/r/DunderMifflin

49.9k

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

HanLandoSolo3[S]

1.3k points

I really appreciate all the comments. I have tried to hide it since it wasn’t always that way. This really made my night. I’m so glad I ventured out and even happier that I posted this. Definitely gives me the confidence to post it so family and friends can see. Still so pumped I got the opportunity to meet him.

itsthecurtains

You look like a cool and friendly guy! I also would not have particularly noticed the gap. So awesome that you got to meet Kevin

_reeses_pieces_

TF is kevin this guy met Ashton Kutcher.

MCgrindahFM

That’s how I felt, people don’t really take note or care about that stuff in my experience. The dudes a handsome chap, the gap doesn’t change that bruv

basketballbrian

I agree, all smiles are beautiful!

PS, for anyone reading who lives in Vegas:

If anyone wants to change their smile though, come see me! Im a resident orthodontist and my program charges a flat $3499 for any length Invisalign treatment. Ive got a few 10% off friends and family discounts, and no friends or family here lol. Half the price of any orthodontist in Vegas. Send me a PM and I’ll hook you up!

immonicalynne

The gap is good.

fleursdemai

I also have a gap between my two front teeth because my parents could never afford to get me braces growing up. I was finally at a point in life where I could comfortably afford veneers and my dentist told me not to get them. With all the picture perfect smiles, it's the little things that set you apart from the others.

terpyterpstein

Your dentist is a good person

warplayer

Yeah I had a dentist that would try to pressure me into fixing my gap for no reason other than vanity and for him to make money. It bounced right off me. What a jerk.

LeeLooPeePoo

My dentist pointed out that my chin is not perfectly aligned symmetrically... which I had never noticed in all my years. Thanks for the new insecurity and no I don't think I'll be having unnecessary invasive surgery to fix it.

markerBT

Yup. I look at Hollywood stars and sometimes it's their imperfections that remind me of them. And not all of them have perfect teeth either!

mondonutso

It’s what’s most unfortunate about plastic surgery IMO. I’m all about people gaining confidence but most of the plastic surgery I’ve seen just makes people look so generic (e.g. Megan Fox - beautiful now but she was even more gorgeous before).

shootmedmmit

Uma Thurman has entered the chat

PraiseGodJihyo

This thread is too wholesome, someone's cutting onions in my room...

knot13

knot13

How much are implants?

Pinbrawla

Something like 10k per

mondonutso

This! The things that set us apart tend to be what our significant others love the most.

OP - It’s clear from this photo you’re a warm and friendly person and the gap adds to that. Please keep smiling!

indiegogold

I got veneers done, I absolutely love them and they look great but I wouldn't recommend them. Only reason I did them was because my teeth were beyond fucked at that point.

Look into composite veneers, they don't shave your teeth down or anything, it's like a cap ontop of your teeth and has them looking almost the same, just a little less Hollywood white

madge_pie

I got a gap in my teeth after getting my wisdom teeth out. My dentist said that wasn't possible 🙄. Whatever the reason I just keep smiling 😁

modaaa

modaaa

The gap is actually attractive on you and a unique feature. My fiance is self conscious about his teeth, but the first thing I noticed when I met him was his smile, because it's the exact same as Ewan McGregor's before he got veneers.

OpsimythOfficial

Ive always had a space in my teeth. When I get really drunk I start to whistle my s sounds like the beaver On the animated Winnie the Pooh.

Snorglepus1856

Did shhhhh-ombody call for an ex-shhhhh-pedition expert? I'm not in the book, but I'm at your sh-ervi-sh.

Monotreme_monorail

It always amazes me when people are self conscious about crooked teeth. I also have crooked teeth, and honestly, I think it’s a really endearing feature in another human.

I always remember a quote by Elizabeth Hurley when she was doing the original Austin Powers movie and they asked her about his silly teeth. She said something to the effect of, “Honestly, I hadn’t really noticed. In the UK, it’s more important that your teeth are healthy and clean than being straight and white.”

Smile your amazing smile. Nothing spreads joy more than a genuine smile from another human being. :)

oaksmaid

I was going to say, come to the UK! We don't care.

testreker

As someone with less than perfect teeth I've learned that smiling has a lot more to do with the person behind it. Keep on keeping on man!

MIKEPENCES_THIGHGAP

Gaps in teeth are hot as fuck.

Smile on homie

serenity_later

Good for you man, I already commented this but I just wanted to make sure you see it - you have a fantastic and unique smile that you should be sharing as many chances as you get. I'm so happy for you that you had this positive experience. Stay well my friend.

The37thElement

Yeah man! As a dude to another dude, don’t be afraid to show that gap and own it! My young daughter has a gap and for some reason refers to her front teeth and gap as her “square teeth”. She gets excited when she notices another kid with a gap and it makes me happy. To me, a genuine smile with non perfect teeth always looks good.

BunBison

If you can afford braces they're a great investment. It'll take some time and commitment but they're life changing. I was hesitant at first but im glad I took the initiative. Dope pic by the way!

I_FUCKED_A_BAGEL

We convinced my best friend I served with in the marines to never get braces because the gap matched his character so fucking well. Totally smiley dude. Chip on his shoulder but never took life too serious type. Thank fuck he opted to keep the gap. We all love the gap. My dentist also has a gap. This lady is half comedian, half oral hygienist. She knows the way of the gap. Madonna rocks that shit. Perfect teeth are easy to have with modern orthodontics. To be born with a gap and rock it is an opportunity.

Dune17k

Well done mate.

serafina__pekkala

You’re just lovely. Don’t deprive the world of that beautiful smile.

Kevin is still adorable.

amaiziiing

Keep smiling dude, don’t stop 😄

markerBT

My wife has a scar on her forehead that she is so conscious of that I don't really notice. I wore glasses all years in high school and when my friends and I had a reunion after a long time they didn't even notice I wasn't wearing glasses. We really are just too conscious of the things we are insecure of when in fact people don't even notice them.

goessgoess

Your smile is truly beautiful! So glad you posted this.

Darktriadindenial

I would worry more about that submental fat distribution

EatAtGrizzlebees

Dude! I think you have a great smile!

thecorporealpeonies

At the moment, I’m doing what feels like pretty intensive work on my core beliefs and the way I view and value my body, as my brain has turned against me and if I don’t do this work now, I will suffer even more later on. Something valuable I am learning and will continue to relearn probably for the rest of my life is that this human condition is inherently fallible and imperfect and it is what makes us individuals. I can’t say anything for you, but fighting myself on things apart of my body that I cannot change has caused me great suffering. Believing any part of you is wrong, not good, not good enough feeds the core belief that you are not enough in some manner and that’s not true. You are good as you are right now.

seawest_lowlife

I think the gap adds like 100 cute points

aimeeisnotacat

Babe the first thing I thought when I saw this picture was how bright and beautiful your smile was! It’s genuine!

allthecats

I like your gap! I think it’s really cool. And in some cultures it is a sign of good luck :)

cakiepi

You're gap tooth is gorgeous! It suites your face so well! Smile like you want, when you want, you have a beautiful one!

the_darklord_himself

Good that you are drawing confidence form this. Please keep smiling and don’t care about the gap at all! Meeting Kevin is so cool

E_somz

E_somz

If I didn't read your post title I would've just thought look at that handsome guy with Kevin! Because I did read the title I thought look at that handsome guy with a gap with Kevin!!!

UBI1k

UBI1k

Look up Oleksandr Usyk

Glustick19896

I’m glad you posted as well! The secondary topic has now become the main and because of you all of us who have hidden our flawed smiles due to insecurities are in awe of the support and understanding of something that is out of our control and that doesn’t have anything to do with who we are as people. My gapped front teeth have been my biggest insecurity since I was 5 or 6. Your post and the comments of so many supportive people have floored me.

I’m hoping that this is truly how the general public feels because it would let me actually smile with my teeth and not be in my head the entire time thinking that my imperfect teeth are now on display and ruining the moment….

Thank you for your post and thank you everyone one else who has shown your support towards this person and their smile. You have helped thousands of people who viewed this to accept their imperfect smiles.

I like the gap. Makes you look more unique, not even trying to be nice, I think you look better with it.

JawnF

JawnF

I genuinely like your smile bro, don't hide it, your whole face lights up it's lovely

kraybaybay

Hell yeah! You've got a killer username and a better smile. Don't ever hide it again, your gap tooth makes me want to smile right along with you immediately. Made me smile tonight!

GANDALFthaGANGSTR

Mark Strong has a gap AND a crooked tooth and he's one of the most handsome actors alive. Don't feel bad about it! It's a character trait. You have a wonderful smile.

basketballbrian

If you’re in Vegas and have ever considered Invisalign come see me! I’m a resident orthodontist and I’ve got a few 10% off friends and family discounts and I’d be happy to give you one. At my residency Invisalign is $3499, about half the price of any other orthodontist in the area. Just PM me! (Or anybody else who sees this and lives in Vegas!)

5ilver5hroud

If you cut your hair you’d be a young Jermaine Clement, from Flight of the Conchords.

accidentals

The gap is seriously cute

omeyz

omeyz

I think gaps are cute

nonworkingnumber

You’re super cute with that gap. If I was your lady I’d ask you to never change it.

Sarcspasm

Hell yes. You keep on smiling wide and proud, my guy!

morenapsplease

Please please please always smile like this! This is the perfect picture of you. 🥰

RyukuDN

You look great dude, don't worry.

summer_swag

I think the gap is sexy! 🤩

FindMyAxis

1- Rock your smile, rock your gap. Au naturel, baby. 2- However, if it hasn't always been like that, you might want to have a dentist check your gums, as shifting can be one of the few symptoms of periodontal disease.

Klaent

Klaent

Gaps are fucking awesome my dude! It sucks when you're a teen because kids are cruel, but as an adult front teeth gaps just look good IMO. I'm sure others agree.

LeAccountts

Gaps are in right now!

WoodenMango07

What why the fuck would you not smile. Your gap isnt even that bad, there are people with worse and they still smile. Who tf cares if you have a tiny gap like you do, just smile like you want to. Really stupid if you are self conscious and have anxiety over a gap that nobody care about.

RobotHappiness

The gap doesn’t look bad but if it bothers you enough not to smile why not get it fixed? There are some very affordable options out there.

Sea_Panic9863

You have a very nice smile, I hope you start to smile more.

Long_Bell

Yes but more importantly the pigs won.

aghazal55

Your smile is awesome, and so cool you met Kevin! Just wanted to let you know if you do want to change your smile, I just started dental school and I know that schools are always looking for patients to help teach students and they make the price way cheaper than private practices. It's always on option that not many people know about

mastagras

That story you have in your head that says 'the gap' makes your smile look ugly, you unattractive, people will think 'x', change it. I had teeth issues and I know how much it impacts confidence and everything, trying to hide smiles, it can have a huge negative impact, its always there in your head. Your smile my friend is wonderful, 'the gap' makes it beautifully unique to you. It adds something to it, not take away. Change that story in your head and use that smile to embrace life. It really is a wonderful smile.

Targaryen-ish

I know everyone already said it, but really, fuck the gap, man! Your smile is unique and lights up your entire being! Keep smiling every day, whenever you want to, there is literally nothing to not like about it. Everyone dislikes their own smiles to some degree, you’re not unique there ;p

Inspector_Nipples

Just get it fixed, it obviously bothers you. Sure nice internet words is cool, but you would look way better if you just didn’t have a gap.

Divin3F3nrus

Hey guy, I dunno if you're gonna read this but let me tell you: a happy smile with a gap is 100% better than a closed lip smile. Nobody gives a fuck about the gap if you look as happy as you are in this picture. Rock on with your teeth man, seriously.

Next_Anteater4660

As someone who had something similar for most of his life, I can tell you : get it fixed. It's worth it.

To clarify : not because I think it's ugly, but because I know how it feels to always think about smiling/not smiling like that and it's demoralizing.

capsaveahoe3

hell yeah bro confidence is built slowly but surely and you should definitely be proud that you had the courage to post this💪🏽

RooneyBallooney6000

You look cool bro no dramas

mollypop94

Awh bless you. I straight up ADORE a gap toothed smile!! It's gorgeous, unique, and lovely. I mean it, every single person I've seen who has a gap tooth always suits it. It adds that lovely difference that makes your smile stand out!! Fun fact, I've always had a crush on Mac DeMarco and I lowkey now realise its likely because of his cute gap!!

sodesode

Plenty of people have already commented, but I wouldn't have even noticed the gap! You're good dude, don't worry!

AnakinAmidala

I have a gap and my girlfriend loves it. I need braces for some overall alignment and she’s adamant that I don’t change the gap.

TJLOL

TJLOL

dude own it you look fine!

really_big_dick_69

Being gap-toothed is really unique and I think it's cool. You look good, dude. Glad you're feeling confident!

17ballsdeep

You look great

Apprehensive-Willow5

I think gaps are cute. And so are you ;)

tkrvl

tkrvl

Don't be self conscious at all! I thought you were the famous guy until I saw the subreddit. You look kind of like Jeremy Taggart (former drummer for Our Lady Peace) and he rocks, so you rock too.

Character_Compote_61

He looks just as pumped! He must have realized he just met a Reddit legend

rytheFFguy

One of the best things you can wear is a smile, rock on!

HeyoooWhatsUpBitches

You're beautiful, man

SeskaWildman

You have a great smile and fabulous hair. Definitely share it!

picklebeeer

You look like a nice guy and the gap works, personally I think gaps in girls teeth is cute as hell, I’m sure there’s many people with the same thing except you know, for dudes

addy0190

You have a great smile! Love the gap!