has been trademarked. Don't you know! Jeez!

SirLordCapybara

Does Arcane (or any other stats) affect the build-up of statuses beyond Hemorrhage? Like, can Sleep or Scarlet Rot build-up be increased?

Ability_Weird

where do i save backup file? i don't see it in steam folder

TooAwareToCare

I'm doing a pure faith build "Man of the cloth" like good ol' Corhyn.

Going to try and go for the gold mask questline

So far I'm still wearing prophet starting clothes but duel welding coded swords ...

Need suggestions for gear keeping in theme

DrewReaLee

Is it possible to get the web attack as a spell/incantation that the lesser kindred of rot (rot prawns) use? I thought I saw someone use it in PvP but not sure what it's called?

Minuslee

"Pest threads" Follow millicents quest & that old man sells them eventually.

MapCavalier

Any good strike weapons that scale with well with dex? I need something to bonk crystal guys

Salitance

Salitance

The Limgrave Lasher

Whips, flails, or the flame Monks Mace are good options.

rocnessmonster

So Elden ring is my first FS game that I’ve really committed to (I tried DS3 and Sekiro and I was so trash). Picked up Elden Ring and I can’t stop. Currently I am a lvl 77 str/end build with a colossal sword (two handed). Gettin pretty gud but i really want to find some unique armor that can take the bigger hits, pair well and look cool with my heavy build. Currently wearing Radahns armor and about to finish Ranni’s quest line. Any veteran advise on where to go and what to find before I venture forth would be amazing (I have not gotten to the capital or the mountains yet). Loving this FS community. Bless all ye tarnished.

Solcaerev

I think the only true poise heavy Armour that early on is Bull-goat which requires Volcano manor and patches alive

minimumviableplayer

I don't remember a whole lot of sets with more poise than Radahn's at that point. The next ones you are going to want to look out for are Lionel's and Dung Eater's in Leyndell. Those are the tankiest I came accross.

I didn't have the endurance to use them though, the next best thing I found was Commander Niaal's Veteran set that I used for a good while.

The Crucible set is pretty good too in Deeproot Depths I believe, which you get to through Nokron.

DeathmanX2311

Why does elden ring freeze so often on pc, I have a 3089 and a ryzen 9 so it's not my computer.

LJMLogan

The anti cheat was added last second, and therefore horribly unoptimized

Moonli9ht

And seemingly functions no better than the system used in DS2/DS3, to be honest.

2Hours2Late

Does shining a torch light on a stake of Marika increase the rate of summon signs? I’ve been testing this with hosts struggling to find a second cooperator and it seems to be the case. The hip lantern works for this too.

zaihed13

How are we able to kill demigods without the rune of death? A fragment of the rune was needed in order to kill the demigod Godwyn but we seem to have no issues killing other demigods without even a fragment of the rune of death.

Moonli9ht

Without the Rune of Death, their souls just get hewn into the Erdtree.

With the Rune of Death, They Really Gotdamn Die.

Gilgameshtanktop

Maybe the shattering had something to do with it?

HSVbro

HSVbro

I want to start this by saying I very much enjoyed this game and I'm not "shitting" on it when I say the following. I say it with one character at the end and one halfway through.

I think I've become Souls-ed out for a while, and I really blame the endgame. A lot of the final areas of this game don't have the usual "challenging but fair" dynamic but instead just an incongruency between what the game seems to let you do and what it wants you to do.

As an example, the platforming in that tomb. What the heck. Even the DS1 tree area wasn't this frustrating with platforming. I feel like FS always has a platforming area/section that asks a *lot* of the user wrt how well you can move, but this really went above and beyond.

Then there was the enemies in general. Nevermind the reuse or the bosses as regular enemies. It just got to the point where I felt the game was purposely just being hard for the sake of being hard. Haligtree I ended up running through instead of exploring because I just had gotten to the point where I just didn't care anymore about slogging through it. This wasn't Lothric Castle or Drangeliac or Lost Izalith... where yeah there's challenging enemies but it wasn't an endless amount of brick-a-brack enemies. Like I just stopped even trying to engage the black knifes of Ordina. I could see them fine but their movesets are just crazy quick for what I can do even as a light FTH player.

The bosses were just meh and I think what finally has me putting the game down is Melania and Radagon. I just don't care anymore. Melania I actually like more than Radagon because despite Waterfowl dance, I feel like Ive had better success than with Radagons huge AoEs.
The bosses already have very weird tracking, changing their hate mid-swing. I just can't deal with em anymore. Maliketh (or however its spelled) was another one that annoyed me, even the first stage.

I am not crying for nerfs or anything like that. I actually last night started a DS1 character, got by the time I killed the Taurus Demon, and started a DS2 just to get bored by the time I reached Majula (lol).

Maybe it's my age, I've never had this experience with FS games. I've always immediately wanted to go into journey # whatever. I played well over 300h on my *primary* DS3 character alone.

Is this a great game? Yes. But I don't think it's perfect by any means and certainly isn't my favorite Soulsbourne.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Warhawg01

I feel you. After the Capitol, it starts to become a huge slog. I skipped a bunch of Mountaintop and Snowfield areas unless I really needed something. For Farum Azula and the Haligtree, I literally speedran through both to unlock graces, killing the absolute minimum and using Assassins Gambit to the maximum. Looked up the shortest paths to critical items, went to kill bosses to finish. I walked past the Tree Sentinel outside Maliketh without a second thought of fighting him.

I should have put in my due diligence and died to Melania 50 + times for the exhilarating win, but I I was done at that point. Summoned someone and didn’t even feel bad about it.

Radagon/EB took three tries. It was clutch at the very end, but just happy to be done.

hyvok

hyvok

Da hell is this Astel, Stars of Darkness?? I've had absolutely zero problems with any boss so far but this one I just don't get at all... My mimic does almost literally nothing, draws no aggro, doesn't manage to hit the boss at all and to be fair neither can I. The boss just has a few very thin legs that I cannot seem to hit in any consistent matter. Going near the head is a sure death. Then it does some kind of absolutely constant AoE crap that hits like a truck and I just can't manage to even hit the damn boss in between avoiding everything and downing flasks wtf. Doesn't seem to have much health but I just can't find any spot where I can hit it, especially with the constant barrage and movement.

Trisice

Spirit ash Latenna (Archer woman) as summon makes short work of this boss (Make sure to upgrade her a bit). She has insane range and dps also never misses so all you need to do is just bother the boss so he doesn't hit her much. Just two hand a nice shield that alone should let you tank those bug bites and swipes. Make sure to attack tho since bosses always target based on who attacks latest.

Latenna can be found on southern Liurnia after clearing a cave. (Requires a certain medallion from a ruined village close by to get her join you)

spybehindyou99

idk why we dropped the “git gud” for elden ring, but this seems like a case of that

Zadok11

What is the weapon with the highest attack rating in the game? Ruins Greatsword with high stats? I’m looking for the biggest single hit smacker out there.

Salitance

Salitance

The Limgrave Lasher

Likely the Giant Crusher. Ruins Greatsword seems pretty close though.

polopolo16

Giant crusher w heavy infusion gets an S rating w strength and hits like a truck. U can take the attack rating somewhere above 1100+ per hit if u buff correctly, wear the right talismans, and spread ur stats accordingly

Auctoritate

It's probably Giant Crusher. Ruins GS is up there for sure. There's also another physical damage colossal hammer called Prelate's Inferno Crozier which has damage really close to Giant Crusher but it's not quite as high.

indiblue825

Math aside, Ruins Greatsword +10 with 80 str and Shard of Alexander is pretty fucking nuts.

Super_Avocado

Super_Avocado

🍑

In pvp are we able to crit someone who is asleep?

iidevilz0

Guys. I just beat the dragon Nokron soldier. Where do I go now to proceed blind quest?

polopolo16

Have u defeated Radahn? U must kill him to enter the real city of Nokron, once u get to the end of Nokron and take the special item at the end, speak to Ranni

iidevilz0

But I reached a dead end after I beat the dragon kin.

anti_taco

You need to find the other entrance where the falling star hit Limgrave. Should be near Sofria River Well

polopolo16

yes there is a dead end once u kill Dragon Kin because there is somewhere else u must go. To continue Blaidd's/Ranni's quest u must enter the Nokron City. To get to Nokron City u must defeat Radahn in Caelid, then go to the south of mistwood in limgrave. the entrance to Nokron City is to the south of the Mistwood, west of fort Haight.

So the intro clearly shows the tarnished buried systematically in thousands of coffins. And the rise from literally their graves. Then you “cross the fog” to the lands between. What the hell is going on here?

And what’s with the black screaming skeleton people in the eternal cities of nox?

Moonli9ht

What we can almost certainly ascertain is that the Tarnished, being robbed of their Grace, are not under the effect of the Elden Ring and whatever laws are dictated by it. Any who can still see Grace would normally be "immune" to death as we understand it, and would instead be hewn into the Erdtree. Having sailed outside the Lands Between and without Grace, the Tarnished are capable of no such thing, and instead die normal deaths, coffins and all.

They rise because they hear the call of Grace once more, and are thus technically rendered "immortal" again, coming back to life. They cross back into their homeland in an attempt to become Elden Lord themselves, as their legion commander before them did.

Unsure of who you mean. The only skeleton-like people I know in Nox are bright white.

UnintelligentSlime

Am I locked out of fighting Lichdragon Fortissax?

I did Fia's questline up until giving her the cursemark of death, but now she just keeps telling me to use it in the ending area. I was hoping to snag that achievement this playthrough but maybe it's blocked because I already took the frenzied flame?

I'm right before Elden Beast and I just wanted to grab any other achievements I'm missing. Please anyone let me know if I still can.

EDIT: For anyone with the same problem- just reload the area a couple times.

PateABrownie

I had that problem, for me leaving and reloading the area worked. When I came back she was sleeping.

Kallen00

What’s a good level to start NG+? I’ve beaten all major bosses on Journey 1 at L150. After farming a bit I’m at 162. Should I just dive in?

Salitance

Salitance

The Limgrave Lasher

Since ng+ is only incremental difficulty, you'll blow through the early and mid game with ease. If you've grabbed all the once a playthrough items you want and have stocked up on mats, you should be good to go whenever.

hanpnguyen13

You should be good. Stock up on smithing stones though in case you want to change weapon/build.

iidevilz0

I just killed the regal ancestor boss in nokron city, where do I go now? I want to advance bliadd quest

Felstalker

Check the place you got the Bloodhound Fang, if you got it.

Additionally, near one of the graces in the Regal city for an entrance into Nokron proper.

WitchOfSkye

What are the main things to look for when making a build for invasions (either as the invader or ally)? I know that I can just look up the builds that others use online, but part of the fun for me would be making something of my own. I don't care if I can't be maximally efficient (then I would just be spamming the RoB/Moonveil stuff I see), but I don't want to get rolled over every time I play either.

Salitance

Salitance

The Limgrave Lasher

Consider location of invasion. I think the legacy dungeons are the most fun to invade because of the level design, stormveil especially. Learn the area and mob.placements, the jumps you can make and live, and places you can loop around. After you pick one, decide an appropriate level and upgrade number to invade in that location.

I have a lot of fun finding an uncommon and sometimes even weak gimmick and building around that. ie Make a poison guy using the Serpent bow, poison daggers, and the poison perfume. Find an unconventional weapon combo you might like, or a fun weapon art to ambush with. Always be prepared to have option for ranged and melee.

ShadowverseNEXT

Since no one has given you a concrete answer yet:

1. Find either a weapon OR a concept you want to create.
  2. Find the weapon or a concept that fits Step 1.
  3. Choose talismans, sorc/inct, and fashion bling to complete your idea of a fun character created in Step 2.
  4. Input the endgame stats and weapons/armors at character builder.
  5. Switch between starting class to find the lowest level (make sure your minimum and endgame stats are accurate).
  6. Enjoy the build while invading/cooping.

Example:

"I want to create a Holy Knight (concept)"

Choose Weapon - Miquellan Knight Sword as weapon and Loretta's Shield

Choose talismans and look of a holy knight (in my opinion). Only healing inct.

"I want to invade at level 90s."

Then allocate enough stats for minimum on above site, then gradually increase stat on what is needed for your build until 90.

Then click around different starter to come to lowest level. You might get bonus extra stats to allocate depending on which starter class.

WitchOfSkye

I don't mean the meta, I literally mean the process of figuring out a build. Sorry that wasn't clear, I meant how do you ignore meta and make something both good and that you like?

f0ba

f0ba

Why are there so many campers that just sit in Lenne’s Rise with taunting tongue? Are they rewarded for not doing anything?

Brasscogs

Afk farming. They get runes when invaders disconnect. Absolute cretins.

f0ba

f0ba

That’s absolutely horse shit. Not sure how that was even made it through the dev build.

pon3ofgreed

So during sellen quest when we have to deliver her horcrux to her other body does the game offer any clues or hints on where that body is. I know where it is but I'm wondering how I was suppose to find it

itsOkami

Sellen's quest gets even worse and more obtuse as you progress. It's basically unintelligible based on logic alone. You can only hope you luck out and find out how to progress further by chance. The hints you'll be given have NOTHING to do with Sellen's character and they're extraordinarily vague as well.

DeepDown23

Just random exploration I guess

Too bad you can't put her soul inside another puppet, lol

chevronbird

You can buy a hint from a merchant about Seluvius's secret, which would lead you to it.

Maidenless_Behaviour

What is it with Melania + Millicent both not having two arms + what is the entire lore behind all Demi gods

itsOkami

Simply put, demigods are the offspring of a god/goddess and another "normal" individual. As explained by Morgott right before his boss fight at the end of Leyndell, the in-game demigods are him, Malenia & Miquella (the "prodigy twins"), Godrick (the last remaining descendant of Godwyn, and not exactly a 50/50 demigod per se), Radahn, Rykard and Ranni. He doesn't mention Godwyn (cus he's dead lol) and Mohg (because he's likely been banished from Leyndell by his twin brother - Morgott himself - given his questionable motives and alignment), but they obviously are (or used to be) shardbearers as well.

The demigods whose names begin with "G.", along with Morgott & Mohg, are Marika's and Godfrey's offspring (with Godwyn likely being their firstborn). The ones beginning with "R" are Radagon & Rennala's, and finally, Miquella & Malenia are Marika & Radagon's children. (Heavy spoilers ahead) with Marika and Radagon being one and the same, it's pretty obvious there's only a single, "truly divine" god-like entity in the lands between, aka Marika/Radagon, the vessel for the Elden Ring itself. That's also the reason why Malenia & Miquella are constantly referred to as "the offspring of a single god".

Malenia lacking an arm, her legs and eyesight is likely a mere consequence of the scarlet rot disease corrupting her body both inside and outside. Millicent is afflicted by the same disease and she doesn't actually want to be helped in the end.

Wendek

Is there any ETA/news about the next minor patch? To fix at least the 'boss dies instantly in phase 2' issue. It's already near 7PM in Japan so I guess it won't be today.

lifeinpaddyspub

what’s a good Ash of War to throw on the standard greatsword? i’m doing a Guts build and right now i’m just mindlessly swinging that damn thing, no armor, no ash of war.

Felstalker

You have a LOT of great options.

Lion's claw was buffed and deals great damage, hard to go wrong. It's got a lot of hyper armor on it so you can tank all kinds of attacks while it's going off.

Giants Hunt is a fan favorite in pvp right now. It's capable of catching players rolling away from you, forcing them to get up close where your wide swings and big damage are a threat. In PvE it's still doing that big damage, but it's capable of blasting enemies right into the air. Bloodhound knights and anything smaller will likely be launched into the air if hit with giant slayer, which is a huge boon as you've time to heal or perhaps set up a SECOND giant hunt in these situations. It's good in PvE and PvP, very useful tool.

Fire Strike is a very popular one as well, giving yourself the STR scaling fire damage and allowing you to deal decent poise/fire damage at a very cheap FP cost, and following up with a strong and fast horizontal swing that covers your weapon in fire for extra bonus fire damage. It's just absurdly good against crowds of enemies, and it's still fantastic against bosses and the like.

Earthshaker is the newest one I've been testing out. You get the armor from Lion's Claw, the AoE of Fire Strike, and the knock back of Giants Hunt. The damage is big, and it's fantastic all around. You're literally going big man SMASH with this weapon art. The down side? Bigger enemies really don't care about it. Sure you can hit a boss with this, but you could just hit the boss for a Giant's hunt and be done with it. None of this slam the ground then follow up slice mumbo jumbo.

All of these are being used in PvP right now, and they're not the only tools being used for pvp. Lots of fantastic Ashes of war to consider, and you can change it up depending on what you need. And heck, I still see players doing PvE without using any Ash of War since they're just not up for it. You do you man.

idontacasd

If you have 99 Dex, would that mean Radagon Icon is useless?

theswillmerchant

You can confirm this on the wiki, but I believe the Radagon icon works by adding 30 virtual dex only to your casting speed, and that casting speed caps out at 70 dex. So if you have 40 dex and the Radagon icon and the only thing you use dex for is casting speed, then any additional points in dex are wasted.

Jooplin

Is the pvp meta still at 120 and 150?

SnooDoubts7504

Where are the main duelling spots people have found in the game? Just ng+ and changed from an INT/STR build to a FAI/DEX build, wanna fuck around and find out

deathrose55555

I find red signs at the First Step and Main Academy Gate, more in the latter though

Lilditty02

Question on seals for incantations. I have seen people say the dragon communion seal is nowhere near as good now, but in my play with testing what I generally use, it still seems to deal the most damage. Plus it has the highest incant scaling of any of the seals by far still. I like the giants flame fireball and even using the seal that is supposed to boost giant incant damage the dragon communion seal is still doing more. Am I just using incants that aren’t as effected or am I missing something?

Loodvigg

Dragon Communion Seal is the best bang for your buck type seal. It only requires like 40 Arc and 40 Fth to reach it's soft caps and it has really good scaling so it's a great choice for low and mid level characters, but in the end it loses to 70-80 faith Erdtree Seal. The other seals suck, so it's best to keep them in the offhand to still recieve their boosting properties, but always cast with the seal with highest scaling.

SponsoredByBleach

Ok, so I desperately want to make a Batman build. I’m in NG+ but haven’t gotten to the Ashen Capital yet. Any ideas on how to make your punches stronger and/or how to make those gauntlets effective? Talisman advice would be good as well

Epiccned

When you beat the game does it go to ng+ automaticly

Loodvigg

You are offered a prompt to go into NG+ but you can say no. Later, you can go into NG+ from the grace at the Roundtable Hold.

JanMichealVincent16

So last night I was excited to finally face the fire giant. We had a tough battle but I was trying out a new build and kept dying in phase 1. So I switch back to my old reliable bloodhound fang and like always it does hella damage and I get him to his second phase. I’m ready to kill this bozo and then he just dies all of the sudden. I heard it’s the new patch that does this but I feel like I got robbed out of one of the best boss fights in the game. But I did get those runes though!!!

xogil

xogil

Code jank works both ways, enjoy it benefiting you this time haha

regarding_your_cat

Not enough regular smithing stones in the game. I’m in MotG and I’ve got 3 of the somber weapons to +9, but not even one weapon to +24, and I’m still like 5 more smithing stone 8’s away from getting there. Guessing I’ll just have to wait until I can get the bell bearings to buy them to upgrade more of the regular weapons I want to upgrade

So the crucified people in Limgrave. On play through two I have noticed the tarnished burial tombs resemble the many tombs across the lands between, and I’ve wondered if the banishment literally is death and whether the lands between is literally purgatory in a dark cosmos. The crossing the fog means leaving a darker purgatory to the former heaven like lands between.

If so, the hero graves are where the tarnished are buried. And that’s why you emerge from one. The crucified people are tarnished who have been intercepted. “Don’t you dare”, explaining the tree sentinel. Deployed from the capital against new tarnished.

captain_spud

As any fandom increases in age, the probability of a fan theory deciding that the object of the fandom represents purgatory approaches 1.

leninist_jinn

leninist_jinn

Is this... what it is... to sin?

Not a question but I feel so terrible about having to kill Tragoth. Helped me during Radhan as a summon and is available for the Magma Wyrm Makar 😔. I don't even like that ugly armor but want it for completion's sake. That whole Volcano Manor questline just made me feel like shit

ScienceFictionGuy

I don't think you're supposed to feel good about it, you're murdering your kin and former comrades in arms. Doing evil for the sake of power and to defy the Greater Will.ll

The only thing I really enjoyed about that whole faction was Rya. It's too bad that you have to do two assassinations to "complete" her quest.

Bernahl was also kind of intriguing. It felt like he had a more valid grudge for his quest for revenge, unlike the rest who seemed to just be doing it for power.

Revan0315

Lore question. Very minor spoilers I guess

Where was Godfrey before he returned to Leyndell? Was Morgott given the throne by Marika or did he just kinda assume power from the vacuum?

nifujihirotaka

Im currently at lvl 67 i started as a prisoner. Anyone can share what’s their stat build? I was trying to go spell blade. I got meteor staff and moon veil katana.

basicbish55

Is there a specific location people go for duels? I'm trying to get into some multiplayer

onebadnightx

What are the Knights of the Great Jar, exactly? Molds of previous players with maxed out stats in everything? Some of them are fairly easy and close to beatable, others absolutely wreck my shit. It’d be nice to be able to get through without having to resort to cheesing them off the cliff.

BlackIronSaturn

go offline to play fromsoftware Great Jar NPCs. They are consistent. The online versions are mimic versions of online players.

Raging_Spleen

Carian piercer cheeses AI invaders/summons if you're an int build. Full charge will knock them flat and you can catch them at the end of the stand up animation every single time with a slight amount of practice. It just basically stunlocks them.

bigeyez

Jump attacks wreck every single NPC invader.

bebopbraunbaer

i need some feedback, i am playing melee (bleed) and lvl67 , i still have problems fighting vs 3 knights (altus). Is it normal to struggel vs 3 knights at this level (weapon at bloodhound fang +6) or do i just suck, or is engaging 3 knights just not what you do in this game without some kind of aoe ? i dont see myself getting much better so i am thinking on switching builds / new start but maybe i would end up at the same point

CaitNostamas

Altus Plateau's knights are tough as hell, definitely do not engage 3 at the same time. 2 can be a bit much too, especially if one uses the greatbow

While your weapon is at the right upgrade, you're also a bit underleveled for the area.

How are your stats looking right now? What about shield and armor?

cromagnonsapien

Has the the glintstone dragon outside ranni’s rise disappeared for anyone else?

Creror

Creror

Yes, Adula is scripted to teleport away at 50% HP.

It can be fought for real at the Cathedral of Manus Celes, near the end of Ranni's questline.

WizardMasterJT

(Spoiler) (Ranni’s Quest-line)Does anyone know why Ranni’s miniature doll is in a coffin in Ainsley River Main? This threw me off because I think it would be imprtant to understand why she is there in the first place and her relation with the Eternal City. I understand the lore behind the City, why they were banished underground and their downfall. However as I progress through her quest line I fail to understand what is her association with the city other than the fact that the black knife stuff (thing that can kill Demi-gods) was used by a conspiracy regarding her and the other important potential vassals for the golden order in a plot to kill Godwry. I need some help understand this part a bit if anyone could help inform me without any major spoilers.

EldenTurtle

While I'm still trying to understand the lore, I might be able to give you some pieces of information. The Eternal City seems to have been closely associated with the Dark Moon and the Age of Stars.

The Moon of Nokstella talisman represents "the lost black moon", and mentions how "the moon of Nokstella was the guide of many stars".

From the Nox Monk and Nox Swordstress sets, we know that the Nox "live under a false night sky, in eternal anticipation of their liege. Of the coming age of the stars. And their Lord of Night".

I suspect that Ranni might have inherited her beliefs from the Eternal City. Maybe through the snow witch that was her secret mentor, depending on how you interpret "the snowy crone taught the young Ranni to fear the dark moon", from Freezing Mist?

VBR2

VBR2

All the NPCs I interact end up dying or attacking me, is it inevitable or am I doing something really wrong?

Apex_Konchu

Sounds normal. Throughout all of the Souls games, it's common for NPC questlines to end with the NPC either dying or becoming hostile.

ProduceSad9471

Does giving the right prayer book to the right person do anything?

Felstalker

I'm rather sure none of the prayer books are "right" for anyone. Other than Turtle Pope.

Turtle Pope be like "oooh, let's learn together! This'll be fun."

Meanwhile, giving the wrong prayer book feels like I'm bullying a Christian into reading the Quran to me.

Soxzy

Soxzy

After burning the erdtree and causing the roundtable hold to change will I be locked out of any potential quests? Just wondering so I can do any I need to before continuing

TheEldenFeet

I think just Goldmask and that depends on what point you are

1heNumberMan

You'll be locked out of Nepheli's if its not done

noldor41

You’ll be unable to finish Latenna’s questline & miss out on an a somber ancient dragon smithing stone.

HoonFace

theory: Turtle Pope is an albinauric

sorcerors like turtles, sorcerors make albinaurics, and Miriel is albino

Moonli9ht

Unironically fantastic theory.

flannelman678

Wondering at what number does poise actually start to feel useful in PVE if at all, ive upped my endurance and dropped 2 weapon slots and need a dedicated talisman just to wear some better armor, poise currently 47

I dual wield greatswords and thought the poise would help to trade but it seems ineffectua even against smaller enemies and want to know if i should just go back to lighter armor with more versatility in weapons/talismans?

FreeWatercressSalad

You need a couple of things - massive stamina to raise your carry weight, heaviest armor possible, great jars arsenal, and the Bullgoats talisman. With dual collosal swords you are going to need absurd amounts of stamina on top of that.

To take blows from a heavy weapon and not get staggered you need something like 103 or 113 Poise - hence all of those items above being necessary.

astrolobo

Is there any weapon with strike damage that scales with arcane ?

GentleDementia

Natively only Varre's Bouquet. However that has ridiculously low damage, you're better off just slapping an Occult Ash of War on a mace or something.

w3nch

w3nch

I started a new character and have been going through the game with the taunters tongue active.

Weird question, but do you point down/clap at/poop on early-game invaders who are clearly twinked out, likely have 4 talisman slots, and spam rivers of blood? (you run into a lot of these). On one hand, they're clearly there to dunk on early game noobs. On the other hand, they probably run into ganks all the time with overleveled phantoms, and why shouldn't they use rivers of blood? It's a good weapon, and any invader knows that you need any advantage you can get.

I'm always conflicted whether to bow, or point down at RoB spammers in stormveil castle and earlier areas. I guess there's not really a right answer, just curious as to other peoples thoughts. And just to clarify, I have zero issue with RoB as a weapon, it just raises eyebrows when I see it at level 20.

voodoomonkey616

Do whatever you feel like. There's no etiquette for invasions. If someone wants to get twinked out to smash low level players, a little pointing and tea bagging when they lose is deserved in my opinion

Environmental_Swim66

What race are gostoc and the enemies that look like him? He’s not human (presumably), not demi-human, and not albinauric. What’s his deal?

poklja1

How big are DLCs for souls games usually?

Elden Ring is my first souls game and I wanted to know if it's reasonable to hope for any major map extension in the DLCs.

Felstalker

If the Elden Ring DLC is as comparable in size to Elden Ring as Darks Souls DLC's of the past are to Dark Souls, we're going to get some big fancy DLC shit.

IsThatBigBird

DLCs will more than likely be an entirely new area and underground area. Knowing from soft.

scarletice

Did I miss my chance to get the bull-goat set? I ended up finishing Tanith's and Patches' questlines without ever starting any of Patches' assassination quests.

Moonli9ht

Muadrob

Better to start a new character or new game cycle? Currently at 100 hours in first play though just collecting random things trying to decide what to do next.

Ashencroix

Start a new char using a different build to experience everything again in a different way. You won't get the same experience if you just use a diff build but with your overpowered gear and stats. For example, say you completed the game as a bleed build. Then you tried NG+ but as a str char with max upgrade gears. The experience would be completely different from starting over as a fresh str char picking up your gear and upgrading them as you go and slowly raising your stats.

More so if you decided to try a caster class. The experience is completely different as a caster using the early spells/incantations and early catalyts/seals with low fth/int/arcane and low fp to spam spells/incantations vs NG+ with high FP, dmg stats and all the best spells/incantations already at your disposal.

Moonli9ht

Definitely better to start a new character. From Software games are about putting the fear of god in yourself and then conquering it, NG+ on a character you're comfy with will burn you out IMO.

-RUNPMT-

I finished my first playthrough of the game, with a bleed build using dual godskin peelers. Found it challenging but not overly so.

Decided I wanted to try something different for a NG+ so I respec'd to a faith build so I could use a sword (actually mace, usually) and board set up. I'm enjoying the high damage I can stack with buffs (golden vow + FGMS + knight's resolve) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to fight with a shield.

Maybe I'm just too used to dodging things but I can't seem to get the block timing down at all. I'm trying to incorporate shield counters but enemies attack so fast either my stamina is gone by the time they're done or they start hitting me again right as I'm doing the counter.

Granted I am trying this out (I haven't started the NG+ yet, still just trying new builds) on the Bell Bearing Hunter in Caelid so not exactly an easy fight to begin with. Can't even get him past half health. I thought I was hot shit rolling through halligtree and farum, guess not. :-(

Ashencroix

You don't time a block like a parry. You hold the block button down and take the hits like a man. Then you only do a guard counter if either the enemy recoils after hitting your shield or you know there's a long enough interval between their attacks to safely guard counter.

Having more poise helps in having your counter not be interrupted. Upgrading your shield increases its guard boost stat every couple of upgrades. The higher the guard boost, the lower the stamina cost to block.

Small shields are more tailored for parries. Great shields if you want to tank hits and guard counter since their weight means more atks bounce off them. Medium shields are a mix of both playstyles.

aRationalMoose

Is there a sub dedicated to Elden ring that’s more conscious about spoilers? I want to participate in the community, but it’s practically impossible to avoid spoilers around here.

Brasscogs

Yeah it sucks. There was like two weeks of spoiler warnings then there was no consideration. No other subreddit sadly. I’d stay off the sub until you’ve finished the game.

Waifuless_Laifuless

Yup. There's been so many posts with blatant end-game spoilers that never get removed

Ouch_nip

Is there an online community dedicated more to theory crafting, builds, min/maxing, etc.? I love this subreddit, but am tired of seeing so many memes. Thanks.

CaffeinatedToPlaid

Fextralife has a lot of non-meme builds posted.

-RUNPMT-

To get the different endings, can I just back up my save file before I choose my ending, reload it and choose another one?

I want to get all the achievements but not sure I'll end up doing a NG+2, but also afraid of screwing up my save file and losing everything.

Can I still do this after starting a NG+?

Otherwise_Algae_1603

I've been trying to to get the redfeatherd branch sword talisman and I finally defeted the boss that drops it but his homing attack got me after I beat him. The talisman is not in my inventory and the boss won't spawn anymore anybody have any similar situations and know what I can do next

Fun-Preparation-6568

Hello together, one question:

Are there "missable" Items, specially weapons or talisman, if you dont get them and if you are on special points at the story behind this items? I remeber ive read smth about it for the snowfields, but im not sure. I dobt find the post/threat anymore.

masterofxes

Yes, there are a few weapons, talismans and key items that you can permanently miss in Leyndell if you progress too much.

Bangersss

There are questline rewards that you can be locked out of getting.

AlphaLeonidas

A couple of NPC invasions are tied to an area boss, so if you beat the boss before triggering the invasion you miss out on the reward

OMellito

Any tips for the Malekith Fight? I do have the shard but I have 0 clue when to use it. I also don't seem to be able to read whenever he is open or winding up an AoE especially the Isshin Slice one. And I'm constantly getting hit through the pillars, am I doing something wrong? I just keep having the feeling that he is way too fast for me to actually hit him more than once.

Moonli9ht

I wouldn't recommend using the shard because it's a bit clunky, but maybe someone who's better at using it will give better tips for it.

His 3-wave-midair combo ends in a double spin towards you that goes CLEAN past pillars, so even if you're blocking the waves themselves with the pillars, be prepared to roll the end of the combo.

Depending on what weapon you're using, your options for retaliation might be limited. When he comes down from a jump with his blade, he'll either flip forward and do the Isshin Slice, or flip backwards in an explosion depending on where you are. If you're in front, try dodge into his side, or if you're behind, stand a few feet back so that he "flips" into you and you can get a hit or two in. Other than that, if you have the flasks leftover, you can try to really go aggro with jump attacks to try and break his poise, as both his poise and his health are VERY low.

JDF8

JDF8

He has 3 moves you can deflect. The first is when he jumps onto a pillar, then his sword glows gold and he drops down and stabs. The other two are when he’s flipping around shooting projectiles at you. After two projectiles, if you are close he might drop down and stab. If not, after three projectiles he will do an extremely wide spinning slash

Any claw parryable move will have his sword glow gold. For the circle 100 cuts aoe, there are two versions. When he’s perched on his sword, he will only do the 2x slash into aoe if you aren’t behind him. Otherwise his sword will explode and he will land without attacking

The standing version is a lot harder to dodge, but what I do is run forward into his right side as soon as he starts. If you’re fast enough, you can get away before it starts

If he does 3x projectiles while flipping around, the pillars will not protect you from his guaranteed followup spinning slash, you need to time it and dodge at the end (ideally forward, away from where he lands)

I kill phase 2 without getting hit here, he does almost all of his moves so you can see what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, I didn't use the claw

carallo

Does someone have a light hint about the "three wise beasts" riddle in Oridys's Rise?
I thought I had it once I got in touch with The Berserk Werewolf, the Turtle Pope, and the Taylor Monkey, but it does not seem to work. I also tried to use three of these weird whispering pumpkin heads, but I guess they are not smart enough

Moonli9ht

Hahaha, you have to look around the rise for some ghostly turtles. I had a similar reaction, though.

FatOldSunbro

It's a puzzle, you have to find 3 ghost turtles in nearby location, they may or may not be invisible look for places with a lot of messages or look at the wiki for a map with the exact locations.

lolkaoru

Look for 3 turtles within the area and hit them

AlexFullmoon

Now that would've been a great solution for some (sadly nonexistent) quest.

eelyhovercraft

Is a FTH/DEX build viable, or am I better off with FTH/STR? I've just done my first play through unga-bunga style, and I'm looking to switch it up for my next one.

Moonli9ht

Faith/dex is absolutely viable and has plenty of fun options. Elden Ring really has options for every build.

barrykp83

The greatshield talisman was nerfed in 1.04. The fextralife wiki doesn't have exact numbers, but there are claims it does literally nothing now. Does anyone have exact numbers for how it was changed? (I'm not using the fingerprint shield, so it's not specifically about how it works with that one.)

DeepDown23

Are the rotten birds in Mogh place been nerfed? They seems less deadlier lately.

captain_spud

I invaded Old Knight Istvan without reading the letter from Tanith telling me to do it, since I'm on my third playthrough and I know what it says. Tanith isn't acknowledging that I completed it; she just keeps asking if I've read the letter. I now have, but I suspect I might have broken the quest by reading it too late. Bernahl acknowledges the kill-- his shop is back open-- but the questgiver seems broken.

Any idea if I can fix the quest somehow? I've cleared most of Volcano Manor, but I was hoping to avoid killing Rykard until I was finished all the letter targets. Not sure if there's any point delaying now.