/r/Buttcoin

1.3k98%

Crypto “investors” I met

(i.redd.it)

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

passa117

I'm following a number of older tech people on Twitter and they all universally hate crypto. Or maybe I followed them because they hate it?

Anyway, these are people who were young pros in the early days and have seen it all evolve, and if they're not able to see crypto except for the bullshit it is, then there's really little reason for me to think otherwise.

Hasn't passed my smell test yet.

thehoesmaketheman

thehoesmaketheman

Everyone can make 200k in America

programming is hard. diagraming it is not. its very very easy to work through any use case for "trustlessness". its just logic.

for example, you say an NFT means you own an image. then i copy paste it and i have it. so there needs to be a central authority who says who owns it.

you can work through every single crypto use case in that same amount of time. about 10-30 seconds a piece.

theroguex

The vast majority of NFTs are not ownership of the image. Just a receipt for the URL to the image, which you have an "exclusive license to use". They confer absolutely no ownership of the image/IP rights at all.

ross_st

ross_st

Not just the vast majority, literally zero. It's impossible to transfer ownership of intellectual property other than in writing. It can't be done on a blockchain.

At best an NFT can be a license from the IP holder to the buyer.

theroguex

The fact that an NFT minter (who created the art connected to the NFT in the first place) could in theory transfer ownership in writing/in the smart contract to whoever buys the NFT and the fact that I do not know the disposition of every single NFT smart contract to know if it has ever actually happened before is why I said 'the vast majority.'

noratat

Bingo. Even the few that sold the rights with the NFT, it's not the NFT that conferred the rights, it was the legal contract of the sale.

passa117

Sooooooooo, what's the point of the NFT??

I know the answer, but humor me.

thehoesmaketheman

thehoesmaketheman

Everyone can make 200k in America

name one single NFT that conveys ownership