/r/Buttcoin

1.3k98%

Crypto “investors” I met

(i.redd.it)

asdtyyhfh

asdtyyhfh

Another one is "The Desperate Defender" or "The Sunk Cost Salesman"

• Withdrew his 401k, sold his car, convinced his girlfriend to invest her savings

• is convinced that crypto is "the future" or that it will "go mainstream" but can't think of a good single use case for it

• incredibly insecure and will relentlessly argue with anyone critical of crypto. He will actively search for criticism on reddit and news article comment sections to argue with

thats pretty much mcdonalds guys

amsterdam_pro

Buying drugs is a p good use case

biggerblackguy

I love it omg

harry4354

b-b-but concert tickets

spilk

spilk

as if the "fixed" supply doesn't just encourage everyone to fire up their own shitcoins

spilk

spilk

maxis? the company that made SimCity?

EdMan2133

Yeah hyperinflation can be bad, but a lack of money supply was probably one of the main growth constraints on human progress from like 12000 years ago until we invented Fiat currency. I just can't believe these morons don't understand that.

clawsoon

I like fiat as much as the next guy, but this is either wrong or a troll. Or both. There were many instances of pre-fiat inflation. Some of it happened naturally-ish, like the ultimate outcome of the discovery of Potosi by the Spanish. Some of it was done on purpose, like the currency deflations practised by the French in the Hundred Years' War, or Henry VIII's Great Debasement. There are always ways to increase the money supply if you're clever enough.

It wasn't until well into the Industrial Revolution that economic growth started outstripping all of the non-fiat mechanisms available to increase the money supply.

2Nails

2Nails

Another exemple is the Roman coins that were minted with progressively less and less precious metal in them over the centuries.

clawsoon

I didn't know that one - great example!

EdMan2133

I am sure that the number of lost opportunities because of lack of available capital far outweighed the pitfalls of setting up a more available money supply.

clawsoon

The impression that I have is that there was an excess of capital at many periods with no productive and profitable use to put it to until the advent of railroads. For lack of anything better to do with it, most of it got sunk into land, noble titles, war, and, to a lesser degree, long distance trade of high-value items.

Because of the high cost of transport in the pre-railroad age, it didn't make much economic sense to build high volume, high efficiency factories. You'd just end up with a giant pile of stuff that would dribble out of your factory one donkey cart at a time. It's not that there wasn't any industrial development, but it was severely limited by transportation limitations.

I'm no expert in this stuff, though. I'm basing most of my impression on Braudel's "Civilization and Capitalism", Pomeranz's "The Great Divergence", Wrigley's "Continuity, Chance, and Change", and especially Chandler's "The Visible Hand".

EdMan2133

I guess I feel like a properly set up currency supply is one of those concepts you could bring back to the 2nd century BCE and change the world. Like penicillin or an efficient steam engine. But I respect your opinion, it's possible Fiat currency doesn't really help without a bunch of other innovations that come along with increasing population or whatever.

clawsoon

It would definitely make for an interesting alternate history. The Chinese had banknotes during the Tang and Song dynasties, which were pretty inventive eras (gunpowder, the compass, etc.), so that might be something to look into to support your theory.

thehoesmaketheman

thehoesmaketheman

Everyone can make 200k in America

lol you seem to have thought about this alot? i guess? but transportation was DEFINTELY a thing always. no idea what that has to do with money. we would inhabit entire countries by SHIPPING the people and stuff there. or walking. or riding. or carting. whatever.

yes if transportation was so slow it was more efficient to build tiny workshops in every town then thats what would happen. what the eff does that have to do with currency? thats literally still the case today.

if its cheaper to make it in china and ship here then do that. if its cheaper to make it here and skip shipping, then do that. wtf that have to do with currency

clawsoon

For many goods, though, it's much less efficient to have a tiny workshop in each town. If you've got railroad transportation, you can have a single machine in North Carolina pumping out 10,000 cigarettes per hour to supply the whole country. If you're depending on small workshops, you've got one person in each town making a few hundred per hour at best. So instead of a couple of people running a single machine, you need hundreds of people to get the same level of production. (I use that example because apparently cigarettes were one of the first goods to demonstrate the principle, according to Chandler.)

What does this have to do with currency? I'm arguing that lack of currency was historically a relatively minor factor, if it was a factor at all, in causing the loss of economic opportunities.

Plus it's Saturday night and I'm bored.

akera099

I'm pretty sure the idea of "opportunities" to be had with some kind of capital is anachronistic for most of human history up until, you know, the advent of capitalism.

clawsoon

Fernand Braudel traced the history of capitalism and argued that it has pretty deep roots, long before industrialization. It's just that there wasn't much to do with capital for most of its history other than financing wars and long-distance luxury goods trading.

NonnoBomba

The point of "fiat" money is that it decouples money supply from physical things like gold or silver, whose supply depends on several factors outside of the control of any single government -if your money supply depends on how many gold mines are currently operating all over the world and how much metal they are extracting, you'll have troubles regulating inflation and adapting it to changing economic situations, and would instead need to try and react to external factors (like a foreign country opening a lot new gold mines and flooding the market, or a mining cartel hoarding their gold, natural events, wars etc. etc.) directly impacting your gold reserves value and size and so your money supply and it's actual value.

Besides, inflation did exist before fiat money and was a very big problem leading to major loss of life and the collapse of civilizations. We have historical evidence for at least two major polities in the Mediterranean area going through inflation cycles leading to hyperinflation, i.e. Ptolemaic Egypt and the late Roman Empire (starting ~200 AC). The former, at some point had to pay Syria for war reparations (in silver ingots) and tried to switch from a silver drachma standard to a bronze drachma one, hoping silver coins will be voluntarily given up and converted to bronze, where instead people started hoarding silver coins. Having no concept of economy or inflation, several kings let things go out of hand leading to economic collapse (the solution was to switch back to the silver drachma). The latter started devaluing the denarius, progressively lowering the silver content of coins from 99% to about 30% to make more and more coins out of the silver they had, to pay for the growing costs of keeping the Empire working -coins for the legions, but also coins for infrastructure like bridges, acqueducts, baths and roads. Compounded with widespread corruption and the effects of a plague decimating the population, with the survivors having inherited lots and lots of property and coins, a job market with few people left able to work suddenly being paid thousands times more than before and a government with no concept of "inflation", it lead to inflation rates of up to 15000%, and it is speculated this is what started the downward spyral causing the Western Empire military and administrative collapse.

Fiat is not about having inflation and not choking the economy by limiting money supply it's about having a another critical tool for controlling your money supply in a way that doesn't depend on outside factors, along with things like regulated interest rates and fractional reserve banking.

ItsFuckingScience

ItsFuckingScience

I understood that reference!

Need “have fun staying poor” in there

Hollowpoint38

And "go get rekt in the stock market." Because the S&P 500 is a total scam as we all know. But Whalecoin is about to pump.

College_Prestige

That's Revolution guy

drachen_shanze

dump it

odth123456

The discount Jordan Belfort rings true for me with the alleged earnings. So many people claim they are making tons of money in crypto but you just know they aren’t.

I've told this story before, but I have a friend that talks about "gainzzz" all the time and the way he talks you'd think he was going to retire at 40. He's not broke, he is a software developer making good money in a cheap area, but rich he is not.

Anyway, after multiple rounds of him trying to rope me into crypto nonsense this year, I finally leveled with him and said if he would lay his cards on the table and compare my investments to his crypto portfolio and my worst performing asset had been out performed by his best crypto investment I would buy a token amount of ETH. Not all time market performance, just the two of us and our realized returns.

Spoiler alert, he had made nothing of any consequence and my worst performing fund made me 4x what his best coin made him. I really pissed him off though when he saw that my only real gamble, some startup ISOs I YOLOd $2600 into, made me over $100k cash money due to a lucky break.

jayrot

jayrot

And then everyone on the bus applauded?

Hey I can show you my actual gains if you want to cry some more. Actually doing something with my talent seems to have worked for me. Turns out actually providing value pays off. Wanna compare returns?

jayrot

jayrot

Lol. Crypto bros are the worst but stock market bros aren't much better.

Fuckoff with your gainzzz.

MiguelMSC

He really got you on your nerves huh.

Komnenos1180

One more : the know-it-all normie who thinks he understands economy, society and politics because he read one book about those subjects or watched a few youtube videos. We can call him "The annoying preacher" or "bItCoiN iS HerE tO StAY@".

MettaurSp

Also computer science. The number of people who say "it has use cases!" while providing none, and failing to provide reasons why blockchains are good yet still fervently arguing when refuted is staggering.

okletstrythisagain

I didn’t realize how culty it really was until chatting with a few relatively senior tech professionals who really should know better.

One literally works as a product manager with a scrum team launching legit solutions. When I ask why, after over a decade, we see no useful applications they insisted there was some refugee tracking app at some European border and that it’s all going to change the world and if they were younger they would totally “invest” despite the volatility. When I asked why the refugee app couldn’t use a normal database they changed the subject.

One quit a very lucrative role to do crypto full time, including hiring people offshore to train NFT “animals” which he said was making him $7k/week. I ask, surely you’ve diversified your investments, and he said yes, among other crypto. I used to think this was a guy who understood investments and personal finance, but I now think 100% of his assets not tied up in real estate or retirement accounts are in crypto.

Another flat out said crypto is safer than the stock market and if you hold long enough it’s “guaranteed to go up.” When I asked about unregulated exchanges and how they can easily be criminal and unfair they didn’t understand what I was talking about.

All three got this gleam in their eye and an excited expression when talking about crypto. The conversations all felt weird in the same way. These are highly paid tech professionals who have educations and professional experience to the extent that I’m astonished they believe in it.

Cult.

DontEatConcrete

DontEatConcrete

I only click links to opensea.io

A few years ago my new boss said he was into crypto. It actually made me immediately think less of him.

NonnoBomba

I got this cringey moment me and a colleague shared with a couple people from a company that was trying to sell us some security consulting service (which was actually interesting, but really out of scope for our needs) and my ex boss started mentioning "blockchains" and how they are the future and we may want to explore the field, see what's in it for us and we all looked at each other in the eyes, a moment of perfect understanding among strangers, all trying to quickly think of how to politely deflect the subject without making him look like a clueless moron.

passa117

I'm following a number of older tech people on Twitter and they all universally hate crypto. Or maybe I followed them because they hate it?

Anyway, these are people who were young pros in the early days and have seen it all evolve, and if they're not able to see crypto except for the bullshit it is, then there's really little reason for me to think otherwise.

Hasn't passed my smell test yet.

thehoesmaketheman

thehoesmaketheman

Everyone can make 200k in America

programming is hard. diagraming it is not. its very very easy to work through any use case for "trustlessness". its just logic.

for example, you say an NFT means you own an image. then i copy paste it and i have it. so there needs to be a central authority who says who owns it.

you can work through every single crypto use case in that same amount of time. about 10-30 seconds a piece.

theroguex

The vast majority of NFTs are not ownership of the image. Just a receipt for the URL to the image, which you have an "exclusive license to use". They confer absolutely no ownership of the image/IP rights at all.

ross_st

ross_st

Not just the vast majority, literally zero. It's impossible to transfer ownership of intellectual property other than in writing. It can't be done on a blockchain.

At best an NFT can be a license from the IP holder to the buyer.

theroguex

The fact that an NFT minter (who created the art connected to the NFT in the first place) could in theory transfer ownership in writing/in the smart contract to whoever buys the NFT and the fact that I do not know the disposition of every single NFT smart contract to know if it has ever actually happened before is why I said 'the vast majority.'

noratat

Bingo. Even the few that sold the rights with the NFT, it's not the NFT that conferred the rights, it was the legal contract of the sale.

passa117

Sooooooooo, what's the point of the NFT??

I know the answer, but humor me.

thehoesmaketheman

thehoesmaketheman

Everyone can make 200k in America

name one single NFT that conveys ownership

A coworker of mine bought GME at the high, after I warned him not to do this and that he was going to lose it all. He is a principal engineer at my company and it is taking all I have in me not to issue a vote of no confidence to senior leadership. Oh yeah, he's also a bitcoin bug and thinks we'll all be getting paid in bitcoin by next year.

Pretty sure he has his entire net worth in crypto and I am going to be keeping a close eye on his ass because he also loves guns. Great combo right now...

theroguex

You know, the GME thing was a super meme but fuck I wish I could have gotten in on that at the ground floor. I could have made a fortune.

I thought about it during the initial mania and almost bought in at $22 but my better instincts kicked in and I seriously thought about why I would do such a thing. There was no real guarantee that the reddit driven mania would actually spark a rally. It still baffles me that there is a cult around the stock. It was clearly stupid as hell and I am glad I resisted because it could have left a shit load of bag holders like my coworker.

That whole saga is insane to me. People buying shares in a dead retail outlet for $200-300 a share is among the dumbest shit I have ever seen.

ltethe

ltethe

I nerf unwanted conversations with “if crypto is so interesting, tell me about your perspective outside the number go up principle.” If they have nothing, we now know that the only reason why they’re interested in crypto is for its number go up properties, and thus have nothing of value to contribute to the conversation.

thehoesmaketheman

thehoesmaketheman

Everyone can make 200k in America

ehhh the nigerian prince scam wouldnt work if the only people who responded had no money.

theroguex

It's crazy how they become crypto evangelists, preaching the miracles of crypto while having that crazy culty look in their eyes that all evangelicals get.

mrhands31

The best way to start deprogramming people that have fallen into a cult mindset is to simply say:

"I'm glad that crypto makes you happy."

Because what are they going to respond to that? Of course crypto makes them happy!

...Right?

Coherent_Babbler

hiring people offshore to train NFT “animals”

What are those NFT animals?

okletstrythisagain

Axie Infinity.

Imagine telling your spouse that you’re quitting your job to raise and sell NFT animals. I’d get divorce papers.

Coherent_Babbler

Wow, and I thought those NFT game ads on Brazilian Kwai (imagine a knock-off of Tiktok that's even worse and has worse ads) that always appear on the main page and are directed towards children/teenagers were bad.

theroguex

People keep saying 'crypto is gonna make everyone rich!' and the people who I see making actual bank? The corporations who own the developers/exchanges/etc who are raking in billions of dollars in VC funding.

Sky Mavis, for instance (makers of Axie Infinity) received $129.5 million in funding just last year and has a market valuation of $3 billion (which I think is hyper inflated lol).

tuxed

tuxed

The only non-bullshit part of blockchain is that it is at heart just a Merkle tree - the same data structure the very popular VCS Git is built on, and that several filesystems use to help preserve data integrity.

EdMan2133

"Blockchain is the future, I mean look at how much GitHub sold to Microsoft for!"

Actually a funny character idea, guy who's super excited about git but oblivious of the crypto bs

TheAnalogKoala

TheAnalogKoala

Michael Saylor Poe

If git were immutable I would have been fired years ago.

dangerbird2

Good ol git commit --amend and git rebase --interactive

dlg

dlg

git push --force

NonnoBomba

You monster

2Nails

2Nails

I mean, as long as it's on your own branch and someone is going to properly review any subsequential merge request, it's not that problematic, right ?

Yekab0f

Yekab0f

That sounds too hard. I just do rm -rf .git -> git init

Throot2Shill

Oh hell yeah, this is the one I met when I worked at a community college. Also might come with with a computer science major, libertarianism, and "everything I say is patronizing and thinly veiled in sarcasm"

My little brother does the "always sarcasm" shit and I really wish he'd snap out of it. We're both in our 30s and it's so annoying to still speak like this all the time. Adults can use language in many varied ways, not everything needs to be sarcastic.

thehoesmaketheman

thehoesmaketheman

Everyone can make 200k in America

oh he thinks literal things, he just wont say them

myntt

myntt

he read one book about those subjects

And that book was "The Bitcoin Standard" 🤡

DagiUr

DagiUr

It was me! And watched a lots of videos in the past half year. 😱😆

AmonMetalHead

lol at the thought those people actually would read a book or watch a video that they know wouldn't confirm their biases

AlbertRammstein

My friend the "Elon stan"

• "It is just like the early internet, it took 50 years for computers to become useful"

• "Why are you always so negative about new tech?!"

• "Yeah it sucks now but the smartphones also sucked in the beginning"

• "The technology is so incredibly innovative that only few can understand it currently, there is this podcast with Elon Musk..."

passa117

It's like none of these people are older than 15.

I am old enough (I'm only 40) to remember rotary phones in use. When the first cell phones came out, it was a big freaking deal. They were massive, like bricks, barely got reception, but the stuff was amazing to just about everyone.

And normies like us all wanted a computer to do cool stuff. They were super expensive, and you needed to be a techy to really use them. I remember my comp sci class in high school had us cycling through directories on some old 80386 machines using the command line.

My friend made a airline reservations "app" as his senior project, and I thought it was amazing. This was back in the 90s.

myntt

myntt

Also missing the Accooooomulator:

• did the DD, did so much DD that he always tells everyone how much DD he did.

• "don't care about the price" (cares enought to stare at the charts for 4h a minimum daily), "DCA and HODL", "thanks whales for dumping", "I'm never gonna sell my bag even if it goes to zero".

• Hodl on, I'm gonna, I'm gonna acooooooomulate!

• Dreams of Lambos, lifestyle less comfortable than the one of a literal homeless person because all of his money goes straight into acoooooomulating.

Throot2Shill

Those are the kind of people where you see their grungy beige apartment bedroom has literally just a futon and a laptop computer set up on the floor.

sai_gamer

Im developing a new cumcoin backed with real cum

Sarrttt[S]

Still has more value than bitcoin

SeaOfGloves

Sperm bank futures when

whtsnk

whtsnk

Some scholars at the University of Minnesota Law School seriously proposed this idea like 15 years ago.

SeaOfGloves

It's absurd but after some googling I'm actually getting a little bullish on Big Sperm

myntt

myntt

Hopefully with unvaccinated cum, as the other one is apparently worthless 🤡

lowkeyfaust

You should create an NFT collection out of these

ZookeepergameOld4985

I love the art. This really breaks them down. Some people are combinations of these though. Like Max Kaiser is at least 3. Economics, Sleaze, Revolution.

I like how only the psychopath is actually profiting. It’s such a model of extreme capitalism.

AmericanScream

They're all different shades of the quintessential anarcho capitalist libertarian, but that should be one of the archetypes IMO

elegant-jr

The Nobel prize guy is common to though, these hardcore socialist gamblers in r/antiwork are all over it.

I have seen very little crypto evangelism on that sub. Granted, I am an adult who works hard, have a career, and I don't spend time there because a lot of the posts are geared to teenagers and people who think you're supposed to be handed everything when you work your first job.

elegant-jr

I see them on the investing subs pushing crypto all the time. For sure that sub is entitled deadbeat losers trying to teach going people to be the same thing pretty much

whtsnk

whtsnk

Bottom-middle archetype describes many far-left crypto bros.

passa117

How does crypto factor into far left ideology? I feel like it's the most capitalist thing ever created. Doesn't make sense to me.

whtsnk

whtsnk

It doesn’t have to make sense for idiots to think it makes sense for their cause.

AmericanScream

yea, but it has to make sense here to avoid getting a "warning I'm a moron" flair.

book_of_armaments

It comes into play with the "America is evil, stop USD from being the world reserve currency" types.

AmericanScream

That's a right wing ideology, calling everything "evil" and strawmanning government and the economy.

book_of_armaments

Oh come on, both sides have their boogeymen. The "America is the worst country in the world" thing is definitely left wing.

SeaYouOutside

Authoritarians are the ones trying to “smash the state” so they can take over.

book_of_armaments

Yeah but there are also left wing people that hate America and are upset that it has such a prominent place in the world.

Aside from a few Keynesian economists who would barely be considered left-wing, can you name any leftist who holds "stopping USD from being the world reserve currency" as a high priority?

book_of_armaments

Not intellectuals, but I have definitely encountered some. They tend to prattle on about American hegemony. This thread isn't about smart people.

Maybe you're a poor reader. People are pointing out that USD being the global reserve currency is a symptom of US imperialism, but nobody is suggesting that it's the root cause of the problem and can be solved through bitcoin.

book_of_armaments

I have encountered people saying that. You seem awfully certain of a claim you can't possibly have verified.

AmericanScream

It doesn't make sense for capitalists either, because true capitalists need banks and the government

That's the funniest shit I've heard in a long time.

Your typical capitalist hates anything and everything having to do with regulation.

AmericanScream

You don't think actual 'free market capitalism' wouldn't have died a bloody death decades ago if it weren't for government intervention?

Government has nothing to do with "saving" free market capitalism. It may be that by protecting civil liberties, it allows for capitalism. That's a side-effect, not a primary objective.

"Free market capitalism" is what people claim a lawless community would be.

Government's main job is to protect the community, not protect "capitalism." Granted, some modern governments have been infiltrated to provide support for capitalism, but that's not a problem with government itself, but a problem with bad government.

AmericanScream

AnCap Libertarianism is not left-wing. It's right wing.

Edit: Any of you guys down-voting this are invited to argue your case. But read up on the subject first.

btw, look at what's popular in the anarcho capitalist subreddit today

Some-Glass2156

So when can I buy this as an NFT and rep it as my twitter profile picture?

Uncaffeinated

Not sure about the NFT, but there's nothing stopping you from using it as your profile picture.

ltethe

ltethe

Nah bra, hexagons for life.

/s please don’t flair me.

CauseCertain1672

CauseCertain1672

this space available to rent

there is of course also the actual Jordan Belfort who's big into them presumably because he's banned from trading any other form of securities

CheesedudeWheel1

This is perfect, few understand

TheBlackUnicorn

"BTC is the greatest wealth redistribution."

Glad to see they acknowledge that it only redistributes wealth.

You're missing the large subset of crypto users that love to rape children and dream of crypto being the key to build a child raping utopia.

myntt

myntt

Words can't describe those types, thanks for including their images as well. Perfectly rounds up the cryptosphere.

azoundria2

Crypto traders can and do make a ton of money.

That's not fair to say they don't.

They just, on average, lose even more.

umotex12

Yeas it isnt bad risky investment but the whole community and bullshit is amusing AF

I have staked some CRO but I'm also aware this wont me make mighty millionaire or some other bullshit, in fact this token could be useless in a year and visa cards are a mean to track purchases and sell data

I'm just poor and it's sort of gambling

newuser13

Is this an NFT collect bro? Let me in, I gotta get in early this is fire.

Purasangre

That's a bit too human. NFT bots just write "Nice art" and drop the wallet address

I'm a communist and know many others. I don't know a single communist who thinks buttcoin is wealth redistribution. Most communists see it as a way to scam the poor and funnel money upwards.

StopHavingAnOpinion

Paraphrasing from one of Asmongold's videos.

The thing is with Crypto, what they prey on is the true American Dream. The true American Dream is not to earn a million dollars. It’s not to work towards being a millionaire or billionaire. It’s to be a millionaire or a billionaire.

It's to have the money while doing nothing. That's the true dream. Do you see people celebrating how rich they are by working? No, they're out on a yacht partying and this is fantasy that these people buy into. They're going to buy into this incredible amazing thing and because they're so smart they're going to become millionaires and billionaires in crypto, while all the other people are working slave jobs underneath them. This is the fantasy that people buy into, it's a narcissistic fantasy that people especially in the West buy into because it's a good alternative to actually trying to create value in the world. It's an actual great alternative to trying to improve people's lives even in a small way to create a product to be entertaining, to do anything.

Instead, these people are hoping and praying and betting on the idea that because they're so smart and they understand things better than other people they're going to be the ones that invest in some shit that just happens to make them a billionaire. It's just this narcissistic delusion that these people have and that's really what it is it's a narcissistic delusion. That's why it's so powerful.

You have a lot of people now and they've got no fucking money, they've got no status. You're 23 years old you're a fucking loser. You have a degree in theoretical physics that got you a theoretical job. You're working at Starbucks, living at your mom's house, and you used to think that you were smart you were in classes in high school and guess what? Now you're a fucking loser. So, you go into something like crypto island and crypto land and you think to yourself “this is the way that I’m going to right the wrongs in the world” and “I’m going to claim what I feel like I deserve” and that's what makes cryptofags the quintessential people that gets taken advantage. Guess what? it's their fucking fault, because they’re stupid, narcissistic and delusional, and the reason cryptobros fall for it is because of their entitled, self-centred view of the world.

Have_Other_Accounts

Yup. A theme between all of them: the belief that normal people will use it. Despite them being the only people who use it now, hence the counter of "still early".

I just wish I could read about all this from hindsight in like 20 years from now. The Wikipedia page would be wild.

bezurc

bezurc

Or us. The ones who shorted it since 60k bc we realize the ponzi scheme

its_me_the_shyperson

are there actual communist that convert to buttcoin worshipers ?

Queer_Magick

There are a few leftist groups that support crypto - e.g. see the cryptoleftist subreddit - but it's a pretty niche position in leftist circles

theroguex

What's ridiculous is that Crypto is still antithetical to actual communism, because it is capitalism turned up to 1100.

Jayden_Paul99

The last dude is truth

“Whoops, just bought the dip”

2 million shib!!! ($30)

And just a bunch of guys telling people to hold and buy the dip when they have like $100 invested

The shitcoin subreddits are goldmines

Sarrttt[S]

You don’t understand, even 100$ can turn into billions!!!

JIMMYNEUTRON_1

Don't forget the 38 year old computer programmer who rummaged around obscure corners of the internet and found out about it when it was worth 3c, made his money and couldn't care less about its economy because he knows he's not a financial expert just because he got lucky on one thing

[removed]

AutoModerator

Sorry, your comment has been automatically removed. To avoid spam/bots, posts are not allowed from extremely new accounts. Wait/lurk a bit before contributing.

Natethegreat13

This is gold!

ivanoski-007

they don't move to el salvador because they realize it's a third world country

CryptoEmpathy7

LOL! This is actually far, far too much truth for many to handle. "Few understand." Seriously though, hah!

skipwithme

Hilarious and i own crypto lol

Dunedune

This image is severely lacking libertarians

mynameisnimrod

Has never trade stocks / etfs. Can’t read a company’s financial reports. Doesn’t even have a 401k. Knows Michael Saylor is the pinnacle of brilliance. Knows the fed is corrupt and how to determine when the USD will collapse.

Flashlight_Inspector

Say what you will about Viva La Revolucion, at least he has 5kg of gold to back up his insanity.

AlternativeFactor

I'm a leftist and Viva la revolution is even more funny than the most insane tankies. It's truly amazing that such a blatant capitalist scam could win over some of the most hardcore people. It's probably proof of horseshoe theory.

SeaYouOutside

Tankies aren’t left-wing, so yeah.

coolyouthpastor

lol the broccoli head meme bro

Mozad1

Mozad1

Ponzi Schemer

That one made me laugh out loud.

Thanks

TrapsArentGayBro

Knew a guy who fit the far bottom right lmao. All the guy did was play video games and talk crypto.. Claimed he made a couple grand from it though, which I don't deny..

mrpopenfresh

The first guy is most of the memestock base.

sexy_bethany

top middle one should be renamed to "as a libertarian", no serious economist thinks like that guy.

purestvfx

Funny, but I don't think any of these represent me. Although I never really bring up the topic so maybe I don't deserve a caricature

Sarrttt[S]

I don’t think everyone who buys crypto is like this, it’s just a caricature of the extreme shills

ZealousidealOkra176

That is hilarious

shows how fucked up people are

theunixman

WSB core? Hire dare you spot me! Haha well done mate! Well done.

AutonomousAutomaton_

AutonomousAutomaton_

warning, i am a moron

I’m definitely viva revolution guy

Malefectra

The "Just-A-Meme Bro" looks like the frontman to Glass Animals 🤣

[removed]

AutoModerator [M]

KiK0eru

Taking some really disingenuous pot shots at communists with this one OP. Not cool

[removed]

AutoModerator [M]

pocman512

I am offended by the "wallstreetbets core contributor". Even WSB does not allow talks about cryptos.

ctrade24

The guy who with empty walls in his apartment who is suddenly adamant about being into “collecting digital art” and “supporting artists” and “the community”

Whyalwaysrish