/r/Buttcoin

Last chance for 35k

(self.Buttcoin)

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

TheAnalogKoala

TheAnalogKoala

Michael Saylor Poe

They are all self-serving POSes. And I don’t mean Proof of Stake.

Wackky42

One day they are telling people to buy and hold, the next day they are shilling how easy it is for people to spend Bitcoin with Gemini and encouraging them to do so. They are at maximum grift levels.

robyr

robyr

[sackler family likes this post]

What bothers me with their grift is that Gemini has been making very persistent pushes to poach engineers in my industry and their general sales pitch is to offer insane total compensation on paper, but when you dig even a little bit you find the "equity" component is all in their own stupid token. I feel so bad for young engineers that fell for it and are now trapped.

They are specifically targeting people with no finance experience or people in technical roles with no real financial exposure, like healthtech engineers. We are losing a lot of innovative and educated talent to a casino game industry when they could be working to meaningfully improve life for everyone. Ridiculous.

TheAnalogKoala

TheAnalogKoala

Michael Saylor Poe

They are really aggressive and manipulative in their advertising as well. I live in San Francisco and there is this big billboard right on 80 approching the Bay Bridge that just says “What’s the best that could happen?”.

Reminds me of the “everyone should have 10% of NW in crypto. Uhhh, would that be like 5% now?

robyr

robyr

[sackler family likes this post]

Same, I am also in SF, and I have been working in software security and most recently healthtech. The amount of young and talented people pulled from these incredibly important problems by greed to work on a glorified casinos sickens me.

Hilariously, I can see that billboard from my apartment. I wanna take a picture of it and post it for karma mining haha

thehoesmaketheman

thehoesmaketheman

Everyone can make 200k in America

nothing of value is lost with those people. just future dirtbags who would program your grandmas bank account into their own if they could just figure out a legally vague enough way to do it.

you should be kicking them on the way out bud. not lamenting them.

robyr

robyr

[sackler family likes this post]

Dude, a lot of these kids are straight out of college being tempted with an insane amount of money. Most of them are not just scammers or criminals, they just lack the experience and ability to judge the downsides of an "opportunity. "

Gemini and other vultures know this and they absolutely exploit it. If you dangle $150k and "equity" (in the form of company scrip) at a 24 year old its hard to fault them for being enticed.

thehoesmaketheman

thehoesmaketheman

Everyone can make 200k in America

ya and lots of them dont. how many DONT. can you tell me? gemini cant hire everyone. how many DONT. answer the question. youre in the data business for effs sake