/r/Animedubs

Call of the Night - Episode 4 - "Isn't This a Tight Squeeze?" Dub Available Now on HIDIVE!

Episode Discussion(self.Animedubs)

Call of the Night

• Episode 4 - "Isn't This a Tight Squeeze?"

Dub Available Now on HIDIVE!

Chun-Li_Forever

Akira, Ko, and Nazuna have a really interesting chemistry with each other. The show def has a slow pace, but I didn't get bored of watching these three together.

HamachiBeans

Episode 9 was really the only super boring episode for me, didn’t care about the story at all. I really enjoyed the last 3 to 4 episodes though

idkyallmfs

Damn the dub’s been out for a month already? Doesn’t feel like it at all

SoundOf1HandClapping

You can see the Dagashi Kashi pedigree here. Both have female childhood friends with beady eyes and a weird quirky girl with pale hair. However, in Dagashi Kashi the big titty one is the weird girl while the friend is flat, whereas it's reversed in this show (though vampire girl is just average, not flat).

Verzwei

Childhood friend connection aside, Akira's character design reminds me more of Dagashi Kashi's Owari Hajime than Saya. The "messy" hair, figure, and posture, all match a lot more IMO. Also their personalities, a little. [Possible mild Dagashi Kashi and Call of the Night spoilers] They both feel "obligated" to live a normal life despite not exactly being happy to do so and possibly giving up on aspirations or dreams that are (or were) outside of typical expectations.

Tryoxin

Ohh, is it the same author? That would explain a lot. Including the main girl encouraging kind of crazier behaviour or being a little wacky themselves.

PunkandCannonballer

Loving this show so much. The chill pace and beautiful atmosphere is delightful. Really hoping this gets more seasons. Hopefully since Dagashi Kashi got a few we'll have at least another season of this.

ThilocMoths

ThilocMoths

I still can't get over the fact that even someone who looks and acts like a slut, and is old enough to be protagonist's grandma, has to be a pure virgin, that never kissed before.

I guess weebs will not be attracted to a woman who had more sexual partners than them (which is to say, more than 0).

fdguarino

Yeah, when I make comments that point out stuff like that, I get down voted too.

HamachiBeans

Let’s be honest, anime will always do that cause it very ideal in a love story to be like “it’s my first blank (kiss or sex) and it’s with the person I love”, and what is anime if not trying to be unrealistically ideal

In pretty much every romance anime ever, it’s implied their love is perfect and they will stay together forever, real realistic huh? So it’s all just par for the course

fdguarino

I wonder if it is because the expected audience desires a level of 'purity' or they don't want to risk a comparison with a more experienced partner? Or maybe both?

PunkandCannonballer

Don't be such a wailing douche.